[Support] binhex - NZBGet

10 hours ago, binhex said:

and the verdict is?....:-)

No luck here. I switched binhex-nzbget back to "latest", version 20.0-1-02 was installed, and the first file it handled was downloaded, underwent a quick repair, then seemed to get stuck on unpacking. Back in binhex-sonarr (latest, 2.0.0.5228-1-01), activity showed a pause icon on that file. Things remained that way for at least 15 minutes (usually takes seconds on this machine) before I paused the remaining downloads and reverted NZBget to 19.1-1-02. That same file was then almost instantly handed back to/processed by Sonarr and seems perfectly fine. Subsequent downloads were also processed normally.

Anything I can test, specifically?

10 hours ago, KernelG said:

No luck here. I switched binhex-nzbget back to "latest", version 20.0-1-02 was installed, and the first file it handled was downloaded, underwent a quick repair, then seemed to get stuck on unpacking. Back in binhex-sonarr (latest, 2.0.0.5228-1-01), activity showed a pause icon on that file. Things remained that way for at least 15 minutes (usually takes seconds on this machine) before I paused the remaining downloads and reverted NZBget to 19.1-1-02. That same file was then almost instantly handed back to/processed by Sonarr and seems perfectly fine. Subsequent downloads were also processed normally.

as far as i know the issue is only around unpacking using unrar, so really the only test is to attempt a download and ensure it can unpack, if not then at the moment my feeling is that there is some incompatibility with nzbget and the latest stable version of unrar. 

so later today i will create a tested tagged docker image with the earlier version of unrar, if that does indeed 'fix' the issue then maybe we can feed this back to the nzbget devs to take a look at their code and the way it interfaces with unrar.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, KernelG said:

Same here. Thought it was working but came home to a clogged up queue.

I tried unpacking manually within the container CLI before and it worked even though it got stuck in NZBget. I'll go back to old repo for now. 

On 7/4/2018 at 4:11 AM, binhex said:

as far as i know the issue is only around unpacking using unrar, so really the only test is to attempt a download and ensure it can unpack, if not then at the moment my feeling is that there is some incompatibility with nzbget and the latest stable version of unrar. 

so later today i will create a tested tagged docker image with the earlier version of unrar, if that does indeed 'fix' the issue then maybe we can feed this back to the nzbget devs to take a look at their code and the way it interfaces with unrar.

Thanks for looking into it!

• Like 1

I have a very strange problem 

So I have NzbGet, Radarr & Sonarr working perfectly for months but recently I noticed nothing is being downloaded so when I checked 

I found out that Radarr cannot connect to NzbGet 

When I tested the connection in Radarr I got the following error message "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to NZBGet. Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure"

So can anyone tell me how to solve this? 

Keep in mind this setup was working perfectly for months.... I have changed nothing in my server... All I did is I setup deluge and started using it as a torrent downloader but no VPN and no Proxy. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, livingonline8 said:

So I have NzbGet, Radarr & Sonarr working perfectly for months but recently I noticed nothing is being downloaded so when I checked 

I found out that Radarr cannot connect to NzbGet 

When I tested the connection in Radarr I got the following error message "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to NZBGet. Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure"

You post prompted me to check my radarr and I had the exact problem (same situation too, no config changes for months, only automatic container updates).

- If I restart the container, the download client test works perfectly.

- If I send a movie download request over to NZBGet, I get the error message (although the request gets to NZBGet and starts downloading)

- If I try the download client test again, it now fails with the same error message. If I restart container I'm back to step one.

I eventually fixed it by deleting the container and image, then re-installing via CA. Quick and painless, all settings retained, annoying error message gone. 

Edited by Jorgen
On 7/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, Jorgen said:

I eventually fixed it by deleting the container and image, then re-installing via CA. Quick and painless, all settings retained, annoying error message gone. 

Spoke too soon, problem has come back overnight. Deleting the Radarr container+image and re-installing fixed it again.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, staylor34 said:

Just updated to the latest version today after getting notification of an update, now getting an error 404 trying to access the UI?  Restarted and no change. 

Abhh i forgot about the WebDir location change, ive just put in a command to auto switch this for you, please pull down latest image.

