[Support] binhex - NZBGet

4 minutes ago, EvilTiger said:

I assume I need to remove the directories that were created within the container.

Yep. Or just delete the docker.img file and use the previous apps section of CA to reinstall. Personally after messing up the docker.img file I'd rather recreate from scratch, it only takes a few minutes and you know you have a clean base.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help here.

Ive switched from the linuxserver version of nzbget to binhex.

Now Sonarr can't find the downloaded files.

It seems as if the mapping for /data in the container does not work.

The download is within the container at /usr/local/bin/nzbget/downloads/completed.

And after completion it is clear that Sonarr cant find the file thats within the container.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mf808 said:

I need some help here.

Ive switched from the linuxserver version of nzbget to binhex.

Now Sonarr can't find the downloaded files.

It seems as if the mapping for /data in the container does not work.

The download is within the container at /usr/local/bin/nzbget/downloads/completed.

And after completion it is clear that Sonarr cant find the file thats within the container.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

You need to set the download path (Host Path 2 in the binhex/nzbget config) to a location that's accessible by Sonarr/Radarr/etc. Locations inside the container aren't easily accessible by other apps. You also shouldn't save downloads into the container as it will fill quickly and your container will crash. Set the download location to a folder/share that's available on your unRAID setup.

As an example, I created a share/folder called Completed on my unRAID. I then modified the binhex/nzbget config: changed the /data mountpoint label to /Completed and set the path to /mnt/user/Completed. Then in the config for Nzbget (Settings) under Paths, set MainDir to /config and DestDir to /Completed.

Then setup the same path/mountpoint (i.e. /Completed pointing to /mnt/user/Completed in my case) for your Sonarr/Radarr/etc container so it can scan and watch for completed downloads.

Edited by AgentXXL
Clarification

Thanks.

I got it fixed. 

Issue was the binhex nzbget as $APPDIR configured for the main directory. This should only point to /data, which is the folder that get mounted during container creation.

Theoretically this should be set as a standard in the binhex-nzbget image.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

i broke something in nzbget so i decided to start over which seems like a big mistake it all started when the web ui disapeared so i started from scratch and now i get this error in sonnar Billions.S05E06.2160p.WEB.h265-NiXON

No files found are eligible for import in /usr/local/bin/nzbget/downloads/completed/Series/Billions.S05E06.2160p.WEB.h265-NiXON

I think i know longer have read and write permission can someone please explain how i get it back i don't remember changing any settings 

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, jonathanm said:

Zero intervention required. I've had the following as a user scripts entry running hourly for probably a year.

#!/bin/bash
docker restart binhex-nzbget

Never have to touch it.

Thank you SOOOOOO much!  I'm a newbie to Unraid and been searching for days trying to find a fix for the unpacking issue.  Setup the script earlier today and its working like a dream now.

Hi, everyone!  I'm having an issue hopefully someone can help me out with.

I can't for the life of me get into this Docker container.  I've stopped it then restarted it, completely removed it and reinstalled it, everything I can think of and I just get this:
image.png.ab8d3e073f5f9c77428d02704373263c.png

I'm not sure what changed, but all of a sudden, that's all I get.  Anyone else have this happen?

3 hours ago, rmp5s said:

Hi, everyone!  I'm having an issue hopefully someone can help me out with.

I can't for the life of me get into this Docker container.  I've stopped it then restarted it, completely removed it and reinstalled it, everything I can think of and I just get this:
image.png.ab8d3e073f5f9c77428d02704373263c.png

I'm not sure what changed, but all of a sudden, that's all I get.  Anyone else have this happen?

I'm having similar issues with a few docker containers... very slow to start up and reach the running state. Go to the Dashboard tab for your unRAID, click on the binhex-NZBGet docker icon and choose 'Logs'. Your log should show if NZBGet started properly. Here's a snip of a successful start of the container:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-07-12 12:10:28.221941 [info] System information Linux 0383f36b1e6c 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-07-12 12:10:28.271936 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-07-12 12:10:28.332750 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-07-12 12:10:28.476486 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-07-12 12:10:28.528564 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-07-12 12:10:28.571535 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-07-12 12:10:28,868 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/nzbget.conf" during parsing
2020-07-12 12:10:28,868 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-07-12 12:10:28,872 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2020-07-12 12:10:29,874 INFO spawned: 'nzbget' with pid 41
2020-07-12 12:10:29,874 INFO reaped unknown pid 7
2020-07-12 12:10:29,894 DEBG 'nzbget' stdout output:
[info] NZBGet configuration file exists
[info] Patching NZBGet config file for WebDir and ConfigTemplate locations...

