[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

so, I don't need to setup different paths in the one running version of SABnzbd? (see SAB setup.jpg)…  My question is the "Folder/Path" section...

just leave it blank or do I have to input paths...  Also note that tying all this together, the tv-current shows are on a Asustor NAS, while the tv-ended

shows, as well as all the apps are on the UnRaid server. So the tv-current running version of Sonarr media is mapped to the NAS...  I assume that means Sonarr will do all the file moving, etc?

SAB setup.jpg

Edited by RGauld

Recent update...  just tried it and after SABnzbd finished downloading the file, it wont move it to the NAS...

when I check the activity tab in Sonarr, I see this: (Soanrr error.jpg).  Weird thing is, I have Radarr setup an running

as well, and it also has to send the files to the NAS, which it does with no problems...

Sonarr error.jpg

38 minutes ago, RGauld said:

so, I don't need to setup different paths in the one running version of SABnzbd? (see SAB setup.jpg)…  My question is the "Folder/Path" section...

just leave it blank or do I have to input paths...  Also note that tying all this together, the tv-current shows are on a Asustor NAS, while the tv-ended

shows, as well as all the apps are on the UnRaid server. So the tv-current running version of Sonarr media is mapped to the NAS...  I assume that means Sonarr will do all the file moving, etc?

SAB setup.jpg

So for the first part. No you don't need different paths. And this is because Sonarr will only be talking to SABnzbd about the category it cares about. So if 'tv-current' had a bunch of items ready to be moved, the Sonarr instance with 'tv-ended' as it's category won't even see them in the results when it queries SABnzbd.

As for the second part, in regards to the different machine paths. SABnzbd is going to tell Sonarr where the file is located. But SABnzbd is going to say where the file is in relation to it's setup. That becomes a problem when the paths don't line up because of different machines. If you turn on the advanced settings in Sonarr, then go to download client, there is a part for remote path mappings. So you may be able to configure it through that. But would require reading up on the setup. I have it all on the same machine, so all I needed to do was line up the download paths among the Sonarr/Radarr instances and SABnzbd.

12 minutes ago, RGauld said:

Recent update...  just tried it and after SABnzbd finished downloading the file, it wont move it to the NAS...

when I check the activity tab in Sonarr, I see this: (Soanrr error.jpg).  Weird thing is, I have Radarr setup an running

as well, and it also has to send the files to the NAS, which it does with no problems...

Sonarr error.jpg

I would also expect to see an error under 'System -> Logs'

Edited by peteknot

the log shows:

"Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/complete/*****************US S16E01 1080p WEB H264-XLF"

But what confuses me is Radarr is also set to move files to the NAS, and also uses the same SABnzbd that both versions of Sonarr

use...   Whenever Radarr downloads a file through SABnzbd, it moves the file to the NAS with no issues, and I don't have any remote

paths setup there...  Radarr is set to "movies" as a category in it's download client setups, just as Sonarr is set to your suggestion

of "tv-current" and "tv-ended"...

For some reason I cannot reach the webpage of the gui anymore... Setting VPN to no makes it work again but this has been working for a very long time... I think it stopped working yesterday evening..

I have pihole running but it is not active for my dockers (they use cloufflare dns) so it should not be the issue... No other firewall is in between..

What could this be ?  With some pointers in some direction I will be able to fix it but have no idea where to look now..

54 minutes ago, Helmonder said:

For some reason I cannot reach the webpage of the gui anymore... Setting VPN to no makes it work again but this has been working for a very long time... I think it stopped working yesterday evening..

I have pihole running but it is not active for my dockers (they use cloufflare dns) so it should not be the issue... No other firewall is in between..

What could this be ?  With some pointers in some direction I will be able to fix it but have no idea where to look now..

using pia and attempting to connect to a canadian endpoint by any chance?.

20 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok well it could simply be a vpn provider outage, to confirm its nothing else please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Herewith !

I read it gives an AUTH FAILED in there.. Password has not been changed in over a year though... Just changed it just to be sure, did not make a difference, new password also ended up in the credentials file in the openvpn folder.. So that part works..

supervisord.log

Edited by Helmonder
7 minutes ago, Helmonder said:

Herewith !

I read it gives an AUTH FAILED in there.. Password has not been changed in over a year though... Just changed it just to be sure, did not make a difference, new password also ended up in the credentials file in the openvpn folder.. So that part works..

supervisord.log 33.97 kB · 1 download

yep i see the multiple auth_failed messages, on the last retry in that log though its successful and i guess you can access the web ui and dl, correct?.

i would suspect the multiple authentication failures are due to a issue on the vpn provider end that looks to be intermittent, or they have just fixed it :-).

