[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

Alright, I'm back with another issue and it's certainly a misunderstanding on my part that has caused it.

My ISP recently changed my IP address and I didn't recognize it - I thought I was hacked therefore I changed my Plex password and force logged-out all devices. I also updated to the latest Plex version. Logging in seemed to work with the new password so I looked no deeper and went out of town on a business trip. Now I'm sitting in the hotel room trying to connect and unable to. I assumed I had to disconnect and re-claim my server so I logged into my VPN - I now have full access to my local network but I see no options to claim my server - though it didn't put up any fuss when I removed the existing server connection.

Maybe I am misunderstanding how Open VPN works - I have full access to my local 192.168 network at home: My server, my router, etc. but when I go to http://192.168.xxx.xxx:32400/web/index.html I see no options beyond the generic ones. It's as if it doesn't recognize that I am indeed on that local network and cannot see my plex server. I suspect this is the case as I also cannot access any share folders through windows explorer - if I click on my pinned shortcuts it says "the local device name is already in use" and if I hard type \\192.168.xxx.xxx or \\192.168.xxx.xxx\ShareFolderName it asks for a username and password and then either claims I do not have access or that the username/password combination is wrong.

Plex options missing.png

Edited by SgtSeamonkey

Hi! I'm having an issue with my Plex in combination with my Nvidia Shield. When I want to play a certain piece of content it keeps loading for a minute. After that 1 second the video plays and it keeps loading again for a minute. 

Other pieces of content work just fine. And this piece of content where I have this issue with just works fine in the browser.

My bandwith looks like in as in the picture, but the video isn't playing.

In the error logging I'm seeing this issue:

Failed to stream media, client probably disconnected after 3588096 bytes: 104 - Connection reset by peer

Thanks!

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-12 om 16.52.30.png

Edited by JNCK
On 2/7/2021 at 11:57 PM, SgtSeamonkey said:

Alright, I'm back with another issue and it's certainly a misunderstanding on my part that has caused it.

Well, the issue is now resolved and I don't think it was an issue with my VPN, I think it was a Plex issue. Upon returning home I had the same issue until I updated PlexPass to the latest version. After that I was able to see and claim my server. It was still a little finicky, I jumped back and forth between plex.tv and the local address webpages. Refreshing and logging in a few times. Eventually I was able to claim the server and everything is now back to normal. I did not have to change any settings.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, JNCK said:

Hi! I'm having an issue with my Plex in combination with my Nvidia Shield. When I want to play a certain piece of content it keeps loading for a minute. After that 1 second the video plays and it keeps loading again for a minute. 

Other pieces of content work just fine. And this piece of content where I have this issue with just works fine in the browser.

My bandwith looks like in as in the picture, but the video isn't playing.

In the error logging I'm seeing this issue:

Failed to stream media, client probably disconnected after 3588096 bytes: 104 - Connection reset by peer

Thanks!

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-12 om 16.52.30.png

Can you uninstall / reinstall the plex app on the shield?

9 hours ago, binhex said:

its automated, you dont need to request, its already been built:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-plexpass/releases/tag/1.21.4.4054-1-01

It was constantly showing up to date in the docker window. I switched to Advanced View in the Docker window and did a Force Update and that seemed to do the trick. For some reason I forgot about the force update option. Your reply got me thinking. Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Fiala06 said:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You have not followed the instructions in the Binhex Plex documentation.  TRANS_DIR should not appear anywhere in Plex or the container volume mapping configuration. 

Plex Docker FAQ

Q1. How do i configure Plex to transcode to RAM/Array/Cache?

A1. Below are the different options for setting transcoding for Plex and Plex Pass:-

Transcode to RAM - create a new volume mapping, host path /tmp and container path /transcode then define TRANS_DIR so that it points at ram drive e.g.:-

TRANS_DIR=/transcode

/transcode

maps to host path

/tmp

Transcode to the array - create a new unRAID user share named 'Transcode' (or whatever you want) and then define TRANS_DIR so that it points at your array e.g.:-

TRANS_DIR=/transcode

/transcode

maps to host path

/mnt/user/Transcode

Transcode to cache (preferably cache is SSD not spinner) - define TRANS_DIR so that it points at your cache drive e.g.:-

TRANS_DIR=/transcode

/transcode

maps to host path

/config/tmp

Note:- Recommended transcode method is to use the cache drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @binhex.  I'm jumping over to your container but having issues.  I don't see my server even if I hit the local IP:port my server doesn't show up.  I have a lifetime plex pass account and even logging in to plex.tv or local I can't see the server.

New install; at odds why I can't even see the server local. Ideas?

On 3/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, repomanz said:

Hello @binhex.  I'm jumping over to your container but having issues.  I don't see my server even if I hit the local IP:port my server doesn't show up.  I have a lifetime plex pass account and even logging in to plex.tv or local I can't see the server.

New install; at odds why I can't even see the server local. Ideas?

I'm also having this issue. It never brings up the setup wizard, and just acts like I've logged directly onto plex.tv, Completely skipping the whole setup processes

Edit: On second read, it might not be a similar issue, I'm able to access https://[unraidDNS]:32400

It brings me to the auth page on plex.tv, I sign in and dumps me to the home page

Solution Edit: After more googling I forced it to go to the setup page, and got: 'Setup is not allowed for shared servers.' After googling that it led me to the below reddit post which fixed my problem.
I'm assuming this is because I messed something up with my local network / domain / dns that isn't, playing nice with Plex

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/4qvb8m/plex_media_server_error_setup_is_not_allowed_for/?utm_term=28594693650&utm_medium=comment_embed&utm_source=embed&utm_name=b5a17b36-7d19-11eb-9b0b-0e7796e5dc97&utm_content=footer

Just in case the thread gets deleted: 
Create an SSH tunnel (disclaimer  I did this on linux not windows)

ssh [email protected] -L 10000:localhost:32400

open your browser up to:

http://localhost:10000/web/

I was able to perform the setup as expected and now I can access the server from my laptop as usual.

