[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

5 hours ago, unknownclient said:

Updated the docker and noticed the web ui is no longer working. Pulled down the latest update and the ui is still not working. Rebooted the server and still not working.

from your log:-

2020-09-30 19:23:51,706 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 30 19:23:51 2020 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]141.98.216.227:443 failed: Connection timed out

i would assume probably an out of date openvpn config file, but check Q17 too:-  https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

23 hours ago, Necrodomis said:

Hello - having an issue after the latest pull. The web interface is no longer accessible. No changes on the network side and no changes to the docker itself. Been working fine for 6-8 months. supervisor looks fine to me? Getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and privoxy isnt allowing me in either.

supervisord.log 15.52 kB · 2 downloads

any insights?

If I pull 3.0.2-1-03 - it works fine.. anything above that and sab and privoxy do not start up

Edited by Necrodomis
On 10/2/2020 at 9:35 PM, mikesp18 said:

I was having a similar issue. Reverted to 3.0.2-1-03 and it worked fine.  I'm not sure about other iterations

I updated today and was unable to get it to start or to access the web interface, so I reverted to this version and everything works again.

I updated today and was unable to get it to start or to access the web interface, so I reverted to this version and everything works again.
Hi guys I will try and take a look at this tonight and see if I can replicate the problem

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

@mikesp18 @Crilith @Necrodomis hi guys, i cannot replicate the issue with the latest tagged version here, so i suspect its a vpn provider related problem. i think what is going on is that the provider you are using does not set the default gateway to be the vpn tunnel and thus the gaterway ip is not identified. 

can you please try this as a fix:-

1. revert back to latest

2. edit the ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ and add the following line:-

redirect-gateway def1

3. save the ovpn file and restart the container.

let me know if this works, as i need to make some code changes to do this automatically for you.

6 hours ago, binhex said:

@mikesp18 @Crilith @Necrodomis hi guys, i cannot replicate the issue with the latest tagged version here, so i suspect its a vpn provider related problem. i think what is going on is that the provider you are using does not set the default gateway to be the vpn tunnel and thus the gaterway ip is not identified. 

1. revert back to latest

redirect-gateway def1

let me know if this works, as i need to make some code changes to do this automatically for you.

That looks like it did the trick for me. Thank you for looking into it. 

• Like 1
Hey Binhex, saw that you added wireguard support to the github README, but I don't think it's working (dockerhub doesn't seem to be updated). Just wanted to check if you were still working on it or if something was wrong. Thanks!
It will be integrated imminently I am just waiting to ensure there are no bugs - test tagged for delugevpn

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 10/5/2020 at 4:21 AM, binhex said:

1. revert back to latest

redirect-gateway def1

@binhexDoes it matter where I insert the line in the *.ovpn file? I tried inserting and it didn't work. I tried reverting to a prior build with no success. Any insight? both binhex vpn of sab and deluge do not bring up the web-ui. 

It seems to just hang and doesn't start sab. (Same with deluge)

LOG.txt

Edited by fartrhino
Added information and addressing binhex

Wireguard support got added and it's working great so far! Only issue I have is when I change the endpoint to a specific WG Server IP rather than a hostname it seems to fail? Is there any way to select a specific server IP? Thanks!

I used the script: https://github.com/pia-foss/manual-connections

To find a wireguard IP since my provider wants a static IP. And then I used that in place of the hostname for ENDPOINT in the conf file.

Edited by AD24

Hi, 

I spotted over on the DelugeVPN thread that WireGuard had been implemented and so I've taken out a month subscription with PIA to try it out. 

Everything seemed to go well however once SabnzbdVPN starts in the log, I can't get the GUI to load? I don't see any errors in the log and so I was hoping someone could shed some light? 

Many thanks. 

SabnzbdVPN log;

20201011_150957.jpg

GUI won't load;

20201011_151301.jpg

My SabnzbdVPN settings;

20201011_151030.jpg

20201011_151128.jpg

20201011_151157.jpg

***Edit - DOH.....I didn't update the lan_network address (I've recently moved house), all working now. 

Edited by LoneTraveler

Hi all,

I've been using sabnzbdvpn a several months now and am very happy with the work of binhex.

Since the last update however I'm having trouble to get it working. The log of the container shows:

2020-10-12 15:52:44,477 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Use --help for more information.

2020-10-12 15:52:44,477 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-12 15:52:44,481 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: --proto tcp is ambiguous in this context. Please specify --proto tcp-server or --proto tcp-client

Could this be an issue caused by the .ovpn-files provided by my VPN-provider?

Nevermind!

I've found a workaround. I'm connecting to my VPN-provider over udp in stead of tcp.

Edited by esto
Found a workaround

Hi, 

How can I force Sabnzbdvpn to recreate the wg0.conf file? 

I've just noticed that Sabnzbdvpn stopped during the night and each time I restart it, I get the following error;

[crit] VPN configuration file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf does not contain 'Endpoint' line, showing contents of file before exit...

Checking the file however reveals that it is completely blank? 

I'm at a loss as to what's happened during the night. 

