[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

I read through this forum before asking this question.

Question:

How can I get the "WebUI" button in the dockers tab for binhex-plex or binhex-plexpass?

Background:

I know this particular docker was meant to be in "host" mode but that doesn't work for my setup. I have all the dockers on a subnet together with each one having their own IP. As soon as I switch it away from host mode, the WebUI button when I left-click on the plex docker disappears.

I read through this forum and another person had the same issue. Binhex said to add the ports needed by Plex and that will solve the issue. I tried that and the issue persists. I added other plex dockers to see if they encounter the same problem and they don't. With that said, I am a huge binhex fan and dont want to switch. Plus my library is already 100TB so switching now could be one massive task.

I am hoping there is a solution that I haven't read in this forum or else an easy way to solve this problem. I understand its not like it's absolutely needed to have that webui button but plex is kinda difficult since it is the only docker i have where i can't just type in the IP and the port...it requires that web/index.html as well which gets lengthy and annoying.

Any help is appreciated.

6 hours ago, BobbyPoor_Boy said:

A couple hours ago my plex server started crashing and restarting. 

Here is the log:

image.png.ac3799695efdb7c13b9244efb35c2498.png

First problem I had had were I wasn't able to find the solution. 

Plex log.zip 3.78 kB · 0 downloads

I've got the same thing this morning and not sure what's wrong, let me know if you figure out the problem :)

Edit: looks like there may be an issue with Version 1.23.6.4810

https://forums.plex.tv/t/dead-in-the-water-after-version-1-23-6-4810-update-database-locked/730786

Edited by NomisNiksar
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NomisNiksar said:

I've got the same thing this morning and not sure what's wrong, let me know if you figure out the problem :)

Edit: looks like there may be an issue with Version 1.23.6.4810

https://forums.plex.tv/t/dead-in-the-water-after-version-1-23-6-4810-update-database-locked/730786

i would agree, def looks like a showstopper plex bug, be nice if they tested a bit more eh!.

ok if you cant wait for the fix and want to get going again then please roll back, instructions here Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

i would agree, def looks like a showstopper plex bug, be nice if they tested a bit more eh!.

ok if you cant wait for the fix and want to get going again then please roll back, instructions here Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

Thanks, I have tried rolling back to a few previous versions now and but still getting the same issue. Hopefully they will release new update with fix soon.

Hello,

I've been having a strange hardware encoding issue on my i5-11400 (UHD 730). While (hw) transcoding I (and remote users) get repeatable white/green "static" artifacts on single frames throughout my media. I have attached a screenshot (https://imgur.com/3AAtahW), they'll happen at the same frames every time. The same artifacts appear on the official plexinc and hotio docker images as well.

A possibly related note, the ich777 version of Jellyfin appeared to have resolved this transcoding artifact. The other JF docker images available on the unraid apps tab also have the same static artifacts.

Edited by Ponder
@binhex The newest image worked. For anyone who is having the issue you have to change the build version as the latest tag is still pulling the broken version for me.

binhex/arch-plexpass:1.23.6.4863-1-01 is what I had to set for it to pull the new image and now all is well. 
I suspect latest tag works fine, the issue you had is that you had the old broken latest image cached on disk, you need to click on force update when switching back to latest.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@binhexStill having issues with Plex using my intel igpu instead of my nvidia p2000.  Tried different plex versions and different nvidia drivers.  It was working partially(only with hdr tonemapping off), and a few months ago it was working completely.  I just switched to Plex official and linuxserver.  Im switching back to Binhex Plex to see if that fixes it.  (I was running Binhex until about a month ago.). Which docker should I pull?  I am a Plex pass user who uses beta.  

binhex/arch-plexpass or 

binhex/arch-plex

Edit: Switched to plexpass, still having the issue where its using my igpu...

Edit edit: I am dumb and posted this comment in the linuxserver build lol sorry!  I deleted that comment and moved it here.

@binhexStill having issues with Plex using my intel igpu instead of my nvidia p2000.  Tried different plex versions and different nvidia drivers.  It was working partially(only with hdr tonemapping off), and a few months ago it was working completely.  I just switched to Plex official and linuxserver.  Im switching back to Binhex Plex to see if that fixes it.  (I was running Binhex until about a month ago.). Which docker should I pull?  I am a Plex pass user who uses beta.  
binhex/arch-plexpass or 
binhex/arch-plex

Edit: Switched to plexpass, still having the issue where its using my igpu...

Edit edit: I am dumb and posted this comment in the linuxserver build lol sorry!  I deleted that comment and moved it here.
Sorry but there is very little I can suggest other than posing on Plex support and hoping somebody has an idea on how to fix it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated to the latest version of Unraid and then started getting the error 

chown: cannot read directory '/config/Plex Media Server/Metadata/Movies/3/2878e10dc20c08c7ffc3763c968ab19c30df2ff.bundle/Uploads': Structure needs cleaning
chown: cannot read directory '/config/Plex Media Server/Media/localhost/1/8ce61164508029892e38812678257b5aaf2d166.bundle': Structure needs cleaning

Tried removing PlexPass and installing again, not sure what I can do to get Plex working and connected to my media again

Is this the right place to post questions for support?
I recently moved Plex to Docker and it's been working great.

I have had several recent issues however with buffering whereas I didn't prior to migration.

