[Support] binhex - Plex

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm having an issue and I'm sure I'm just doing something incorrectly.

I currently have this docker running fine with one source.

I believe my problem stems from the Container Path.  In my current configuration (Host Path 2) I have /media as my container path and then I have my host path point to mnt/disk1/TV shows.  Default value is /mnt/user.  Everything works.

I want to add my movies folder.  I tried to make a new path labeled Host Path 3, but I don't know what to put in my container path.  I first had "/media" (the same as Host Path 2) and it deleted my entire docker with an error that said duplicate path.  Should I just rename it "media2" or is this not going to work?

What should I do?

Thanks,

Brian

Having a small issue with updating this, everything else runs fine (including plex actually) 

Both unraid and the plex client indicate there's an update:

You are currently running version 1.25.7.5604 on the server. Version 1.25.8.5663 is now available.

I can update the container just fine, however afterwards it appears to have not updated anything. And just remains on 1.25.7.5604.

All my other containers update just fine, and plex is working just fine as well, doesn't throw any errors, nothing in the logs indicating anything out of order 

2 hours ago, Capronicus said:

Having a small issue with updating this, everything else runs fine (including plex actually) 

Both unraid and the plex client indicate there's an update:

You are currently running version 1.25.7.5604 on the server. Version 1.25.8.5663 is now available.

I can update the container just fine, however afterwards it appears to have not updated anything. And just remains on 1.25.7.5604.

All my other containers update just fine, and plex is working just fine as well, doesn't throw any errors, nothing in the logs indicating anything out of order 

how are you updating?

1 hour ago, Capronicus said:

By pulling the latest image, through unraid's docker itself. Manually in this case:

https://imgur.com/a/dZTCVup

ok that is the correct way to update, just checking as some people incorrectly attempt to upgrade through the app itself, this is not the way to do it.

ive just pulled latest and its up to date for me, so i can only assume that you have set a particular version in the 'Repository' - left click plex icon, go to edit and check repository value, it should be set to just 'binhex/arch-plex' 

1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok that is the correct way to update, just checking as some people incorrectly attempt to upgrade through the app itself, this is not the way to do it.

ive just pulled latest and its up to date for me, so i can only assume that you have set a particular version in the 'Repository' - left click plex icon, go to edit and check repository value, it should be set to just 'binhex/arch-plex' 

Yep, binhex/arch-plex, the only thing that's not 'default' is the nvidia card being included for transcoding, though that seems to work just fine as well.

I'm gonna remove/reinstall the docker later tonight, see if that resolves the issue.

edit: unless you've got a suggestion that wouldn't involve reinstalling the whole thing :)

Edited by Capronicus
58 minutes ago, Capronicus said:

edit: unless you've got a suggestion that wouldn't involve reinstalling the whole thing :)

one of the nice things about docker is that you can destroy images and containers with no worry about loss of data, so if you want to delete the container and re-create then simply edit the container, change something, change it back and click apply, this will delete and re-create it.

if that doesnt fix it then left click and select 'remove' this will delete the container and image (no data loss) then re-add via CA or click on 'add container' then select a template and make sure you are under the '[user templates]' section and then select binhex-plex and then click apply.

i can confirm the image is up to date and i see no updates to apply via plex web ui.

19 hours ago, binhex said:

one of the nice things about docker is that you can destroy images and containers with no worry about loss of data, so if you want to delete the container and re-create then simply edit the container, change something, change it back and click apply, this will delete and re-create it.

if that doesnt fix it then left click and select 'remove' this will delete the container and image (no data loss) then re-add via CA or click on 'add container' then select a template and make sure you are under the '[user templates]' section and then select binhex-plex and then click apply.

i can confirm the image is up to date and i see no updates to apply via plex web ui.

So, just an update since I got it fixed; renamed the folder in appdata, launched plex, updated it, then switched back to the old folder and tried updatingd again, this time it worked. Doen't make much sense but I'm not gonna complain :).

I cant seem to get plex to use my P2000.  It uses my intel igpu.  I had this issue in the past and it was because I had intel top installed.  I uninstalled it and it worked.  I dont have it installed now though.  I have all 3 parameters in the docker config.  Emby can use both quick sync and p2000 perfectly.  I used the same parameters for nvidia that i used with emby on plex but its not using nvidia.  I dont have the --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri extra parameter in plex, only --runtime=nvidia.

