[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

19 hours ago, loady said:

when i log in to the webUI from within unraid, it is saying in the browser that is not secure, i have setup ssl on unraid. if i log into plex.tv it is secure, whstndo i need to do to make access via the dowcker webUI secure as well 

by default plex comes with a self signed certificate for internal connections, however once you enable remote access to plex all devices etc will connect to plex inc and this is correctly secured with a legit cert, so unless you are super paranoid about people snooping on your home lan then i really wouldn't be concerned by this.

This may not be the appropriate place to ask this question, but I'm at a bit of a loss.  I'm having trouble with Remote Access in Plex.  I've opened the ports on my router, but my connections are hit and miss. When I do connect, I keep getting "indirect connection". 

Now, the question is on the private IP address for Plex.  My unraid server is at 10.0.30.200.  If Plex is set to HOST, shouldn't the private IP be in the 10.0.30.200 range?  Because Plex keeps reporting my private IP as 10.0.50.254. While I do have a vlan in the .50 range, nothing is on it at the moment (set up for the future).  No matter what I do, I cannot get Plex to let go of the 10.0.50.254 address, which I believe is why I'm having so much trouble with Remote Access. I believe (no evidence, just blind faith) that everything would work if the private IP was in the same address as the HOST.

Any ideas? I'm asking here because I use BinHex's docker, and I'm not quite understanding the whole HOST vs. bridge thing.

18 hours ago, Moose_Flunky said:

Now, the question is on the private IP address for Plex.  My unraid server is at 10.0.30.200.  If Plex is set to HOST, shouldn't the private IP be in the 10.0.30.200 range?  Because Plex keeps reporting my private IP as 10.0.50.254. While I do have a vlan in the .50 range, nothing is on it at the moment (set up for the future).  No matter what I do, I cannot get Plex to let go of the 10.0.50.254 address,

have you switched off (evil!) uPnP mode in plex and manually set the port?, that will most probably fix it, i do exactly this.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:09.901 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:10.000 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:10.097 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:10.194 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:10.285 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:10.379 [0x146b84461700] Error — [FFMPEG] - No VA display found for device: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Aug 15, 2019 08:49:13.000 [0x146aee960700] Error — [Transcoder] [truehd_eae @ 0x1b74f00] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/config/transcode/pms-bdffedda-fdc4-425f-8e5b-bf2f42bfe6cb/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/asfb7zb1g6ro8311l6nelhd5_1574-0-0.wav'
Aug 15, 2019 08:49:13.000 [0x146aee960700] Error — [Transcoder] [truehd_eae @ 0x1b74f00] error reading output
Aug 15, 2019 08:49:13.001 [0x146aee960700] Error — [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error

VdNNZZc.png

I've noticed the last few days I've been unable to play a bunch of my files. First time this is ever happened. 

I'm using hardware decoding P2000, with linuxserver nvidia app. tried disabling hw also and same issue. Direct play files play fine but any thing needing transcoding wont. 

Any ideas?

--

Edit: Ofc after playing with this for hours and as soon as I post this I figured it out. Just needed to delete \Plex Media Server\Codecs folder and restart the docker. 

Edited by Fiala06
Figured out the issue.

Hello @binhex me with the no WebUI option when i click on the docker again with an update

I think i might have found the root issue and something that must have changed at some point in the docker.....I use under Network Type custom: br0 with that i lose my option for webgui when i left click the docker icon...when its set to bridge. exact same thing. once its set to host the webgui option returns.

I run static IP's as i use DNS entries to be able to ping the docker and access it via a URL i manually set up on PI-Hole's DHCP hostname function for example I can type http://mikeflix.myinternaldomain:32400 into my browser and it loads

Can you look further into this as it only stopped working maybe 6 months to a year ago when i first posted on your github account about it

other dockers i use br0 for host like Tautulli and Duplicati, Sonarr, Radarr and SabNZBd dont have this issue

11 hours ago, Can0nfan said:

I use under Network Type custom: br0 with that i lose my option for webgui when i left click the docker icon...when its set to bridge. exact same thing. once its set to host the webgui option returns.

the correct network type for this particular docker image (and also plex) is 'host', if you are running it in any other mode then unless you are ok with defining the multiple ports and possible issues with connecting to certain plex clients then you COULD run it in bridge mode.

