[Support] binhex - NZBGet

Hi, I have a general question about this container size. Could use some advice.

I recently installed the container, and started getting notices that my docker.img file was very full. Original file size was 20G, so I increased it to 30G and all notices stopped. Looking at the Docker Container Size shows the binhex-nzbget container size to be 10.3GB.

My Question: Is this the normal size for this container? Next Largest container is binhex-emby, considerably smaller. No other container is close to this size.

I am attaching the Container size and device mappings screenshots for reference.

Container Size.jpg

Device Mappings.jpg

Squid, Thanks for the quick response. I have tried to see what is misconfigured, but do not see it. I have compared this container mappings to my sabnzb container, which appears to be mapped correctly, and cannot identify the problem. I am attaching the paths page of the container. Can you identify which setting is incorrect? Thanks in advance.1511936340_nzbgetpaths.thumb.jpg.e8b6ebd05066df0d32588592ab11d3e3.jpg

Update: Just checked Docker Container Size again before trying your suggested changes, and it appears that all is OK now.

binhex-nzbget 738 MB 13.8 MB 7.51 kB

The only thing I did was change the port mapping & change it back to create the run command, so not sure but it appears that corrected the issue.

I can now reduce docker image size.

Thanks for the help.

I'm completely confused about how my path settings should look in nzbget and how those paths map to the docker config?

Is there anyone able to post up screenshots of unraid docker settings and also nzbget path settings for a quick howto?

FWIW ... i have just one folder 'media' mapped on both BUT this means contention when unpacking, it takes ages, and i dont seem to be able/allowed/ capable of mapping a different folder/disk? for the /inter folder altogether because i keep getting 'permissions failures on docker config file' so there's definitely something i'm doing wrong.

Just need to see a 'working' set of configs to be able to get my head around things, anyone?

Thanks!!

Hello all. I got an issue that seems to be linked to this docker. I'm not sure how but it seems to get some error(found in sys log) and then it slows the rest of the server to crawl. I think it is related to the network traffic and NZBGET slows the other dockers(and Unraid UI) down because of the network connection being slowed(the dockers are likely fine, but the server cant respond to my requests since they are unable to get out. kinda like a DDOS attack.) i will post the sys log error i see below. Also, I was able to resolve the issue(so far) with a forced update on the docker ever though i was on the current version already. 

side notes,

---my server is named "AeroServer2" and the LAN IP is 192.168.86.49

---NZBGET port is 6789

error 1-

Sep 30 16:47:18 AeroServer2 nginx: 2019/09/30 16:47:18 [error] 6789#6789: *5946265 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.86.173, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/Events.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.86.49", referrer: "http://192.168.86.49/Docker"

error 2-

Sep 30 16:52:51 AeroServer2 nginx: 2019/09/30 16:52:51 [error] 6789#6789: *5948017 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"
Sep 30 16:52:51 AeroServer2 nginx: 2019/09/30 16:52:51 [error] 6789#6789: *5948019 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "localhost"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

So this one has been driving me nuts and I can't seem to rectify the issue with reinstalls etc. everything still 'works' just crashes every 30 seconds of so. IT then pisses off my news groups and they won't allow new connections.

The internet so far has let me down. I did see someone had the same issue on page 2 of this post but I still have full access to the web address and changing settings works fine.

No encription

all other things connect fine. it runs fine when everything is paused. what other information would you guys like?

2019-10-12 13:35:20,481 INFO success: nzbget entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-10-12 13:35:31,596 DEBG 'nzbget' stderr output:
/home/nobody/start.sh: line 26: 3713 Killed /usr/local/bin/nzbget/nzbget -c /config/nzbget.conf -s 1>&-

2019-10-12 13:35:31,597 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22550008935920 for <Subprocess at 22550008852632 with name nzbget in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-10-12 13:35:31,597 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22550008855296 for <Subprocess at 22550008852632 with name nzbget in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-10-12 13:35:31,597 INFO exited: nzbget (exit status 137; not expected)
2019-10-12 13:35:31,597 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-10-12 13:35:32,599 INFO spawned: 'nzbget' with pid 5087
2019-10-12 13:35:32,611 DEBG 'nzbget' stdout output:
[info] NZBGet configuration file exists

2019-10-12 13:35:32,611 DEBG 'nzbget' stdout output:
[info] Patching NZBGet config file for WebDir and ConfigTemplate locations...

2019-10-12 13:35:33,612 INFO success: nzbget entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-10-12 13:35:45,223 DEBG 'nzbget' stderr output:
/home/nobody/start.sh: line 26: 5090 Killed /usr/local/bin/nzbget/nzbget -c /config/nzbget.conf -s 1>&-

2019-10-12 13:35:45,223 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22550008935920 for <Subprocess at 22550008852632 with name nzbget in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-10-12 13:35:45,223 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22550025298072 for <Subprocess at 22550008852632 with name nzbget in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-10-12 13:35:45,223 INFO exited: nzbget (exit status 137; not expected)
2019-10-12 13:35:45,226 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-10-12 13:35:45,243 INFO spawned: 'nzbget' with pid 6462
2019-10-12 13:35:45,333 DEBG 'nzbget' stdout output:
[info] NZBGet configuration file exists

2019-10-12 13:35:45,333 DEBG 'nzbget' stdout output:
[info] Patching NZBGet config file for WebDir and ConfigTemplate locations...

