Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

932 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

All fixed! I cannot explain it but restarting the entire server resolved the issue! would love to know why it only effected plex?

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry for being a bit thick but I have searched and can't find the answer. What does the PlexPass version of the server give me? I thought there was just one version and you got to use extra features if you have PlexPass. I do have lifetime PlexPass but have been using the limetech Plex docker for a few years.

If I moved to this would it have more features? and how can I migrate from one to the other?

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/10/2018 at 4:21 PM, planetwilson said:

Sorry for being a bit thick but I have searched and can't find the answer. What does the PlexPass version of the server give me? I thought there was just one version and you got to use extra features if you have PlexPass. I do have lifetime PlexPass but have been using the limetech Plex docker for a few years.

If I moved to this would it have more features? and how can I migrate from one to the other?

Plex Pass gives you early access to new features, these features will then filter down to the normal Plex edition in time.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I have this plugin installed, I'm just wondering where the Profiles are?  I have an Nvidia Shield and it will do quite a lot out of the box so I want to make sure it's setup right.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi All

 

Having some weird issues that seem to be related to my metadata, I'm getting the below errors when starting Plex, I reinstalled and copied everything back but still got the same errors so I copied each folder in the PMS root one at a time to the new location and it only stopped working when I copied over the MetaData, any ideas?

 

018-11-05 20:49:09,013 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2018-11-05 20:49:09,013 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2018-11-05 20:49:09,024 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2018-11-05 20:49:10,026 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 48
2018-11-05 20:49:10,026 INFO reaped unknown pid 8
2018-11-05 20:49:10,752 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794686672 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2018-11-05 20:49:10,752 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794664616 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2018-11-05 20:49:10,752 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2018-11-05 20:49:10,752 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2018-11-05 20:49:11,755 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 52
2018-11-05 20:49:12,073 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794746320 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2018-11-05 20:49:12,074 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384792186248 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2018-11-05 20:49:12,074 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2018-11-05 20:49:12,074 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2018-11-05 20:49:14,077 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 56
2018-11-05 20:49:14,480 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794746320 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2018-11-05 20:49:14,481 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794664760 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2018-11-05 20:49:14,482 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2018-11-05 20:49:14,482 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2018-11-05 20:49:17,485 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 60
2018-11-05 20:49:17,931 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384792186248 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2018-11-05 20:49:17,932 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22384794746320 for <Subprocess at 22384794686456 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2018-11-05 20:49:17,932 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2018-11-05 20:49:17,932 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2018-11-05 20:49:17,932 INFO gave up: plexmediaserver entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2018 at 12:01 AM, dgwharrison said:

Hi, I have this plugin installed, I'm just wondering where the Profiles are?  I have an Nvidia Shield and it will do quite a lot out of the box so I want to make sure it's setup right.

bump... thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dgwharrison said:

I'm just wondering where the Profiles are?

not really sure what you mean by this, do you mean user profiles?, if so they will be stored somewhere in the /config folder on your host, in short as long as you have configured the host path correctly for /config then they will be persistent.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, binhex said:

not really sure what you mean by this, do you mean user profiles?, if so they will be stored somewhere in the /config folder on your host, in short as long as you have configured the host path correctly for /config then they will be persistent.

@binhex, thanks for your reply. I mean in the plex application folder there is a folder for 'profiles'. Sorry, they're not user profiles, must have typed that out of habit. The folder contains xml files which tell plex what a particular client device can direct play / direct stream.  I have a Nvidia shield tv which plays heaps of stuff out the box however the default plex profile for it is more limited to a standard android device.

 

The profiles folder won't be in the plex data directory, it's with the application files. I've cd and ls 'd my way around the image but I can't find it and being a docker image it doesn't support things like find.

 

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dgwharrison said:

@binhex, thanks for your reply. I mean in the plex application folder there is a folder for 'profiles'. Sorry, they're not user profiles, must have typed that out of habit. The folder contains xml files which tell plex what a particular client device can direct play / direct stream.  I have a Nvidia shield tv which plays heaps of stuff out the box however the default plex profile for it is more limited to a standard android device.

 

The profiles folder won't be in the plex data directory, it's with the application files. I've cd and ls 'd my way around the image but I can't find it and being a docker image it doesn't support things like find.

  

Thanks for your help.

sorry i have no idea where this would be located, your best bet is to ask on the plex forum as they obviously know their way around plex a lot better than myself, i do run plex myself but im by no means an advanced plex user.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello and thanks for all of your hard work, and I am guessing that this may be a dumb question, but does the Plex-Pass docker expose the necessary ports in set-up so that the use of a tuner card allows for live TV? Is that something that needs to be done externally during set-up? I see that the exposing of ports needs to be done during container creation, so I was wondering how hard it is to get that working...

