[info] 9 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2018-09-13 09:25:50,773 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0

[info] 8 retries left

in addition i also get the timeouts from the usenet servers. Using Newshosting/usenet.farm and PIA

6 hours ago, DjShugaA said:

Hi

I am also getting errors suddenly

error log shows this

2018-09-13 09:25:11,249 DEBG 'sabnzbd-script' stdout output:
[info] SABnzbd started

2018-09-13 09:25:20,648 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2018-09-13 09:25:30,690 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2018-09-13 09:25:30,691 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2018-09-13 09:25:40,732 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

[info] 8 retries left

in addition i also get the timeouts from the usenet servers. Using Newshosting/usenet.farm and PIA

please do the following:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

16 hours ago, madpuma13 said:

Hello, 

Trying to setup sabnzbdvpn on synology. I seem to be stuck and can not access the webui within local network if enabled. Works fine is disabled. Ive seen this brought up on the delugevpn thread a couple times and there was talk of fixing it but then the people reporting the issue seem to have dropped off. 

Any assistance would be appreciated!

pertinent debug info:

2018-09-12 20:49:38.466033 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,209.222.18.218'

2018-09-12 20:49:39,795 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
random.c:102: fatal error: RUNTIME_CHECK(ret >= 0) failed

2018-09-12 20:49:39,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[crit] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com cannot be resolved, possible DNS issues

yes synology has issues with the docker image, for some reason synology boxes seem unable to execute dig command, its on my list to look at but obviously isnt going to be easy as i dont have a synology box.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having trouble getting binhex-sabnzbdvpn to work in UNRAID v6.6.0....  I have setup my vpn

account with PIA and know it to be working...  When I try to open the docker with the vpn option enabled,

it refuses to connect (unable to open the WebUI), however when I disable the vpn, it connects fine... I had

this all working in the previous release of UNRAID, but with this release candidate, I can't get the docker to

work when I try to enable the vpn connection.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, and would rather not revert

to the previous version of UNRAID, as I like this new version.

Image 1 shows the docker page.

Image 2 shows binhexx-sabnzbdvpn settings.

Image 3 shows the error when i try open the WebUI with the "VPN_ENABLED" set to yes.

Docker VPN 01.jpg

Docker VPN 03.jpg

Docker VPN 04.jpg

rg-server-diagnostics-20180922-0641b.zip

Edited by RGauld
14 hours ago, RGauld said:

I seem to be having trouble getting binhex-sabnzbdvpn to work in UNRAID v6.6.0....  I have setup my vpn

account with PIA and know it to be working...  When I try to open the docker with the vpn option enabled,

it refuses to connect (unable to open the WebUI), however when I disable the vpn, it connects fine... I had

this all working in the previous release of UNRAID, but with this release candidate, I can't get the docker to

work when I try to enable the vpn connection.  I'm not sure how I can fix this, and would rather not revert

to the previous version of UNRAID, as I like this new version.

Image 1 shows the docker page.

Image 2 shows binhexx-sabnzbdvpn settings.

Image 3 shows the error when i try open the WebUI with the "VPN_ENABLED" set to yes.

Docker VPN 01.jpg

Docker VPN 03.jpg

Docker VPN 04.jpg

rg-server-diagnostics-20180922-0641b.zip

please follow the procedure in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, binhex said:

In that case im currently unable to reproduce the problem, details as follows:-

Usenet provider:- Extreme Usenet (http://www.extremeusenet.nl/en/)

VPN provider:- PIA (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/)

VPN endpoint:- CA Vancouver (ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com port 1198 protocol UDP)

SABnzbdVPN:- Latest Docker release, currently this is SABnzbd v2.3.5

I have successfully downloaded a 17GB rar'd nzb with no issues, no errors were shown in the /config/logs/sabnzbd.error.log file and it unpacked fine, downloads speeds also seemed very acceptable, being close to maxing my line out.

So i guess it could be any/all of the following at play:-

- ISP throttling of VPN traffic - i have seen and heard of this, i know ISP Virgin in the UK does this.

- Usenet provider - As mentioned previously the provider maybe incorrectly identifying multiple connections from the same IP (due to VPN) as being from the same client, thus the too many connections.

- VPN provider - Possible connectivity issues will of course cause a drop in the vpn tunnel and thus all connections to the usenet provider, a quick re connection (which will happen as ive coded it to re-establish tunnel if it drops) could then result in existing connections still being present and thus the issue regards too many connections until they drop.

disclaimer - all of the above are maybe's, i currently have no proof of any of the above causing the issue.

I was having this issue. I noticed I had Strict Port Forward on and once I turned it off everything started working great again.