I am trying to understand where the bottleneck (if any) is coming from.

From the Unraid Dashboard, all performance data seems to be in good shape.

Plex Dashboard shows all is well too.

Yet I have buffering, on DirectPlay as well as Transcoded content.

How do you suggest I work through to find the source of the issue that is causing buffering to occur?

I am attaching my Docker Config screenshot, a modified version of my Plex Dashboard, as well as a screen shot of my Unraid Dashboard while several streams are running if that helps.

Thanks for you insight!

2021-08-22_19-37-59.png

2021-08-22_19-27-11.png

2021-08-22_19-39-10.png

8 hours ago, slofiend said:

How do you suggest I work through to find the source of the issue that is causing buffering to occur?

try cranking up the plex logging level and check the plex logs located in /config/Plex Media Server/Logs/ also monitor for disk i/o on the unraid host, you may need to install nerdpack to install the correct tooling to monitor this, see here for a list of io tools:- https://www.opsdash.com/blog/disk-monitoring-linux.html

7 hours ago, binhex said:

try cranking up the plex logging level and check the plex logs located in /config/Plex Media Server/Logs/ also monitor for disk i/o on the unraid host, you may need to install nerdpack to install the correct tooling to monitor this, see here for a list of io tools:- https://www.opsdash.com/blog/disk-monitoring-linux.html

Thanks binhex!

I don't see any extra logging options in Unraid/Docker aside from Debug level within Plex Settings, is that where I should tweak logging?

I'll also try and run some of the io tools you suggested.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

Running a 4k file stops and buffers every 10 seconds.

I have a Docker high image disk utilization warning in the Dashboard.

I ran the I/O checks I could...IOTOP and DSTAT require GLIBC 2.33, and despite having all of the packages installed for DevTools and NerdTools they won't run, and I don't know how to install GLIBC 2.33.

I have included screenshots of what I have, and I also have included my PMS debug logs if that's of help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2021-08-23_15-43-45.png

2021-08-23_15-44-10.png

2021-08-23_15-46-24.png

2021-08-23_15-42-52.png

Plex Media Server Logs_2021-08-23_15-48-16.zip

4 minutes ago, slofiend said:

Docker high image disk utilization warning in the Dashboard

How large is your docker.img? 20G is usually more than enough, and it shouldn't grow. Making it larger won't fix problems filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application path that doesn't correspond to a container path.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

How large is your docker.img? 20G is usually more than enough, and it shouldn't grow. Making it larger won't fix problems filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application path that doesn't correspond to a container path.

I don't know how to check how big I made the Docker image, but right now it is at 11.2GB. The only Docker I have adjusted recently was Plex, and I think the disk utilization issue might have been with the Key 1 value in Plex. I saw that it can be better to transcode to /tmp so I added the Key 1, but didn't include a forward slash after the /tmp, I updated it now to read /tmp/ maybe that was the issue with the warning?

2021-08-23_19-17-35.png

2021-08-23_19-16-54.png

I have been having problems with my plex container for ages now. It was originally causing problems a couple months ago, so I decided to nuke plex and rebuild from the ground up. It helped for a bit, but now the problems are back.

If I shut down the plex container, it sends the signal for the shutdown script, and then never actually shuts down. Once this container is frozen, no kill or docker remove commands work to shut it down. It just hangs for good, and I need to do an unclean shutdown to get it 'fixed', until it breaks again within a few days.

Heres the end of the plex container log:

2021-08-24 07:55:34,593 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
    2021-08-24 07:55:34,594 DEBG killing shutdown-script (pid 65) with signal SIGTERM
    2021-08-24 07:55:34,594 INFO waiting for plexmediaserver, shutdown-script to die
    2021-08-24 07:55:34,605 DEBG 'shutdown-script' stdout output:
    [info] Initialising shutdown of process(es) '^/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server' ...

2021-08-24 07:55:37,608 INFO waiting for plexmediaserver, shutdown-script to die
    2021-08-24 07:55:40,611 INFO waiting for plexmediaserver, shutdown-script to die
    2021-08-24 07:55:43,614 INFO waiting for plexmediaserver, shutdown-script to die

If I try to do anything related to stopping the process, the server has issues. Stopping the array doesn't work, restarting/shutdown buttons don't work, only a hard power off will work. I had to do it last night as well.
I'm not sure if this behavior is a problem with the container, a problem with something inside plex going wrong, or a problem with unraid itself, but it only happens on this container (both plexpass and plex variant).

I have had a problem with my GPU dropping out of view of Unraid, and still do, so maybe thats related.

Capture.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20210826-0852.zip

47 minutes ago, Agent531C said:

I have had a problem with my GPU dropping out of view of Unraid, and still do, so maybe thats related.

i would start with looking at that, if its dropping in and out then this could cause issues with plex, plex certainly gets very upset if you attempt to start the plex container with a gpu defined via the env var and its not present., also monitor the plex log, this should tell you whats going on /config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

47 minutes ago, Agent531C said:

I'm not sure if this behavior is a problem with the container,

needless to say, this is not a general issue with this image, i myself run binhex-plex with no hanging issues so def not a image related problem that im aware of.

a quick idea if you can handle the hit on your cpu is simply not to pass through the gpu, does the issue still occur?, if not then its a gpu related problem, if it does then you know its not gpu.