Edited by Tetrodotoxin
1 hour ago, Tetrodotoxin said:

I'm also having this issue. It never brings up the setup wizard, and just acts like I've logged directly onto plex.tv, Completely skipping the whole setup processes

Thanks - I'll check out the reddit thread. I suspect may also have something to do with custom docker networks.  My plex being accessible remote is on br3 (different subnet)

Morning all.

anyone having trouble with Transcoding with the recent update?

Yesterday morning everything was working fine... On my main PC I usually just use the web interface through edge or chrome if I want to watch something. I was playing some games last night and then after thought I would watch TV on my plex server...

Now any video that needs to be transcoded (Mostly x265 files in Edge) I can no longer play and get an error saying 'not enough CPU for conversion' or 'this server is not powerful enough to convert video' 

The server itself is an x1700 with 16gb Ram and has been running this plex server for a few years now. I tried deleting and reinstalling the docker image and its giving me the same errors.

Direct play seems to work fine but if I play a file on my android phone or Nvidia shield and try to force it to transcode it also falls over.

The server itself seems to be working fine and I have other dockers that are using the CPU to transcode from time to time and they are not experiencing the same issue.

Any ideas?

ok I seem to have randomly sorted the issue.. although bit strange as to what's happened for it to fall over.

In the transcoder settings I usually have ticked 'Disable video stream transcoding' as I don't like plex forcing transcoding video streams when it can be direct played and just the audio needs to be transcoded.

I turned this of an rebooted the server and now things are transcoding again but video is being force to transcode even if it doesn't need to be...

Sorry me again.

What's the correct way to set-up my GPU to work with this container.

Have a NVidia p400 being delivered Monday. I am on Version: 6.9.0 so will install the NVidia driver from apps but what parameters/settings do I need to add to my docker image to get it to work?

I looked at spaceinvaders recent video but that's using the official docker image that has options for GPU ID etc where as this container doesn't.

Edited by enigma27
1 hour ago, flyize said:

I need to run some commands on the database using the Plex Media Server executable. How can I stop Plex, but keep the container running?

You should be able to open the console from the docker tab:
image.png.3a4907a64b8c665862674285b978ec21.png

Alternatively, the uri is something like:

https://<host>/dockerterminal/<container-name>

You can then run `top` to list all processes running, and then you can 
`pkill -9 <pid>`
That should leave you with the container running, but no plex if you shut down all the plex services before they start up again.

Edited by paperblankets
proper uri

Hello all - I am having a strange issue that appears to have started occurring with the most recent update

I am in the process of adding a large backlog of media, but I do not want these to appear in the recently added list within Plex. I have been running the command below without issue for the past couple months but now shows the error below:

sqlite> UPDATE metadata_items
   ...> SET added_at = '2010-01-01 00:00:00'
   ...> WHERE tags_collection LIKE '%The Criterion Collection%'
   ...> AND added_at > '2010-01-01 00:00:00';
Error: unknown tokenizer: collating

I tried researching the issue but not much turned up. I always make a backup of the db before running this, but even restoring from one of my db backups and trying the query again produces the same result.

I was curious of it was db corruption, so I ran the following per their documentation, but the issue persists.

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# cp com.plexapp.plugins.library.db com.plexapp.plugins.library.db.original

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "DROP index 'index_title_sort_naturalsort'"
Error: no such index: index_title_sort_naturalsort

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "DELETE from schema_migrations where version='20180501000000'"

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"
Error: no such collation sequence: icu_root

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "DROP index 'index_title_sort_naturalsort'"
Error: no such index: index_title_sort_naturalsort

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "DELETE from schema_migrations where version='20180501000000'"

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db .dump > dump.sqlroot@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# rm com.plexapp.plugins.library.db

root@WATCHTOWER:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db < dump.sql
Error: near line 1263593: no such collation sequence: icu_root

If I should be posting this on the plex forums, please let me know.

Edited by regorian

Hi... I have been using this for a while now and not really ever had a problem. So that is awesome. But I thought I would try the "remote" viewing feature and I can not seem to get it to work.

I go to options via the web interface, click remote acess and then click ENABLE REMOTE ACCESS and everything seems to work. It sorta connects and turns green and all that. When I go to play on my phone (not connected to the wifi) it even plays.

The problem is that only after a small amount of time, or even sometimes a refresh of the page, the green will go red and it will stop working.

I have tried forwarding the port this dose not seem to help.

I have a static IP on my local network for the unraid server.

1) Is there any special way to forward ports to dockers? Or do I just open the port in my router like normal and point to the ip of the computer?

2) Is there any fancy stuff I need to do besides just clicking "enable remote access"

3) Any advise on getting remote access working correctly

thanks!

Edited by questionbot

So I have a weird one. After one of the most recent updates my server becomes unresponsive and requires a reboot.

What logs do you way smarter people need to help me out?

I have a fairly large library but nothing has really changed so im struggling to understand why thing have all of a sudden gone durp