[Support] binhex - MiniDLNA

On 2/12/2017 at 0:37 PM, frankie said:

Can you please include patch for DSD files written by Takeshich NAKAMURA?

https://github.com/mimizone/minidlna-dsd

On 2/13/2017 at 7:11 AM, binhex said:

i only run stable releases, so im afraid you will have to wait until this patch is included into a later release before it will be available.

I'm interested in DSD support as well.

Would it be possible to include the file modifications described in this thread?

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is a noob query but I'm very new using unRAID and I'm only just learning the basics of Dockers and containers etc!

What I'm essentially after is a fairly simple DLNA server running alongside Plex solely for viewing my home media (family photos and videos) - predominantly via the media player built into my PS4!

I've created a user share called "Home Media" - when I set the docker up I mapped the path to mnt/user/Home Media - now while the PS4 sees the media server, it isn't seeing any content!?!?

It was working for a short time but the folder structure wasn't showing correctly and so I deleted it and started again and now there is no content at all!

Thanks for any help.... (and sorry again if this is a bit basic - as I say, I'm VERY new with using unRAID!)

Edited by stevep94
5 hours ago, stevep94 said:

Sorry if this is a noob query but I'm very new using unRAID and I'm only just learning the basics of Dockers and containers etc!

What I'm essentially after is a fairly simple DLNA server running alongside Plex solely for viewing my home media (family photos and videos) - predominantly via the media player built into my PS4!

I've created a user share called "Home Media" - when I set the docker up I mapped the path to mnt/user/Home Media - now while the PS4 sees the media server, it isn't seeing any content!?!?

It was working for a short time but the folder structure wasn't showing correctly and so I deleted it and started again and now there is no content at all!

Thanks for any help.... (and sorry again if this is a bit basic - as I say, I'm VERY new with using unRAID!)

it could well be the fact that the share name has a space, one of the guidelines for linux is dont use spaces in your path names, its not illegal but it makes life hard, and in some cases will cause issue with some applications, so try changing to hyphenated or just drop the space

Thanks for the tip - I had no idea! (told you I was new to this!)

Anyway, I've created a new user share called "Home-Media" - put a test folder called "unRAID" in the share with just a few screenshots and at first it was still not showing any media until I changed the "SCAN_ON_BOOT" value to "yes" - does this need to be left permanently on yes? My issue with this is that the media I intend to put in the share has hundreds (if not thousands) of photos and videos - won't it take an age to scan all these if I need to restart the docker/app? (or can I leave it as "no" and somehow trigger the scan manually??)

While I'm at it, should I be making sure that the folders within the share also don't have any spaces or is it just the main share that this applies to?

I've left all of the other settings as they were as follows - I trust these are all OK??

minidlna2.thumb.jpg.fdd901d1c7d2b46b1263de9ce18ef61f.jpg

Edited by stevep94
11 hours ago, stevep94 said:

won't it take an age to scan all these if I need to restart the docker/app?

ypu'd be surprised actually now fast it can index, but yeah it could take a number of minutes, perhaps an hour if you have a very large collection.

11 hours ago, stevep94 said:

or can I leave it as "no" and somehow trigger the scan manually

this is an option, yes, you can define a scan day and hour using the SCHEDULE_SCAN_DAYS and SCHEDULE_SCAN_HOURS values respectively, if you want it to scan for multiple days/hours then use a comma to separate the values, e.g.:-

SCHEDULE_SCAN_DAYS = 03,05,06

note monday = 00 and sunday = 06

same sort of thing with hours, apart from its values are 00 - 23

13 hours ago, stevep94 said:

Thanks again - I'll have a look at what settings will suit me best!

Am I best to make sure all folders (and file names for that matter?) don't have spaces or is it just the user share itself??

i wouldnt be too concerned with folders within the share having spaces, that should be fine, same deal with files

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, ebnerjoh said:

Hi,

I have a strange problem.

Although my max_user_watches is set to more then 500.000 minidlna is not displaying all my media files.

I tried to rescan, but it stops after ~ 10.000 sound files and 10.000 pictures, although I have ~ 100% more.

Br,

Johannes

it may not be a hard limit, instead it might be badly formed metadata on your media, try to scan a smaller subset, if that scans in ok then widen the subset until you find out the file(s) that are causing the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Greeting to all! First time user here.. installed this on my server and trying to edit the config file to change my media location from /media (default) into /Music.

I did this change using the Edit menu as follows:

image.gif

Applied my change and the message says it was successful. Restarted the App but I still don't see my media files.

Strangely when I clicked the config file from the menu below to see it's content I still see   media_dir=/media
 (and not /Music)

image.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by kolla
18 hours ago, kolla said:

Thanks I did that and re-started the server but for some reason it's not seeing anything inside "Music" share.

