[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 8:56 PM, Jonwork88 said:

I am also having a problem with Hardware Transcoding not working anymore.  I am on 6.11.5 of Unraid and I have my Plex docker (BinHex-Plex Pass) on latest.  I have an Nvidia P2000 and I am running the most recent set of drivers (

525.85.05).  I don't see any errors in the docker logs.

Not sure how long HW transcoding on my P2000 hasn't been working....

Any suggestions on how to move forward?  Let me know if there is any additional information you need.

Appreciate any help provided!
Thanks!
Jon

Not sure if you got this fixed, but I've been chasing a weird transcode issue where it would work in the plex media player app just fine, but not in chrome where it would buffer indefinitly, despite nvidia-smi showing everything working correctly, and the dashboard showing the stream playing using hw transcode.

Tried a lot of things, from various driver versions, plex docker versions, permissions etc...

Eventually the solution was to delete everything from the codecs folder in the Plex Media Server folder in appdata.

Are there any issues with EAC files? Now getting this error and I have never encountered this before. (ANd yes my temp folders are correctlly mapped.

EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder?

EDIT: 

Did some more digging. Stopped the server and deleted everything in /mnt/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Codecs to force Plex to redownload the codecs and everything is up and running again.

Best regards

Edited by Gromit83
Found a fix.

Hey.

So I'm prty sure this is a plex and not a docker issue, but I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

An episode from a TV Show is unplayable. When I try to go to the episode in Plex, error message: 

Something went wrong

An unexpected error occurred.

I figured the episode file was broken and tried to delete it from plex, but this gives error message: 
There was a problem deleting this item. (I can do this with any other episode no problem)

So then I went to sonarr, deleted the show, restarted sonarr and plex, same issue, episode is listed, can't play or delete it.

Then tried to delete the entire show from plex, same error message.

Then I deleted the entire show from sonarr and restarted the unraid server, show is still listed and I cant delete it. And now I cant view the show at all.

Figured I would try to delete all the metadata and media files from appdata for this show, but can't find out how I can find the corresponding metadata or files in appdata for this show

Is there a way for find the corresponding metadata and media files in appdata plex folder? Or maybe another way to solve this issue? All other shows work fine, this is only a problem with this 1 show, and worked fine a few weeks ago.

I dont know why, but plex has stopped working. I am getting

2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22928360935568 for <Subprocess at 22928360934704 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22928360939648 for <Subprocess at 22928360934704 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2023-04-21 17:35:18,666 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 131
2023-04-21 17:35:19,667 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2023-04-21 17:35:24,372 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: no such table: metadata_agent_providers for SQL: update metadata_agent_providers set online = 0 (N4soci10soci_errorE)

showing up in the logs and appdata restore is not working, i did try linux server plex docker which worked fine, when I copied the appdata across. when i go to the webpage, i am presented with Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations which has been going for several hours.

1 hour ago, Goldmaster said:

2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22928360935568 for <Subprocess at 22928360934704 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22928360939648 for <Subprocess at 22928360934704 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2023-04-21 17:35:17,664 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2023-04-21 17:35:19,667 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: no such table: metadata_agent_providers for SQL: update metadata_agent_providers set online = 0 (N4soci10soci_errorE)

showing up in the logs and appdata restore is not working, i did try linux server plex docker which worked fine, when I copied the appdata across. when i go to the webpage, i am presented with Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations which has been going for several hours.

Hello, 

I have exaclty the same problem in my side : Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: no such table: metadata_agent_providers for SQL: update metadata_agent_providers set online = 0 (N4soci10soci_errorE)

If someone know how to correct this ! :) 

2 hours ago, ohmaxx said:

If someone know how to correct this !

only thing to do is migrate your plex appdata to the offical docker image. you may need to change the docker template to match your appdata. for example, in the offical template, set container path to be /media and also set to read only to protect your library files.

just pull down the container, then stop it. then delete the plex media sever folder in the official plex appdata container folder, then copy your binhex plex media server arccross. start up the offical plex container, and you should find it will all work. just also be sure to change version to beta to get beta upgdates if you are plex pass holder.

Update

It looks to be a bug in plex beta, and would have been updated into the docker. I wonder if @binhex could temporerly role back the docker image to the last working stable version?

Edited by Goldmaster
from testing with the offical docker image, it apperes to be a bug as i get the problem in the offical docker image when using beta version
only thing to do is migrate your plex appdata to the offical docker image. you may need to change the docker template to match your appdata. for example, in the offical template, set container path to be /media and also set to read only to protect your library files.

just pull down the container, then stop it. then delete the plex media sever folder in the official plex appdata container folder, then copy your binhex plex media server arccross. start up the offical plex container, and you should find it will all work. just also be sure to change version to beta to get beta upgdates if you are plex pass holder.

Update
It looks to be a bug in plex beta, and would have been updated into the docker. I wonder if @binhex could temporerly role back the docker image to the last working stable version?
No need to roll back, you simply specify the tagged version you want. In any case I see a new version came out shortly after the previous one, I assume it has the fix included, so pull latest and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, binhex said:

No need to roll back, you simply specify the tagged version you want. In any case I see a new version came out shortly after the previous one, I assume it has the fix included, so pull latest and see if that fixes it.

