binhex

[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

803 posts in this topic Last Reply

First of all, let me say thanks for everything you've done for the Unraid community!  Absolutely love your products! 

I'm a newbie, so take it easy on me :)

1. Is there a way to test the vpn connection, to make sure it is indeed working correctly?  I have Sonarr, Lidarr, and Radarr proxy'd through this app, and want to cover my bases. 

2. What about a vpn kill switch in case the connection drops?

3 hours ago, columbuscoltsfan said:

First of all, let me say thanks for everything you've done for the Unraid community!  Absolutely love your products! 

1. Is there a way to test the vpn connection, to make sure it is indeed working correctly?  I have Sonarr, Lidarr, and Radarr proxy'd through this app, and want to cover my bases. 

Have a read here, and see if it answers your questions.

Hi,

I tried to create the docker, but get the next errors in the log (part of log):

chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/tools': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                  
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/__init__.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                       
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/apireg.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                         
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/mailslot.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                       
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                   
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/x-nzb.xml': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                              
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                        
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnextip.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                         
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnip.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                            
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnport.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                          
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/privoxy.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                             
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/sabnzbd.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                             
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody': Operation not permitted  

I think the problem is the sabnzbd directory is not created: sabnzbd not installed in in the docker.

I used

-e UMASK=000 \
    -e PUID=0 \
    -e PGID=0 \

I created a user 'nobody' with admin right to test if this would work.

I thought Sabnzbd would be in the image installed.

Anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

For the life of me i cant figure this out... When i install this docker it installs the download directory to where the /config which is in the appdata folder... this would be acceptable if i could get the files to move afterwards to the proper folder with sonarr

Set the downloads dir like this:

/downloads <-> /mnt/user/<some>/<folder>/

Then in sonarr set the same.

30 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Set the downloads dir like this:

Then in sonarr set the same.

That's in the docker setup. After you do that, you need to go into SAB and set the download location to /downloads, assuming you set the docker container path there. You can set categories to /downloads/tv or whatever, as long as the base is /downloads.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:20 AM, columbuscoltsfan said:

On 6/13/2018 at 6:53 AM, jonathanm said:

Have a read here, and see if it answers your questions.

I have similar concerns as well. I read over the FAQ and it didn't seem to mention any way to confirm the other containers were being routed through Privoxy.

I set my containers up as shown in @gridrunner's guide here - "How to use Privoxy with VPN for Ultimate Privacy when using Media Collection Apps"

I SSH'd into the UnRaid server and opened a bash shell in the docker container for SABNZBD and ran "curl icanhazip.com". This returned the VPN issued IP. Doing the same thing for any of the other containers with proxies pointing to Privoxy shows the ISP issued IP. The website, http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ also seems to see that I'm picking up files that should be behind the VPN/Privoxy.

To clarify, the VPN linked to SABnzbdVPN appears to be working just fine, but applications like Sonarr, Radarr, and Deluge seem to be ignoring their proxy settings. I have no issues connecting to their WebGUIs.

I'm not sure what log files should be posted to help out with this.

Edited by Aranethon

In sab,  click on the spanner icon. Your ip address is shown on the popup. If it's the same as your ip in your Internet browser, sab's not using the vpn.

Privoxy doesn't request via vpn. It uses ssl to the proxy web service.

Edited by jj_uk

12 hours ago, Aranethon said:

I have similar concerns as well. I read over the FAQ and it didn't seem to mention any way to confirm the other containers were being routed through Privoxy.

I set my containers up as shown in @gridrunner's guide here - "How to use Privoxy with VPN for Ultimate Privacy when using Media Collection Apps"

I SSH'd into the UnRaid server and opened a bash shell in the docker container for SABNZBD and ran "curl icanhazip.com". This returned the VPN issued IP. Doing the same thing for any of the other containers with proxies pointing to Privoxy shows the ISP issued IP. The website, http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ also seems to see that I'm picking up files that should be behind the VPN/Privoxy.

To clarify, the VPN linked to SABnzbdVPN appears to be working just fine, but applications like Sonarr, Radarr, and Deluge seem to be ignoring their proxy settings. I have no issues connecting to their WebGUIs.

I'm not sure what log files should be posted to help out with this.

Hi @AranethonIf you want to download torrents then use delugevpn. Trying to use proxy via privoxy through the sabvpn will not work for deluge as far as i know but @binhex will know for sure.

Using the privoxy for use with  sonarr  and the other 'arrs' will work fine. 

If you access the container for sonarr etc and run "curl icanhazip.com" it will not return the vpn ip. This is expected. This is because you are running this from the base image and not from within the app itself (sonarr , radarr). These are configured to use proxy within the app itself and not the container.

To check all is working then enable the proxy in sonarr point to sabvpn/deluge and do a manual search. You will find results. Shut down the sabvpn/delugevpn whichever you are using then try a search again. Nothing will show.