Edited by binhex
5 minutes ago, binhex said:

yep i see the multiple auth_failed messages, on the last retry in that log though its successful and i guess you can access the web ui and dl, correct?.

i would suspect the multiple authentication failures are due to a issue on the vpn provider end that looks to be intermittent, or they have just fixed it :-).

No... still not working... But if you think its on the side of the vpn provider I guess I just leave it alone for a couple of days, see if it comes back... Thanks very much for your help !

1 minute ago, Helmonder said:

But if you think its on the side of the vpn provider I guess I just leave it alone for a couple of days, see if it comes back

well lets put it this way, there have been no changes to this docker image in the last 20 days, and im assuming it has been working fine in this period, so im 99.999% sure its vpn provider.

29 minutes ago, binhex said:

well lets put it this way, there have been no changes to this docker image in the last 20 days, and im assuming it has been working fine in this period, so im 99.999% sure its vpn provider.

Thanks. I will keep you posted. VPN provider helpdesk does not understand the issue at all ;-)  Keeps asking for my settings page 🙂

8 minutes ago, Helmonder said:

Thanks. I will keep you posted. VPN provider helpdesk does not understand the issue at all ;-)  Keeps asking for my settings page 🙂

just tell them you arent using their (normally fairly shoddy) app and are running an OpenVPN client with their supplied OpenVPN configuration file and you are seeing random authentication failures as well as connectivity issues.

Ok. I'm currently banging my head trying to figure out a networking issue. - When VPN is enabled for this docker container, I lose all ability to access it via it's webpage (http://docker ip:8080; ICMP still works). However, once I turn VPN off, access is immediately restored. The only thing that has changed in my environment is that my wireless router was replaced today (my previous router died last night, and I had to run out to the store for a new one). - All of the IP configuration has been carried over and the CIDR notation is still correct in the container variables. I've even tried a different VPN provider to see if it was an issue with their split tunneling.

I'm also running into this same problem with "binhex-qbittorrentvpn" as well.

supervisord.log

Edited by MarkRMonaco
On 4/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, Squid said:

But are the PATHS on this sonarr set identically as on sab?  (The template paths, in particular the /data mapping)

Thank you...  I did have that /data path mapped to the NAS instead of the server...  now that I have changed it, it appears to be working now...  

Thanks a million for your help!

3 hours ago, MarkRMonaco said:

Ok. I'm currently banging my head trying to figure out a networking issue. - When VPN is enabled for this docker container, I lose all ability to access it via it's webpage (http://docker ip:8080; ICMP still works). However, once I turn VPN off, access is immediately restored. The only thing that has changed in my environment is that my wireless router was replaced today (my previous router died last night, and I had to run out to the store for a new one). - All of the IP configuration has been carried over and the CIDR notation is still correct in the container variables. I've even tried a different VPN provider to see if it was an issue with their split tunneling.

I'm also running into this same problem with "binhex-qbittorrentvpn" as well.

For my specific issue, I think it has to do with the ASUS router (RT-AX58U) that I purchased (I've seen some other VPN-related comments on Google). Since there is 3rd-party firmware support, I switched over to Merlin (who makes a modified stock firmware), which added additional support for router-level VPN connections. Previously, it was all or none. Now, I can route specific IP addresses through it (similar to how you can do it on pfSense), and have the rest of the traffic flow through the regular internet. - I'm just not 100% certain if all of the outbound traffic for those specific docker IP's are going through the tunnel (which I'll have to verify via terminal sessions).

I have a strange problem and I am not sure where to look next. I've just swapped to Unraid and have setup SAB docker with my VPN. Every hour it stops working and I have to either kill the openvpn process from within the docker image or restart it. 

You can see below at the timestamps of 13:27 everything is UP and fine. Then an hour later it looks like it does a reconnect of sorts, but from then on it doesn't work. I have deleted and re-downloaded the docker image and set it up again. I have rebooted the Unraid host as well.

I am looking for guidance on where I can try next? Thanks

2020-04-04 13:27:48,825 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Application does not require port forwarding or VPN provider is != pia, skipping incoming port assignment

2020-04-04 13:27:48,825 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Checking we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address...