Maybe something else I missed?

I have not used miniDLNA for awhile so i pulled down the latest docker image.

I left everything default other than changing where the docker should look for my music directory. which is /mnt/user/Tunes/Album

It is now scanning all my files including artwork. So it would seem editing the .conf file is no longer needed

Untitled.thumb.png.b86e989b398b1ca88cc12acdd14b6acc.png

11 hours ago, raidserver said:

I have not used miniDLNA for awhile so i pulled down the latest docker image.

I left everything default other than changing where the docker should look for my music directory. which is /mnt/user/Tunes/Album

It is now scanning all my files including artwork. So it would seem editing the .conf file is no longer needed

Untitled.thumb.png.b86e989b398b1ca88cc12acdd14b6acc.png

Thanks! My directory structure is like this: /nmt/user/Music/<Genre>/<Artist>/<Album>/*

And my shared folder is "/nmt/user/Music" so I have "/nmt/user/Music" in the config here but with no luck so far.

5 hours ago, kolla said:

/nmt/

/nmt/user/Music" so I have "/nmt/user/Music"

Are these typo`s kolla? check your directory inputs its mnt(mount)

once miniDLNA starts scanning you will see the files.db grow (located in the appdata binhex-miniDLNA folder) & the artwork folder starts to populate.

Perhaps you could start again, uninstall minidlna then run the plugin CA cleanup appdata to wipe whats remaining of the docker.

Pull the docker down again and set the correct directory where your files are located.

Edited by raidserver
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a couple of simple questions, I hope you can help or point me in the right direction.

For Christmas I received an internet radio/Media player (John Lewis Cello - with Frontier Silicon innards). I installed the MiniDLNA docker and it all mostly works! [Thank you binhex]

But some issues I'm not sure about:

1) Any album I want to listen to lists the tracks in alphabetical order. Can MiniDLNA sort in track number order? These are tagged so it seems to make sense to use them. The Cello has no option to choose how files are sorted so the only other option is to change the id tags to include the track number which seems silly as track number is already a tag.

2) The Cello manual says the media player menu is created by the DLNA server. It gives me the option of Audio, Video and Pictures. As I can't view the last two in the Cello I would like it if I could remove them from the menu. I changed media_dir= to media_dir=A in the conf but it made no difference.

3) I haven't yet worked out how to update the database (after adding media) without removing the container and deleting all the files in the config folder. Should this be automatic?

4) According to the manual the Cello should remember the DLNA server when it is off and can run Wake On LAN, it doesn't remember the server. Is there a setting in MiniDLNA for this? It's a long shot but means I could switch on my server from the Cello rather than my mobile phone.

I appreciate I am rather late in the game and these have been answered many times but I'm very much a learner and struggle to find the answers I'm after.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm struggling to get this set up correctly, can you help please?

I have set up the docker via the template, minidlna service is working but not indexing.

In the log file I can see the error:

[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "V,/mnt/disk1/Movies/" not accessible [No such file or directory]  (I changed to a disk directory to see if that worked)
[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "A,/mnt/user/Music/" not accessible [No such file or directory]
[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "P,/mnt/user/Photos/" not accessible [No such file or directory]

In the docker page, the volume mappings show correct and if I click one it opens to show folder content. Coincidently if I use the Dolphin docker, I cannot navigate to the above folder either.

image.png.83b3e85ee4acaf042ece90829f62cfe4.png

Pete

58 minutes ago, knights19 said:

Hi, I'm struggling to get this set up correctly, can you help please?

I have set up the docker via the template, minidlna service is working but not indexing.

In the log file I can see the error:

[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "V,/mnt/disk1/Movies/" not accessible [No such file or directory]  (I changed to a disk directory to see if that worked)
[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "A,/mnt/user/Music/" not accessible [No such file or directory]
[2018/02/06 15:03:28] minidlna.c:620: error: Media directory "P,/mnt/user/Photos/" not accessible [No such file or directory]

In the docker page, the volume mappings show correct and if I click one it opens to show folder content. Coincidently if I use the Dolphin docker, I cannot navigate to the above folder either.

image.png.83b3e85ee4acaf042ece90829f62cfe4.png

Pete

you should be configuring minidlna to look at /Movies NOT /mnt/disk1/Movies as that is the host path NOT the container path.

Hello

i trying to add another share that isnt "Media"

i did like i saw someone here explained

i added new Host Path

Name : Host Path 3

Container Path: /downloads

Host path: /mnt/user/Downloads/

in the config file i added: media_dir=/downloads

and i did restart,

and i still see only "media" on the TV and not the Downloads folders.

what the problem? 

Thank you