3 hours ago, gridrunner said:

Trying to use proxy via privoxy through the sabvpn will not work for deluge as far as i know but @binhex will know for sure.

deluge does not behave well with proxy servers, if the proxy drops for ny reason (such as in your case a reboot of sabnzbdvpn) then deluge will switch to ignoring the proxy and will leak ip information, thus the only truly safe way of torrenting is to use a vpn tunnel, so use either delugepn or rtorrentvpn, as mentioned above by gridrunner other metadata downloaders such as sonarr/radarr etc are perfectly fine to use a proxy.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

deluge does not behave well with proxy servers, if the proxy drops for ny reason (such as in your case a reboot of sabnzbdvpn) then deluge will switch to ignoring the proxy and will leak ip information, thus the only truly safe way of torrenting is to use a vpn tunnel, so use either delugepn or rtorrentvpn, as mentioned above by gridrunner other metadata downloaders such as sonarr/radarr etc are perfectly fine to use a proxy.

So it should work the way I would like it to if I switched the VPN to the Deluge container and used a proxy from SAB. I'll give it a try.

The reason I have it like this is that my VPN allows only 1 connection currently, so I need to find a way to get it working through one of the VPN dockers.

Thank you for your time and help!

So when ever i install i set the "Host Path 2:" ( Container Path: /data ) to /mnt/user/Downloads/ 

and then "AppData Config Path:" ( Container Path: /config ) to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbdvpn

When i do so, it sets the downloads directory to the appdata dir. instead of the downloads dir. when in the SABNZB folder config it will not show me the dir tree with the Downloads Share.

2018-07-08 18_37_04-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png

2018-07-08 18_37_29-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png

2018-07-08 18_37_47-binhex-sabnzbdvpn.png

Don't get me wrong.. I understand what y'all are saying but somewhere there is a disconnect because it's not moving or renaming the files after download... When I had it setup on my windows machine I didn't have an issue with it

20 minutes ago, RSQtech said:

when in the SABNZB folder config it will not show me the dir tree with the Downloads Share.

So if you navigate back to root in the SABNZB folder config is there a /data folder?

On 7/8/2018 at 12:42 AM, Aranethon said:

So it should work the way I would like it to if I switched the VPN to the Deluge container and used a proxy from SAB.

according to this post on the sabnzbd forum, http proxy support for sabnzbd is 'not going to happen', this was posted in 2013 so i guess things could of changed but its unlikely that this has been implemented:-

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=14227

Edited by binhex

9 hours ago, RSQtech said:

When i do so, it sets the downloads directory to the appdata dir

i think what you are seeing is not the appdata dir (as the container is not aware of appdata), but it looks like its incorrectly configured to download to /data/appdata, which actually equates to /mnt/user/Downloads/appdata/ on the host. so in sabnzbd set the temporary downloads location to something like /data/incomplete and then in sabnzbd set completed to something like /data/completed.

this will then ensure your downloads on the host end up in /mnt/user/Downloads/incomplete/ and /mnt/user/Downloads/completed/ respectively.

9 hours ago, RSQtech said:

when in the SABNZB folder config it will not show me the dir tree with the Downloads Share.

thats because there is no 'Downloads Share' you should be pointing it at the /data volume mount, as per the screenshot showing the configuration for the container.

I actually created a share called downloads that all of my downloaders are supposed to centralize to. 

11 minutes ago, RSQtech said:

I actually created a share called downloads that all of my downloaders are supposed to centralize to. 

you may well of created a share called 'Downloads' but as far as the container is concerned (and thus the application), this does not exist, it is seen instead as folder name 'data' off the root (as in /data).

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, RSQtech said:

The mapping is /data on the container side and /mnt/user/Downloads/ on the unRAID side.  So, when working inside the container, ie  SAB settings, you use /data. When working in unRAID you use /mnt/user/Downloads/ or the Downloads share over the network. 

In SAB, you'd use something like /data/complete and  /data/incomplete for the completed and temporary download folders. Then,  in categories you can simply use a name like tv or movies with no slashes required. 

If you're using Sonarr, you MUST put the exact same container path and host path in the container settings for it.  Some containers have /data for the container path and others have /download which will not work together when the programs  exchange information over  an API like SAB and Sonarr do. 

Edited by lionelhutz

I just started with docker and have a question.

How can I set my DL folder to /mnt/disk7/UsenetDL?

I don't see it in SABnzbd > Config > Folders...

Because I am now downloading to /config/mnt/disk7/Usenet DL/{Nzb name}

And I get this error: "download_dir directory: /mnt error accessing"

Sorry but I am not experienced with docker...

Rikdegraaff, have you mapped the /mnt/disk7/UsenetDL folder in the SABnzbd docker?

106938531_2018-07-0818_37_29-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png.bb0439b342043657b1bb9e83070de3aa.png

In the example above, you would reference /data to get to the /mnt/user/Downloads folder. By mapping the folders, you don't reference the actual folder path. You can replace the Downloads folder with the path you listed (/mnt/disk7/UsenetDL)

Thank you Stanley for your reply.

I have now altered the /data path to /mnt/disk7/Usenet DL.

And now it comes in /mnt/disk1/docker/appdata/binhex-sabnzbdvpn/\mnt\disk7\Usenet DL\incomplete.

I want it to download in disk7/Usenet DL.

How do I do that?

I get this by searching for a folder.

sab cant change.jpg

Edited by rikdegraaff
Typo

In the image you provided, the completed download folder should be /data, not /mnt. If you click on the left arrow, you should go to the parent folder, and see the /data listed in there. Select /data, and you should be good to go.