[Support] binhex - Plex

Plex seems to be working fine and I haven't gotten any complaints from my family accessing it remotely...but I was looking through the logs of all of my dockers and found the below in Plex's.   I've google searched for the DEBG blah blah no such file or directory error but can't seem to find anything helpful.  I check my container config. (even advanced view) and I can't find where "plexmediaserver" is referenced so I'm not sure why Plex is looking for it.  Does anyone happen to know what might be causing this and how to correct it?  I've included all of the log entries for 1/30 below.

TIA

2022-01-30 04:06:11,374 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
__code__:194: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.

2022-01-30 04:15:04,011 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-f11334058/LocalMedia.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/mutagen/_id3frames.py:125: ID3Warning: Leftover data: WORS: 'http://tolomada.heavenforum.com/' (from '\x00http://tolomada.heavenforum.com/')
ID3Warning)

2022-01-30 04:22:18,179 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
ERROR: Error decoding audio frame (Invalid data found when processing input)
ERROR: Not enough audio data

2022-01-30 04:22:18,185 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 04:22:30,364 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 04:22:30,372 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 18:15:22,319 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
Unable to open: No such file or directory (2)

2022-01-30 18:15:29,557 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 18:15:29,558 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:03:13,457 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:03:13,499 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:30,611 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:30,650 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:39,964 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:40,132 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:10:20,666 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:10:20,723 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-31 12:35:51,536 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
connect: Operation timed out

Last week, I woke up to my Plex Server not starting. After a bit of Googling, I copied the appdata folder, deleted the binhex-plexpass docker and reinstalled it, restoring the appdata folder. I have restored the paths for my media, and all of that appears to be working. At some point in the process, my ability to transcode to the iGPU was broken and I have been unable to restore it. I no longer have the /dev/dri folder, I have attempted to go back through the process of enabling the iGPU but that folder is not being found no matter what I try. Has anyone else experienced any of this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:58 PM, RichJacot said:

Plex seems to be working fine and I haven't gotten any complaints from my family accessing it remotely...but I was looking through the logs of all of my dockers and found the below in Plex's.   I've google searched for the DEBG blah blah no such file or directory error but can't seem to find anything helpful.  I check my container config. (even advanced view) and I can't find where "plexmediaserver" is referenced so I'm not sure why Plex is looking for it.  Does anyone happen to know what might be causing this and how to correct it?  I've included all of the log entries for 1/30 below.

TIA

2022-01-30 04:06:11,374 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
__code__:194: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.

2022-01-30 04:15:04,011 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-f11334058/LocalMedia.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/mutagen/_id3frames.py:125: ID3Warning: Leftover data: WORS: 'http://tolomada.heavenforum.com/' (from '\x00http://tolomada.heavenforum.com/')
ID3Warning)

2022-01-30 04:22:18,179 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 04:22:18,185 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 04:22:30,364 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 04:22:30,372 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 18:15:22,319 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 18:15:29,557 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 18:15:29,558 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:03:13,457 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:03:13,499 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:30,611 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:30,650 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:39,964 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:08:40,132 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:10:20,666 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-30 19:10:20,723 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

2022-01-31 12:35:51,536 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
connect: Operation timed out

Anyone?

On 1/31/2022 at 8:58 PM, RichJacot said:

I check my container config. (even advanced view) and I can't find where "plexmediaserver" is referenced

no idea whats causing the no such file or directory errors but the plexmediaserver is the name of the 'program' which kicked off the start of plex media server and is being managed by supervisord, for the errors you are best asking on the official plex forums.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, Pks6601 said:

Last week, I woke up to my Plex Server not starting. After a bit of Googling, I copied the appdata folder, deleted the binhex-plexpass docker and reinstalled it, restoring the appdata folder. I have restored the paths for my media, and all of that appears to be working. At some point in the process, my ability to transcode to the iGPU was broken and I have been unable to restore it. I no longer have the /dev/dri folder, I have attempted to go back through the process of enabling the iGPU but that folder is not being found no matter what I try. Has anyone else experienced any of this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Apparently, I'm an idiot. I forgot that I moved the HDMI dummy plug for some reason. After making sure that all of the ports that should have plugs in them did, installing and enabling went perfectly. Good to have it all back the way it was.

