[Support] binhex - Plex


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You can re-install any previously installed docker container from the Previous Apps section on the APPS tab.  It will be configured as it was before with settings intact.

Thanks for the info, I tried the the apps and got the following error:


root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-plex' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TRANS_DIR'='/config/transcode' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'binhex/arch-plex'

docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

 

where can I remove the nvidia runtime?

 

UPDATE: I clicked on advance view and remove it. Thanks a lot for your help :)

Edited by IrishBiker
Link to comment

Anyone having issues remote streaming?

 

The following using the Android Plex app. 

 

Away from home and on WI-FI, comes back with an error and to try again.

 

Away from home and on LTE and streaming just fine. 

Link to comment

Seeing that binhex-plex is made for unraid, I have no high hopes for my question, but I think it is nevertheless worth asking.

 

For 2 weeks now, binhex-plex does not start on my Synology Diskstation anymore, because it uses kernel 3.10.105. Log says "unsupported kernel", which sucks. I stayed on the previous version for a while before grabbing the official plex docker, which also produces satisfactory results.

 

However: I am also using binhex-delugevpn and binhex-sabnzbd and I am fearful that if I update these, they will fail with the same error since my kernel is outdated (and I have no way of updating it). Now I wonder if there is any workaround for this, so I can keep using these 2 amazing dockers?

Link to comment

Hi there,

 

Long time user of Binhex Plex and have always loved it. Recently however I have had an issue where if I update Unraid Plex will no longer start. I get an "Execution Error". The logs only seem to show this e":"No such container: f1df187df544"}

 

If I revert to the prvious version of Unraid Plex works again.

 

Here is the Docker run command.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated and my apologies if I didn't provide enough detail.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 2.13.00 PM.png

Link to comment
22 hours ago, metabubble said:

Seeing that binhex-plex is made for unraid, I have no high hopes for my question, but I think it is nevertheless worth asking.

 

For 2 weeks now, binhex-plex does not start on my Synology Diskstation anymore, because it uses kernel 3.10.105. Log says "unsupported kernel", which sucks. I stayed on the previous version for a while before grabbing the official plex docker, which also produces satisfactory results.

 

However: I am also using binhex-delugevpn and binhex-sabnzbd and I am fearful that if I update these, they will fail with the same error since my kernel is outdated (and I have no way of updating it). Now I wonder if there is any workaround for this, so I can keep using these 2 amazing dockers?

 

Have you tried going back to the old version that was working before?  You can see all the releases here so if you remember which one you were on before when it was working you can go back to that version. So lets say that version 1.21.3.4046-1-01 was the last version that worked with your kernel if you open your container settings you would just put the version you want. If your Synology allows that of course.

 

image.png.e2a486a753ad32a6f96c3f257076ab15.png

Link to comment

 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, Paul_Ber said:

Anyone having issues remote streaming?

 

The following using the Android Plex app. 

 

Away from home and on WI-FI, comes back with an error and to try again.

 

Away from home and on LTE and streaming just fine. 

 

Where are you when you are away from home on WiFi ... sounds like a local WiFi issue maybe they have rules blocking streaming??

Edited by SiRMarlon
Link to comment

Wondering if anyone knows what is causing this. Plex was working perfectly until 1-2 days ago and unless things have updated automatically, I haven't made any changes.

 

2021-03-14 21:50:46.004088 [info] Host is running unRAID
2021-03-14 21:50:46.028864 [info] System information Linux NSD-Server 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2021-03-14 21:50:46.076928 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2021-03-14 21:50:46.102543 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2021-03-14 21:50:46.133587 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2021-03-14 21:50:46.316057 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2021-03-14 21:50:46.342165 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2021-03-14 21:50:46.370062 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-03-14 21:50:46.399759 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/config/transcode'
2021-03-14 21:50:46.424443 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2021-03-14 21:50:46,569 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2021-03-14 21:50:46,569 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2021-03-14 21:50:46,571 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2021-03-14 21:50:47,574 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 62
2021-03-14 21:50:47,577 INFO spawned: 'shutdown-script' with pid 63
2021-03-14 21:50:47,577 INFO reaped unknown pid 7 (exit status 0)
2021-03-14 21:50:47,602 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384629008 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2021-03-14 21:50:47,602 INFO success: shutdown-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2021-03-14 21:50:47,602 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384154112 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2021-03-14 21:50:47,602 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2021-03-14 21:50:47,602 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-03-14 21:50:48,605 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 69
2021-03-14 21:50:48,633 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384629152 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2021-03-14 21:50:48,633 DEBG fd 12 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384316224 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2021-03-14 21:50:48,634 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2021-03-14 21:50:48,634 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-03-14 21:50:50,638 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 74
2021-03-14 21:50:50,667 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384154112 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2021-03-14 21:50:50,667 DEBG fd 12 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384316320 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2021-03-14 21:50:50,668 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2021-03-14 21:50:50,668 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-03-14 21:50:53,673 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 79
2021-03-14 21:50:53,701 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384629152 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2021-03-14 21:50:53,702 DEBG fd 12 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23296384315984 for <Subprocess at 23296384627952 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2021-03-14 21:50:53,702 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2021-03-14 21:50:53,702 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2021-03-14 21:50:54,703 INFO gave up: plexmediaserver entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

 

Edited by nesede
Link to comment
8 hours ago, nesede said:

Wondering if anyone knows what is causing this. Plex was working perfectly until 1-2 days ago and unless things have updated automatically, I haven't made any changes.

what you need to look at is the plex log, its located here:-

/config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

you can attach it, or take a look through for anything with 'error' in the log, most probably database corruption would be my guess.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, binhex said:

what you need to look at is the plex log, its located here:-


/config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

you can attach it, or take a look through for anything with 'error' in the log, most probably database corruption would be my guess.

