[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

On 2017-5-19 at 0:11 PM, huladaddy said:

I can no longer bring up the WebUI! I get this in the log over and over:

2017-05-19 19:09:14,282 DEBG 'sabnzbd-script' stdout output:
[info] SABnzbd not running
[info] Attempting to start SABnzbd...

2017-05-19 19:09:15,128 DEBG 'sabnzbd-script' stdout output:
[info] SABnzbd started

So when I launch the WebUI, I get the login screen, and after I input my credentials, I get:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.201 refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

recently I've noticed this error showing up in the web interface after restarting the docker.  As far as I can tell, everything continues to download just fine and sonarr/couchpotato still work with it just fine.  

[26/May/2017:09:47:08] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.tick
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2024, in start
    self.tick()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2091, in tick
    s, ssl_env = self.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 67, in wrap
    server_side=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 363, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 611, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 840, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
error: [Errno 0] Error

1 hour ago, mattekure said:

recently I've noticed this error showing up in the web interface after restarting the docker.  As far as I can tell, everything continues to download just fine and sonarr/couchpotato still work with it just fine.  

[26/May/2017:09:47:08] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.tick
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2024, in start
    self.tick()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2091, in tick
    s, ssl_env = self.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 67, in wrap
    server_side=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 363, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 611, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 840, in do_handshake
error: [Errno 0] Error

link in my sig to FAQ

19 hours ago, Greygoose said:

SabVPN has stopped working since i upgraded my cache.

it works when i turn VPN to NO...  but the settings are the same as before :/

supervisord.log

do the following:-

1. Delete any existing supervisord.log file located in /config/

2. Stop the container and delete it (or if you're an unraid user skip this step).

3. Set the env var key "DEBUG" to a value of "true".

4. Create and start the container and wait 5 mins for it to completely finish initialising.

5. Post the ENTIRE /config/supervisord.log file in the correct support thread for the container you're running.

IMPORTANT - Make sure to remove any reference to your username and password from the supervisord.log BEFORE posting it.

Hi guys, so an important change is coming to this VPN docker image (and others in time - staggered change), in short i will be dropping the ability to configure the remote endpoint, tunnel device type, port, protocol and strong certs, instead the image will parse the ovpn file and use the values from the ovpn file.

Why am i doing this change?

1. less for the user to get wrong - if there are less env variables then hopefully there will be less chance of misconfiguration, im still seeing a fair bit of this happening.

2. less chance of mismatched configuration for endpoints - for certain vpn providers they require different ovpn options depending on the endpoint your connecting to, this will reduce this happening by forcing the user to download the correct ovpn file from the provider.

3. changes to port and/or certs wont break the image - currently i bake in the PIA ovpn file and cert, whilst this is convenient for the end user it also means any changes to either of these files breaks the image, thus a decision to push the responsibility of this back to the user is another reason to drop env vars.

4. No re-creation of Docker container - whilst this isnt a hassle for unraid users as we have a web ui (dynamix) to do this for us, for other users this is a big hassle, being able to switch endpoint by simply dropping in a new ovpn file is actually more convenient.

It does of course come with a couple of disadvantages:-

1. possible breakage during the switch over - im testing this right now and will be trying my hardest to not break any existing configuration, the aim of this is for you not to really notice the change, until of course you attempt to use the env vars to change your endpoint and discover it no longer does anything :-) (see below)

2. switching endpoint for PIA users is slightly more tricky - so when wanting to switch endpoint for PIA a end user would have to download the ovpn file for the endpoint they want to connect to, as opposed to just modifying the env var, which in some cases maybe taken as a disadvantage (slower, maybe?), but it would be relatively easy to keep a library of ovpn files and just drop in what you want to use or even edit the existing file, so its not too onerous.

So what do YOU have to do? - in short nothing, i have code in the latest release that ive just built that will sync up your env vars to the ovpn file, so when the final change occurs you shouldn't notice any changes, it should still connect to the same endpoint with the same port and protocol, After the date below if you wish to switch endpoint you will need to drop in the correct ovpn file (or edit it) to point at the endpoint you want to switch to, if you switch provider then you will need to download the ovpn file and all referenced certs, keys, etc.

So when is this happening? - the final switch over to using ovpn file only will be around the middle of June 2017, im leaving a gap to ensure all existing users have their env vars written to the ovpn file (will happen on start/restart of the docker after image update).

29 minutes ago, binhex said:

Hi guys, so an important change is coming to this VPN docker image (and others in time - staggered change), in short i will be dropping the ability to configure the remote endpoint, tunnel device type, port, protocol and strong certs, instead the image will parse the ovpn file and use the values from the ovpn file.

Why am i doing this change?

1. less for the user to get wrong - if there are less env variables then hopefully there will be less chance of misconfiguration, im still seeing a fair bit of this happening.

2. less chance of mismatched configuration for endpoints - for certain vpn providers they require different ovpn options depending on the endpoint your connecting to, this will reduce this happening by forcing the user to download the correct ovpn file from the provider.

3. changes to port and/or certs wont break the image - currently i bake in the PIA ovpn file and cert, whilst this is convenient for the end user it also means any changes to either of these files breaks the image, thus a decision to push the responsibility of this back to the user is another reason to drop env vars.

