[Support] binhex - Plex

10 hours ago, eagle470 said:

I helped him over on reddit, ran into this issue with the Binhex Plex container myself. Joeshtroops23 had a corrupted database within plex and I had them delete and download the plex, inc made container.

His pathing was also a level too high, so I got him squared away there as well.

Unfortunately, I ended up running into the same problem a few hours later. I did a bit more digging, and I think my Appdata was spanning across multiple disks in the array. I set that to only configure to disk1 now, but I have an SSD on the way to hopefully prevent this from happening in the future. Still persisting with the problems though since I can't figure out how to rebuild my database since I didn't have any back-ups. 

But I for the life of me can't figure out how to delete files off of my appdata share. I keep getting "you require permission from unix user\ nobody to make changes to this folder". I might have dove head first into this and not researched everything thoroughly before-hand.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, Joeshtoops23 said:

Unfortunately, I ended up running into the same problem a few hours later. I did a bit more digging, and I think my Appdata was spanning across multiple disks in the array. I set that to only configure to disk1 now, but I have an SSD on the way to hopefully prevent this from happening in the future. Still persisting with the problems though since I can't figure out how to rebuild my database since I didn't have any back-ups. 

But I for the life of me can't figure out how to delete files off of my appdata share. I keep getting "you require permission from unix user\ nobody to make changes to this folder". I might have dove head first into this and not researched everything thoroughly before-hand.

You don't rebuild the database, plex will just have to redownload all the movie posters, music and what ever else. Shouldn't be a huge deal unless your on a capped connection. I would recommend you use CA Backup and that SSD for your apps/containers. 

Treat the docker containers as MOSTLY replaceable, yeah it's a pain in the butt to reconfigure sometimes, but I wouldn't worry too much about them.

My question for you is what is causing the DB to corrupt? Old drives with errors occurring? Bad memory?

On 9/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, Joeshtoops23 said:

Simplest solution is to use the Krusader app to delete them.  Otherwise you're doing the command prompt

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/plex    (substitute path accordingly)

It will take a long time if you have a decent sized library

22 hours ago, eagle470 said:

My question for you is what is causing the DB to corrupt? Old drives with errors occurring? Bad memory?

I'm honestly not sure. I'm new to Unraid and looking at the logs for the plex databases I saw these when I searched for "error".

Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.239 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR -  SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.239 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 23: [select count(*) from (select distinct(metadata_items.id) from metadata_items  where metadata_items.library_section_id in (2) and ((metadata_items.metadata_type=2 or metadata_items.meta
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.240 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR - Soci Exception handled: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 15: [select tags.id as 'tags_id', tags.parent_id as 'tags_parent_id', tags.metadata_item_id as 'tags_metadata_item_id', tags.tag as 'tags_tag', tags.tag_type as 'tags_tag_type', tags.tag_va
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - Fixup 52DatabaseFixupsCreateDefaultMediaProcessingTargetTags threw an exception: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 11: [select id from metadata_items where metadata_type=? and library_section_id=? and absolute_index is not null] database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - Fixup 29DatabaseFixupsSyncCollections threw an exception: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadRS: database disk image is malformed

I'm not sure if these really point to any specific culprit, but I was reading on some other forum posts that SQLITE was mentioned quite a bit through out some theories on corrupt databases.

FYI, these logs are not from the binhex plex media server, but from the official plexinc Media server. although I was getting the same errors from both media players.

20 hours ago, Squid said:

Simplest solution is to use the Krusader app to delete them.  Otherwise you're doing the command prompt

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/plex    (substitute path accordingly)

It will take a long time if you have a decent sized library

I used the command prompt and it worked! I tried something similar before and it didn't do anything.  Thank you!

I had an issue where my parity disk disabled. The fix was to restart, stop the array, unassign the disk, restart the array with the disk unassigned, stop again, reassign the disk and start. Once I did that, the array started building.

