[Support] binhex - MovieGrabber

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, binhex said:

nice to know its still in use, i personally rely on MG for my movies, i have never used CP and don't really want to. The project isnt dead, its just in a holding state until i get around to it, i have big plans for MG, complete re-write, new UI, the works!, ive learnt a lot since i originally coded it up several years ago, and am keen to make it faster and cleaner than ever.

so once i have all my automation in place for the docker images i produce i will hopefully move my focus onto whipping MG into shape, no timeline at the mo but i would love to get back on it by middle of this year, might see some good results by the end of this year.

one question for you, you use usenet i see, can i ask what index sites MG is still working with?, im using only torrent sites right now so i have no idea which of the usenet index sites still work and which dont.

Looks like it may have finally stopped working :(  Reviewing the logs,  it appears imdb nay be blocking all calls to app.imdb.com ?  Any feedback is appreciated, maybe a workaround ?

2018-01-05 13:29:41,289 WARNING search_index_thread_nzbplanet_net_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab Index - IMDb JSON down http://app.imdb.com/title/maindetails?api=v1&appid=iphone1&locale=en_US×tamp=1286888328&tconst=tt5933560&sig=app1
2018-01-05 13:38:08,551 WARNING search_index_thread_nzbplanet_net_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab Index - IMDb JSON down http://app.imdb.com/title/maindetails?api=v1&appid=iphone1&locale=en_US×tamp=1286888328&tconst=tt5933560&sig=app1

On 05/01/2018 at 11:31 PM, ashman70 said:

I think something is wrong with the IMBD api altogether, I am seeing errors in Medusa too.

yeah the thing thats wrong with it is that imdb has turned off their v1 api everybody was using, not good as i use MG still, so im currently looking into either web scrape method or there is some guys looking into reverse engineering the imdb apple app to see if we can use the v2 api, see here:-

https://github.com/richardasaurus/imdb-pie/issues/49

On 1/8/2018 at 1:06 AM, binhex said:

yeah the thing thats wrong with it is that imdb has turned off their v1 api everybody was using, not good as i use MG still, so im currently looking into either web scrape method or there is some guys looking into reverse engineering the imdb apple app to see if we can use the v2 api, see here:-

Appreciate you looking into this, I still use MG as well, never really like any of the other options, CP, Radarr etc.

Edited by jbear
On 1/8/2018 at 1:06 AM, binhex said:

Looks like they figured it out, is this something that can plugged into MG fairly easily, or will it require a new release?

4 hours ago, jbear said:

Looks like they figured it out, is this something that can plugged into MG fairly easily, or will it require a new release?

plugged in fairly easily, no, but it's doable, and yep whatever the fix it will def require a new release and thus a new docker image, im tracking the issue too, im glad they are making progress on it!

On 1/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, binhex said:

plugged in fairly easily, no, but it's doable, and yep whatever the fix it will def require a new release and thus a new docker image, im tracking the issue too, im glad they are making progress on it!

Reluctant to post, as I don't want to seem like a nag, but really like MG.  Let me know what you are thinking, I certainly respect your response, as I understand how valuable everyone's time is.  If I can contribute to the project with a small donation, please let me know how I can do that.  Not sure why I never latched on to one of the automated options out there, I think I prefer MG, because it provides an easy method of discovering those items you likely would have never heard of, and more closely resembles the old days of reviewing the NG feeds directly.

JB

15 hours ago, jbear said:

Reluctant to post, as I don't want to seem like a nag, but really like MG.  Let me know what you are thinking, I certainly respect your response, as I understand how valuable everyone's time is.  If I can contribute to the project with a small donation, please let me know how I can do that.  Not sure why I never latched on to one of the automated options out there, I think I prefer MG, because it provides an easy method of discovering those items you likely would have never heard of, and more closely resembles the old days of reviewing the NG feeds directly.

JB

ok so i am keen to get MG fixed up, i do use it personally, i have started looking at it and have made some changes which look ok but there is further work involved. I dont really want to give a hard and fast date right now but i would hope to have it up and running again by around 1st feb.

On 16/01/2018 at 10:58 AM, binhex said:

ok so i am keen to get MG fixed up, i do use it personally, i have started looking at it and have made some changes which look ok but there is further work involved. I dont really want to give a hard and fast date right now but i would hope to have it up and running again by around 1st feb.

@jbear Got some extra time to spend on this and have fixed up MG, please pull down latest docker image and give it a whirl, please note there is currently a bug in MG which means you will loose all queued items so please ensure you release what you want before you upgrade.

Oh and note, i am still tinkering around so things may break temporarily, you have been warned :-).

