[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

I have had issues twice now randomly where the docker container shows its running, throws no errors but you cant connect to to the plex server (docker container) its running within the settings of 32400 but when you connect to it it doesnt pull anything up. It was working yesterday find. 

Ive done a server reboot, no luck in fixing. not sure what happens as i have not updated anything.

anyone else have this issue and if so how did you fix. 

the allocations shows:

binhex-plexpasshost192.168.1.2 '???'   (had to put quotes on '???' due to it changing into an emoji

Network type is host, all other Docker and VM's are working fine.

Edited by Shaank0
fix format
14 hours ago, Acps said:

Not sure if this is possible, but theres a plugin I was wondering if you could install into your docker?

https://github.com/Cigaras/IPTV.bundle

Or is this something I can do on my end?

Thanks in advance

Hi Acps,

That's something you handle yourself, navigate to your appdata directory for this container:
`./appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/` (for me `/mnt/disks/ssd240/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/` since my containers run off my main array) 

There you will find any bundles installed for plex:

403897278 drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users  61 Nov  2  2018 Audiobooks.bundle/
403897285 drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users  39 Nov  2  2018 HdbitsSubtitles.bundle/
  1339160 drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users  22 Oct 10 18:41 Sub-Zero.bundle/
  1287830 drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users  58 Nov  2  2018 Trakttv.bundle/
270108051 drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users 130 May 20  2019 WebTools.bundle/

So that's where you want to copy your new bundle.

Good luck!

Hi All, 

Have an issue with my Plex Pass Docker. I updated my OS to 6.8.2 and then rebooted. When started all other dockers started except for Plex. I tired to check a few things, now it disappeared from my dockers list. If I click advanced I see it is orphaned. What should I do?  

I have manged to fix the issue :)

Edited by Tspoon
On 1/31/2020 at 5:08 PM, Shaank0 said:

I have had issues twice now randomly where the docker container shows its running, throws no errors but you cant connect to to the plex server (docker container) its running within the settings of 32400 but when you connect to it it doesnt pull anything up. It was working yesterday find. 

Ive done a server reboot, no luck in fixing. not sure what happens as i have not updated anything.

the allocations shows:

binhex-plexpasshost192.168.1.2 '???'   (had to put quotes on '???' due to it changing into an emoji

Yep same thing just happened to me.

I'm running the binhex-plex not the binhex-plexpass

I did just upgrade my free plex account to a plex pass, but that was it. I also just added a user, and that was about the time it quit working.

I have the issue that i have Multiple Movie Galleries now. I have deletet them but after restarting binhex-Plex Pass they come back. Any suggestions for me ? I think the Database is the Mainproblem bcz i have 1400 Movies in it. Also i have bad expierence with creating a New Database "Movies" or especially when i try to switch the Agents "crawler" inside Plex Pass.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, jbat66 said:

Yep same thing just happened to me.

I'm running the binhex-plex not the binhex-plexpass

I did just upgrade my free plex account to a plex pass, but that was it. I also just added a user, and that was about the time it quit working.

I had the same issue, but then realized that plex.tv is down with 504 http response code. So it probably has nothing to do with docker, unraid or your server.

Strange behaviour is still happening and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Over a few days an appdata folder is created in my Media share and it's labelled binhex-plexpass and as a result it is (something, god knows what) constantly being written or read to, then high CPU usage is then present. I then delete that appdata folder that gets magically created in my Media share and all goes back to normal. My Cache Drive is setup properly and i've never had this issue in the past it's only recently in the past couple of weeks it's started. My Cache drive settings are all exactly as it was from day one nothing's changed.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, Shaank0 said:

the allocations shows:

Same issue.

1 hour ago, Brendaddio said:

Same issue.

check uPnP settings on your router, if you have switched off uPnP then this will be reason, its also possible that Plex isnt too good at punching holes on your router config and thus the port forward doesnt always get created, check that there is a port forward for port 32400.

i personally would recommend turning off uPnP on your router and do the port forward config tweaks manually.

