[Support] binhex - Couchpotato

That's what I thought in the start... but I don't think that's it.  I went to the actual webpage for the download and the magnet link worked just fine.  It does the same error for every single download as well.  No idea.

[ato.core._base.downloader] Failed converting magnet url to torrent: 3463623BFE3D8D30E7734EB3D3146B669B0B92DF

08-03 22:03:19

ERROR

[ore.downloaders.blackhole] No nzb/torrent available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3463623bfe3d8d30e7734eb3d3146b669b0b92df&dn=Children.Who.Chase.Lost.Voices.2011.1080p.BluRay.x264-WarApe.m2t&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

INFO

[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "torrent" downloader gave an error

If the download works fine in a browser but CP is unable to grab it then i would suspect the index site has changed their API and this has broken the ability for CP to grab magnet links correctly. The only course of action is either to post your issue on the CP forum and hope somebody has a solution for the issue, or use a different index site.

It is possible this issue has already been fixed in the latest github master branch, but its worth asking the question on the CP forum first before you start looking at using the bleeding edge version of CP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Binhex

As with last issue some previous issue some months ago I only use your dockers, where possible,  on my UNRAID as recommended by Jon due to your great support.

My system is running well but my couchpotato snatches downloads but they don't seem to go to sabnzbd for download. When I go in CP setting and test my API connection to sabnzbd it gives the "test successful."

Can somebody please advise?

Many thanks

K

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I thought in the start... but I don't think that's it.  I went to the actual webpage for the download and the magnet link worked just fine.  It does the same error for every single download as well.  No idea.

[ato.core._base.downloader] Failed converting magnet url to torrent: 3463623BFE3D8D30E7734EB3D3146B669B0B92DF

ERROR

[ore.downloaders.blackhole] No nzb/torrent available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3463623bfe3d8d30e7734eb3d3146b669b0b92df&dn=Children.Who.Chase.Lost.Voices.2011.1080p.BluRay.x264-WarApe.m2t&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

INFO

[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "torrent" downloader gave an error

If the download works fine in a browser but CP is unable to grab it then i would suspect the index site has changed their API and this has broken the ability for CP to grab magnet links correctly. The only course of action is either to post your issue on the CP forum and hope somebody has a solution for the issue, or use a different index site.

It is possible this issue has already been fixed in the latest github master branch, but its worth asking the question on the CP forum first before you start looking at using the bleeding edge version of CP.

Was this ever figured out? I'm getting the same sort of error and can't find a way around it.

My error:

09-02 01:08:29ERROR[ato.core._base.downloader] Failed converting magnet url to torrent: EB9C09D9EAFFAB83E787DC96CACCE96F6AE6A904

09-02 01:08:29ERROR[ore.downloaders.blackhole] No nzb/torrent available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:eb9c09d9eaffab83e787dc96cacce96f6ae6a904&dn=Captain.America.Civil.War.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.AC3-ETRG&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

09-02 01:08:29INFO[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "torrent" downloader gave an error

ERROR

INFO

Was this ever figured out? I'm getting the same sort of error and can't find a way around it.

My error:

09-02 01:08:29ERROR[ato.core._base.downloader] Failed converting magnet url to torrent: EB9C09D9EAFFAB83E787DC96CACCE96F6AE6A904

09-02 01:08:29ERROR[ore.downloaders.blackhole] No nzb/torrent available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:eb9c09d9eaffab83e787dc96cacce96f6ae6a904&dn=Captain.America.Civil.War.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.AC3-ETRG&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

09-02 01:08:29INFO[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "torrent" downloader gave an error

hmm ok there hasn't been a github "release" for some time now  (over a year now) for couchpotato, and i know there are some fairly major bugs in the current release, how would people feel about me switching this to install github master branch instead?.

hmm ok there hasn't been a github "release" for some time now  (over a year now) for couchpotato, and i know there are some fairly major bugs in the current release, how would people feel about me switching this to install github master branch instead?.

What would the cost / benefit ratio of either adding a variable or setting up a second container so we could choose? My install is currently mostly working so it would be nice to be able to switch back easily if something in the master branch build is badly broken.

What would the cost / benefit ratio of either adding a variable or setting up a second container so we could choose? My install is currently mostly working so it would be nice to be able to switch back easily if something in the master branch build is badly broken.

I think the only option in comfortable with is a sperate docker image, I will think this over and come up with something. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey Binhex

As with last issue some previous issue some months ago I only use your dockers, where possible,  on my UNRAID as recommended by Jon due to your great support.

My system is running well but my couchpotato snatches downloads but they don't seem to go to sabnzbd for download. When I go in CP setting and test my API connection to sabnzbd it gives the "test successful."

Can somebody please advise?

Many thanks

K

Anybody please? I am stumped - If I don't find solution I have to change OS again

I think the only option in comfortable with is a sperate docker image, I will think this over and come up with something. Thanks for the input.