2019-10-12 13:35:46,334 INFO success: nzbget entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Any updates on this Nzbget stuck unpacking issue? I've seen several users mention this issue within this thread but no clear fix. I have this happen to me several times a day. Only solution is to restart the container. I setup a cron job to restart every 30 minutes but this more of a band-aid. For example, if something starts to download a minute after restart and gets stuck it can be another 29 minutes before the docker restarts all the while my cache drive is getting very hot. Do other versions of nzbget or Sab have this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by protools718
grammar errors
On 10/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, protools718 said:

Hi,

Any updates on this Nzbget stuck unpacking issue? I've seen several users mention this issue within this thread but no clear fix. I have this happen to me several times a day. Only solution is to restart the container. I setup a cron job to restart every 30 minutes but this more of a band-aid. For example, if something starts to download a minute after restart and gets stuck it can be another 29 minutes before the docker restarts all the while my cache drive is getting very hot. Do other versions of nzbget or Sab have this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you.  My binhex/nzbget also hangs on unpacking.  Any updates on the issues, is there anything we can do such as try to give logs to aid in the correction of this issue?

21 hours ago, Apex said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  My binhex/nzbget also hangs on unpacking.  Any updates on the issues, is there anything we can do such as try to give logs to aid in the correction of this issue?

ive tried multiple changes to try and work out what is causing this and as of yet i still havent found the root cause, so at the moment this is still an issue.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 7:23 AM, binhex said:

ive tried multiple changes to try and work out what is causing this and as of yet i still havent found the root cause, so at the moment this is still an issue.

I think I *may* have found something that might have made the issue not happen. I'm not 100% sure. Still in testing mode, but it's been 4 days, 6 total eps, and none have gotten stuck on unpacking. 2 files Tues, 0 files Wed, 2 files Thurs, and 2 files Fri.

I'll run through steps. So Tuesday after supper I downloaded a movie. I wasn't sure if it finished unpacking properly so I went to the History tab and saw it was a success. I then clicked on the Name, and it opened up the info modal/window for the file. I then left that tab, checked Plex tab and confirmed the movie was there. Thursday night I realized I better go check if any files are stuck on unpacking. Checked Sonarr and saw they were downloaded and moved fine. Went back to NZBGet tab and realized that firstly, the tab hadn't lost connection, which happens fairly often, and secondly that I hadn't closed the modal. I closed it, to check the 4 files that got downloaded and they seemed fine, so on a hunch I clicked the name of the movie again and left the modal open. Friday at lunch noticed 2 more files downloaded and unpacked successfully.

I'm not sure if something in the modal, would cause it to "keep connection" or something, but figured I'd let you know since I can't recall if it's ever gone a day without getting stuck on a file.

NZBGet is currently up to date, and I have it on manual update and haven't updated in this timeframe. Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

I'd be curious to see if anyone else would be willing in trying the above to see if it can be replicated at all or if it's just a random fluke on my end.

Edit:
Follow-up for Saturday/Sunday. I manually added a movie on Saturday, ended up not leaving the tab with an info window open. No shows downloaded on Sat, but on Sun 2 episodes downloaded and 2 got hung on unpacking. Had to restart container to fix.

Edited by Alkapwn
Added updated info
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been reading through this thread about the random unpacking failure with nzbget. I too started experiencing it about 2 weeks ago, at the time using the linuxserver.io container. After reading through their support thread, it appears that this issue affects both it and the binhex container. I've been using the binhex container for a few days to try and troubleshoot but now the issue is occurring very frequently. Scheduling restarts of the container every 30 minutes or 60 minutes hasn't worked as one of the downloads has been stuck repairing and the time estimate is more than 1hr. Every time the container restarts, the repair process kicks off again.

I'm about to manually use the par commands on my Windows or Mac box to try the repair instead, but in the meantime other downloads have failed unpacking and are also looking like they need repair. No reports of health issues during the downloads so I wonder why the par checks are failing when they shouldn't and if that's part of the cause for stuck unpacks.

I'm thinking of trying a sabnbzd container next but thought I'd at least post my comments. I can post some logs if required.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, Alkapwn said:

I think I *may* have found something that might have made the issue not happen. I'm not 100% sure. Still in testing mode, but it's been 4 days, 6 total eps, and none have gotten stuck on unpacking. 2 files Tues, 0 files Wed, 2 files Thurs, and 2 files Fri.

I'll run through steps. So Tuesday after supper I downloaded a movie. I wasn't sure if it finished unpacking properly so I went to the History tab and saw it was a success. I then clicked on the Name, and it opened up the info modal/window for the file. I then left that tab, checked Plex tab and confirmed the movie was there. Thursday night I realized I better go check if any files are stuck on unpacking. Checked Sonarr and saw they were downloaded and moved fine. Went back to NZBGet tab and realized that firstly, the tab hadn't lost connection, which happens fairly often, and secondly that I hadn't closed the modal. I closed it, to check the 4 files that got downloaded and they seemed fine, so on a hunch I clicked the name of the movie again and left the modal open. Friday at lunch noticed 2 more files downloaded and unpacked successfully.

I'm not sure if something in the modal, would cause it to "keep connection" or something, but figured I'd let you know since I can't recall if it's ever gone a day without getting stuck on a file.

NZBGet is currently up to date, and I have it on manual update and haven't updated in this timeframe. Hopefully this helps.

@jonathanm i dont suppose you would be kind enough to see if you can try this out? it might lead me to finding out what the underlying issue is, it sounds a bit odd but hey worth a go right?.