[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

1 minute ago, zbron said:

Thanks so much for replying back - I just read over the attached link (thanks for providing the resource), and can't figure out exactly how I've messed with the volume mapping up. Below I've attached screenshots of everything I see in the advanced view.

1.thumb.png.7f960d79e38ea202e02d7b58deaaed46.png2.thumb.png.59bb3c2fd40bbe083d3fc078a2fc5f60.png3.png.80f0e956167061737ec88cf5fb450b29.png

ahh yep i see the issue, so TRANS_DIR is NOT a volume mapping, its an environment variable, this is used to define what the path is to your transcode folder INSIDE of the container, its not supposed to be a mapping to your hosts file system (as in unraid). 

so what should it be i hear you say, well looking at what you are trying to achieve you could simply set TRANS_DIR to /config/Transcode that will then map via /config share to host path of /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Transcode (or something similar, depends if you customised the path for /config).

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

ahh yep i see the issue, so TRANS_DIR is NOT a volume mapping, its an environment variable, this is used to define what the path is to your transcode folder INSIDE of the container, its not supposed to be a mapping to your hosts file system (as in unraid). 

so what should it be i hear you say, well looking at what you are trying to achieve you could simply set TRANS_DIR to /config/Transcode that will then map via /config share to host path of /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Transcode (or something similar, depends if you customised the path for /config).

Thank you! The docker container appears to be working correctly now, really appreciate the help.

• Like 1

This is from a Reddit on Plex not pulling metadata and I need help-

"level 6

ucrbuffalo

1 point·1 year ago

Yes! It turns out that for some reason Plex didn’t have the permissions it needed. I just set its subdirectories all to 777 and it worked fine.

level 7

jeffreybrown93

1 point·1 year ago

Weird.. Do you mean in the /media mount or in the /appdata directory?

Thanks for getting back to me!

level 8

ucrbuffalo

2 points·1 year ago

In /appdata where Plex keeps its database and metadata. In my case, I had moved all of that to a separate SSD so that it could be separate from my cache drive (which fills up fairly quickly, especially with a 90+ GB database). So everything existed at /mnt/disks/SSD1/Plex/

I went into the terminal, and used “chmod -R 777 /mnt/disks/SSD1/Plex/“ (you may want to double check my syntax, I’m not 100% on that off the top of my head). It took about a minute for it to do that to all the files but when it finished, I just went back to Plex and tested it on one show by using “Refresh Metadata” and it worked! At that point I went ahead and refreshed the entire library."

Binhex - (thanks for the Plex docker) is this a way to fix the metadata not downloading issue?

If so, how is this accomplished in the docker?

Is it even something that can be done? I am over my head trying to figure this out, and don't want to do anything that may F things up.

Thanks

11 hours ago, lockrob2000 said:

OK, as per a post I found in Reddit, I got it to start pulling metadata again by mapping these ports to the container.

ports mapped to container:

32400/tcp

3005/tcp

8324/tcp

32469/tcp

1900/udp

32410/udp

32412/udp

32413/udp

32414/udp

Did I make a big mistake?

in a word yes :-), this docker image is designed to run in network host mode NOT bridge mode, and thus you do not need to (and cannot) define the ports, if you have switched it to bridge mode then i would encourage you to switch it back to host mode. i have no idea why this has 'fixed' your metadata issue, i would suspect its just a coincidence and whatever the source of the problem is/was its now been resolved.

Edited by binhex

Thanks-

I will go back and remove the mapping to see if you are right and it was just a coincidence.

I was thinking of removing them and putting them back anyway, one at a time to see if they all need to be there.

My Plex install is set up in Host mode, but was not pulling metadata until I defined the ports. Would the install have automatically switched to Bridge when I mapped a port? I'll recheck when I get back from work.

36 minutes ago, lockrob2000 said:

Would the install have automatically switched to Bridge when I mapped a port?

nope, you would manually have to do this, just to check you are running the binhex-plex pass docker image right?, i think LSIO and others run in bridge mode.

Migrating from Limetech to binhex

I'm currently using the Limetech Plex docker. I'm considering moving to binhex's PlexPass docker. However I'm really concerned about messing the Plex database in this process. There are posts about this and the common advice is to make a backup of the appdata and just copy the path settings from the old container to the new one.

In my mind the appdata (/config) itself is not a problem but the reference to the media might be:

Limetech Host Path 1 (Container path /mnt/): /mnt/

Binhex Host Path 2 (Container Path: /media): /media

Looking at the media info inside Limetech Plex I can see that files are referenced with a starting path of "/mnt/user/movies/Aquaman...". When moving to binhex the files would be found in /media/movies/Aquaman...". I'm worried that Plex will see all movies/tv-shows missing and then re-create all entries losing all the relevant user data (watched, added on etc.).