I tried running plex without emby on, and even rebooted a few times.  I also tried installing intel top and uninstalling it.  I do have the nvidia driver plugin installed too.

Any ideas?  Im attaching my template.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 124715.png

2 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

I cant seem to get plex to use my P2000.  It uses my intel igpu.

i dont have an intel with igpu but i do have a p2000, for me its as simple as setting extra parameters to:-

--runtime=nvidia

Then set 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES' to the value as shown in the nvidia plugin.

And finally set 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES' to 'all'

10 minutes ago, binhex said:

i dont have an intel with igpu but i do have a p2000, for me its as simple as setting extra parameters to:-

--runtime=nvidia

Then set 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES' to the value as shown in the nvidia plugin.

And finally set 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES' to 'all'

Yea, that’s how emby works.  And that’s how it’s worked for me with plex in the past.  But as you can see in the pictures I posted, that’s what I did and it’s not working anymore.  Did something change with rc4?

Yea, that’s how emby works.  And that’s how it’s worked for me with plex in the past.  But as you can see in the pictures I posted, that’s what I did and it’s not working anymore.  Did something change with rc4?
No idea about rc4, I'm strictly stable releases only.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyway to go about trouble shooting it?  Is there something in the log that would tell me what’s going on?
Sure feel free to post the logs, I will be googling though like you for any weird errors that maybe present, perhaps it's simply that the igpu is taking presidence over the p2000?

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

Sure feel free to post the logs, I will be googling though like you for any weird errors that maybe present, perhaps it's simply that the igpu is taking presidence over the p2000?

I don’t get why or how.  The argument for igpu isn’t in the template, and Intel top isn’t installed.

I guess I can try disabling the igpu in bios and see if that forces it?  I just arrived at my server location so I’ll try that soon.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

So I figured it out.  Kinda.  If i disable the iGPU in bios, the nvidia card works perfectly in plex and emby.  If i set the gpu to primary and keep the igpu on too, plex will only grab the igpu.  Emby can choose either.  So no matter what, if the igpu is in the system, it will grab it.

Im assuming there is no way to select a gpu for plex to use huh?  Im running plex in host mode if that matters.

So I figured it out.  Kinda.  If i disable the iGPU in bios, the nvidia card works perfectly in plex and emby.  If i set the gpu to primary and keep the igpu on too, plex will only grab the igpu.  Emby can choose either.  So no matter what, if the igpu is in the system, it will grab it.

Im assuming there is no way to select a gpu for plex to use huh?  Im running plex in host mode if that matters.
That would be a question for the official Plex forum as they are more experienced in these things.

Why does this container need to be installed in "host" mode and not on my custom network?

If I install it on eg. "Web" custom network which I use to port forward and proxy everything for outside use. I don't get a WEBUI and I also get these errors in the log:

2022-04-23 15:47:23,155 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
Error in command line:the argument for option '--serverUuid' should follow immediately after the equal sign
Crash Uploader options (all are required):
--directory arg Directory to scan for crash reports
--serverUuid arg UUID of the server that crashed
--userId arg User that owns this product
--platform arg
2022-04-23 15:47:23,156 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
Platform string
--platformVersion arg Platform version string
--vendor arg Vendor string
--device arg Device string
--model arg Device model string
--sentryUrl arg Sentry URL to upload to
--sentryKey arg Sentry Key for the project
--version arg Version of the product
--allowRetries arg Whether we will allow retries

2022-04-23 15:47:39,878 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Critical: libusb_init failed

Installing it in Host mode works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, egoon said:

feature request, other plex containers allow you to go to the webui strait from the docker. x.x.x.x::32400 . the web ui works on your container, the link from the docker just isn't there?image.png.86e55f22fc08ab8cf3aede6cd524d426.pngimage.png.a0108efd023cc31a5d2494607dcd65f9.png

Thanks for the good work on all containers!

Edit the container, advanced settings and check that there's something in the webui parameter.

I haven't used binhex plex in a bit but I think my webui parameter was blank which prevented the webui option from appearing in the drop down. You can copy the webui format (as an example) from another working container and adjust the port.