[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

Running the latest version on 6.7.0-rc5, Plex is constantly using over 40% of memory. That's over 6.5GB. Even when it's doing no recordings, plays or transcoding. Does this seem right or is there a problem?

Edit: I've had my server maxing out CPU and memory and needing reboot every few days for the last few weeks, could this be caused by the new Plex version with the transcode problems?

Edited by Rick Gillyon
On 3/2/2019 at 2:04 AM, Fredrick said:

Access to my server via apps (Android, Libreelec) are somehow gone and I cant figure out what I can do to fix it. I can access the server fine through webui, both local and WAN. The server has green checkmark under network.

I cant see anything in the log for the container, and not sure where the logs are for Android app. Maybe I could get a log for libreelec?

I've tried disabling SSL on the server to rule that out, I've tried downgrading PMS and I've tried rebooting pretty much everything multiple times. 

Any ideas?

Try rolling back.  See posts linked below.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44142-support-binhex-plex-pass/?do=findComment&comment=725645

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44142-support-binhex-plex-pass/?do=findComment&comment=725170

• Like 1
On 2/28/2019 at 8:52 AM, binhex said:

this sounds like your docker image file is full, go to the dashboard and check the percentage utilisation shown for the "flash log docker" (3rd bar), i would assume it will be close to 100% thus stopping you downloading/starting any containers.

My flash log docker is showing 3% utilization.

Here is where Docker gets stuck when I try to add the PlexPass app back (and my other dockers won't start up - I only have 3 others, binhex DelugeVPN, binhex Krusader & MakeMKV).. And while this is happening, I have several CPU cores maxed at 100%....

IMG-6622.JPG

Edited by BBLV
59 minutes ago, BBLV said:

Here is where Docker gets stuck when I try to add the PlexPass app back (and my other dockers won't start up - I only have 3 others, binhex DelugeVPN, binhex Krusader & MakeMKV).. And while this is happening, I have several CPU cores maxed at 100%....

ok and it never gets passed pulling the layer?, does it always get stuck at 64%?

1 hour ago, BBLV said:

My flash log docker is showing 3% utilization.

flash log docker is actually 3 separate things, so there will be a different utilisation values for each, what is it for the last bar (docker)?.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Rick Gillyon said:

Edit: I've had my server maxing out CPU and memory and needing reboot every few days for the last few weeks, could this be caused by the new Plex version with the transcode problems?

plex have screwed up on build 1.15, if i were you i would roll back, same for you @RevLaw 

if you dont know how to do that:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44142-support-binhex-plex-pass/?do=findComment&comment=725645

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok and it never gets passed pulling the layer?, does it always get stuck at 64%?

flash log docker is actually 3 separate things, so there will be a different utilisation values for each, what is it for the last bar (docker)?.

It has fully pulled the last layer, then gave me that "failed to register layer" error that I posted about earlier, and since then it has gotten stuck at 68% and then at 64% this morning. I just have to powerdown the server so half the cores aren't running maxed after this happens. Docker is then inaccessible, as is Community Apps, so I've given up troubleshooting as I'm stuck at this point.

Flash log docker's 3 columns read: 3%   1%   19%

On 2/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, binhex said:

you will need to go back to this tag "1.14.1.5488-1-01", if you dont know how to do that then check Q12 in the following link:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433612

Yes I'm on that version right now. Still having similar issues to above. Seems to last for a day or two before library updating and matadata refresh stops working. Also getting error of "There was a problem deleting this item" when I try removing media from the library. The only thing that seems to fix it is restoring from a backup of the database, but then it happens again within a day or two. Have also gone through the suggested steps of fixing corruption in the database - doesn't seem to help.

16 hours ago, BBLV said:

It has fully pulled the last layer, then gave me that "failed to register layer" error that I posted about earlier, and since then it has gotten stuck at 68% and then at 64% this morning. I just have to powerdown the server so half the cores aren't running maxed after this happens. Docker is then inaccessible, as is Community Apps, so I've given up troubleshooting as I'm stuck at this point.