Has someone done this? How did Plex survive from changing the root media folder? Did it just update the file locations once the library settings were corrected? Or did it go for a full re-creation?

Any help is well appreciated!

Edit: Found an official Plex guide for moving content to new location: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201154537-move-media-content-to-a-new-location/. I guess this is something I have to do then.

Edit2: EPIC fail! The config folder structures are not the same. The binhex Plex started with an empty database which it created next to the old Limetech Plex database. This resulted in Plex starting with the new installation wizard. Comparing the folder structures, it seems that it will be quite a bit more complicated to make this work.
Limetech: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

Binhex: /config/Plex Media Server

Edit3: Moving the "Plex Media Server" folder to the root of the config folder fixed the problem. I'm still in middle of updating my libraries but so far everything is going according to the Plex guide. All metadata seems to stay correct, only the media file location is updated.

Edited by henris
Edit3: Success finally!

Helo @binhex it appears the latest build of plexpass is very very broken

i have two physical unraid servers running a copy and both wont load the gui

the logs are showing unexpected quits then stops retriying as a few moments

Edit*******very odd but both servers main databases corrupted at same time a restored one and only missed two days worth of newly added content 

Edited by Can0nfan
corrupted database it seems

A friend is also having problems with a new install. Took a look last night, reinstalled and tried everything i could to get it running happily but ultimately failed.

From what i remember when i installed things a month or so ago, i started the container, navigated to the GUI, logged in and was greeted by a fresh server to config. 

My friend did the same but after login was presented with his current plex server. Nothing we did was able to initiate a new server setup within the plexpass account. I don't have logs to hand, but will be trying again tomorrow night.

Is it possible to install an older version of the container?

CRITICAL (runtime:709) - Private handlers are no longer supported; couldn't register <bound method StreamService.token_handler of <streamservice.StreamService object at 0x1461d6be3150>>

Im getting this in my logs - not sure if its related - and then the server goes into proxy mode from what i can see.

Any advice on getting a fresh server generated?

12 hours ago, olipassey said:

CRITICAL (runtime:709) - Private handlers are no longer supported; couldn't register <bound method StreamService.token_handler of <streamservice.StreamService object at 0x1461d6be3150>>

Im getting this in my logs - not sure if its related - and then the server goes into proxy mode from what i can see.

Any advice on getting a fresh server generated?

see if Q16. from the following link is relevant:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433612

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, sorry to jump on a thread - i just updated my unraid docker of binhex-plexpass and it seemed to update ok - but now its saying execution error and wont start the docker.

Not sure what to do?

only installed week ago or so from fresh - and now this is the first docker update.

Thanks

Ric

6 hours ago, glancy said:

Hey there, sorry to jump on a thread - i just updated my unraid docker of binhex-plexpass and it seemed to update ok - but now its saying execution error and wont start the docker.

Not sure what to do?

only installed week ago or so from fresh - and now this is the first docker update.

Thanks

Ric

Execution Errors when Starting an app means that there is a problem with the docker "run" command for whatever reason (probably conflicting port or something).  Post the docker run command as per

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Can someone plesae help me figure out how to increase the memory for binhex/arch-airsonic?  I've looked everywhere for the config file but I cant find it.  I have airsonic docker loaded on an unassigned ssd drive if that helps.  I have about 6tb of music and it wont come up anymore.
Wrong support thread.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I am moving from W10 Plex to unraid plex. I see that the config asks for a media folder. Since I set up separate shares for movies, tv instead of media/movies etc.

So I want to change that.

I want to do 

Media/Movies/MovieName

Media/TVShows/Showname/Season#

What would the split level be for this?

7 minutes ago, dbinott said:

I am moving from W10 Plex to unraid plex. I see that the config asks for a media folder. Since I set up separate shares for movies, tv instead of media/movies etc.

So I want to change that.

I want to do 

Media/Movies/MovieName

Media/TVShows/Showname/Season#

What would the split level be for this?

two options:-

add host path '/mt/user/Media' as  '/media' and then add '/media/Movies' and '/media/TV Shows' in plex ui.

or

add host path '/mnt/user/Media/Movies' as /movies (new path) and '/mnt/user/Media/TV Shows' as /tvshows (new path) and then add these in to plex ui (can ignore/delete existing path /media).

btw split level is a thing in unraid (completely different) so im assuming you arent meaning split level actually but more about what to specify as a path for /media right?.