[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

On 11/5/2020 at 10:46 AM, Lignumaqua said:

@NeoSys - You aren't being clear, but just to try and clarify what I think is going on here if your 'issue' is with PIA.

1. PIA's support for OpenVPN V2.5 is very spotty and varies from server to server. 

2. I also think this is changing as they upgrade servers, so a server that worked yesterday might not today, or vice-versa.

3. As far as I can tell, best advice right now, no matter what cipher you are using, is to make sure you have the 'ncp-disable' line in your ovpn file. It might work without on some servers but it's a dynamic situation.

4. Also make sure you are using your PIA login username and password which start with p--------, not the SOCKS one.

Thanks I have tried all the options here. I just did exactly above right now. The problem that I am having is after the container starts I click on "Status and interface options"  and I get "Public IPv4 address Connection failed!" and "Nameserver / DNS Lookup Connection failed!" if I keep clicking on refresh eventually I will get the PIA IP address and the DNS but a few minutes later I will get the same error messages. If I try to download something the file will take for eve to fetch and than it will just sit there and either download after a while or abort. Now an aborted file I will retry and sometimes it will actually download correctly.

I am using 4096 Files and using US New York

On 11/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, binhex said:

i think you are alone with your issue, thats why i need to know what it is, until that time i cannot help.

and that issue is? i have looked at your profile and you have made no other posts in this thread.

Again I did not mean to bother. The biggest issue for me to post here is I am like really new so sometimes I do not know how to answer questions so the way I fix things is by waiting for others to keep asking and I try what they are told how to fixes and up to now I always find a fix lol.

But please if you can look at my issue above and if you need more info please ask away and I will do my best not to look like an idiot finding what you need for me to help me fix this.

I love this container and never had an issue I use all your containers as recommended by spaceinvader and I am so glad I have done that. So please do not take anything I have said or asked as some king of insult or dig, I am so thankful for people like you and can only but praise your amazing work.

Thank you both!

VIc

Good evening all.  I'm also a user that has enjoyed the stability of this container for a long time.  Starting this week, I started to have problem.

I removed the files from the SABVPN OpenVPN folder

Downloaded the Openvpn-nextgen Files this evening and added CA Toronto and the PM and CRT File

I followed A22 here

It corrected my issue.

Thank you very very much.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:45 AM, David2376 said:

All servers are working for me.....You have to use your PIA username and password in the container. For some reason PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS username and password are not being accepted. 

I had been struggling with this issue all day. Weird part is NZBGETVPN works with PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password, but delugevpn you have to use your actually login. Everything was working normally until my power outage and my dockers restarted.

Are people just experiencing problems with PIA and not AirVPN too?

Since the update last week I have not been able to access the GUI, but found the container was showing as orphaned?

Reinstalled new version, but could not establish a VPN connection + Sonar and Radar can't see index sites either.

I have ended up having to restore my app data to a previous version, so assume now running older version of SabnzbVPN. But it's working.

Edited by clevoir
Missing ?

Hi all,

I'm also unable to get connected to PIA servers anymore.

I keep getting this warning:

2020-11-07 16:21:21,750 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-07 16:21:21 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

38212338_Screenshot2020-11-07at16_37_26.png.19cf317ca50655f6eccf50c5c94c28f3.png

I tried several OVPN config files from PIA, with different ciphers and none is working now.

Attached log and redacted PIA info and IPs.

Best.

supervisord_redacted.log

Hi Binhex, I updated my docker yesterday (6th Nov 2020) for BINHEX_SABNZBDVPN and now it is not working anymore. When I disable the vpn it works fine but when I enable the VPN it doesn't work at all. Would you be able to advise what might have happened for this to have stopped working all of a sudden please?

6 hours ago, l3gion said:

Hi all,

2020-11-07 16:21:21 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

38212338_Screenshot2020-11-07at16_37_26.png.19cf317ca50655f6eccf50c5c94c28f3.png

I tried several OVPN config files from PIA, with different ciphers and none is working now.

Best.

supervisord_redacted.log 71.73 kB · 0 downloads

I was having this issue also. Try different servers and try your actual PIA user name. As David2376 mention for some reason PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS does not work anymore.

15 minutes ago, azndjay said:

I was having this issue also. Try different servers and try your actual PIA user name. As David2376 mention for some reason PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS does not work anymore.

Hi,

What do you mean by "your actual PIA user name"? I'm using my PIA user name already.

I Reverted to my previous container version using a backup and it's working again.

Best.