Yep I still have the same issue.  Sucks but hell you are doing this for free so I can't complain.  :)

Yep I still have the same issue.  Sucks but hell you are doing this for free so I can't complain.  :)

I am having all the same issues - am definitely a newbie, but found this thread as a solution to multiple problems

https://github.com/CouchPotato/CouchPotatoServer/commit/3ed4738a75e30107e53272f62cfebf013dbfbb79

Not even sure if this helps or not? Sorry if it doesn't.

ok had a bit of free time so coded up couchpotato github master, it should now be available in CA plugin as binhex-couchpotato-git, give it a whirl and let me know how it runs.

ok had a bit of free time so coded up couchpotato github master, it should now be available in CA plugin as binhex-couchpotato-git, give it a whirl and let me know how it runs.

With new docker I don't have any errors, but nothing is being sent to deluge.  The files are being snatched but my deluge remains empty. No errors in logs...

With new docker I don't have any errors, but nothing is being sent to deluge.  The files are being snatched but my deluge remains empty. No errors in logs...

I don't know if this is relevant or not:-

https://github.com/CouchPotato/CouchPotatoServer/issues/4682

Strangely enough, my CP (non-git) just announced it has an update available... lol

Hmm odd, there hasn't been a new release since 2015, I just double checked and that's still the case. In assuming it's set to pick up github releases only.

• 2 weeks later...

Dockers just really aren't liking me...

I got the Version "Not Available" notification at some point today. When I clicked on "Update" option for your CouchPotato docker, it went through the download routine, then gave me an error message (which I didn't bother to capture, of course). When I closed out the notification window, this is what I saw:

v1rgHqq.png

Notice the greyed out binhex/arch-couchpotato.latest there at the bottom.

I presume at this point, I remove the container, then reinstall it, and, since my ..\appdata\couchpotato directory is still there, it should have all my config info, correct?

Also, what's causing the "not available" for all my dockers? If they were only yours, I could see that something may have broken at your end causing them to not display, or that you'd updated them but it wasn't properly picking up the new version, but it's happened to them all and the last 2 aren't from your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing a bit of an odd issue with my media management, and I am fairly positive it is couchpotato causing problems...

1. My torrent client downloads everything to /mnt/user/TorrentDownloads

2. Couchpotato scans this directory and moves completed downloads to /mnt/user/Movies

3. Once the files are moved to the Movies directory their file extensions are either removed or renamed to 'random'

For example, see the 3 most recent downloads:

The.Purge.Election.Year.2016.720p.BluRay.x264:

The.Purge.Election.Year.2016.720p.BluRay.x264 (Missing file extension)

The.Infiltrator.2016.720p.BluRay.x264:

The.Infiltrator.2016.720p.BluRay.x264.random-G46KXD79 (File extension changed to random)

The.Infiltrator.2016.720p.BluRay.x264 (Missing file extension)

Free.State.of.Jones.2016.720p.BluRay.x264:

Free.State.of.Jones.2016.720p.BluRay.x264(Missing file extension)

Free.State.of.Jones.2016.720p.BluRay.x264.random-TWYPS7AV (Changed to random)

Free.State.of.Jones.2016.720p.BluRay.x264.random-YXBR4VAY (Changed to random)

I have no idea why this started happening, or when  :o

EDIT Looks like the <ext> got removed from the file renamer settings. Testing now to see if this helps.

• 1 month later...

So it appears that the GitHub page for couchpotato has vanished. I have just installed it, have it configured properly, can connect to deluge but can't snatch from iptorrents. Should I switch to the Couchpotato Git version by binhex? and does anyone have a solution for the iptorrents issue? I have added other public trackers and it still doesn't snatch, nothing in logs either. I read a post about switch something in a config file but it was from a while ago and i thought it may have been updated.

Thanks

So it appears that the GitHub page for couchpotato has vanished. I have just installed it, have it configured properly, can connect to deluge but can't snatch from iptorrents. Should I switch to the Couchpotato Git version by binhex? and does anyone have a solution for the iptorrents issue? I have added other public trackers and it still doesn't snatch, nothing in logs either. I read a post about switch something in a config file but it was from a while ago and i thought it may have been updated.

Thanks

i too have the same issue but think that its just that couchpotato hasnt been updated. Im curious why a docker container cant run git and do auto updates rather than the author having to push container updates and builds everytime

Thanks

i too have the same issue but think that its just that couchpotato hasnt been updated. Im curious why a docker container cant run git and do auto updates rather than the author having to push container updates and builds everytime

several reasons, go here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45811.msg437673#msg437673

read Q10 and Q12.

Even Linuxserver.io have now switched to static builds as opposed to auto updating on start.

btw i do have a couchpotato with the latest git release at build time (approx 2 months ago), do a search on CA for couchpotato-git

I'm having an issue snatching with my torrent provider and the recommended fix is to change a line in "\couchpotato\core\media\_base\providers\torrent\iptorrents.py". I can't seem to find these files while browsing with MC. Could you point me in the right direction?

They are inside the container. You need to read up on docker exec.
  • 2 months later...

I'm having an issue snatching with my torrent provider and the recommended fix is to change a line in "\couchpotato\core\media\_base\providers\torrent\iptorrents.py". I can't seem to find these files while browsing with MC. Could you point me in the right direction?

They are inside the container. You need to read up on docker exec.

Managed to get this running?

I seem to be having the same issue.

Any pointers appreciated

-Haplo

***Edit:

Used the Git version, all works perfect.

Thank you!