Edited by binhex
22 minutes ago, binhex said:

@jbear Got some extra time to spend on this and have fixed up MG, please pull down latest docker image and give it a whirl, please note there is currently a bug in MG which means you will loose all queued items so please ensure you release what you want before you upgrade.

Oh and note, i am still tinkering around so things may break temporarily, you have been warned :-).

If I'm using with UNRAID, will it pull down the latest version if I install your docker? 

3 hours ago, binhex said:

yes

I got it installed, need to review logs to verify operation, I'm seeing some stuff trickle in, seems kind of slow to populate.  Seems promising.  I assume you will post here if you make additional changes? Appears the version number is the same in the program.  I greatly appreciate your work on this :)

4 hours ago, binhex said:

yes

Seeing some of these in the log ... 

2018-01-18 12:06:27,122 WARNING search_index_thread_custom_2 MovieGrabber feed_details :: Newznab Index - Site feed parse failed

and .nzb.error files I'm seeing this ...

<error code="100" description="Empty API Key"/>

Maybe not compatible with NZBGeek index, which I added today.

Edited by jbear
Seeing some of these in the log ... 

2018-01-18 12:06:27,122 WARNING search_index_thread_custom_2 MovieGrabber feed_details :: Newznab Index - Site feed parse failed

and .nzb.error files I'm seeing this ...

Maybe not compatible with NZBGeek index, which I added today.

Tbh MG is in desperate need of a complete re-code thus the minimum work to keep things going whilst I plan the next version, so yeah some of the newer newznab based indexers may not work as I haven't touched that code for literally years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, binhex said:

Stopped working again, not sure what is going on.  Will need to dig around a bit, maybe an issue parsing my news feed.

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, jbear said:

Stopped working again, not sure what is going on.  Will need to dig around a bit, maybe an issue parsing my news feed.

Stopped working for me again on 5/25, will dig into the logs and see if I can find out why.

20 hours ago, jbear said:

Stopped working for me again on 5/25, will dig into the logs and see if I can find out why.

confirmed i saw the same, tracked it back to a bug in third party python package imdbpie, updated the package and this fixed it up, currently building the image.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Binhex,

I have been using MG for a very very long time, since way back in the day when you primarily posted on SABnzbd forums for support.   Just want to echo support for MG as I really prefer the fully automated via ratings and genre parameters method!!  

MG is kinda working for me right now, so thought I would post with some specifics just to check-in and see where things stood.  Main issue is that i get very few movies showing in the history section.  The few that show will download if the a movie meets criteria but I fear I am missing out on a lot of downloads as so few movies show and they don't change, meaning if I look tomorrow, maybe 1 or 2 new movies but mostly same small list.

- Using your unraid docker

- version in upper right reads 2.2.1.0

- I have NZB.su, NZBS.org and Oznzb.com configured as index sites.

- I turned off NZBs.org as I was getting errors in the log.

- Cleaned out log, rebooted and clicked run.  Find only one line in main log

2018-09-01 16:51:31,614 WARNING search_index_thread_custom_1 mg_imdb_imdbpie imdb_json_api :: failed to download json for imdb writers

Many thanks for any time you can spare to work on MG and keep it going!!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:03 AM, pilgrimHK said:

Hi Binhex,

I have been using MG for a very very long time, since way back in the day when you primarily posted on SABnzbd forums for support.   Just want to echo support for MG as I really prefer the fully automated via ratings and genre parameters method!!  

MG is kinda working for me right now, so thought I would post with some specifics just to check-in and see where things stood.  Main issue is that i get very few movies showing in the history section.  The few that show will download if the a movie meets criteria but I fear I am missing out on a lot of downloads as so few movies show and they don't change, meaning if I look tomorrow, maybe 1 or 2 new movies but mostly same small list.

- Using your unraid docker

- version in upper right reads 2.2.1.0

- I have NZB.su, NZBS.org and Oznzb.com configured as index sites.

- I turned off NZBs.org as I was getting errors in the log.

- Cleaned out log, rebooted and clicked run.  Find only one line in main log

Many thanks for any time you can spare to work on MG and keep it going!!

ahh one of the few faithful :-), yep MG is still in use quite heavily by myself, and my master plan is a complete re-write, i wrote MG a long time ago and ive learnt a lot since that time, but the core beating heart of MG is going to remain the same, automated downloads via imdb criteria, so dont worry about that.

my main problem is one of time, to do the re-write is a massive undertaking, ive started on it but its going to be a long way off yet before i will be ready to release, obviously i dont want to put too much time into the older MG, and as your issue is usenet related and i dont have a usenet subscription at the mo (using MG with torrent support), its going to be hard for me to test any fixes.