[Support] binhex - NZBGet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to continue with the permissions thing, I too am having this issue, for a few months now. I have umask set to 000, and it creates folders fine:

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 50 Dec  5 14:40 Some_Folder_Name

but the files that are extracted aren't so great:

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 260M Jun 26  2021 some_file_name.mkv

I have a script that runs via cron to chmod the files, once they have permissions of 777, sonarr/radarr etc.. will pick up the file within a few seconds. .. But this isn't really an ideal solution. Folders all the way back to /mnt/user/Downloads are permission 777.

script is just:

chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/Downloads/Complete

Edited by kharntiitar
  • 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

@binhexHave you seen the new fork? https://github.com/nzbget-ng/nzbget

Would you consider spinning up a new container, hopefully with the ability to migrate from this one?

I don't know how much is different, but apparently the old project isn't being updated any more? Or at least that's what is implied.

i wasn't aware of the fork nope, i can take a look, maybe the fork won't have the same issue as this one with unpack issue, i can but hope.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I saw some other posts concern the nzbget process being stuck at 100% but I didn't see a solution. I'm having this problem myself on a fresh install. Haven't configured any servers and haven't even started to download anything. The process should be completely idle. Anyone have any thoughts what's going on?

10 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

I saw some other posts concern the nzbget process being stuck at 100% but I didn't see a solution. I'm having this problem myself on a fresh install. Haven't configured any servers and haven't even started to download anything. The process should be completely idle. Anyone have any thoughts what's going on?

the known issue is triggered when running PAR and/or unrar, if you haven't downloaded anything then this is a different issue.

6 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

I'm also seeing this TLS error right off the bat of a fresh install as well.

sounds like an out of date self signed cert, you would need to re-generate a new cert - one thing to note is that development of nzbget has stopped (github repo archived), not sure what the future of this application is yet but things like certs expiring is def going to happen going forward.

On 5/5/2023 at 2:57 AM, binhex said:

the known issue is triggered when running PAR and/or unrar, if you haven't downloaded anything then this is a different issue.

sounds like an out of date self signed cert, you would need to re-generate a new cert - one thing to note is that development of nzbget has stopped (github repo archived), not sure what the future of this application is yet but things like certs expiring is def going to happen going forward.

Oh! I didn't realize support/development had ended. What's the preferred usenet downloader these days?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 9:54 AM, binhex said:

It's this or sabnzbd, those are the only two mainstream options

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

do you intend on updating the certs yourself? Mine finally gave up and I cant get it to connect securely.

Other than that, any recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks for your continued work :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 4:23 PM, sverker670 said:

Opened a console for Nzbget and ran following command.

cd /usr/local/bin/nzbget/ && curl https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem > cacert.pem

That fixed my issues with outdated certs.

Just did that....

Connection to api.nzbgeek.info failed: Error 99 - Cannot assign requested address

It's weird...my Sonarr and Radarr can hit the servers both nzbget and drunkenslug just fine...the "test" button shows a check...difference is on the webgui it shows https://XXXXXXXXXX  where as nzbget and sabnzbd won't let you set it (even though you can set the port and set SSL support)

My network/DNS can hit those news servers just fine...just the downloader/s are busted

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Today I noticed that my binhex-nzbget was stopped. I tried to start it and got the following:

image.png.f3c60c827b615e60e1d9f8e009c81672.png

There is nothing in the docker logs and nothing written to syslog.  The website no longer comes up either.

Any Ideas?

If I uninstall and reinstall the docker will it keep my settings or no?

Edited by lync
added question