[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

14 hours ago, thunderclap said:

Log attached. I did remo

Log attached. I did remove my VPN login info from the file.

supervisord.log 44 kB · 2 downloads

from your log:-

2021-01-19 12:48:49,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-01-19 12:48:49 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2021-01-19 12:48:49,150 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-01-19 12:48:49 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

see Q17 here:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

5 hours ago, binhex said:

from your log:-

2021-01-19 12:48:49,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-01-19 12:48:49 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2021-01-19 12:48:49,150 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-01-19 12:48:49 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

see Q17 here:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thanks. That's really weird since I have the exact same configuration for your DelugeVPN docker and it works fine. I guess I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can get it working securely again.

Just now, thunderclap said:

Thanks. That's really weird since I have the exact same configuration for your DelugeVPN docker and it works fine. I guess I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can get it working securely again.

check the ovpn file, i bet its out of date, thats the usual culprit.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sonarr is finding episodes and sending them to sab, with the little notification "send to sab" and the little cloud download icon, but sab is not getting the request (or if it is, its not showing up on the download page).  Some shows are working just fine, others seem not to be at all.

Nothing has changed, configuration-wise, in years.

Any ideas where to start?

1 hour ago, Agamemnon said:

My question now is what would be better, use the qbittorrentvpn Docker or use Privoxy on the sabnzbdvpn Docker and route the traffic through there?

AFAIK, privoxy is web only, so if you want to route torrent traffic through the vpn you will need to either follow the directions to send the whole container through by using the vpn container as the network for the torrent container, or set up the torrent client with its own vpn login.

spaceinvader one has a video on youtube about sending one container through another for exactly what you are talking about.

42 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

spaceinvader one has a video on youtube about sending one container through another for exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Would this method be in any way better than just using the qbittorrentvpn Docker with its own vpn connection?

Hi, 

I thought I would post here as my issue seems to be Sabnzbdvpn specific. 

I am utilising Wireguard to access my UNRAID remotely and can fire up all dockers and use them as if I was local, except for Sabnzbdvpn, it just times out. 

Sabnzbdvpn is configured the same as the other Binhex containers in that it uses a custom network so they can all talk to one another, and I'm able to access them the same as any other container, except for Sabnzbdvpn. 

I'm sure this is a simple error on my behalf, but if anyone can advise, it will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Screenshot_20210210-082845_Bromite.thumb.jpg.299e2982ab543c981f73ca7b0bc705ed.jpg

20 hours ago, LoneTraveler said:

Hi, 

I thought I would post here as my issue seems to be Sabnzbdvpn specific. 

I am utilising Wireguard to access my UNRAID remotely and can fire up all dockers and use them as if I was local, except for Sabnzbdvpn, it just times out. 

Sabnzbdvpn is configured the same as the other Binhex containers in that it uses a custom network so they can all talk to one another, and I'm able to access them the same as any other container, except for Sabnzbdvpn. 

I'm sure this is a simple error on my behalf, but if anyone can advise, it will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Screenshot_20210210-082845_Bromite.thumb.jpg.299e2982ab543c981f73ca7b0bc705ed.jpg

I'm actually fighting with the same problem, I just set up wireguard and can access any container not under a binhex-VPN enabled container. There is a FAQ to address this here under Q2: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

My issue is that I did add that script to my go file and also enable it immediately with /sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle , but I still cant access the containers. 

Is there any way to debug and see if the connection attempt is happening and where it is failing? :(

On 2/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, LoneTraveler said:

most probably you need to add your wireguard network to the LAN_NETWORK env var for sabnzbdvpn, otherwise it will be blocked when you are on the vpn, if you want more than one network then use a comma to seperate the values.

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, binhex said:

most probably you need to add your wireguard network to the LAN_NETWORK env var for sabnzbdvpn, otherwise it will be blocked when you are on the vpn, if you want more than one network then use a comma to seperate the values.

Worked first go, many thanks as always. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to set this up for the first time, but can't seem to get it going with the VPN enabled. I have your DelugeVPN one running just fine now with it (knocks on wood), but can't get this one going. I copied the openvpn files over from the Deluge folder that's working fine there. Anything I should check? I'm still def a novice user with Unraid haha.

Update: Switched around the STRICT_PORT_FORWARD, ENABLE_PRIVOXY yes/no settings but don't think that did it. What did was changing my LAN_NETWORK setting to match my router, that seemed to do the trick. Now to set it up and hopefully get it going with Sonarr/Radarr. Wish me luck!

Edited by yanksno1
16 hours ago, binhex said:

IMPORTANT:- As part of the tightening up if you run multiple containers through a single vpn container then please ensure you define all web ui ports (if more than 1 port then use comma to separate) for all routed containers in 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' env var for the vpn container.

