[Support] binhex - Plex

3 minutes ago, Uggers said:

Quick follow up, is Plex Pass mandatory then?

Yes, no hardware transcoding without Plex Pass.  You can still transcode in software (CPU) without Plex Pass.

Here is a link to the Plex page outlining the requirements for hardware transcoding and the first thing mentioned is an active Plex Pass subscription:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/115002178853-using-hardware-accelerated-streaming/

I don't think these options even show up in Plex unless running a Plex Pass version:

image.thumb.png.4859842fb1ca521f0d775216fb58e840.png

• Like 1

a couple of months ago after updating this container "Secure connections" stopped working with all android clients. Webrowser work just fine. So I just set it to disable and told user to select allow insecure connections and would deal with it at a later date. Well I have soem free time and I would like to fix this problem.

I have a static IP from my ISP, I use opnsense as a firwall and have port 32400 forwdring to unraid server. 

**Update**

I dont remember changing my NAT reflection setting on my firewall rules...but I did. Nothing wrong with the container.

Edited by swingline
Update
On 10/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Daftyler said:

I recently set up hardware transcoding on my server and I am only decoding at the moment, encoding is not working. I am seeing in the comment  here that there may be a problem with the current plex version? Is anyone else experiencing this?

The solution to this was to roll back to version 1.20.1.3252-1-01. The problem seems to be on plex's end by the looks of it. but just incase anyone is having this issue. 

Hi legends.

I'm running unraid 6.8.3

binhex-plex is indicating that it has an update ready.
When I select 'apply update' it starts to pull the images. 9 of them.

5 'Already exists'

4 get pulled.

It then says Stopping contain: binhex-plex Please wait...

It says that for about 15 minutes before the drive light on my nas stops indicating activity but the page doesn't refresh or progress.

If I refresh it manually or open another tab and go to the dockers page, it's back at 'update ready'.

This is happening for all my binhex- dockers, but I SOMEHOW got sabnzbd up-to-date due to it saying 'force update' - but I have no idea what random sequence of events got me there.

I'd really appreciate some help getting them updated.

If I delete them and install it again, there is instantly an 'update ready'.

Please let me know what I can provide to assist. Having 'updates ready' that I can't apply is triggering me :)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, APD189 said:

Thanks.

I'm currently using custom br0 so that i can assign it a different IP address in that same subnet.  Is that why I'm not seeing anything there?  Plex is working fine (all ports seem to be open) and I can access the site by manually typing it into the web browser...just wanted another way to get to the WebGUI.

Did you ever get this working? I'd like put Plex in a vlan as well. It's only working when set to host mode.

Edited by MrLinux

I ended up getting it working by moving over to another Plex Docker release (plexinc Plex Media Server).

1. Assign the claim variable
  2. Set the bridge and static ip (br0.255 in my case)

Troubleshooting

Some extra steps may be needed before it works

1. Logout of plex first
  2. Restarted the container a few times
  3. Double check the NAT rule (pfSense)
  4. After logging in again, it should show you the Plex Server setup screen instead of a client without a source (your Docker's Plex Server)
Edited by MrLinux
Clarified the troubleshooting section
9 hours ago, MrLinux said:

I ended up getting it working by moving over to another Plex Docker release (plexinc Plex Media Server).

1. Assign the claim variable
  2. Set the bridge and static ip (br0.255 in my case)

Troubleshooting

Some extra steps may be needed before it works

1. Logout of plex first
  2. Restarted the container a few times
  3. Double check the NAT rule 
  4. After logging in again, it should show you the Plex Server setup screen

Thanks for the info...I just left mine alone since I figured that I wouldn't need to get the WebGUI from the UnRaid console all the time.  I can just input the url (or in my case, the DNS entry I created) in a new tab an I'm fine.

3 hours ago, APD189 said:

Thanks for the info...I just left mine alone since I figured that I wouldn't need to get the WebGUI from the UnRaid console all the time.  I can just input the url (or in my case, the DNS entry I created) in a new tab an I'm fine.

What did you do to get your binhex-plex docker registered with your Plex account? Whenever I would login to plex by going directly to http://ip:32400/, it would tell me to download/install the Plex Server instead of showing/connecting to the docker's Plex Server.

