[Support] binhex - Couchpotato

Gday All, Thankyou kindly to Binhex - Im just getting started with unRaid , Sickrage and DelugeVPN all working soo far (Thankyou BINHEX again).

Ive decided to configure couchpotato next.  Just before i totally configure it.... Im just trying to get it to TEST connect to Deluge.  using my unraid ip 192.168.0.1:8112  or  58846

CP keeps coming back with "Connection Failed: Check log files"    But there is no mention of deluge in either Couchpotato log or Docker Log.

Note: Deluge is setup as defualt configuration - No username and password of "deluge"

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by markh
2 hours ago, markh said:

Gday All, Thankyou kindly to Binhex - Im just getting started with unRaid , Sickrage and DelugeVPN all working soo far (Thankyou BINHEX again).

Ive decided to configure couchpotato next.  Just before i totally configure it.... Im just trying to get it to TEST connect to Deluge.  using my unraid ip 192.168.0.1:8112  or  58846

CP keeps coming back with "Connection Failed: Check log files"    But there is no mention of deluge in either Couchpotato log or Docker Log.

Note: Deluge is setup as defualt configuration - No username and password of "deluge"

Cheers,

Mark

before you spend too much more time on this, you might first consider instead of CP you use Radarr, this is the new kid on the block and apparently (i dont use either) it works pretty well, so you might want to go for that instread of CP. If however you are more comfy with CP then let me know and i will send you some links on how to get it running, link to Radarr below:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/53807-support-binhex-radarr/

On 19/09/2017 at 6:47 PM, binhex said:

before you spend too much more time on this, you might first consider instead of CP you use Radarr, this is the new kid on the block and apparently (i dont use either) it works pretty well, so you might want to go for that instread of CP. If however you are more comfy with CP then let me know and i will send you some links on how to get it running, link to Radarr below:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/53807-support-binhex-radarr/

Gday Binhex,

I have tried Radarr - but it has no renaming feature.

That would be great if you could send me through some details.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Fist off thanks Binhex for providing this docker, i have been able to setup most things without issue but i do have a problem with setting the sabnzbd ip address in the downloaders section.

Every time i change it from local host to the ip address i hit test it comes back successful i exit go back in and it is back to local host this is stopping me being able to setup a connection to sabnzbd.

Anyone any ideas?

I have gone and directly change the settings file to the ip address but its not picked up in the web interface, if i restart the docker the settings file is changed back to local host.

This happens on Bin Hex docker and linuxserver docker, so seems i may be doing something wrong? I don't think its permissions as all other settings remain persistent.

Thanks

Marc

sabnzbd setting.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

My couchpotato docker appears to have lost the ability to access imdb.  All the Box Office and Top 250 Movies displays ar grey and say "Unknown movie    n/a".  "Search & add new media" never finds anything.  The pop up window opened by the CouchPotato bookmark never displays a movie in the drop down menu box.

I've tried restarting the container several times, to no avail.

What could be causing this?

11 hours ago, PeterB said:

My couchpotato docker appears to have lost the ability to access imdb.  All the Box Office and Top 250 Movies displays ar grey and say "Unknown movie    n/a".  "Search & add new media" never finds anything.  The pop up window opened by the CouchPotato bookmark never displays a movie in the drop down menu box.

I've tried restarting the container several times, to no avail.

What could be causing this?

Same here....started doing this after the most recent update.

4 hours ago, king79 said:

Hello,

the container works fine, but it is possible to upgrade to the latest Git version.

My current version is 4a0999d9 (6.9.2016)

i can update to the latest master commit sure, but i wouldn't guarantee this will fix the omdbapi issue, as CP is not really being developed any more, and the issue (i would guess) is a change of api at the omdb end, and until that change is fixed in CP it will remain broken, i would encourage you all to migrate to  Radarr:- 

p.s this docker image has been marked as deprecated for a while and should be shown as such in CA.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Squid said:

No its not.  You deprecated SickBeard.  CP is still available

lol thanks @squid what would i do without you eh, i blame old age, my memory isn't what it was, ok well i think unless there is some development on CP soon then i will be marking this as deprecated too.

Edited by binhex

Apparently one of the CP devs has said a fix is coming, but I suspect its already too late for many... 

I got up and running fairly quickly with Radarr thanks to @gridrunner's helpful vid, just importing my sizable library is taking a while :/

Lots of improvements over CP, yet to see any drawbacks, but not had any post-processing jobs yet (which CP did well).

Edited by tjb_altf4
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm being a bit slow - wouldn't be the first time...

I found "binhex couchpotato git" in CA:

image.thumb.png.d5296f2e2d44f881d5da443c399baa3a.png

But when I click the "Support Thread" link, it brings me here.

I've been running the "regular" "binhex couchpotato" for quite a while:

image.png.e41d847a92f0acaa5aabff67739d521e.png

for the most part it seems to be working reasonably well, but there have been a few minor glitches.

A) is this the proper support thread for the "git" version?

B) if I install the "git" version, do I have to manually reconfigure everything or can I copy my current appdata\couchpotato directory contents to the new appdata\couchpotato-git (or whatever it will be called) directory to maintain my existing configuration?

C) Should I really just move on to Radarr and figure out how to get that working instead?

It does appear that the most recent pull on CP's GitHub repository was about 6 months ago, so development isn't super active, but it's not totally dead ("I'm not dead yet!", "Shut up! He will be soon.").

Either way, thanks @binhex for all your work over the years!

On 09/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, FreeMan said:

Maybe I'm being a bit slow - wouldn't be the first time...

I found "binhex couchpotato git" in CA:

image.thumb.png.d5296f2e2d44f881d5da443c399baa3a.png

I've been running the "regular" "binhex couchpotato" for quite a while:

image.png.e41d847a92f0acaa5aabff67739d521e.png

for the most part it seems to be working reasonably well, but there have been a few minor glitches.

A) is this the proper support thread for the "git" version?

B) if I install the "git" version, do I have to manually reconfigure everything or can I copy my current appdata\couchpotato directory contents to the new appdata\couchpotato-git (or whatever it will be called) directory to maintain my existing configuration?

C) Should I really just move on to Radarr and figure out how to get that working instead?

It does appear that the most recent pull on CP's GitHub repository was about 6 months ago, so development isn't super active, but it's not totally dead ("I'm not dead yet!", "Shut up! He will be soon.").

Either way, thanks @binhex for all your work over the years!

yep i got lazy :-), couchpotato and couchpotato-git are both supported in this thread, and as i have just deprecated couchpotato i dont think i will bother seperating it.

impressive for software that was last released in 2015! (talking about github "release" here) :-)

A) yes

B) you SHOULD be able to just copy your config across and it SHOULD pick it up - not tested, so be cautious when doing this.

C) if i were you, yes.

ha nice ref to monty python, "i feel better, you're not fooling anyone!)

14 hours ago, binhex said:

C) if i were you, yes.

ha nice ref to monty python, "i feel better, you're not fooling anyone!)

It didn't take long to get Radarr setup & working, but it doesn't seem to have the management of existing movies down as well as CP. I guess I really don't need that, but I do like to pull up CP in NZB Unity while I'm out and about to see if this movie that's on sale is one I've already got or not. I've already deleted it, but maybe I'll reinstall it (it was just that easy) and let it do its thing again.

And... I'm glad someone got the reference. :)