Since the parity drive was lost, all of my Docker containers lost their settings. The appdata is still there, but Plex (nor any other docker container) doesn't find the settings. The linked thread shows what I mean. Please let me know what other details might help resolve this.

I've stopped and restarted Docker, I've adjusted the network from host to bridge back to host, and still Plex doesn't see the server.

9 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

so this started happening with This recent updated of Plex.. It is missing all the buttons.. I have removed and reinstalled about 100 times.. still missing.. HELP!!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.51.38 AM.png

you sure you are running my image?, from the screenshot above you are running web client version 3.108.2, that looks very old, current version is 4.8.3 and which buttons exactly are we talking about here?

6 hours ago, manderso said:

Since the parity drive was lost, all of my Docker containers lost their settings.

this is simply not possible, there is no data stored on the parity drive, its purely used for parity calculations only, there is no file system on that drive, so something else caused the loss of settings, my guess would be 'mover' has moved your settings somewhere else.

can you go to unraid web ui/docker tab/left click plex and select edit, then screenshot ALL the settings making sure to also expand 'show more settings' and make sure to toggle the switch top right for 'advanced view'

18 hours ago, binhex said:

this is simply not possible, there is no data stored on the parity drive, its purely used for parity calculations only, there is no file system on that drive, so something else caused the loss of settings, my guess would be 'mover' has moved your settings somewhere else.

can you go to unraid web ui/docker tab/left click plex and select edit, then screenshot ALL the settings making sure to also expand 'show more settings' and make sure to toggle the switch top right for 'advanced view'

Yeah, thanks for looking. Attached are those screenshots.

2019-10-04 07_00_36-Window.png

2019-10-04 07_00_12-Window.png

2019-10-04 06_59_43-Window.png

5 hours ago, manderso said:

Yeah, thanks for looking. Attached are those screenshots.

ok so that all looks well defined, i see nothing wrong there, so your loss of configuration could be any of the following:-

1. corruption on cache drive - have you had any issues with your cache drive?, had to run xfs or btrfs recovery tools perhaps?

2. appdata share not being set to cache-only - check that the share 'appdata' is set to 'use cache disk' = 'only' otherwise mover script will move your config files to the array.

3. change of defined host path location for /config - im assuming you havent edited the plex container right, as in the edit screen you created screenshots from?

4 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so that all looks well defined, i see nothing wrong there, so your loss of configuration could be any of the following:-

1. corruption on cache drive - have you had any issues with your cache drive?, had to run xfs or btrfs recovery tools perhaps?

2. appdata share not being set to cache-only - check that the share 'appdata' is set to 'use cache disk' = 'only' otherwise mover script will move your config files to the array.

3. change of defined host path location for /config - im assuming you havent edited the plex container right, as in the edit screen you created screenshots from?

I'm no longer seeing my cache drive, I just noticed this. I'm not sure if it's been gone since this occurred. I've shut down the machine, reseated the cache drive and powered back on. Still not seeing it. I've stopped the array, and am unable to find the ssd that was my parity drive.

I'll try another disk as cache and see what happens then.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, binhex said:

you sure you are running my image?, from the screenshot above you are running web client version 3.108.2, that looks very old, current version is 4.8.3 and which buttons exactly are we talking about here?

Yes, I got to this link by the support link when clicking on plex in the docker list

Ok so I have fixed the missing Icons at the top of the screen when I open plex but here is what I am now experiencing.. Ever since this happened I Plex randomly spikes one of my cores to max 100% and after about 30 minutes unraid totally freezes and needs to be hard reset again. I updated unraid to the most recent release along with using the newest Binhex plex release yet it keeps happening. always one core and its random gets hung at 100% and freezes out plex.. is there any way to see how/what from plex is causing it to spaz out like that?

No server find on Apple TV, Samsung TV and Shield. Works in Web Browser and Xbox One. The problem was I linked my Plex account to my Google account. Now  I have log out from all and  log in on my Google account instead and it works on all devices except Apple TV 4.