I've tried to

1. Manually expose all the port (run command parameters: -p 32400:32400 -p 1900:1900/udp -p 3005:3005/udp -p 5353:535/udp -p 8324:8324 -p 32410:32410 -p 32412:32412/udp -p 32414:32414/udp -p 3246:3246)
  2. Restart the docker several times
  3. Checked NAT settings in my pfSense router
  4. Blow away the docker and appdata config and reinstall
  5. Troubleshooting the script and docker files

None of it worked until I just tried to use another container distro of Plex.

FWIW, it was also showing me serverUui errors when using bridge mode.

Error in command line:the argument for option '--serverUuid' should follow immediately after the equal sign

Edited by MrLinux
7 minutes ago, MrLinux said:

Just curious, what is the reason since this works in the official docker?

two reasons, plex requires a lot of ports to be defined if you set it in bridge mode, and also not all client devices work well in bridge mode, host mode is significantly easier (no ports to define) and works with all clients.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, binhex said:

Help

Any ideas on this one Sir?

Hi legends.

I'm running unraid 6.8.3

5 'Already exists'

4 get pulled.

It says that for about 15 minutes before the drive light on my nas stops indicating activity but the page doesn't refresh or progress.

At best, it will fail to stop the docker, but claim that it has removed it and finished the process.

If I refresh it manually or open another tab and go to the dockers page, it's back at 'update ready'.

This is happening for all my binhex- dockers, but I SOMEHOW got sabnzbd up-to-date due to it saying 'force update' - but I have no idea what random sequence of events got me there. EDIT: It now says there is another update.

Goto beginning.

Please let me know what I can provide to assist. Having 'updates ready' that I can't apply is triggering me 

Thanks!

Edited by ifihaffto
On 12/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, ifihaffto said:

Any ideas on this one Sir?

Hi legends.

I'm running unraid 6.8.3

5 'Already exists'

4 get pulled.

At best, it will fail to stop the docker, but claim that it has removed it and finished the process.

This is happening for all my binhex- dockers, but I SOMEHOW got sabnzbd up-to-date due to it saying 'force update' - but I have no idea what random sequence of events got me there. EDIT: It now says there is another update.

Goto beginning.

Please let me know what I can provide to assist. Having 'updates ready' that I can't apply is triggering me 

Thanks!

i have no idea what is causing your reoccurring updates, i would suspect an issue with the docker image or even perhaps the cache drive and/or filesystem. As this is not directly related to an issue with this image (image is fine) i would advise posting this in 'Docker Engine', link here:- https://forums.unraid.net/forum/58-docker-engine/ you might want to include a diagnostics dump by going to Tools/Diagnostics and click on download and attaching the zip to your post.

I have started getting a problem with all my Binhex containers. I have deluge, plexpass, radarr, sabnzbd and sonarr. I updated recently now keep getting update available message. Also containers keep showing as "not available" in version. Image attached. Its not consistent though. If I refresh the page the message often moves to a different container. Im also having trouble connecting to the Plex container from some devices.

Capture.GIF

8 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

I have started getting a problem with all my Binhex containers. I have deluge, plexpass, radarr, sabnzbd and sonarr. I updated recently now keep getting update available message. Also containers keep showing as "not available" in version. Image attached. Its not consistent though. If I refresh the page the message often moves to a different container. Im also having trouble connecting to the Plex container from some devices.

Capture.GIF

I just ran an extended test using fix common problems and am getting the message:

Unable to communicate with GitHub.com - Reset your modem / router or try again later, or set your to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Also make sure that you have a Gateway address set up (Your Router's IP address). Additionally, this may also mean that GitHub is currently down. This error means that you may not be able to update your OS or plugins

I have a gateway address set.

4 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

I just ran an extended test using fix common problems and am getting the message:

Unable to communicate with GitHub.com - Reset your modem / router or try again later, or set your to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Also make sure that you have a Gateway address set up (Your Router's IP address). Additionally, this may also mean that GitHub is currently down. This error means that you may not be able to update your OS or plugins

I have a gateway address set.

trying doing a 'ping github.com' from unraid host terminal, i would assume it will fail, in which case you need to figure out why its failing, check dns, firewalls, router, modem etc.