[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

10 hours ago, lockrob2000 said:

Hello-

I have Plex Media server  Version 1.14.1.5488 and when I check for updates I am told that Plex is up-to-date. However I see that I can no longer connect to plex.tv because my version is too low.

How can I get the update?

thanks-

im assuming you arent using this image then right?, if you arent then you will need to jump through some hoops to switch over, see spaceinvader one's video:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgPx7BN8DE

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, thatnovaguy said:

My Plex server has become inaccessible after last night’s update. Has anyone else had this problem? According to the docker logs everything should be fine. 

looking at the tumble weed that just went past yur post i would take that as a no :-), have a look at Q3 from the following link and see if its db corruption:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

17 hours ago, binhex said:

looking at the tumble weed that just went past yur post i would take that as a no :-), have a look at Q3 from the following link and see if its db corruption:-

I searched my logs but it's not finding database corruption. Would it be safe to upload my server log?

Edit: My docker is acting like it doesn't have network access. I had it set as host originally but changed it to custom and set a custom ip address and it still acts as though there's no network access.

Edited by thatnovaguy
On 6/2/2020 at 4:29 PM, sittingmongoose said:

2020-06-02 19:23:42,027 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
ERROR: Could not open the input file (No such file or directory)

Getting this error in Plex now...Plex keeps going down every half an hour or so.

I am also getting this error. Is this a docker error or a Plex error? I'm having trouble googling info on this.

8 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

Yea I'm still getting this error.

have you got any plex plugins installed?, if so if possible see if you can remove them and see if this fixes the issue, i would assume by the fact there is only 2 posts for this issue that its something specific that you and @GermGerm both have installed.

also can you screenshot your settings for the container, left click, edit, click on advaneced view, click on 'show more settings', screenshot.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

have you got any plex plugins installed?, if so if possible see if you can remove them and see if this fixes the issue, i would assume by the fact there is only 2 posts for this issue that its something specific that you and @GermGerm both have installed.

also can you screenshot your settings for the container, left click, edit, click on advaneced view, click on 'show more settings', screenshot.

I have subzero and trakt installed as plugins.  I uninstalled Trakt to see if that does it.  Here are my settings for docker.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.28.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.28.31 PM.png

13 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

Here are my settings for docker.

i see you have set TRANS_DIR to /tmp, but you havent mapped the host path /tmp through, so right now plex will be transcoding to a folder inside the container, NOT to RAM as i guess you intended, this could cause you issues especially if the docker.img loopback file gets filled.

see Q1 here for how to do it correctly:- 

6 hours ago, binhex said:

i see you have set TRANS_DIR to /tmp, but you havent mapped the host path /tmp through, so right now plex will be transcoding to a folder inside the container, NOT to RAM as i guess you intended, this could cause you issues especially if the docker.img loopback file gets filled.

see Q1 here for how to do it correctly:- 

Yikes, so the typical plex instructions of just using /tmp are not adequate? image.png.48c664a8196c036a391b5790ea93d428.png

create a new volume mapping, host path /tmp and container path /transcode

So you're saying it should be:
image.png.7e583a709c00899c67297ef890f46ff0.png

With:

image.png.faf3be9e849d606c9046c8cdbc6a48e3.png
Or are you mostly just saying, whatever you do, make sure you have a path mapping configured for TRANS_DIR?

Edited by paperblankets
Formatting
2 minutes ago, paperblankets said:

Yikes, so the typical plex instructions of just using /tmp are not adequate? 

the typical plex instructions are probably for a full fat normal linux distro, this is docker so things are different.

2 minutes ago, paperblankets said:

So you're saying it should be:

yep you got it exactly right!, if you want to confirm then look in /tmp on the unraid host and you should see folders and files created there.

Any reason that can't be a nested directory like `/tmp/plex` To keep this container from being able to crawl the tmp files of anything else running on the unraid server?

Random people online claim:

non-existent bind mounts from the docker engine will get initialized to an empty directory owned by root. 

I guess I assume that will be true for docker engine on linux. I guess I will give it a shot and see what happens...

Edit: That seems to work fine since docker runs as root. 

Edited by paperblankets
On 7/9/2020 at 10:57 AM, binhex said:

the typical plex instructions are probably for a full fat normal linux distro, this is docker so things are different.

yep you got it exactly right!, if you want to confirm then look in /tmp on the unraid host and you should see folders and files created there.

I removed subzero and also changed my transcode directory as indicated above.  I will note though that my Plex transcodes were hitting ram.  So that's weird, but I changed them to match what paper blankets posted.  Hopefully I don't get more errors.

Edit:  No errors so far!  Edit 2: errors are back.......

Edited by sittingmongoose
On 7/8/2020 at 1:10 AM, binhex said:

I have no Plex plugins installed.

I've also verified /tmp 

image.thumb.png.917dbfa4933e8c81b168fc6711893a1a.pngimage.thumb.png.68644fa18b45fe2cdaa77836e51be696.png

Still getting lots of errors, no plugins and I adjusted the /tmp stuff.

2020-07-15 00:48:30,983 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
ERROR: Could not open the input file (No such file or directory)

Edit: Also, followed that guide above to "fix" transcoding to ram.  didn't work though.  I ended up mapping /dev/shm to /transcode and pointing Plex to /transcode.  Still getting the above error though.  In the image is now what I have for ram transcoding, I think its working but its kinda hard to tell.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.43.08 PM.png

Edited by sittingmongoose
  • 1 month later...

Is Nvidia HW transcoding working with this docker?

It's been my go to and has been great but I just got a quardo P400 card to help with some transcode and I can't seem to get it to work with this docker.

For reference I was able to try out the Linuxio docker and it worked straight away. I'd prefer to stay with this docker if I can.

15 minutes ago, mc_866 said:

Is Nvidia HW transcoding working with this docker?

It's been my go to and has been great but I just got a quardo P400 card to help with some transcode and I can't seem to get it to work with this docker.

For reference I was able to try out the Linuxio docker and it worked straight away. I'd prefer to stay with this docker if I can.

Yes, you have to be running Unraid Nvidia as well.

Just now, paperblankets said:

Yes, you have to be running Unraid Nvidia as well.

I followed these instructions and watched the spaceinvader one video but it didn't work with this container.

I installed the linuxserver.io separately and the hardware transcode worked right away.

I'd like to get that working on this binhex container.

2 minutes ago, mc_866 said:

I followed these instructions and watched the spaceinvader one video but it didn't work with this container.

I installed the linuxserver.io separately and the hardware transcode worked right away.

I'd like to get that working on this binhex container.

My container params look like so:
image.thumb.png.b9bec51c2f87dc9b03dbe1b275a0b20b.png

Do you have both of those set?