[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-plexpass in the binhex repo.

Application: Plex Pass - https://plex.tv/subscription/about

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-plexpass/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-plexpass

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1

IMPORTANT - This Docker image allows Plex Pass account holders to get early access to new features which is great, HOWEVER it also means you are more susceptible to newly introduced bugs.

If you value stability over shiny new features then please consider running binhex-plex instead, link to support below:-
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44141-support-binhex-plex/

Note - To be clear, the binhex-plex Docker Image still allows you access to all the additional features you get with a Plex Pass account, it just means you will get delayed access to any NEW features added by Plex developers.

Edited by binhex

Existing users please read

If you download the latest Docker image as of 16th Feb 2016 then permissions and ownership will be applied on startup, if you want to avoid this happening then please create an empty file called "perms.txt" in the root of the host mapped /config folder.  Please note permissions will ONLY be applied on FIRST RUN with the new image, after that a perms.txt file is automatically created and it will not re-apply permissions unless the file is manually deleted.

The reason i am doing this is to further allow the user to define the user and group the container runs as via UID and GID env vars, this means non unraid users can now more easily run the containers as any user, as opposed to being forced to set perms manually for user "nobody". This also helps people easily sort out any permissions issues by simply deleting the /config/perms.txt file to force a re-apply of the correct permissions for the container.

Note

If you do not create /config/perms.txt then please expect a wait whilst permissions are set on the first run, you can expect wait times of up to 15 mins for large metadata collections, if your unsure whether its still applying changes then please check /config/supervisord.log

• 2 weeks later...

Hey binhex, thanks for all your hard work. I keep getting this issue appearing in my logs:

2016-02-03 23:06:46,406 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:

Error loading bundle code.

When viewing the log.

I've installed the absolute scanner and HamaTV and i think these aren't working very well, i need the absolute scanner for anime... I'd like to see where it errors out but the log viewer just doesn't load after 1-2 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Binhex,

I use 5 of your dockers; many thanks for all the hard work you put in on keeping them up and running.

I woke up this morning and noticed all 5 had updates available.  After the updates the dockers are running, there is heavily load on my CPU but I am getting connection refused when trying to connect via web interface to each docker.  I am using:

Deluge

SABnzbd

Sonarr

Movegrabber

PlexPass Media Server

As the CPU load was heavy I stopped all the services till I can figure out what is going on.  I have restarted each docker individually but still cannot connect.

Any thoughts?  Having all key programs down is a bit unsettling.

TIA!!

Greg

there was a missing script on a few of the dockers, this has now been corrected and new images built, the heavy load you saw for plex is due to the implementation of permissions being set on first run, see post 2. of this thread, if you killed this half way through then i would probably advise updating to the latest image, then stop the containers, delete the file perms.txt in /config if present and then starting again, please wait whilst permissions are set initially, once done it will NOT run again unless you manually delete the perms.txt file.

there was a missing script on a few of the dockers, this has now been corrected and new images built, the heavy load you saw for plex is due to the implementation of permissions being set on first run, see post 2. of this thread, if you killed this half way through then i would probably advise updating to the latest image, then stop the containers, delete the file perms.txt in /config if present and then starting again, please wait whilst permissions are set initially, once done it will NOT run again unless you manually delete the perms.txt file.

The lesson here is check for messages on the boards before you do any updates.  The download programs are back up but have not worked on plex yet, will get it sorted.

I used to post on the SABnzb boards as a long time user of Moviegrabber, still think it is the best and glad to have it back up and running after upgrading to 6+ version of Unraid.  Still think Movegrabber is way better than alternatives. 

MANY THANKS from a long time user, seldom poster.

Greg

The lesson here is check for messages on the boards before you do any updates.  The download programs are back up but have not worked on plex yet, will get it sorted.

I used to post on the SABnzb boards as a long time user of Moviegrabber, still think it is the best and glad to have it back up and running after upgrading to 6+ version of Unraid.  Still think Movegrabber is way better than alternatives. 

Greg

nice to know i still have a few users of MovieGrabber, im still tinkering with it, need to do a complete overhaul of the webui, add in magnet support etc at some point, when/if i get time :-).

Any chance you get update this for the latest version that was released yesterday.  Not sure if that will fix my issue but a couple friends can't access Plex.

just to confirm are you talking plex pass or plex?, if its plex then i built the latest release this morning.

Love Moviegrabber, not sure what all the alternatives are, but I definitely don't like CouchPotato.  Just a vote of confidence :)

Greg

nice to know i still have a few users of MovieGrabber, im still tinkering with it, need to do a complete overhaul of the webui, add in magnet support etc at some point, when/if i get time :-).

Love Moviegrabber, not sure what all the alternatives are, but I definitely don't like CouchPotato.  Just a vote of confidence :)

Greg

Cheers, that's nice to know, CP really is the only alternative I know of for movies.

Hi Binhex,

I just upgraded to latest binhex dockers as all needed to be updated.  Two are not working properly.

Plex Pass:  when I load via web to server:port, I get a message about an unclaimed server, but main issue is that I CANNOT access server settings.  I have reloaded docker, restarted server, but nothing is working.  Web search shows a fix for a similar problem from about a year ago where people delete framework and system bundles, but I can't find those, so I am thinking maybe the architect is different on current vefsions of PMS.  Any ideas here?  All was good prior to the update, but now I can't access via outside my network or via my media players.

Also can't connect to SABnzbd, but have not looked into that yet.

TIA,

Greg

Hi Binhex,

I just upgraded to latest binhex dockers as all needed to be updated.  Two are not working properly.

Plex Pass:  when I load via web to server:port, I get a message about an unclaimed server, but main issue is that I CANNOT access server settings.  I have reloaded docker, restarted server, but nothing is working.  Web search shows a fix for a similar problem from about a year ago where people delete framework and system bundles, but I can't find those, so I am thinking maybe the architect is different on current vefsions of PMS.  Any ideas here?  All was good prior to the update, but now I can't access via outside my network or via my media players.

Also can't connect to SABnzbd, but have not looked into that yet.

TIA,

Greg

There was a bug in the previous version that may of set permissions incorrectly, can you force a reapply by stopping the docker and then delete /config/perms.txt then start again and wait, it can take up to 20 mins to apply all permissions for plex. If this works try the same trick for sab.

There was a bug in the previous version that may of set permissions incorrectly, can you force a reapply by stopping the docker and then delete /config/perms.txt then start again and wait, it can take up to 20 mins to apply all permissions for plex. If this works try the same trick for sab.

Thanks.

Deleting the perms.txt for SABnzbd did the trick.

I did the same for plex but it is now resetting permissions and I have a large collection so that takes a long time.  Will report back if that fixes the problem.