Moral of the story: Check all the stupid stuff you are sure isn't the problem!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

My Plex docker suddenly stopped working today at 6 am. Looking at the logs it seems related to the SubZero plugin, which doesn't even work anymore and I have since switched to Bazaar.

uPzlgKY.png

My krusader docker also stopped working. It runs and I can access the GUI but it won't open a file explorer window.

I then checked the results of the parity check and one disk came up with 5000+ errors. This is a disk with almost 6 years of power-on time.

tgKcs7u.png

I added the Plex logs and the SMART data file for the disk I have mentioned. Also added the krusader logs for good measure.

I think it's all related to the faulty disk, and the way to go is to shut the server off, get a replacement HDD and rebuild the array. I'd like to know your opinion as well.

Thank you all for your time.

tower-smart-20220303-0941.zip Log for_ binhex-plex.html Log for_ binhex-krusader.html

Hey everyone,

I just recently migrated to an unRAID server for Plex, so I'm still working out a lot of the kinks.

However, I've been experiencing some significant performance issues with the Plex docker since I installed it. My specs on my rig are as follows:

Ryzen 7 2700X

16GB DDR4 RAM 3200mHz

GTX 970 Graphics

Three 6TB HDD's (one for parity) and four 4TB HDD's installed on my array.

120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD for Cache

I have hardware transcoding enabled so that the GPU can transcode through the 970 (seems to be able to do 3-4 streams at a time, if not more) and have the /config AppData path set to - /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-plex - after following some instructions on trying to achieve better performance.

Unfortunately, I'm still finding that the server is having a lot of trouble. The "Movies" section seems to load pretty well within Plex, however the "TV Shows" more commonly fails to load and says that the server is offline when attempting to access it. Menus in general are extremely slow.

I adjusted my media so that all the Movies and TV shows are under one "media" folder that the docker is pointing to (rather than the whole array as I had before) as well.

Could this be a hardware issue? Do I potentially need more than 16GB of RAM or need to get an NVMe SDD in order to increase the read/write speeds of the cache? Or have I set something up wrong with the docker?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Is there any way to setup the docker to allow for media coming from multiple different shares? I'm breaking up my media to keep it a bit more organized. Every time I try to use the same /data container path (which I assume is fixed and I can't create a new container path manually) for a new share it fails.

Just now, Squid said:

You can always add additional path mappings to any container.  Add it with an appropriate new container path and host path and then add the container path to the library

I guess that's my question, can I just make any container path in the mappings? Does it NEED to be /data?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had a plex server running for a while but I've just started running into a strange problem. When I try to play something through the web browser I get a playback error (Not enough CPU for conversion of this item). I know the answer sounds obvious but I'm using an Intel 10400 CPU which should be able to handle the playback of a 1080p(H.264) file. I'm wondering if the hardware acceleration has broken but I don't know how to check it.

Edited by Aelred
4 minutes ago, Aelred said:

I'm hoping someone can help me.

Try this:  Delete this folder from the appdata and restart the program (It'll redownload the codecs)

\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Codecs

Plex is a rather "unique" program across all platforms where one of their very constant updates will break something that already worked, or it corrupts itself.

All of my binhex dockers have stopped working.  I now have an error in them I haven't seen before. 

From the log:  "/usr/local/bin/init.sh: line 60: 33 Bus error groupmod -o -g "${PGID}" users &> /dev/null".  I'm using the latest versions of all dockers.  Where can I start to try and fix this?  Thanks.

I've rebooted numerous times.  Reinstalled system (with and without appdata backups) still no luck.

Delugevpn and nzbgets work. Sonarr, lidarr, plex and raadarr  still not working.  I also used force update.

I've never seen this error before.  I've always used binhex dockers, they have been solid.

Any other ideas?  Be gentle with me, I still consider myself a noob.

50 minutes ago, ZoZat said:

I've never seen this error before

you and me both.

51 minutes ago, ZoZat said:

Delugevpn and nzbgets work. Sonarr, lidarr, plex and raadarr  still not working.

so this is odd as the same file showing errors is used in all my images (init.sh), so if deluge works then so should all the others. 

perhaps you have memory related issues, run memtest on your system and verify memory is ok.

I already nuked the docker image and created a new one. Still with the same result.

I managed to get your dockers working by installing older versions.  Not sure why that worked.  Soon as I update to latest version, everything dies again.  Revert to older - no problems.

It's a fix.  But I'd love to figure out why this happens.  Could there be anything in delugevpn causing this?  I had problems with it a couple of years ago that you had helped me with.

slickvpn.ovpn