[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

It's all working for me now locally and remotley but none of the users I set up can see any media..its asking to install plex media server when the log in..this is the case within the local network....should I delete/disable users and set them up again?

It's all working for me now locally and remotley but none of the users I set up can see any media..its asking to install plex media server when the log in..this is the case within the local network....should I delete/disable users and set them up again?

Yeah I would probably remove them and re add them back again as it sound like they are not registered with your Plex instance

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello binhex,

Was hoping you might be able to help me out. I'm trying to install your docker container on my server but I can't seem to get it to start. I was previously using needo's plex media server container. I removed it and installed your container but it will not start for some reason. I tried to manually start it but nothing happens. I pointed the config to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/ and the media to  /mnt/user/Media/. When I save and open the docker container screen though it shows as stopped and the volume mappings do not show up like the do for other containers and the way it did previously with my last plex server setup. I made sure the access permissions are set to read/write. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Please let me know if you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS: This is what shows up under the log

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99

[info] Env var PGID defined as 100

[info] Setting permissions recursively on /config...

Hello binhex,

Was hoping you might be able to help me out. I'm trying to install your docker container on my server but I can't seem to get it to start. I was previously using needo's plex media server container. I removed it and installed your container but it will not start for some reason. I tried to manually start it but nothing happens. I pointed the config to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/ and the media to  /mnt/user/Media/. When I save and open the docker container screen though it shows as stopped and the volume mappings do not show up like the do for other containers and the way it did previously with my last plex server setup. I made sure the access permissions are set to read/write. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Please let me know if you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS: This is what shows up under the log

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99

Depending on what is in the /config folder you defined, it can take anything from a few secs to a few mins to complete the task of setting permissions so I think you may of stopped it too early. Delete the perms.text file and restart the docker and wait if it's still stuck at that pont after ten mins then post back here with your complete supervisord.log file.

I'm not finding the perms.txt or the supervisord.log file file in any of the /config folders. I created one in /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver and removed and re-added the app but I still have the same issue. After installing the app does not start. I tried to manually start it and nothing happens. I have added some screenshots of my docker and plex app setup.

docker.PNG.68857a60d280daaa66a27f4237b60264.PNG

plex_config.PNG.b44e67d0dcdb8c0a31028e48d6506f95.PNG

I'm not finding the perms.txt or the supervisord.log file file in any of the /config folders. I created one in /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver and removed and re-added the app but I still have the same issue. After installing the app does not start. I tried to manually start it and nothing happens. I have added some screenshots of my docker and plex app setup.

ok can you check the permissions for the path you have specified for /config on the host side, the folder should be set for user nobody group users, also can you try issueing the following command via ssh:-

docker logs <name of container>

if you can paste the output from the above command, as ive detailed earlier it can take some time to process all files and folders if the path for /config containers a lot of existing files so please give it a while before you stop it, im assuming youve done this right?.

ok can you check the permissions for the path you have specified for /config on the host side, the folder should be set for user nobody group users, also can you try issueing the following command via ssh:-

if you can paste the output from the above command, as ive detailed earlier it can take some time to process all files and folders if the path for /config containers a lot of existing files so please give it a while before you stop it, im assuming youve done this right?.

binhex thanks for your help.

I checked all the folders in the config path (/mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver) and the nobody user is added to all of them with full control permissions.

I also ran the command you provided, below is the output.

root@Tower:/mnt# docker logs binhex-plexpass

usermod: no changes

[info] Env var PUID  defined as 99

chown: cannot access '/config': No such file or directory

binhex thanks for your help.

I checked all the folders in the config path (/mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver) and the nobody user is added to all of them with full control permissions.

I also ran the command you provided, below is the output.

root@Tower:/mnt# docker logs binhex-plexpass

ok well this would explain why its not getting very far:-

but from your earlier screenshot it looks like this is defined, hmm im confused!. ok can you go to unraid webui, left click the icon for the docker container, select edit, then click on the "advanced view" button top right, can you take another screenshot please of this and post it, also can you double check there are no leading/trailing spaces for the container path /config, if there are then remove them and click save and see what happens.

but from your earlier screenshot it looks like this is defined, hmm im confused!. ok can you go to unraid webui, left click the icon for the docker container, select edit, then click on the "advanced view" button top right, can you take another screenshot please of this and post it, also can you double check there are no leading/trailing spaces for the container path /config, if there are then remove them and click save and see what happens.

"also can you double check there are no leading/trailing spaces for the container path /config, if there are then remove them and click save and see what happens."

Wow thanks Binhex did not even catch that.

So it seems the issue was with a space on the media volume path and once I deleted the space and saved it the app started right up. I guess now I wait for the permissions to process? The app is running but I'm not able to access the sever from the webui.

"also can you double check there are no leading/trailing spaces for the container path /config, if there are then remove them and click save and see what happens."

Wow thanks Binhex did not even catch that.

So it seems the issue was with a space on the media volume path and once I deleted the space and saved it the app started right up. I guess now I wait for the permissions to process? The app is running but I'm not able to access the sever from the webui.

Did you also check for spaces on /config ?

Checked the config path and there were no spaces. Added screenshot of the advanced config. App has been running for over 2 hours now and still not able to access the server from the webui.

OK can you run the docker logs command again and post the output, also can you now see the supervisord.log file yet in the /config host path?

Docker logs:

root@Tower:~# docker logs binhex-plexpass

[info] Starting Supervisor...

2016-07-18 11:13:25,351 CRIT Set uid to user 0

2016-07-18 11:13:25,351 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing

2016-07-18 11:13:25,355 INFO supervisord started with pid 14

2016-07-18 11:13:26,360 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 17

2016-07-18 11:13:27,361 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

supervisord.log:

2016-07-18 11:13:25,351 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing

2016-07-18 11:13:27,361 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Docker logs:

root@Tower:~# docker logs binhex-plexpass

[info] Starting Supervisor...

supervisord.log:

this looks like a successful start to me, so if you open a web browser and go to http://<your unraid servers ip>:32400/web/index.html do you not see the plex webui?.

Any idea when it will show the version 1 update they released a few days ago?

its already there, the update not showing is an unraid bug, left click, edit, dont change anything, click save, this forces the update

Been having this problem for a few weeks now but didn't bother to look for an answer until today, thank you sir.  Keep up the awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

New update out 3 days ago. Your docker repository auto update script not working? Sickrage has had some updates out for a couple of days too. Just a head up.

dont worry, i track app updates, the reason for the delay is simply to do with the delay in this hitting arch user repo and the weekend :-), sickrage, plex, and plex pass are all now built. i will one day create a python script that automatically does all this for me, just gotta find the time.

oh and just to confirm squid is exactly right, there is no auto update on reboot for any of my dockers, several reasons for this which i wont bore you with.

oh and just to confirm squid is exactly right, there is no auto update on reboot for any of my dockers, several reasons for this which i wont bore you with.

And I would like to thank you immensely for this. For several reasons.  ;D

I really wish you would parallel more of lsio's containers, I would love to be able to start my server with no internet and not have to work without some of my containers.

And I would like to thank you immensely for this. For several reasons.  ;D

I really wish you would parallel more of lsio's containers, I would love to be able to start my server with no internet and not have to work without some of my containers.

thats nice to know someone likes the idea of static docker images :-), ive never really thought of it as a pro for no internet connectivity as so many apps rely on internet connectivity, but i can see where thats useful, Plex for one.