4. No re-creation of Docker container - whilst this isnt a hassle for unraid users as we have a web ui (dynamix) to do this for us, for other users this is a big hassle, being able to switch endpoint by simply dropping in a new ovpn file is actually more convenient.

It does of course come with a couple of disadvantages:-

1. possible breakage during the switch over - im testing this right now and will be trying my hardest to not break any existing configuration, the aim of this is for you not to really notice the change, until of course you attempt to use the env vars to change your endpoint and discover it no longer does anything :-) (see below)

2. switching endpoint for PIA users is slightly more tricky - so when wanting to switch endpoint for PIA a end user would have to download the ovpn file for the endpoint they want to connect to, as opposed to just modifying the env var, which in some cases maybe taken as a disadvantage (slower, maybe?), but it would be relatively easy to keep a library of ovpn files and just drop in what you want to use or even edit the existing file, so its not too onerous.

So what do YOU have to do? - in short nothing, i have code in the latest release that ive just built that will sync up your env vars to the ovpn file, so when the final change occurs you shouldn't notice any changes, it should still connect to the same endpoint with the same port and protocol, After the date below if you wish to switch endpoint you will need to drop in the correct ovpn file (or edit it) to point at the endpoint you want to switch to, if you switch provider then you will need to download the ovpn file and all referenced certs, keys, etc.

So when is this happening? - the final switch over to using ovpn file only will be around the middle of June 2017, im leaving a gap to ensure all existing users have their env vars written to the ovpn file (will happen on start/restart of the docker after image update).

Sounds great, less for plonkers like me to setup incorrectly. Altho I don't see much for me to get wrong now that you have helped me with most of the possibilities. :)

On 2017-5-25 at 11:10 PM, huladaddy said:

So when I launch the WebUI, I get the login screen, and after I input my credentials, I get:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.201 refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Is there a reason I am not getting any help? Can I ask my question in a different way? Is it a stupid question? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, huladaddy said:

Is there a reason I am not getting any help? Can I ask my question in a different way? Is it a stupid question? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The answer is:

Delete the following files:

/mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbdvpn/admin/server.cert
/mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbdvpn/admin/server.key

11 hours ago, huladaddy said:

Glad you got your problem sorted, in future please post logs, posting only a screenshot of a 404 is not going to give anybody a clue, this could be caused my a multitude of issues, onlythe log would tell you what the actual issue is (my signature help link).

Anyone seeing issues with the latest pull?  I updated from a package than included 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 and am getting:

06/02/2017 11:09 [02/Jun/2017:11:09:56] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.tick
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2024, in start
    self.tick()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2091, in tick
    s, ssl_env = self.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 67, in wrap
    server_side=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 363, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 611, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 840, in do_handshake
error: [Errno 0] Error

On 2017-6-1 at 1:35 AM, binhex said:

Glad you got your problem sorted, in future please post logs, posting only a screenshot of a 404 is not going to give anybody a clue, this could be caused my a multitude of issues, onlythe log would tell you what the actual issue is (my signature help link).

I actually did post a snippet from the log I thought was relevant a page back, but it's all good now. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
2017-06-24 02:28:15,864 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/sample-show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.par2
2017-06-24 02:28:15,862 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/sample-show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.mkv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,861 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.srr
2017-06-24 02:28:15,860 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.sfv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,859 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.nfo
2017-06-24 02:28:15,859 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.mkv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,857 ERROR:

Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE

Just started happening tonight out of nowhere.  All shows download, none are written to their respective folders, and the error log for SAB fills with this.

21 hours ago, tucansam said:
2017-06-24 02:28:15,864 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/sample-show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.par2
2017-06-24 02:28:15,862 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/sample-show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.mkv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,861 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.srr
2017-06-24 02:28:15,860 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.sfv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,859 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.nfo
2017-06-24 02:28:15,859 ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE/show.s01e01.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.mkv
2017-06-24 02:28:15,857 ERROR:

Cannot change permissions of /mnt/tv_shows/show/_UNPACK_show S01E01 1080p WEBRip x264-STRiFE

Just started happening tonight out of nowhere.  All shows download, none are written to their respective folders, and the error log for SAB fills with this.

Trying not to state the bleeding obvious here, but it looks like its permissions related, im a bit surprised to see /mnt/ in the path, what do your volume mappings look like for this docker container?.

Thanks for the reply.  What I can't figure out is what the permissions on the folders and files SHOULD be, and how they got changed.  

/mnt/tv_shows is the container path that maps to /mnt/disks/192.168.0.4/tv_shows (mounted via SMB using unassigned devices from another unraid server)

Right now the docker is running at "99/100" aka "nobody/users" because I had used chown and chmod to change the entire tree to nobody:users with 777 permissions in an attempt to fix.  Prior to that, the docker was running as my 1000/100 aka my username/users.  Permissions were 777 but some folders were owned by my username and some were owned my "plex" user (no idea how that happened but everything was working at the time.

1 hour ago, tucansam said:

What I can't figure out is what the permissions on the folders and files SHOULD be

That will depend on the application and the umask that has been set, but you should start off with a chmod of 775 for the user and group you want, then ensure the application runs as that UID and GID and that should be it. 

I can't answer why the permissions got changed to user plex, that is (of course) not something i have coded in, it must be PEBKAC im afraid :-).

So, right now after the chmod and switch to user nobody, group users you are now running, or not?