[Support] binhex - get_iplayer

On 5/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, jsgilly20 said:

Not sure on how I need to get the Mojolicious Perl Module installed on an Unraid build though...

No luck either with setting up the webui

I get the Mojolicious Perl messages as well, but I assumed it only mattered for CONCURRENT indexing and that asynchronous ("single thread") processing would still happen just fine.

Does this container HAVE a webui?  I thought it was all just "set these variables & let it do it's command-line thing"...

On 6/10/2018 at 12:48 AM, JonMikelV said:

I get the Mojolicious Perl messages as well, but I assumed it only mattered for CONCURRENT indexing and that asynchronous ("single thread") processing would still happen just fine.

Does this container HAVE a webui?  I thought it was all just "set these variables & let it do it's command-line thing"...

Enabling the "Advanced View" while on the settings page for the container will show extra fields - one of them is a webui. 

Though I'm still having no luck with it - it's not finding any shows, feels like it's looking in some empty / corrupt cache file but I'm unable to update it anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jtenniswood said:

I'm also seeing this error...

WARNING: Please download and run latest installer or install the Mojolicious Perl module for concurrent indexing of tv programmes.

Any progress on a fix?

Thanks

its not an error its a warning, whats the actual problem you're seeing?

bad terminology on my part, 

by webui I was talking about the docker setup.

I have this issue with most things I'm trying to grab at the moment, pretty much only stuff like Eastenders gets found by name

So take Hidden as an example. Typing Hidden into the Show box, gains no results according to the log. Trying this by name in the windows get-iplayer works fine

Picking an episode pid such as b0b6tgcv for Episode 3 also works fine in the windows version but I can;t see how to specify by PID on the unraid docker

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry if i'm thick, but where but i find this file? it isn't in \\tower\appdata\data

INFO: Downloading tv: 'People Just Do Nothing: Series 5 - 1. Episode 1 (b0bs6h2n) [original]'
INFO: Downloaded: 1152.49 MB (00:28:27) @ 10.29 Mb/s (hvfhd1/bi) [audio+video]
INFO: Converting to MP4
INFO: Tagging MP4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - thanks for the docker but I am not exactly sure how to get it to work with privoxy. I have privoxy working and connected to London. How do I point this docker to work through privoxy? Sorry for the newbish question (and I see its sort of been answered on page 1 of this thread - but it doesnt explain how to actually do it). 

Thanks in advance!! :)

On 12/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, Ahmed said:

Hi - thanks for the docker but I am not exactly sure how to get it to work with privoxy. I have privoxy working and connected to London. How do I point this docker to work through privoxy? Sorry for the newbish question (and I see its sort of been answered on page 1 of this thread - but it doesnt explain how to actually do it). 

Thanks in advance!! :)

Unless I’ve miss understood - anyone around that can help me ?

15 minutes ago, JonMikelV said:

I'm glad you figured it out!  I hadn't answered because I've not used privoxy before.

In case in run into the same issues you had, what was the variable you needed to add?

Hey @JonMielIV - so when you edit the config for this container, you just click on the 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' then add they new variables in and start the docker. When you start up this docker, you can watch the logs to see it go through the proxy you setup in deluge (which has privoxy included). Just make sure you have set that up and the proxy (privoxy) is working properly. If you haven't got deluge setup with privoxy then you will obviously need to get that sorted first.  On another note - I also noticed the VPN service provider I'm using is geoblocked (PIA) so no BBC for me until I get another VPN provider.

variable.png

So i noticed you have to have an account created to actually test out bbc iplayer via the web. I have firefox setup to pass through privoxy and it works fine. When I start this docker, it fails when it goes to download the show:

2018-12-19 12:37:31,057 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:

ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): https://vod-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/usp/auth/vod/piff_abr_full_sd_ad/bc93a0-b0bsqzq1/vf_b0bsqzq1_18dd5df3-b811-4b90-823d-526d62850072.ism.hlsv2.ism/vf_b0bsqzq1_18dd5df3-b811-4b90-823d-526d62850072.ism.hlsv2.m3u8?__gda__=1545215848_543fe08296c477c872ae1594981a858e

ERROR: Response: 403 Forbidden

ERROR: Ignore this error if programme download is successful

Any suggestions?

going to the link via browser i get the 

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access blah blah "

Which makes me think its looking for authentication before it will allow me to dl using this app? So does this docker work without a user login to bbc iplayer? 

Edited by Ahmed
  • 6 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, jsgilly20 said:

Enabling the "Advanced View" while on the settings page for the container will show extra fields - one of them is a webui. 

Though I'm still having no luck with it - it's not finding any shows, feels like it's looking in some empty / corrupt cache file but I'm unable to update it anyway. 

Hi

I am using Docker on a Synology Nas with this container installed. However I don't see a Webui. Can anybody explain an easy way of seeing this please?

Cheers Richard

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bally12345 said:

Hi used this for the first time, only needed a single show but for some reason its downloaded 1280x720. Anyway to force Full HD or 4K if available?

The max available resolution for get_iplayer is 720p, the BBC don't make anything else higher available through the web version of iPlayer only SmartTVs etc

3 minutes ago, michaelmcq said:

The max available resolution for get_iplayer is 720p, the BBC don't make anything else higher available through the web version of iPlayer only SmartTVs etc

Thanks for the reply, that;s annoying but also not too much of an issue. You don't happen to know how I can fetch the --subtitles?

Edited by bally12345