2020-04-04 13:27:48,884 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS operational, we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address '216.58.210.36'

2020-04-04 13:27:48,900 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Application does not require external IP address, skipping external IP address detection

2020-04-04 14:34:02,767 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 TLS: new session incoming connection from [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1194

2020-04-04 14:34:02,806 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=1, CN=ChangeMe

2020-04-04 14:34:02,806 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 VERIFY KU OK
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 Validating certificate extended key usage
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 VERIFY EKU OK
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 VERIFY X509NAME OK: CN=helios_5e754e9f-953e-4ac1-b9fc-b4ff9f056a4c
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=0, CN=helios_5e754e9f-953e-4ac1-b9fc-b4ff9f056a4c

2020-04-04 14:34:02,830 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 TLS: move_session: dest=TM_ACTIVE src=TM_UNTRUSTED reinit_src=1

2020-04-04 14:34:02,831 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 TLS: tls_multi_process: untrusted session promoted to semi-trusted
Sat Apr  4 14:34:02 2020 Control Channel: TLSv1.3, cipher TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 256 bit EC, curve: prime256v1

I'm also running the delugevpn docker and the log files show a slightly different message every hour. Connecting to the same VPN. It shows an inactivity timeout and a restart event.

Is this missing from the SAB container?

2020-04-02 19:29:34,440 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2020-04-02 19:29:34,689 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

2020-04-02 20:29:34,474 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Apr  2 20:29:34 2020 [helios_5e754e9f-953e-4ac1-b9fc-b4ff9f056a4c] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Actually ignore that, they both are doing the inactive timeout routing. Will continue digging!

Fix? Seems to be stable now I have set reneg-sec 0 in the server.conf for the OpenVPN server and restarted everything. Didn't see this before when I used an Ubuntu download server connecting up to the VPN, guess it's just one of those things!

Edited by MrFwibble
On 3/14/2020 at 1:41 PM, IrishBiker said:

Slightly off topic, I'm trying to get both arch-sabnzbdvpn and arch-sonarr running on OpenMediaVault 5. Both Dockers are running but I am having problems trying to get them to see the same download folder.

Sabnzbdvpn config:

/config >  /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/appdata/sabnzbdvpn/config

/data > /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/media

Sonarr config:

/data > /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/media

/config > /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/appdata/sonarr/config

/media > /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/media

Both apps start and seem to be working, however Sabnzbdvpn keeps creating the Downloads folder in config folder section and then of course Sonarr can't see it. Am I missing something? How can I get them to see the same folder.

Had this issue too, but finally figured it out. Despite you setting the folders in the Docker Setup, you also need to tell SAB to use the data folder in it's configuration menu because for some reason it is set by default to save to the config folder there. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, masteraero said:

Had this issue too, but finally figured it out. Despite you setting the folders in the Docker Setup, you also need to tell SAB to use the data folder in it's configuration menu because for some reason it is set by default to save to the config folder there. 

Now this is scary! After weeks of swearing, uninstalling, reinstalling I only just got it working last night myself. As Masteraero reported you have to change the folder location not just in the docker template but in config section of sabnzbdvpn. Here’s what worked for me:

Sonarr, radarr and sabnzbdvpn all need the same data path. Initially BinHex’s example documentation threw me off, both sonarr and radarr both speak of media data looking at a sabnzbdvpn watched folder and sabnzbdvpn just speaks of data pointing to a totally different path.  

For me using OMV5 I used the following entry for data in all three dockers:

-v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OM5data/data:/data \

(/srv/dev-disk-by-label- is the default path for usb mounted drives in OMV5)

Finally going into sabnzbdvpn: SABnzbd Config -> Folders and changing both the Complete and incomplete folder paths to start with /data/ got them all working and seeing each other.

Thanks to Masteraero for the confirmation and BinHex for the excellent dockers. By copy to BinHex your documentation for sabnzbdvpn under the AirVpn example points 3,4 and 5 speaks of delugevpn, should that not be sabnzbdvpn? 😊

Edited by IrishBiker
speeling
12 minutes ago, IrishBiker said:

By copy to BinHex your documentation for sabnzbdvpn under the AirVpn example points 3,4 and 5 speaks of delugevpn, should that not be sabnzbdvpn?

yes and no, really i should change it to *vpn, as it covers all of the vpn enabled docker images i have produced, delugevpn being the most popular.

edit - ahh i see what you mean the readme, not the documentation, got it! that does need to be changed

btw guys the fact you need to configure the app as well as configure the volume paths correctly is detailed in the documentaiton, Q4 from the following link end of that A4 for the juicy bit.:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

Edited by binhex