Came here exactly to ask about what I broke, and you already called out what I need to do. Back in business!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, binhex said:

There has been an issue raised on GitHub related to tracker announce request IP leakage under certain circumstances, after careful review of iptables i have tightened up the rules to prevent this. A new image has now been rolled out for all vpn enabled docker images (25th Feb 2021) i produce with the fix in place, i would encourage everyone to update to the recently created 'latest' tagged image.

You can force the upgrade by toggling 'basic view' to 'advanced view' and then clicking on 'force update' link for each container, or by clicking on the 'check for updates' button at the bottom and then click on 'update all'.

for transparency, here is the link to the (now closed off) issue:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/80

IMPORTANT:- As part of the tightening up if you run multiple containers through a single vpn container then please ensure you define all web ui ports (if more than 1 port then use comma to separate) for all routed containers in 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' env var for the vpn container.

Container was updated today..

I started to have issues with Radarr and Sonarr tonight with them saying they can't connect to SAB I have them using proxy with the port 8118... I'm not sure what steps I should take to resolved... I added Radarr and Sonarr ports 7878 and 8989 to the ADDITIONAL_PORTS but that did not change resolve the issue. If I point a windows machine to use Proxy via the UNRAID server IP:8118 I can get to the internet and it IS the VPN ip.... Only seems to be an issue with Radarr and Sonarr.. VPN Provider is PIA...

is the the area to make changes??

1748921990_containervaradditionalports.PNG.0c76a67f6a584a92a684df0b101a535c.PNG

3 hours ago, CarlP said:

Container was updated today..

I started to have issues with Radarr and Sonarr tonight with them saying they can't connect to SAB I have them using proxy with the port 8118... I'm not sure what steps I should take to resolved... I added Radarr and Sonarr ports 7878 and 8989 to the ADDITIONAL_PORTS but that did not change resolve the issue. If I point a windows machine to use Proxy via the UNRAID server IP:8118 I can get to the internet and it IS the VPN ip.... Only seems to be an issue with Radarr and Sonarr.. VPN Provider is PIA...

is the the area to make changes??

1748921990_containervaradditionalports.PNG.0c76a67f6a584a92a684df0b101a535c.PNG

see recommended post at the top, see the Note

1 hour ago, binhex said:

see recommended post at the top, see the Note

So what do we change to get Sonarr and Radarr to work via Privoxy if it's not the ADDITIONAL_PORTS var?

EDIT: I got Sonarr and Radarr to work again by going to (in Sonarr and Radarr) Settings > Config > General > Proxy and adding my server's IP in "Ignore addresses" ("Bypass proxy for local addresses" was already checked, and I left it so).

Additionally, in SABnzbd, if you have under General > Security a "List of local network ranges" defined, be sure to add the ranges for your Sonarr and Radarr Dockers, as well as your LAN IP range (or just leave it blank). Frustratingly, if you add it as CIDR notation, you will be locked out of the UI, so add it in the following format:

(the second range covers both my Sonarr and Radarr Dockers)

Edited by jademonkee
Added extra info to the solution
1 hour ago, jademonkee said:

EDIT: I got Sonarr and Radarr to work again by going to (in Sonarr and Radarr) Settings > Config > General > Proxy and adding my server's IP in "Ignore addresses" ("Bypass proxy for local addresses" was already checked, and I left it so).

thanks for sharing this, still at a loss as to why you needed to add your server to the ignore addresses field for sonarr and radarr, i cannot replicate the issue as of now.

1 hour ago, jademonkee said:

So what do we change to get Sonarr and Radarr to work via Privoxy if it's not the ADDITIONAL_PORTS var?

Additionally, in SABnzbd, if you have under General > Security a "List of local network ranges" defined, be sure to add the ranges for your Sonarr and Radarr Dockers, as well as your LAN IP range (or just leave it blank). Frustratingly, if you add it as CIDR notation, you will be locked out of the UI, so add it in the following format:

(the second range covers both my Sonarr and Radarr Dockers)

This worked for me.... BUT doesn't this BYPASS the 2 apps from using the VPN connection?

2 hours ago, binhex said:

thanks for sharing this, still at a loss as to why you needed to add your server to the ignore addresses field for sonarr and radarr, i cannot replicate the issue as of now.

I also had this problem as of a few hours ago. Ignoring the address did help with sonarr, but not radarr. I am sure this is not what is supposed to be done to get it to work because it was working fine 24hrs ago. It leaves me a little uneasy having to use the "ignore addresses" workaround.