Flash log docker's 3 columns read: 3%   1%   19%

ok thanks for the above, so looks like you arent low on space, so your issue must be down to one or both of the following issues:-

1. corruption to cache drive

2. corruption of docker img (this contains all docker images and containers)

so its most probably docker image corruption, you will need to stop the docker service, delete your docker image and then re-create it, then restore your containers, steps to do this (stolen from a previous post):-

Go to settings then docker, turn off the docker service, then delete the existing docker.img.  Recreate it by specifying the size and location then restart the service.  You'll need to repull any containers but that's a quick easy job by going in the docker tab and selecting my-<name of the app>.xml in the dropdown menu and clicking add, as long as you haven't moved the appdata it should just work again.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, binhex said:

ok thanks for the above, so looks like you arent low on space, so your issue must be down to one or both of the following issues:-

1. corruption to cache drive

2. corruption of docker img (this contains all docker images and containers)

so its most probably docker image corruption, you will need to stop the docker service, delete your docker image and then re-create it, then restore your containers, steps to do this (stolen from a previous post):-

Again, thanks for the help binhex. Rebuilding the docker image fixed my issues.

In hindsight, I did add a second cache drive and created a cache pool around the same time the problems started occurring. Maybe something got corrupted during that process...

2 minutes ago, BBLV said:

Again, thanks for the help binhex. Rebuilding the docker image fixed my issues.

In hindsight, I did add a second cache drive and created a cache pool around the same time the problems started occurring. Maybe something got corrupted during that process...

yeah possibly something got corrupted during the move over to cache pool. if you have the space and want to save a bit of time pulling down all the images then there is nothing stopping you making a backup of that docker.img file, just stop the docker service, copy the file somewhere (array would be fine) then start docker again, if you ever then get into a state where things go bad then you can always just stop docker and overwrite the docker.img with the backup and you will be up and running very quickly, only downside being that you might be slightly out of date (depending on how frequently you backup), but that is a simple press of the update all button to fix it.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, RevLaw said:

Hey Guys,

can someone tell me why my Plex Server dosen't work?

I cannot update the metadata and the search function dosen't work anymore. Should I reinstall it or is there another way.

It worked before all fine.

Any ideas? 

FWIW

I was able to pull metadata in version 6.6.6

That stopped in version 6.6.7

I reverted back to 6.6.6 and can once again pull the metadata.

5 hours ago, lockrob2000 said:

FWIW

I was able to pull metadata in version 6.6.6

That stopped in version 6.6.7

I reverted back to 6.6.6 and can once again pull the metadata.

Mine's been spotty since 6.6.7. Some pull, some don't. Not sure what's broken and not sophisticated enough to even begin looking.

Hi...

I've installed the binhex-plexpass app and I'm stuck with "Looking for servers..."

image.thumb.png.21238cd6448b2522276e2ff99282cc16.png

I've tried to SSH tunnel:

$ ssh 192.168.1.16 -L 8888:localhost:32400
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.16 port 22: Connection refused

My UnRAID server is an headless server...

Please, help me! Thank you!

14 hours ago, Trapizomba said:

Hi...

I've installed the binhex-plexpass app and I'm stuck with "Looking for servers..."

image.thumb.png.21238cd6448b2522276e2ff99282cc16.png

I've tried to SSH tunnel:

$ ssh 192.168.1.16 -L 8888:localhost:32400
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.16 port 22: Connection refused

My UnRAID server is an headless server...

Please, help me! Thank you!

There are issues with plexpass:latest, try the version mentioned below and see if that helps

On 2/27/2019 at 4:24 AM, binhex said:

you will need to go back to this tag "1.14.1.5488-1-01", if you dont know how to do that then check Q12 in the following link:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433612

Update on my library not updating consistently. I updated the container to the latest version (per binhex's post earlier today) and found that the library scanning options are all unchecked by default. Checked the appropriate boxes in my Plex WebUI settings, forced a library scan, and voila! Back to normal!

15 hours ago, leeknight1981 said:

Hi just updated the docker but i still have 0mbps as Bandwidth, Local & Remote in Plex desktop and Web GUI, I know there maybe far more important things to fix but this would be helpful. 

please keep in mind i just package what is available to me, if there is a bug in plex then you will need to raise this with the plex team (i am not a plex developer).

• Upvote 1

Perhaps someone can help me with this.

I have had my system set up with separate shares for each of my media types for a while, (not under "Media", but stand-alone) but now (after an update) I cannot get the system to see any of them.

No, let me change that, it sees that they are there and shows them in Plex, but when chosen gives an error of "Please check the file exists, and the necessary drive is mounted".

Can someone point me in the right direction? Or tell me if it is possible at this point to re-order the shares so that all my media is seen under "Media"?

thanks-