Hi,

First of all the for everything! I'm not sure if I can post this here but I recently updated my plex server and I thought the update was completed (i'm a n00b to unraid and linux) and I clicked the update two or three times and at one point got an error saying it couldn't find the container. The update seem to have finished since it says "update to date" but I can't access my server with the IP or with any Plex app. Does anyone know what I could do to fix it? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by BalouBougon
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 2:37 AM, Tspoon said:

Hi All, 

Have an issue with my Plex Pass Docker. I updated my OS to 6.8.2 and then rebooted. When started all other dockers started except for Plex. I tired to check a few things, now it disappeared from my dockers list. If I click advanced I see it is orphaned. What should I do?  

I have manged to fix the issue :)

How did you fix? Having same issue.

Edited by Was a
15 hours ago, Was a said:

How did you fix? Having same issue.

My issue was that I had passed my GPU through to the docker. After the update the variables had changed and I needed to update the nvidia settings first and then I was able to start my Plex docker. Once I did this it worked perfectly.  So now I have a procedure. When updating Unraid I will stop Plex docker and make sure everything is correct before starting again. Hope this helps. 

Hi all together, sadly my first reason to create an account here is because I have a problem and need some advice. 

I noticed strange behaviour yesterday, where my docker.img started filling up, the reason was a wrong set path (shame on me). Additional unraid told me to recreate the docker.img for it was corrupted through an earlier Version of Unraid 6 Beta. (Running stable 6.8.2 here since I build this up)

Well, after remapping transcode to my RAM again it worked, the docker.img did not fill up. But now the RAM did. slowly but constantly. Eventually it will run out of space if watching a movie. In my understanding it should only consume Transcode_buffer_time*Average_target_bitrate of space so for example 60*12mbps = 720mb of space in the transcode directory or am I wrong?

Any suggestions highly welcome, thank you in advance!

Update: I tried a bit arround and figured out Plex does not seem to delete the already watched chunks inside the /Sessions directory unless I terminate the stream. This seems to cause the filling up. Can anyone reproduce, that this behaviour is correct or may a missconfiguration on my end be the fault?

Edited by Pramde
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.
I'm running plex but when I try to play some higher bitrate files (or transcode) I keep getting hit with "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install."

I have a fairly simple setup with all binhex dockers (sonarr, radarr, deluge, jackett, plex). Everything else is working find except this one issue. Any ideas?

I'm having a major issue.

I want to store all the metadata on an SSD that is mounted via unassigned devices. From what I understand I can only do this if the entire appdata config path for this docker is moved to that SSD.

Once I do this (even with RW/Slave) it does not transcode videos (gives a "Playback Error Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install" error)

If installed in the regular appdata folder on the array everything works perfectly.

Is there anyway to solve this?

On 1/7/2019 at 4:19 AM, binhex said:

so if plex picks up host config then you should simply set the proxy by issuing the following commands inside the container, if it works then i can look at allowing users to define this via env var.

export http_proxy=http://<ip address of your unraid server>:<port number for privoxy>/
 export https_proxy=https://<ip address of your unraid server>:<port number for privoxy>/

Just tried this, any way to check if its working correctly?

I’m not sure what happened but my Plex docker takes for ever to load metadata. I mean like only loads 3 movies data in 1-2 minutes. With all the stuff I have it would take weeks at that speed. If I load Plex in a VM it works with no issues. Only when I run it in a docker is it slow loading data. If I add my local movie folder with 645ish movies in it. It almost instantly shows the 645 movies then, When it starts adding the movie data it is extremely slow. I have reloaded unraid from scratch, I have tried different Plex dockers , running  it in cache or with out. Running it on its own ssd. Not matter what it’s slow as hell. But it’s fine in VM. Am I missing something? I don’t know what else to try. It was working fine up until a few weeks ago then I started having issues with streaming and loading meta data. 

First Post! (Hopefully)

I am new to using UnRAID as an application server, so forgive my ignorance (and searching is not yielding anything) so far so good, the binhex-plexpass docker has been excellent. I unforunately tried the official docker first, but it hammered the cache drives constantly (2.2MB/s+), so switched to the binhex-plexpass (I have a plex pass ofc) and using Space Invader Ones tutorial moved the "Plex Media Server" from the old docker to the binhex one.