2020-07-12 12:10:30,895 INFO success: nzbget entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

I'm seeing similar issues with the Firefox docker container where it's VERY slow to process the container startup scripts. I haven't come across a solution yet so I patiently wait until the system shows the successful start in the logs before attempting to open the web UI. At least looking at the logs may give you a clue as to why it's taking so long to startup.

Hi All

I have an issue connecting to my News Server, appears (from what I can see) that the Root CAs are not loaded correctly from the binhex nzbget docker configuration.

I can see the cert etc from the UnRaid terminal via openSSL etc, so I know connectivity is good.

How can I add the CA, which I have downloaded from https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

My configuration of my new server is good WRT authentication and am using port 563 for SSL.

image.png.021eb7d680eab91836c74657e3901eca.png

Thanks

On 7/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, AgentXXL said:

I'm having similar issues with a few docker containers... very slow to start up and reach the running state. Go to the Dashboard tab for your unRAID, click on the binhex-NZBGet docker icon and choose 'Logs'. Your log should show if NZBGet started properly. Here's a snip of a successful start of the container:

I'm seeing similar issues with the Firefox docker container where it's VERY slow to process the container startup scripts. I haven't come across a solution yet so I patiently wait until the system shows the successful start in the logs before attempting to open the web UI. At least looking at the logs may give you a clue as to why it's taking so long to startup.

Yup...the log shows it's starting and running as you showed but the UI still won't connect. I don't really care about the UI...is there another way to get into the thing? I need to add some stuff to download.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Guys looks like I am having the dreaded unpacking issue with the NZBGET docker container. Does anyone know of a fix for this yet?

I think the commonly accepted workaround is to restart the docker once a day. Using CA User Scripts to automate it.

No one has ever been able to pinpoint the root cause, and it doesn’t affect everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data//completed/Series/Marvels.******

What Im doing wrong? I have tried alot of things. The Setup is same as I use for Deluge that works fine with Sonarr. But with NZBGet I have problem with the double slash and missing a subfolder its tries to find the file to import.

The file is in /data/nzbget/compledet/Series, but why does it not see the nzbget subfolder?

Unraid docker setup for nzbget: https://ibb.co/9Y8tqnM 

Unraid docker setup for Sonarr: https://ibb.co/gvwGyrQ

NzbGet setup Paths: https://ibb.co/74125pr

Something im doing wrong?

8 minutes ago, ChillZwix said:

What Im doing wrong?

Instead of linking to unknown external sites, please attach directly to your post. Also, when posting your docker setup, instead of screenshot of that page, it is better and more complete to post the docker run command as explained at this very first link in the docker FAQ:

• 3 weeks later...

All,

I have a general question on binhex-nzbget and how it deals with leftover files after a successful download.

Directory Layout on my server (partial):

image.png.cdaf066c7f0fc494c674abf323d6088b.png

I download to \inter directory (1) and then when the files are sorted and unpacked it moves the video file plus any other files such as .nfo files to the 

final directory \downloads\dst\tvseries (2a) or \movie (2b)based on category name.

I leaves nothing behind in the \inter directory.

But when Sonarr moves the completed file to its final resting place in media, it leaves behind all of the files in the \Downloads\dst\tvseries (2a) or \movie (2b) directory after a successful transfer.

Is there a setting or script that regularly deletes these files from the final \Downloads\dst\tvseries or \movie directory? OR is there a function that does this later?

I would imagine that the directory would get fairly large if you download a lot.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

47 minutes ago, toolmanz said:

All,

I have a general question on binhex-nzbget and how it deals with leftover files after a successful download.

Directory Layout on my server (partial):

image.png.cdaf066c7f0fc494c674abf323d6088b.png

I download to \inter directory (1) and then when the files are sorted and unpacked it moves the video file plus any other files such as .nfo files to the 

final directory \downloads\dst\tvseries (2a) or \movie (2b)based on category name.

I leaves nothing behind in the \inter directory.

But when Sonarr moves the completed file to its final resting place in media, it leaves behind all of the files in the \Downloads\dst\tvseries (2a) or \movie (2b) directory after a successful transfer.

