[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

16 hours ago, mc_866 said:

Ver Version 1.20.0.3181 for binhex plexpass

Silly question, have you tried restarting your server (and making sure the linux.io container does not start automatically)? Maybe the linux.io container is not letting go of the gpu for some reason and a system restart will help? I don't see any configuration changes between our systems beyond that you are passing the gpu between docker containers. 

Edited by paperblankets

I am trying to get the plex container to realize that I have added new media files to it. It seems like I have to manually scan the library every time I make changes to it. I have enabled the option to automatically scan library when changes are detected, but it still doesn't work. Your help would be very much appreciated. 

Edited by keshavdaboss
2 hours ago, paperblankets said:

Silly question, have you tried restarting your server (and making sure the linux.io container does not start automatically)? Maybe the linux.io container is not letting go of the gpu for some reason and a system restart will help? I don't see any configuration changes between our systems beyond that you are passing the gpu between docker containers. 

I set both plex containers to not auto start.

Rebooted

Started binhexplex and started streaming a title that would require transcode. Still nothing hitting the GPU.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, mc_866 said:

I set both plex containers to not auto start.

Rebooted

Started binhexplex and started streaming a title that would require transcode. Still nothing hitting the GPU.

I am having the same issues as you are, on 6.8.3, latest binhex-plexpass version.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, mc_866 said:

On 7/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, binhex said:

have you got any plex plugins installed?, if so if possible see if you can remove them and see if this fixes the issue, i would assume by the fact there is only 2 posts for this issue that its something specific that you and @GermGerm both have installed.

also can you screenshot your settings for the container, left click, edit, click on advaneced view, click on 'show more settings', screenshot.

Hi!

I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue as well. Had it for like a month or two. Transcode of anything fails within 24hrs of restart of the docker. Though i want to point out that i'm not using this docker, instead i'm using linuxserver.io's docker. Seems like a Plex issue?

25 minutes ago, Okami1801 said:

yes. its set to read/write slave

Maybe you have a more general docker setup issue. Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread. If it appears you have an issue not specifically related to this container I may split these posts into their own thread.

I'm currently using the binhex-Plex Docker container instead of this one (I do have the lifetime Plex Pass) and am interested in the new Plex movie scanner introduced in v1.20. The regular binhex-Plex container is still on 1.19 so I'm contemplating upgrading to binhex-plexpass so I can take advantage of the new scanner.

Is this version actually prone to experiencing bugs and issues that might pop up, given it's on the faster release track?

And would I be able to maintain all of my settings if I backed up the Plex Media Server folder from the regular version and restored it after installing the PlexPass container?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am having a similar issue to Okami in that on Plex when I click on open WebUI it wont open, also tautulli no longer records useage of plex. the only way I can log into the plex UI is trhough plex.tv  - 192.168.1.**:32400 gets nada. worked perfectly until a few days ago and I cannot remember changing anything.  can anybody please advise

K

tower-diagnostics-20200905-1000.zip

Edited by keymaster

I stopped my array to add some shares for a Mac Time Machine.

Had to stop the array.

After the array was started up again I couldn't restart plex.

Getting these Errors.

Sep 5 19:31:50 LPSMediaServer emhttpd: error: send_file, 151: Broken pipe (32): sendfile: /usr/local/emhttp/update.htm

Sep 5 19:31:50 LPSMediaServer emhttpd: error: send_file, 151: Broken pipe (32): sendfile: /usr/local/emhttp/update.htm

What does this mean?

I've attached the logs and Diagnostics.

lpsmediaserver-diagnostics-20200905-2044.zip lpsmediaserver-syslog-20200906-0240.zip

On 9/4/2020 at 2:22 PM, keymaster said:

Hi

I am having a similar issue to Okami in that on Plex when I click on open WebUI it wont open, also tautulli no longer records useage of plex. the only way I can log into the plex UI is trhough plex.tv  - 192.168.1.**:32400 gets nada. worked perfectly until a few days ago and I cannot remember changing anything.  can anybody please advise

K

tower-diagnostics-20200905-1000.zip 174.47 kB · 0 downloads

the login should be 192.168.1.**:32400/web

just using 32400 gives me a weird error.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, complete UNRAID noob (just purchased license) and even more so with Docker.  I am hoping to migrate my current plex server to this container and I've run into a few issues.  I'm sure these are just due to a lack of knowledge on my part.

container was not reachable to the rest of my home network.  Changed network type to custom and assigned an IP.  Port forward to this IP and it's now reachable to local servers and outside.

Initially I wanted to use an SMB mapping to my current media NAS.  After some research I mapped an SMB share (\\10.0.1.53\media) which works fine from my windows boxes in UNRaid.  But when in the Plex app it can't find this media folder and I can't seem to manually point to it.

I then found a post that I should add this share to the container as a "host path"  and this is what I have:

Config Type:    Path

Name:  Media Share

Container Path:  /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass

Host Path:  //10.0.1.52/Media

Access Mode:   Read/Write

But I still can't seem to be able to get this "visible" onto my plex container.  Thank you for your time and assistance!

21 minutes ago, Nnyan said:

But when in the Plex app it can't find this media folder and I can't seem to manually point to it.

This probably has to do with your statement about not understanding how docker works.

The unRAID filesystem and the Plex docker container file system are NOT the same thing.  You cannot browse for media in Plex using the same folder paths you would use on the server itself. 

You need to create volume mappings in the docker config that tell Plex that "this folder path in Plex" = "that folder path in unRAID"

Do you have just one parent media share in unRAID and subfolders for each media type, or do you have different shares for different media types (this is what I have)?

If you have one parent media folder, your volume mapping in the docker container config would look something like this:

image.png.1d77262d5ee48365dcf4de9b77b0848e.png

When setting up a library in Plex, you would then browse to /media (the container path) and select the subfolder (movies, photos, etc.) for the desired media type.  Plex then knows that /media/{media type subfolder} really equals /mnt/user/media/{media type subfolder} for the content.

If you have a share for each media type, you need multiple volume mappings in the docker container config; one for each media type.  Something like this:

image.thumb.png.ec46059c075e9a474d281e650ab8df52.png

In this scenario, for setting up libraries in Plex, you then browse to /movies for movie content, /pictures for photos, /tv for TV shows, etc.

Edited by Hoopster