7 hours ago, l3gion said:

Hi all,

Best.

supervisord_redacted.log 71.73 kB · 0 downloads

see q22:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Like 1
5 hours ago, GaryBellars said:

Hi Binhex, I updated my docker yesterday (6th Nov 2020) for BINHEX_SABNZBDVPN and now it is not working anymore. When I disable the vpn it works fine but when I enable the VPN it doesn't work at all. Would you be able to advise what might have happened for this to have stopped working all of a sudden please?

not without logs, nope, do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

I was running smoothly for about 5 days and today it stopped working again! I ended up re-downloaded the config files from PIA; this time I had to edit the ovpn file as per Q22 above. Back online now; let's see for how long this time. PIA must be making frequent updates to their files or something.

Edited by David2376

just fyi. I was onto live chat with PIA about this issue... just to get an idea if its something they are working on. This was the response i got...

Cipher handling for the data channel cipher has been significantly changed between OpenVPN 2.3/2.4 and v2.5, most notably there are no “default cipher BF-CBC” anymore because it is no longer considered a reasonable default

BF-CBC is still available, but it needs to be explicitly configured now.

Im guessing this is clearly something they need to configure and have not done so properly.... And this was just the fobbed off response?

I did the Q22 fix, but and it helped for a few days, but today all stopped again. Re-downloading and re-applying Q22 did not help in my case :(

I tried using DE Berlin and DE Frankfurt.

Even though I get the error from down below, internet does start working, and I am behind the VPN (based on IP) but it is very very slow (think gprs). It is so slow that I cannot even run a speed test. I guess that is because of port forwarding problem?

The error I get

2020-11-09 23:37:32 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-256-gcm' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-256-gcm' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-256-gcm' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-256-gcm' to silence this warning.
2020-11-09 23:37:32 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
(this warning I get from time to time)

The file DE Frankfurt.ovpn

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote de-frankfurt.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher aes-256-gcm
ncp-disable
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass
compress
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
<crl-verify>
-----BEGIN X509 CRL-----

Edited by dakipro

I went in and edited my wiregaurd/wg0.conf to add more endpoints like you described doing for the openvpn config.

ex: question 20 from your FAQ https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

A20 Yes, all the Docker Images i produce do support multiple endpoints, this is achieved by editing the OpenVPN configuration file located in /config/openvpn/ and adding in additional 'remote' lines, an example is shown below:-

remote al.privacy.network 1198

remote ad.privacy.network 1198

remote austria.privacy.network 1198

So for the wg0.conf file the Endpoint = nl-amsterdam.privacy.network:1337 would I add it like this

Endpoint = nl-amsterdam.privacy.network:1337,us-texas.privacy.network:1337,us-denver.privacy.network:1337

My container connected because the first one on the list (amsterdam) works but if it was not working would it move on to the next Endpoint?? 

Or would the code be different?

Hey all.

Been a while since I have been on the forums, for either help or giving support, and have now ran into a weird problem.

As several before have stated, some issues with PIA when using ovpn lately.

I have always been a fan of Wireguard since they started coming into unraid support, and figured rather than troubleshooting more, I would swap my dockers from ovpn to wireguard.

Followed the quick guide from @binhex as usual, no troubles and they started as they should.

Now a few days later I notice that my sab is having issues reaching the same speeds as before. Tested this trough 3 different servers from PIA and ofc tested without vpn and on other applications. Only issue is with PIA vpn trough Wireguard. All other tests gives me full speed.

Is there some limitation I am not aware of there? Can't see that there is any info about this anywhere, or I might have overlooked it :)

Most of the time I average somewhat around 25-35MB/s instead of my normal 50+, sometimes it creeps up and gives me the normal 50, but not often, no logs posted as I doubt this is my server that is the issue?, but please correct me if not hehe :D

I generate an .ovpn from PIA and placed in openvpn folder. When I start the container I get this error "VPN configuration file '/config/openvpn/current-ca-aes-128-cbc-udp-dns.ovpn' 'remote' line is referencing PIA legacy network which is now shutdown, see Q19. from the following link on how to switch to PIA"

I tried with another location, but I get the same error.

43 minutes ago, Moka said:

I generate an .ovpn from PIA and placed in openvpn folder. When I start the container I get this error "VPN configuration file '/config/openvpn/current-ca-aes-128-cbc-udp-dns.ovpn' 'remote' line is referencing PIA legacy network which is now shutdown, see Q19. from the following link on how to switch to PIA"

I tried with another location, but I get the same error.

It references the error you get in the code, just go to @binhex FAQ and do as stated, should hopefully sove your problem.

Some locations are still a bit buggy when it comes to new settings, so you might have to try a few vpn locations.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Ref Q19 and Q22