Is there a setting or script that regularly deletes these files from the final \Downloads\dst\tvseries or \movie directory? OR is there a function that does this later?

I would imagine that the directory would get fairly large if you download a lot.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

Deletion is handled by Sonarr/Radarr once it has the files copied over - you'll need to check over there.  https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Completed-Download-Handling

• 5 weeks later...

I'm trying to run this docker through binhex-privoxyvpn.  It will work fine when run directly, however, when I set Network Type to "None" and enter --net=container:binhex-privoxyvpn, it will not connect.  Connects fine when run direct.  Any thoughts on a step I might be missing?  I seem to be connecting binhex-privoxyvpn just fine as I am getting a VPN IP address, but nzbget just will not connect through it.

Appreciate any help.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Without digging through PRs and change logs you might need to be on 6.9 to set no network and be able to override it in extra parameters

Thanks for the reply. I'm on 6.8.3 and just did a "New Config".  Before doing so, it worked fine by going to the advanced settings, setting network type to "None" and using the extra parameter of --net=container:binhex-privoxyvpn.  Could I have messed something up when doing the New Config.  I thought that essentially erased everything.

36 minutes ago, BigMal said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm on 6.8.3 and just did a "New Config".  Before doing so, it worked fine by going to the advanced settings, setting network type to "None" and using the extra parameter of --net=container:binhex-privoxyvpn.  Could I have messed something up when doing the New Config.  I thought that essentially erased everything.

Well, I figured it out.  My issue was that I was failing to setup the additional port on privoxyvpn to allow nzbget's port 6789 to route through it

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Just after I posted this I tried the old 'whereis' command from the nzbget console shell. I issued the command 'whereis nzbget' and sure enough I now found it in usr/local/bin/nzbget. And yes, the default scripts folder is located there so at least half my problem is resolved. Now I just need to determine if Python and lxml are installed. It appears the default scripts (Email and Logger) are also written in Python so it's likely already installed. Just need to ensure it's Python 3.x and that the lxml toolkit is also installed.

Note: see next message in this topic for a progress update.

Start of original message:

I'm sure I'll remember how once I'm told, but I'm having a problem locating the 'scripts' folder in the binhex-nzbget docker container. As shown in the attached screenshot from nzbget settings, the scripts path (and webdir path) is prefaced with $(AppDir), whereas the other folders are prefaced with $(MainDir).

nzbget-paths.thumb.jpg.fe98e14d97b21e923cfe6d9879c4d926.jpg

It's easy to find the folders from $(MainDir) under the appdata folder for binhex-nzbget. But for all my effort I can't seem to find the folders prefaced by $(AppDir). Sure I could create my own 'scripts' folder by changing the path in settings to $(MainDir) but that would invalidate any scripts already in the container.

I need to add a custom script to handle the nzb files from a particular nzb indexer. The script is written in Python so I also need to ensure that Python 3.x is installed. I've opened the shell console for the binhex-nzbget container and have searched through almost every folder I can access to try and find out where $(AppDir) points to.

If anyone can help out with locating this folder path, I'd appreciate it. It's likely so obvious I'm overlooking it. Also, I'd like to know if installing Python 3.x and the lxml toolkit for Python is done on the host unRAID OS or if it has to be built into the binhex-nzbget container?

Any pointers appreciated.. thanks!

Edited by AgentXXL
Found the scripts folder - yay!!

I've made a little progress but now I'm stuck again. I use a Mac for most of my tasks and forgot that Textedit works in rich text mode by default. I reloaded my script, converted to plain text and saved. I then re-added the script to the binhex-nzbget container.

It's now trying to process the nzb, but can't proceed due to the missing lxml toolkit. Alas neither of the commands given work when issued in the nzbget console shell (command not found errors). See the error below:

error Fri Oct 09 2020 20:25:41 xxxxxx: Python lxml required. Please install with "sudo apt install python-lxml" or "pip install lxml".

So until I can figure out how to add the lxml toolkit to the docker container, I'm out of luck. @binhex - is there any hope of getting the python-lxml toolkit added to the binhex-nzbget container?

If not, I'm thinking about creating a new docker to pre-process the nzb files and then feed them to the binhex-nzget container. If anyone has input on adding python-lxml to the binhex-nzbget container or even a pre-processing container, let me know. Thanks!