[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

3 hours ago, gridrunner said:

Trying to use proxy via privoxy through the sabvpn will not work for deluge as far as i know but @binhex will know for sure.

deluge does not behave well with proxy servers, if the proxy drops for ny reason (such as in your case a reboot of sabnzbdvpn) then deluge will switch to ignoring the proxy and will leak ip information, thus the only truly safe way of torrenting is to use a vpn tunnel, so use either delugepn or rtorrentvpn, as mentioned above by gridrunner other metadata downloaders such as sonarr/radarr etc are perfectly fine to use a proxy.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

deluge does not behave well with proxy servers, if the proxy drops for ny reason (such as in your case a reboot of sabnzbdvpn) then deluge will switch to ignoring the proxy and will leak ip information, thus the only truly safe way of torrenting is to use a vpn tunnel, so use either delugepn or rtorrentvpn, as mentioned above by gridrunner other metadata downloaders such as sonarr/radarr etc are perfectly fine to use a proxy.

So it should work the way I would like it to if I switched the VPN to the Deluge container and used a proxy from SAB. I'll give it a try.

The reason I have it like this is that my VPN allows only 1 connection currently, so I need to find a way to get it working through one of the VPN dockers.

Thank you for your time and help!

So when ever i install i set the "Host Path 2:" ( Container Path: /data ) to /mnt/user/Downloads/ 

and then "AppData Config Path:" ( Container Path: /config ) to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbdvpn

When i do so, it sets the downloads directory to the appdata dir. instead of the downloads dir. when in the SABNZB folder config it will not show me the dir tree with the Downloads Share.

2018-07-08 18_37_04-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png

2018-07-08 18_37_29-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png

2018-07-08 18_37_47-binhex-sabnzbdvpn.png

On 7/8/2018 at 12:42 AM, Aranethon said:

So it should work the way I would like it to if I switched the VPN to the Deluge container and used a proxy from SAB.

according to this post on the sabnzbd forum, http proxy support for sabnzbd is 'not going to happen', this was posted in 2013 so i guess things could of changed but its unlikely that this has been implemented:-

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=14227

Edited by binhex
9 hours ago, RSQtech said:

When i do so, it sets the downloads directory to the appdata dir

i think what you are seeing is not the appdata dir (as the container is not aware of appdata), but it looks like its incorrectly configured to download to /data/appdata, which actually equates to /mnt/user/Downloads/appdata/ on the host. so in sabnzbd set the temporary downloads location to something like /data/incomplete and then in sabnzbd set completed to something like /data/completed.

this will then ensure your downloads on the host end up in /mnt/user/Downloads/incomplete/ and /mnt/user/Downloads/completed/ respectively.

9 hours ago, RSQtech said:

when in the SABNZB folder config it will not show me the dir tree with the Downloads Share.

thats because there is no 'Downloads Share' you should be pointing it at the /data volume mount, as per the screenshot showing the configuration for the container.

11 minutes ago, RSQtech said:

I actually created a share called downloads that all of my downloaders are supposed to centralize to. 

you may well of created a share called 'Downloads' but as far as the container is concerned (and thus the application), this does not exist, it is seen instead as folder name 'data' off the root (as in /data).

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, RSQtech said:

I actually created a share called downloads that all of my downloaders are supposed to centralize to. 

The mapping is /data on the container side and /mnt/user/Downloads/ on the unRAID side.  So, when working inside the container, ie  SAB settings, you use /data. When working in unRAID you use /mnt/user/Downloads/ or the Downloads share over the network. 

In SAB, you'd use something like /data/complete and  /data/incomplete for the completed and temporary download folders. Then,  in categories you can simply use a name like tv or movies with no slashes required. 

If you're using Sonarr, you MUST put the exact same container path and host path in the container settings for it.  Some containers have /data for the container path and others have /download which will not work together when the programs  exchange information over  an API like SAB and Sonarr do. 

Edited by lionelhutz
  • 4 weeks later...

I just started with docker and have a question.

How can I set my DL folder to /mnt/disk7/UsenetDL?

I don't see it in SABnzbd > Config > Folders...

Because I am now downloading to /config/mnt/disk7/Usenet DL/{Nzb name}

And I get this error: "download_dir directory: /mnt error accessing"

Sorry but I am not experienced with docker...

Rikdegraaff, have you mapped the /mnt/disk7/UsenetDL folder in the SABnzbd docker?

106938531_2018-07-0818_37_29-EllisMediaServe_UpdateContainer.png.bb0439b342043657b1bb9e83070de3aa.png

In the example above, you would reference /data to get to the /mnt/user/Downloads folder. By mapping the folders, you don't reference the actual folder path. You can replace the Downloads folder with the path you listed (/mnt/disk7/UsenetDL)

Thank you Stanley for your reply.

I have now altered the /data path to /mnt/disk7/Usenet DL.

And now it comes in /mnt/disk1/docker/appdata/binhex-sabnzbdvpn/\mnt\disk7\Usenet DL\incomplete.

I want it to download in disk7/Usenet DL.

How do I do that?

I get this by searching for a folder.

sab cant change.jpg

Edited by rikdegraaff
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...

For the last week or so I am getting drops in sab. Looking at the logs I see I am erroring out on the api curl check for ip. Anything I can do about this? I am using PIA. Worked for a charm for a long while, not sure when it started but I started noticing it a week or two ago. Stuff will eventually download, mostly. It just takes forever

I changed to a CA node thinking maybe a TUN would be better, seems to have fixed it, though I was getting faster speeds on US servers, Ahhhh well.

Just FYI for anyone seeing spikes and slows in their servers on PIA

BTW Great job guys! Love it :)

I think there's a bug. The VPN parameters are not passed to the docker. It ends up using the opvn file in the appdata folder. So if you want to change the server to anything other than the default nl PIA server, just edit the opvn file.
It's not a bug, it's been this way for signs a year now, you have an out of date docker template.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Suddenly getting lots of errors connecting:

WARNING 2 hours ago Too many connections to server news.newsgroup.ninja
WARNING 3 hours ago Server news.newsgroup.ninja will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 3 hours ago Cannot connect to server news.newsgroup.ninja [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 3 hours ago Server ssl-eu.astraweb.com will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 3 hours ago Cannot connect to server ssl-eu.astraweb.com [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 3 hours ago Server news.newsgroup.ninja will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 3 hours ago Cannot connect to server news.newsgroup.ninja [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 3 hours ago Server ssl-eu.astraweb.com will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 3 hours ago Cannot connect to server ssl-eu.astraweb.com [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 7 hours ago Server news.newsgroup.ninja will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 7 hours ago Cannot connect to server news.newsgroup.ninja [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 7 hours ago Server ssl-eu.astraweb.com will be ignored for 10 minutes
WARNING 7 hours ago Cannot connect to server ssl-eu.astraweb.com [Server name does not resolve]
WARNING 8 hours ago Too many connections to server news.newsgroup.ninja

What kind of logging/info would be helpful to troubleshoot? I'm on the latest stable Unraid, latest SABnzbdvpn update

So I updated to the latest template. Is there anyway to pass additional parameters to openvpn?

My idea is to use remote-random to allow the docker to pick a random server at every restart.

The section of code below is deleted every time the docker start and replace with the server in the template.

Only the remote-random line remains so I'm guessing something was set up to remove any lines starting with "remote "

remote-random
remote de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote czech.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote france.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote ro.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote spain.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote swiss.privateinternetaccess.com 1197
remote sweden.privateinternetaccess.com 1197