Hello, thanks for your answer i just did the last update but like Goldmaster it doesn't fix the issue 

35 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

That doesn't fix the issue. where do i specify the correct version to use?

I have change the version of the docker to an older one and it's working. I have "rollback" to 1.32.0.6950-1-01 version to do that you just need to edit your docker, in the repository you add ":versionnumber" 

image.thumb.png.f4ffa4cb05ca01b435efacefff27f319.png

• Like 2
Thank you, I will switch to stable or use the official docker image.
Official will do you no favours, it's exactly the same app and version, the difference is how I package it and the support (there is none on here for official Plex), but the choice is of course completely yours.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ohmaxx said:

I have change the version of the docker to an older one and it's working. I have "rollback" to 1.32.0.6950-1-01 version to do that you just need to edit your docker, in the repository you add ":versionnumber" 

image.thumb.png.f4ffa4cb05ca01b435efacefff27f319.png

Wow, thank you so much for posting this. Been tearing my hair yesterday and today. Restoring various databases, running database repairs, etc. This is what finally fixed it for me.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 7:44 AM, binhex said:

Official will do you no favours, it's exactly the same app and version, the difference is how I package it and the support (there is none on here for official Plex), but the choice is of course completely yours.

@binhex , I have a corrupt DB that I can't repair on the official PLEX release.  It runs "fine" (?), but I get a weekly notice it is corrupt. I would like to migrate to your docker, but can't update past 1.32.0.6973-a787c5a8e without the docker crashing with this error-

Is there a way I can export a fresh (not corrupt) DB without having to start all over?

4 minutes ago, dja said:

I have a corrupt DB that I can't repair on the official PLEX release.  It runs "fine" (?), but I get a weekly notice it is corrupt

you need to repair the database first before you consider switching over, you could ask on the plex forums for how to do this, there are steps you can try to take to repair the database.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I keep getting a database malformed issue. I'm running on two newer NVMe drives and have no detectable memory errors. I would like some help trying to get this resolved as it's made some of the movies and tv episodes unplayable.

Please let me know what logs you need. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 2:37 AM, Goldmaster said:

On 5/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, EvilTiger said:

I just posted what appears to be the same issue with the "latest" tag docker image. Sorry for reposting, i didnt see this post prior to submitting mine.

I've been able to workaround it by doing the same as you, using a specific version tag and not grabbing the latest version of the docker image.

Following this thread now as well as mine ...

Best regards,

-Tiger

I solved this issue with my linuxserver version of Plex. I assume it would fix this version as well.

From what I could see when I spun up a different instance of Plex is that the com.plexapp.plugins.library.db database was missing the metadata_agent_providers table. The freshly built instance did have this table, with 5 records.

To resolve, I stopped the container, created a backup of the database file and then executed the following commands in sqlite3 to create the table and records. I am not responsible for any damage this will cause, but I have been able to update my docker from 1.32.0 to the latest version. I don't know if there will be any long term impacts to this manual correction.

If you don't know how to open an SQLite3 database or where to find this database, Google is your friend.

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "metadata_agent_providers" (
	"id"	INTEGER NOT NULL,
	"identifier"	varchar(255),
	"title"	varchar(255),
	"uri"	varchar(255),
	"agent_type"	integer,
	"metadata_types"	varchar(255),
	"online"	boolean,
	"created_at"	dt_integer(8) NOT NULL,
	"updated_at"	dt_integer(8) NOT NULL,
	"extra_data"	varchar(255),
	PRIMARY KEY("id" AUTOINCREMENT)
);
INSERT INTO "metadata_agent_providers" VALUES (1,'tv.plex.agents.movie','Plex Movie','provider://tv.plex.provider.metadata',0,'1',1,1687738830,1687738830,'');
INSERT INTO "metadata_agent_providers" VALUES (2,'tv.plex.agents.series','Plex Series','provider://tv.plex.provider.metadata',0,'2,3,4',1,1687738830,1687738830,'');
INSERT INTO "metadata_agent_providers" VALUES (3,'tv.plex.agents.music','Plex Music','provider://tv.plex.provider.metadata',0,'8,9,10',1,1687738830,1687738830,'');
INSERT INTO "metadata_agent_providers" VALUES (4,'org.musicbrainz.agents.music','MusicBrainz','provider://tv.plex.provider.metadata',0,'8,9,10',1,1687738830,1687738830,'');
INSERT INTO "metadata_agent_providers" VALUES (5,'tv.plex.agents.none','Plex Personal Media','',0,'1,2,3,4,8,9,10,20,21,22',1,1687738830,1687738830,'');
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS "index_metadata_agent_providers_on_identifier" ON "metadata_agent_providers" (
	'identifier'
);
CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS "index_metadata_agent_providers_on_uri" ON "metadata_agent_providers" (
	'uri'
);
CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS "index_metadata_agent_providers_on_online" ON "metadata_agent_providers" (
	'online'
);
COMMIT;