As I have shares for each media type (Music, Movies, TV, Photos), I also edited/added paths in the docker template to map each of the shares to its own container path (for good house keeping I didn't want plex to have R/W access to everything in \mnt\user).

This has left me with a little niggling doubt above the effects of these, so have three questions (if I may?)

1. Migrating the Plex Media Server appdata folder and its effect on the 'plex pass' version of the docker:

So following Space Invader Ones guide, I deleted the "Plex Media Server" subfolder of appdata\binhex-plexpass and replaced this with the one from the official docker, so I am now wondering if this undoes anything 'plex pass' specific?

2: Adding extra paths to the docker template?

Is this a good or bad idea? I stated why above (to limit plex's access to \mnt\user to only those folders it needs) but this does mean I've deviated from the standard docker template and as I've only got 2 dockers installed so far (binhex-krusader and binhex-plexpass) I would like to follow best practices and not make things up if it could bite me later!

3. No port assignment in the docker manager

I noted for the offficial plex docker, and also for krusader there are port mappings showing in the docker manager and when adding a new docker you can use the 'show docker allocations' to make sure you don't end up with two dockers figting over one port. However with binhex-plexpass there are no port mappings (just an empty space in this column in the docker manager, and when using the 'show docker allocations' it just shows '???'. I know Plex requires port 32400 for external access (I have always had this port forwarded to the server for plex for as long as I've been using plex (mainly on windows)) but should it not show in the docker manager to help ensure it isn't attempted to be used by any other container, or is that the different between bridge and host mode?

Thanks for any advice! To the best of my knowledge binhex-plexpass seems to be working perfectly and loving the ease of setup so far!

I am at a loss. I have been unsuccessful at getting my GTX1070 to work on my Unraid 6.8.3 server. Want to use it on Plex and Handbrake, no VMs. I have been at it for a couple of months and my build is defaulting to CPU transcoding, not GPU. Here's what I have tried.

1. Latest unraid and nvidia plug-in version. It sees it as GPU0 and gives a UUID number

2. Using PlexPass Container v. 1.18.8.2527

3. Set NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES = all
4. Set NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES = MY_GPU_UUID

5.Set the extra parm: --runtime=nvidia

6. Verified there is no trailing space after the GPU UUID

7. Confirmed in my BIOS that the server graphics are using the on-board  GPU and not Nvidia

8. Confirmed ASRock supports ths GPU

...what am I missing here?

Unraid: 6.8.3

System board: ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4, BiOS P1.30

CPU [dont laugh]: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Grahics @3600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 w/ driver version 440.59

Mem: 8GiB DDR4

My Docker run command and transcoding with hardware is checked in Plex

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-plexpass' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TRANS_DIR'='/config/transcode' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-7660c743-6a84-7e95-150e-8023c1931b9d' -v '/mnt/user':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'binhex/arch-plexpass'

65f1db4a745189a51d58d409cb5132bc6b063f429f3abca3b9b4edaa6bb07432

The command finished successfully!

Hey Guys...I'm having an issue with Plex not choosing the right poster and background. When I go to edit the movie for the poster, I see the main poster there, but Plex is choosing the last one (snippet from the movie).  I didn't have this issue when Plex was on Windows.  What am I doing wrong.

Movie folder -> Advanced -> Scanner -> Plex Movie Scanner

Movie folder -> Advanced -> Agent -> Plex Movie

Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies -> Plex Movie -> Only Plex Movie Checked

Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies -> The Movie Database -> The Movie Database and Plex Movie - Checked

1 hour ago, APD189 said:

Hey Guys...I'm having an issue with Plex not choosing the right poster and background. When I go to edit the movie for the poster, I see the main poster there, but Plex is choosing the last one (snippet from the movie).  I didn't have this issue when Plex was on Windows.  What am I doing wrong.

Movie folder -> Advanced -> Scanner -> Plex Movie Scanner

Movie folder -> Advanced -> Agent -> Plex Movie

Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies -> Plex Movie -> Only Plex Movie Checked

Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies -> The Movie Database -> The Movie Database and Plex Movie - Checked

Found my fix:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/downloading-but-not-selecting-movie-poster/501103/13