Ah thank you, you are correct - here is a snippet:

 

 

Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 66053 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database disk image is malformed in "PRAGMA cache_size=2000"
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: database disk image is malformed for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: database disk image is malformed for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000

 

Is there a way to get this running again without wiping everything and just starting over?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, nesede said:

Ah thank you, you are correct - here is a snippet:

 

 


Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 66053 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database disk image is malformed in "PRAGMA cache_size=2000"
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: database disk image is malformed for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000
Mar 15, 2021 05:05:10.394 [0x14fdec302200] ERROR - Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: database disk image is malformed for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000

 

Is there a way to get this running again without wiping everything and just starting over?

you will need to restore the metadata for plex, if you don't have a backup (look at installing 'CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2' if you dont) then you are into recreating your metadata from scratch.

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, binhex said:

you will need to restore the metadata for plex, if you don't have a backup (look at installing 'CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2' if you dont) then you are into recreating your metadata from scratch.

 

Hah... I foolishly realized that I was only keeping 1 backup, so that means it's already backed up the bad db. I presume if I delete the database file that's somewhere in appdata, it will get recreated upon container restart?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, nesede said:

I presume if I delete the database file that's somewhere in appdata, it will get recreated upon container restart?

unsure about what happens if you simply delete the database and leave the metadata, if you delete '/config/Plex Media Server' then yes it will def re-create everything plex related from scratch then.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Only one of my remote users is having issues the past week or two where on different TVs (Roku TV), iOS, and a Macbook some episodes won't play or will get stuck at the 33% mark. They tried it on two networks in different houses. We also tried on a new Plex account and same issues. It's really a long shot because this is so oddly specific and I'm not even sure what kind of debugging I can do, but does anyone have any ideas if this sounds remotely familiar to other common issues? Once again none of my other users using varying devices, some of them using the same platforms, are having issues. My port is open, internet is working, I've tried playing the same episodes and they worked fine. On my end it shows that the episode is playing but on his end it's not.

Edited by s449
Link to comment

Hello,

I tried to install this docker (binhex - Plex) and Plex crashes.

 

The logs say access denied on /mnt/user

 

I removed and installed binhex - plex pass  ... and it works without issue. 

 

I have a plex pass - but have always installed the Free version and it joins my plex pass anyway.

 

I'm not sure what the PlexPass docker does for me ... but it works.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

If this issue sounds familiar and you can offer guidance or advice It would be greatly appreciated. 

 

I noticed that I cant reach plex with its IP address from another computer on the same LAN. this wouldn't normally be an issue with the whole app.plex.tv URL for management. However, now I notices Sonarr and Radarr connections fail for the Plex IP. Now the Plex IP in the plex setting is the same IP as my Unraid server and the plex docker is set to host mode.

 

From other Binhex posts, it sounds like this should be fine in host mode(as designed) but I'm not sure what steps I can take to resolve. 

 

Any advice here? It would be nice to have access to the local plex UI via its IP:32400 but if I can simply get Radarr and Sonarr connections working, that would be good enough for me. 

 

Thank you all in advance. 

Link to comment

My Plex server stopped working after the most recent update.


Edit:
Is there a way to have the server pull from the previous release so my server isn't out of commission?

After updating, which I have set to go automatically at 3am EST, Plex cannot be loaded on the local server or by anyone else. I dumped the logs and can PM them if necessary. Unless there's something I can trim out of the 300+ lines that might help.

And now everything is working again. Well alright.

I initially tried restarting the container, which didn't work, but I stopped the Plex container for a few minutes while I was trying to figure this out. I started it up and now it's working, so no clue.

Edited by Meleniumshane90
clarify info
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Added a NVIDIA card this weekend.  Followed instruction in Q3 of the support documentation but I do not have the fields NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES.  I added the variables manually and set appropriately but Transcoding is not using HW.  Using Unraid 9.2 and have Plex Transcode settings ticked off.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you

Link to comment

I also switched from 6.8.x to 6.9.2. When I did, it had the binhex-plex docker as an orphaned image. I redownloaded the docker and had to input my GPU info again, along with change where my media was in the template. I do have the new Nvidia driver plugin and deleted the old one. I have restarted the docker, docker engine, and the server multiple times now but still can't get hardware acceleration to work. I am not sure where to go from here.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, jebusfreek666 said:

I also switched from 6.8.x to 6.9.2. When I did, it had the binhex-plex docker as an orphaned image. I redownloaded the docker and had to input my GPU info again, along with change where my media was in the template. I do have the new Nvidia driver plugin and deleted the old one. I have restarted the docker, docker engine, and the server multiple times now but still can't get hardware acceleration to work. I am not sure where to go from here.

please screenshot docker container settings for this container and screenshot the settings for plugin 'Nvidia Driver' 

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, binhex said:

please screenshot docker container settings for this container and screenshot the settings for plugin 'Nvidia Driver' 

 

I figured it out just now. After the update to UnRaid fried my container for some unknown reason, I lost the extra parameter --runtime=nvidia. In fairness though, I followed the steps in Q3 of the FAQ you have posted and this was not mentioned. You might want to add it to avoid more of the same questions from popping up. Thanks alot for the response and offer to help though. As always, you are very much appreciated!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.