On 1/21/2016 at 4:04 PM, binhex said:

IMPORTANT - Existing users read

Hi all, i have made some changes to SABnzbdVPN (3rd Feb 2016) which will mean if you pull down the latest image you will now need to alter the name environment variable "LAN_RANGE" to "LAN_NETWORK", you will also now need to define this as <lan network>/<cidr notation>

Example CIDR notation below:-

subnet mask 255.255.255.0  = CIDR /24
subnet mask 255.255.0.0 = CIDR /16
subnet mask 255.0.0 = CIDR 8

So the env var in the unRAID webui Docker section would end up looking like this:-

Variable Name: Variable Value:
LAN_NETWORK    192.168.1.0/24

For other configurations please calculate the CIDR using this online calculator http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php

So you might be asking why ive made this change, the reason is that this vastly simplifies the iptables configuration, it also gets around the limitation that the linux kernel has to have iptable_mangle module loaded, which is not a default.

So I just wanted to update anyone that is having the same issue as I just did.

I've been confused for a long while as to why I could never seem to connect to this SAB container when I was connected over VPN.  Turns out that I had a VPN server set through pfSense which gave me a tunnel network which was a different subnet.  That of course pooched me when trying to connect to this SAB through my VPN as I had followed SpaceInvaderOne's video guide to set this up which included putting the lan network to my local one of 172.16.100.0/24.

So if you're in the same bucket, I used the CIDR calculator noted above for my 172.16.100.0/24 network and now I'm connecting happily  after setting my lan network to 128.0.0.0/1.

EDIT - so this didn't work for me in the end. I didn't notice it very quickly, but the container didn't like my different LAN NETWORK address and eventually the container timed out.  So I decided to try putting the second subnet that my VPN uses in there along with the local network that I'm on.  Turns out that having the variable as "172.16.100.0/24, 172.16.50.0/24" seems to work at this moment.  No time out on the container and I can access it from both local network and VPN.  

If I did that wrong, someone please correct me, but it seems to work so far.

Thanks again @binhex

Edited by noja
updated solution
13 hours ago, pappaq said:

I've got the exact same issue! Maybe you could have a look at my attached log file and help me out!

cheers

supervisord.log

your ovpn file has two illegal options specified which is preventing openvpn from starting, open the ovpn file and remove the following lines, save and restart container:-

service mullvadopenvpn
block-outside-dns

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
On 10/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, binhex said:

your ovpn file has two illegal options specified which is preventing openvpn from starting, open the ovpn file and remove the following lines, save and restart container:-

service mullvadopenvpn
block-outside-dns

Thank you! Works perfectly!

I just switched from PIA (where everything was working) to AirVPN (where it isn't), so being somewhat paranoid about cleaning up my installation, I deleted and went completely fresh. However, although the container starts, it appears as though DNS isn't resolving somehow. I've attached my supervisord.log file.

Any thoughts?

supervisord.log

On 10/25/2018 at 7:52 PM, ridge said:

I just switched from PIA (where everything was working) to AirVPN (where it isn't), so being somewhat paranoid about cleaning up my installation, I deleted and went completely fresh. However, although the container starts, it appears as though DNS isn't resolving somehow. I've attached my supervisord.log file.

Any thoughts?

supervisord.log

hmm i can see airvpn pushing their own dns via openvpn options, im assuming this will probably override any defined options via NAME_SERVERS so if they were having issues with their name server this might result in failure to resolve anything, is it still happening now?.

I’m on vacation right now and not really able to do much in the way of checking till I get home in 10 days time. I’ll follow up when I’m back and let you know, but I will say this was an ongoing problem for days on end following my switchover to AirVPN (and not just a one-time thing).

43 minutes ago, ridge said:

I’m on vacation right now and not really able to do much in the way of checking till I get home in 10 days time. I’ll follow up when I’m back and let you know, but I will say this was an ongoing problem for days on end following my switchover to AirVPN (and not just a one-time thing).

ok cool, hope you have a good hol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello binhex, thanks for the great docker containers!

I'm trying to migrate from sabnzbd to sabnzbdvpn and having some issues.

sonarr + sabnzbd downloads and imports to my media folder correctly.

sonarr + sabnzbdvpn downloads the file but does not import to my media folder.

I see the download file from either container ends up in the same place with the same permissions.

Both sabnzbd and sabnzbdvpn containers are pointed to the same directories.

docker.thumb.png.6475e5d93db3d0625c29dde2f6784d3c.png

I do not see any obvious errors in the supervisord logs and Sonarr does not complain about failed connections.

binhex-sabnzbdvpn_supervisord.log

binhex-sabnzbd_supervisord.log

binhex-sonarr_supervisord.log

My testing was with Sonarr, but this same behavior is happening with Radarr and Ladarr.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by jenga201
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, AngelEyes said:

Hi,

I am trying to get sabnzbvpn working on a friends server but can't get the webui to load once VPN is ENABLED.

I am using PIA and copied the files to the /config/openvpn folder but still no joy. I's probably something obvious, I hope you can help, thank you    😊

supervisord.log

i would suspect you aren't running the container as "privileged", not sure why you've changed that (its set to run as priv by default), but this docker container MUST run elevated.