I had the same issue and managed to get the webui up and running by editing the appdata\binhex-nzbget\nzbget.conf file as follows:

- I edited the file and changed the line with "WebDir=/usr/share/nzbget/webui" to "WebDir=/usr/local/bin/nzbget/webui"

- Restarted the docker

- WebUi was accessible.

BUT  when accessing settings it showed an error: "Loading configuration failed". I fixed this as follows:

- I then edited the file again and edited "ConfigTemplate=/usr/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf" to "ConfigTemplate=/usr/local/bin/nzbget/nzbget.conf"

- Restarted the docker again

- Everything seems to work.

Hopefully I won't have to make manual changes again when a proper fix comes.

45 minutes ago, Ubik said:

I had the same issue and managed to get the webui up and running by editing the appdata\binhex-nzbget\nzbget.conf file as follows:

- I edited the file and changed the line with "WebDir=/usr/share/nzbget/webui" to "WebDir=/usr/local/bin/nzbget/webui"

- Restarted the docker

- WebUi was accessible.

BUT  when accessing settings it showed an error: "Loading configuration failed". I fixed this as follows:

- I then edited the file again and edited "ConfigTemplate=/usr/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf" to "ConfigTemplate=/usr/local/bin/nzbget/nzbget.conf"

This solved it for me as well, thanks for working out a quick fix!

7 hours ago, binhex said:

Abhh i forgot about the WebDir location change, ive just put in a command to auto switch this for you, please pull down latest image.

I pulled latest and had same issue.  Did manual edits and seems to work.  Does this version have a fix the stalled downloading that was happening before?

4 hours ago, rmilyard said:

Well I installed latest and still does that unpack file and delete and do it again.  Gets stuck in this loop.  Going back to 19.1-1-02

If you wish to experiment, try this.

Go back to the current version, get the webui back up, then click on the airplane to set a download limit. Set it to something like 1/4 of your max speed, or 2,000KB/s, whichever is less. Run a download through and see what happens. If it works, up the limit by 1,000KB/s until it starts choking.

The particular machine I'm experimenting on starts having issues above 6,000KB/s, and my unthrottled rate is around 25,000KB/s.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Go back to the current version, get the webui back up, then click on the airplane to set a download limit. Set it to something like 1/4 of your max speed, or 2,000KB/s, whichever is less. Run a download through and see what happens. If it works, up the limit by 1,000KB/s until it starts choking.

The particular machine I'm experimenting on starts having issues above 6,000KB/s, and my unthrottled rate is around 25,000KB/s.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Would this cause the issue unpacking?  It seems download fine it’s during the unpacking file. It’s completes then just starts over again and keeps repeating. 

7 minutes ago, rmilyard said:

Would this cause the issue unpacking?  It seems download fine it’s during the unpacking file. It’s completes then just starts over again and keeps repeating. 

<shrug> It solved the issues I was having with failed unpacking. Couldn't hurt to try, might help?

- Restarted the docker
- WebUi was accessible.

Sorry guys I'm currently away for a couple of days, so this is going to have to wait, thanks a ton for the detailed fix.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The fix is now 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ubik said:

This fix is now in and new image has been built.

Do you know if the part for unpacking files and deleting it and doing it again in endless loop was fixed?
I still don't know what is causing it, but this new image is based off a refreshed base image so it MIGHT be now fixed, give it a whirl and see how you get on.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

The fix is now 

This fix is now in and new image has been built.

Thank you Binhex for I waited for a fix to update my other unraid servers. Running 6.5.2 Pro but it seems that the fix didn't work for me when I tried to update the first one that now still gives me the error 404. 

So for the moment I'm still in the same boat. Any suggestions I should do to fix my problem and not loose GUI on my last server?

Thank you for your time and this great version.

Thank you Binhex for I waited for a fix to update my other unraid servers. Running 6.5.2 Pro but it seems that the fix didn't work for me when I tried to update the first one that now still gives me the error 404. 
So for the moment I'm still in the same boat. Any suggestions I should do to fix my problem and not loose GUI on my last server?
Thank you for your time and this great version.

Ok please post your /config/nzbget.conf file, watch out for anything sensitive in it before posting.

9 hours ago, binhex said:

Ok please post your /config/nzbget.conf file, watch out for anything sensitive in it before posting.

I think I cleared it out correctly. I hope so

Thank you

Edited by Splatman2
In case file had info