***Edit - Simply deleting the file and restarting seems to have done the trick. 

Edited by LoneTraveler

I am having an issue when I start any of the virtual machine services and reboot with it on its like BR_netfilter gets loaded first and iptables stop working and I cant access the gui of the sab container but everything else still works.  If I restart with virtual machine services turned off in unraid it works fine. both my VMs and my Dockers are using br0 and have ip address assigned to them in the 192.168.1.0/24 range and Lan_Network is set to 192.168.1.0/24. I also made sure that the echo "# force iptable mangle module to load (required for *vpn dockers)" >> /boot/config/go echo "/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle" >> /boot/config/go was done as well.  Is this a issue with BR_netfilter https://serverfault.com/questions/963759/docker-breaks-libvirt-bridge-network ? Is there an easy way to solve this ? I just want to be able to run docker and VMs on the same bridge. 

Guys ... same issues as othere here inasmuch as webui not accessible following recent update. How do i get back to 3.0.2-1-03 which appears to be the fix? I did try adding a line to ovpn file as suggested but did nothing and i'm not sure just where that line needs to be inserted as are others it seems so its back to 3.0.2-1-03 for me, but how do i get there?

I'm using PIA if it helps.

Edited by superloopy1
39 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

Guys ... same issues as othere here inasmuch as webui not accessible following recent update. How do i get back to 3.0.2-1-03 which appears to be the fix? I did try adding a line to ovpn file as suggested but did nothing and i'm not sure just where that line needs to be inserted as are others it seems so its back to 3.0.2-1-03 for me, but how do i get there?

I'm using PIA if it helps.

What worked for me; I switched from an .ovpn which connected over TCP to an .ovpn which connects over UDP. Does PIA support UDP? Give it a try.

I have had the same issues on clean installed unraid server, it blocks the webui when using old vpn technology when using PIA, even if you add the line from earlier post. 

Switch over to the new technology copy new ovpn file, delete everything else in ovpn folder, restart sabnzbd, and it will work like charm. 

download link described at the support page of deluge vpn. 

( Q19. I see that PIA has a new network called 'Next-Gen', does *VPN Docker Images that you produce support this, and if so how do i switch over to it?

A19. Yes, it's now fully supported including port forwarding, if you want to switch from PIA's current network to the 'next-gen' network then please generate a new ovpn file using the following procedure:-

Please make sure you have the latest Docker Image by issuing a docker pull.

Download next-gen ovpn config file - Click on the following link and then click on 'View OpenVPN Configurations' , please download a ovpn file for next-gen:- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/download#

Extract the zip and copy ONE of the ovpn files and any other certs etc to /config/openvpn/, ensuring you either rename the extension or delete the old current-gen network ovpn file.

Restart the container and monitor /config/supervisord.log file for any issues.) 

thnx for all your hard works, Binhex. 

Edited by DeNiX
additional info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just want to put this in here if anyone else is tired and fighting with the nextgen server connection for privoxy and PIA.... make sure you change your credentials in the docker to be your PIA login, don't keep trying to use the PPTP/SOCKS user and pass... if you were totally coherent and able to see the AUTH_FAILED right away, you can save yourself a massive headache :D

• Like 1

I'm attempting to utilize the new wireguard setup after a successful openvpn setup.  I use Torguard for my VPN service.  I have wireguard selected and I utilized the tool here https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-openvpnconfig for creating a wireguard config from Torguard.  I entered in my details as requested to generate the config.  I then started and stopped wireguard service and replaced the information in the wg0.conf file w/ my config information.  I verified that the information stays after booting up the container.  I also updated "Extra Parameters" to be "--privileged=true".  The container starts buts that is all I get.  I attached a screenshot of my settings w/ user and pwd temporarily removed.  I would appreciate any assistance.  Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_2020-10-27 Tower UpdateContainer.png

Screenshot_2020-10-27 Client Area - TorGuard.png

On 10/20/2020 at 9:50 AM, DeNiX said:

I have had the same issues on clean installed unraid server, it blocks the webui when using old vpn technology when using PIA, even if you add the line from earlier post. 

Switch over to the new technology copy new ovpn file, delete everything else in ovpn folder, restart sabnzbd, and it will work like charm. 

download link described at the support page of deluge vpn. 

( Q19. I see that PIA has a new network called 'Next-Gen', does *VPN Docker Images that you produce support this, and if so how do i switch over to it?

A19. Yes, it's now fully supported including port forwarding, if you want to switch from PIA's current network to the 'next-gen' network then please generate a new ovpn file using the following procedure:-

Please make sure you have the latest Docker Image by issuing a docker pull.

Download next-gen ovpn config file - Click on the following link and then click on 'View OpenVPN Configurations' , please download a ovpn file for next-gen:- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/download#

Extract the zip and copy ONE of the ovpn files and any other certs etc to /config/openvpn/, ensuring you either rename the extension or delete the old current-gen network ovpn file.

Restart the container and monitor /config/supervisord.log file for any issues.) 

thnx for all your hard works, Binhex. 

Thank you for the instructions.  I could not get into the GUI for Sab and Sonarr and Radarr were not working.  I followed these steps and i am back up and running!  Much appreciated!