92Nicze.png

Edited by stormense
On 9/29/2019 at 8:42 AM, Joeshtoops23 said:

I'm honestly not sure. I'm new to Unraid and looking at the logs for the plex databases I saw these when I searched for "error".

Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.239 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR -  SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.239 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 23: [select count(*) from (select distinct(metadata_items.id) from metadata_items  where metadata_items.library_section_id in (2) and ((metadata_items.metadata_type=2 or metadata_items.meta
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:51.240 [0x14725aff7700] ERROR - Soci Exception handled: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 15: [select tags.id as 'tags_id', tags.parent_id as 'tags_parent_id', tags.metadata_item_id as 'tags_metadata_item_id', tags.tag as 'tags_tag', tags.tag_type as 'tags_tag_type', tags.tag_va
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.636 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - Fixup 52DatabaseFixupsCreateDefaultMediaProcessingTargetTags threw an exception: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 79051 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 11: [select id from metadata_items where metadata_type=? and library_section_id=? and absolute_index is not null] database disk image is malformed
Sep 25, 2019 20:44:52.643 [0x14725b5fa700] ERROR - Fixup 29DatabaseFixupsSyncCollections threw an exception: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadRS: database disk image is malformed

I'm not sure if these really point to any specific culprit, but I was reading on some other forum posts that SQLITE was mentioned quite a bit through out some theories on corrupt databases.

FYI, these logs are not from the binhex plex media server, but from the official plexinc Media server. although I was getting the same errors from both media players.

You should try installing the 'Disable Security Mitigations' plugin and disabling everything.

Looking through https://preview.tinyurl.com/y2svcf3a that search, I found a few mentions where the SPECTRE mitigation caused corruption issues.

2 hours ago, eagle470 said:

I found a few mentions where the SPECTRE mitigation caused corruption issues.

last i heard (and things could of changed), the issue was related to running unraid 6.7.x AND having your plex metadata located on the array, i would assume that is the case for you @Joeshtoops23 ? if so then your options are:-

1. upgrade to latest rc from limetech, as i know they are working on a fix and MIGHT of fixed it in later rc's

2. downgrade to 6.6.7 - stops the issue

3. buy yourself a cache drive and use that instead - stops the issue

On 10/5/2019 at 5:37 AM, tmoran000 said:

Ok so I have fixed the missing Icons at the top of the screen when I open plex but here is what I am now experiencing.. Ever since this happened I Plex randomly spikes one of my cores to max 100% and after about 30 minutes unraid totally freezes and needs to be hard reset again. I updated unraid to the most recent release along with using the newest Binhex plex release yet it keeps happening. always one core and its random gets hung at 100% and freezes out plex.. is there any way to see how/what from plex is causing it to spaz out like that?

i would suspect you are also suffering from the database corruption issue, is this true for you?:-

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

the issue was related to running unraid 6.7.x AND having your plex metadata located on the array (not cache drive)

How can I delete plex completely? I'm having problems with my database corrupting every few days and I can't seem to find a way to completely remove my old server. I tried deleting every plex files in the appdata folder and deleting the docker. But upon re-install it somehow remembers my email/account/password so obviously I'm missing something

Hello there, i tried multiple times to setup my plex server (with different docker versions) and come to the same error at the end.

The Installation is working fine. The problem starts when i want to login in the webUI. i login with my Plex Account and get the error that i dont have access to the server and i should ensure that i logged in with the right user that has the previliges to do so.

I put up an reddit Post here where i go deeper into the detail with screenshots and logs. Youre my only hope.

I tried the official Plex docker and now im sitting at the binhex one. Send help.

Edit: needed to claim the server through a tunnel.

Edited by Nacrana

Thank you, that was actually fairly easy. I was using the linuxserver release after changing from this release and since then I have had so many people complain of Xbox plex streams freezing and buffering. Never had that issue with binhex.. I dont think its the P2000 causing it soo.. guess I will wait and see.. 

1 hour ago, jpowell8672 said: