[Support] binhex - Plex

44 minutes ago, AntaresUK said:

Trying to get binhex plex working. When I go to webgui I get "Plex is not reachable". The log for plex gives an error

Error in command line:the argument for option "--serveruuid" should follow immediately after the equal sign

What am I missing please?

https://status.plex.tv/

I had same issue by coincidence. I think there was a major outage in the authentication API at their end.

When I checked their status page I saw a big spike around 11:00 today (13th November 2019) which was resolved by 12pm.

(plex.tv - Authentication and API server - red)

Plex_Outage_201911131100_Capture.PNG

Edited by manfat
Update after service restored

Thanks @manfat I can now get in to plex

However I cannot see any of my movies. I have a share media and under that is movies folder. However plex is refusing to see it. When I go into plex and click MORE>your media - I just get the link to download plex media server :(

Must be something simple like format of the movies folder or something but be buggered if I can find out what it is

7 minutes ago, AntaresUK said:

Thanks @manfat I can now get in to plex

However I cannot see any of my movies. I have a share media and under that is movies folder. However plex is refusing to see it. When I go into plex and click MORE>your media - I just get the link to download plex media server :(

Must be something simple like format of the movies folder or something but be buggered if I can find out what it is

Sounds like you don't have your docker volume mappings right. Post the docker run command as I explained a few posts earlier in this thread.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-plex' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TRANS_DIR'='/config/transcode' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/media':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-plex'
34a7a93cb573d604d1063f3f7a23120a2dea31fcd93f0c3478084859ac9deb49

2 minutes ago, AntaresUK said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-plex' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TRANS_DIR'='/config/transcode' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/media':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-plex'
34a7a93cb573d604d1063f3f7a23120a2dea31fcd93f0c3478084859ac9deb49

That looks OK, but I'm not completely clear on how you are trying to access the media share within plex. What do you mean by this?

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

When I go into plex and click MORE>your media

Maybe a screenshot would clear this up.

2 hours ago, manfat said:

I had same issue by coincidence. I think there was a major outage in the authentication API at their end.

When I checked their status page I saw a big spike around 11:00 today (13th November 2019) which was resolved by 12pm.

(plex.tv - Authentication and API server - red)

Just curious, is this a thing where a server outage at their end keeps your server from functioning? Does plex require a functional internet connection to watch your own media inside your own LAN?

17 minutes ago, AntaresUK said:

New install havent used plex before

Image-1.jpg

watch this video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9DjW3sfLuE

when it gets to the part about entering in (or browsing) to your media then make sure you browse to /media, you can then drill down to whatever folder you want to add to that specific media type, e.g. for 'Movies' it might be something like /media/Movies/ (this will obviously depend on how you have your shares defined on unraid), repeat for each media type you want to add e.g. TV/Photos/Music etc.

5 minutes ago, The_Athereon said:

I've tried removing the docker container, deleting all the files and starting from scratch several times and no luck.

If you deleted the plex appdata then the database would be gone. Did you? That is normally what would be meant by "starting from scratch".

10 minutes ago, The_Athereon said:

starting from scratch

If you did in fact start from scratch by deleting plex appdata, then possibly you have other things wrong with your system. Or possibly you are just getting new corruptions on a new database. Either way we need more information.

Post your docker run command as explained here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

and post your diagnostics.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

11 minutes ago, The_Athereon said:

I deleted everything.

Your appdata and system shares have files on the array, and they are set to cache-yes. The correct setting for these is cache-prefer, or even better, cache-only.

You don't want your apps on the array. Their performance will be degraded by the slower parity writes, and they will keep array disks spinning.

Also, many people have reported SQL corruption with various dockers on your version of Unraid. This appears to be fixed on the current release candidate.

Something that appears to help with the version of Unraid you have is to specify the disk path for appdata, instead of the user share. So, /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata.

Whichever version you decide to try, you should set system and appdata to cache-only. Then disable the docker service (Settings - Docker), delete the docker image, and recreate it so it will be on cache where it belongs. Also delete your appdata so it can be recreated on cache where it belongs.

Since you have such a small cache drive, I recommend moving all your other user shares from cache to the array, then setting them to cache-no, and reserve your cache strictly for the system (docker image) and appdata shares.

Do you have any VMs? Possibly you have allowed your libvirt image to get onto the array as well since it is also in the system share. You should also fix that.

So a few days it seems ago when ever I add in a new episode it's stopped pulling the metadata for it. I've checked my library setup and for some reason the folder structure was gone, but was still pulling in new episodes that I add. I've since re-added the folder structure, then checked the db agent and re-ran "Refresh Metadata" and that didn't do anything. File names are exactly the same as before, and it adds in the episode just not the metadata. Any one else encountering this issue? Anything else I should try? 

Also just tried connecting to the Plex app on my LG OLED55C6 TV. Looking over on the Plex forums looks like a lot of 2017 models are experiencing it, but I'm one of the first 2016 model to. A user there suggested I downgrade a few previous server versions. Can we do that using this docker app? Looking at the different docker settings didn't see anything. Also, still experiencing the metadata issue. Added a new show and it's not showing the metadata. 

Also just tried connecting to the Plex app on my LG OLED55C6 TV. Looking over on the Plex forums looks like a lot of 2017 models are experiencing it, but I'm one of the first 2016 model to. A user there suggested I downgrade a few previous server versions. Can we do that using this docker app? Looking at the different docker settings didn't see anything. Also, still experiencing the metadata issue. Added a new show and it's not showing the metadata. 
See my Plex pass support thread for possible reasons for this, tvdb cattle trucked

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, stridemat said:

So a likely noob question, but how would I go about altering the .grab file location for tv and movie recordings to be on my cache drive whilst recording? It seems a waste to spin up the disks. 

I just use a cache- only share for my recordings.