11 hours ago, Can0nfan said:

Can you look further into this as it only stopped working maybe 6 months to a year ago when i first posted on your github account about it

if switching mode from host to bridge or custom bridge is preventing the webui option from displaying then this is purely a unraid web ui bug, and should be raised as such, there isnt anything i can do to work around this, link to issues:- https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/

3 hours ago, binhex said:

the correct network type for this particular docker image (and also plex) is 'host', if you are running it in any other mode then unless you are ok with defining the multiple ports and possible issues with connecting to certain plex clients then you COULD run it in bridge mode.

if switching mode from host to bridge or custom bridge is preventing the webui option from displaying then this is purely a unraid web ui bug, and should be raised as such, there isnt anything i can do to work around this, link to issues:- https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/

I can report there too but the plexpass docker so far is the only one having this issue I have been using br0 for quite sometime and this has not been an issue in the past only in the last 6 months or so, downgrading unraid has not solved it. it broke on the initial 6.7 update and only comes back using host (my OCD doesnt want to use that as I prefer to type a url into my browser to load the gui and it dont have issues with ports or remote access as port forwarding is to the docker now and not the unraid server itself

The other dockers are not having this issue when using br0 or bridge mode by chance then im curious why its only this docker

Edited by Can0nfan
9 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

The other dockers are not having this issue when using br0 or bridge mode by chance then im curious why its only this docker

ok bit of quick testing, here is what is going on:-

firstly this container is supposed to run in host mode, this means no defined ports (not required as it talks directly on the hosts network). You then switched the network type from 'host' to 'bridge' or 'custom bridge', the problem now is you wont be able to connect to the container because there are no defined ports, and because there are no ports defined the web ui link wont show (as there are no ports to map the link to).

so two ways around this:-

1. dont change it from host mode and be happy, you will see the web ui link.

2. switch to bridge or custom bridge and define the required ports for plex, you wll then magically see the web ui link will show (tested this).

so why isnt this a problem with the other images you listed? because they are designed to run in bridge mode, with defined ports, so no issue.

8 minutes ago, binhex said:

so two ways around this:-

1. dont change it from host mode and be happy, you will see the web ui link.

2. switch to bridge or custom bridge and define the required ports for plex, you wll then magically see the web ui link will show (tested this).

awesomre thanks..for option 2...i suppose i define ports in the docker configuration can you please inform me which ports? im using standard 32400 on one server and 32401 (external) to 32400 internal on other server 

2 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

awesomre thanks..for option 2...i suppose i define ports in the docker configuration can you please inform me which ports? im using standard 32400 on one server and 32401 (external) to 32400 internal on other server 

you will need to define all of these ports:-

-p 32400:32400 \
  -p 32400:32400/udp \
  -p 32469:32469 \
  -p 32469:32469/udp \
  -p 5353:5353/udp \
  -p 1900:1900/udp

note - this is not recommended!, some plex clients may not be able to communicate with the plex server (thus host mode is the default).

1 minute ago, binhex said:

you will need to define all of these ports:-

-p 32400:32400 \
  -p 32400:32400/udp \
  -p 32469:32469 \
  -p 32469:32469/udp \
  -p 5353:5353/udp \
  -p 1900:1900/udp

note - this is not recommended!, some plex clients may not be able to communicate with the plex server (thus host mode is the default).

I will give it a try on the one I only share with a select few people (my 4K one) and see..it it works out with little to no complaints and all my devices can reach internally and externally ill apply it to my main one

may i ask where these ports are put into the docker? under add ports? or extra parameters?

3 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

I will give it a try on the one I only share with a select few people (my 4K one) and see..it it works out with little to no complaints and all my devices can reach internally and externally ill apply it to my main one

may i ask where these ports are put into the docker? under add ports? or extra parameters?

add ports

7 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

hmmm i added them and still a no go unless i did something wrong here is the docker config, i see the docker config section doesnt understand what ports displaying "???"

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 9.35.07 AM.png

you havent defined the container port, you need to set the host and container port for each port i listed above

Edited by binhex
8 minutes ago, binhex said:

you havent defined the container port, you need to set the host and container port for each port i listed above

hmmm i went to add port and container port is the only option, host is not

***doh my bad add to description

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 9.47.50 AM.png

Edited by Can0nfan
4 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

hmmm i went to add port and container port is the only option, host is not

***doh my bad add to description

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 9.47.50 AM.png

your screenshot looks a bit wacky!, it should look like this:-

image.png.cb038c2ba9c490051ebdad97e8612d41.png

note you will need to switch to bridge or custom bridge first, then apply, then edit again and then add the ports, defining both container AND host port.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

your screenshot looks a bit wacky!, it should look like this:-

image.png.cb038c2ba9c490051ebdad97e8612d41.png

note you will need to switch to bridge or custom bridge first, then apply, then edit again and then add the ports, defining both container AND host port.

ahh ok that makes sense ill do that and report back thanks. got to get ready for work

2 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

yeah my unraid 6.7.2 isnt giving me the same options you have

host and bridge show the same window

man im blind today sorry about that

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.02.25 AM.png

hmm so custom bridge seems to have a limitation/bug, if you choose custom bridge then it looks like you cannot define both host and container port, so yor only option is default bridge (or host of course).