Again thanks-

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, lockrob2000 said:

Hello and thanks for all of your hard work, and I am guessing that this may be a dumb question, but does the Plex-Pass docker expose the necessary ports in set-up so that the use of a tuner card allows for live TV? Is that something that needs to be done externally during set-up? I see that the exposing of ports needs to be done during container creation, so I was wondering how hard it is to get that working...

Again thanks-

Enabling a tuner for Live TV and DVR is a Plex settings function.  There are not ports, paths, variables, etc from the docker side that need to be defined or "exposed."

 

Once you get a Plex Pass docker installed in unRAID, you open the Plex webUI and add your tuner(s).  As you can see in the screenshot, I have two.  Plex should auto detect your tuner(s).  It automatically added the first one and then I manually added the second one by IP address.

 

Note, I am using HDHomeRun tuners, not internal Hauppauge tuner cards.

 

Caveat:  I am using a different Plex docker, but, I don't imagine this setup is any different in Binhex Plex Pass.  If it is, I apologize in advance for leading you astray 😀

 

image.thumb.png.652b2f8460c5525cc506425b0df23f27.png

Edited by Hoopster

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all, I would like some help setting up a Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner 1578 (Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One - USB2) for OTA use and this is my prefered docker. This tuner is supported by plex and supposed to be supported by linux.

I am running the latest Unraid and the latest Binhex-plexpass docker.

 

lsusb shows;

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2040:b123 Hauppauge

 

1. I don't know how to add this dev into the plex docker.

2. Should I even bother and instead get a HDhomerun extend.

Edited by SoAvenger

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SoAvenger said:

Hello all, I would like some help setting up a Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner 1578 (Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One - USB2) for OTA use and this is my prefered docker. This tuner is supported by plex and supposed to be supported by linux.

I am running the latest Unraid and the latest Binhex-plexpass docker.

 

lsusb shows;

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2040:b123 Hauppauge

 

1. I don't know how to add this dev into the plex docker.

2. Should I even bother and instead get a HDhomerun extend.

if you want to do this you will need to run a custom build of unraid with the required drivers installed, if you want an easy life then get a hdhomerun, as that shouldn't then require any additional drivers on the host.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, binhex said:

if you want an easy life then get a hdhomerun, as that shouldn't then require any additional drivers on the host.

👍

@SoAvenger Works like a charm, no  muss, no fuss.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, binhex said:

if you want to do this you will need to run a custom build of unraid with the required drivers installed, if you want an easy life then get a hdhomerun, as that shouldn't then require any additional drivers on the host.

 

8 hours ago, Hoopster said:

👍

@SoAvenger Works like a charm, no  muss, no fuss.

Thanks for the input Guys. SiliconDust HDHomeRun Extend on the way.

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed plex doesn't officially support hardware decoding in a docker but it notes that some dockers pass through the necessary hardware. Does this mean you should pin CPUs to it as plex media server uses intel quicksync?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, dgwharrison said:

I noticed plex doesn't officially support hardware decoding in a docker but it notes that some dockers pass through the necessary hardware. Does this mean you should pin CPUs to it as plex media server uses intel quicksync?

No, if you have an Intel CPU with iGPU and Quick Sync Video support, you can pass through the drivers in the docker and modify your go file appropriately to load these drivers on server reboot.  It has nothing to do with CPU pinning, although if you wish to assign CPUs to the Plex docker, you can certainly do that.

 

See this thread for the how-tos.

Share this post


Link to post

I am trying to use the Plex-pass live TV and DVR function with both OTA and HDhomerun premium service using two HDhomerun extend dual tuners. The problem is Plex won't allow both EPG data's (OTA and Cable) at the same time. It will only allow one or the other. I cannot use the one it won't allow.


The only solution I can find is using two nearly identical dockers, one for each tuner and EPG + TV source. The first docker would remain the main use docker with it's tuner and EPG + TV source, and the second docker would be only for recording from the second tuner and EPG + TV source. 

 

Any advice at this point is welcome, and while PLEASE and THANK YOU is implied, please and thank you very much. :)

Share this post


Link to post

This is really frustrating I have to admit, I am trying to run 3 tuners (1, FTA 2, Freesat & 3, IPTV) I personally select Sky HD and it covers almost all channels in 1 EPG so that should work for you.

 

I have a different issue where Plex is remembering an old tuner and is trying to tune a channel on that one instead of the new one, even deleting the DVR and recreating it, it still tries to use an old tuner! 

 

However, if you select the Sky EPG you will only need one instance of the docker for both tuners.

 

I wish Plex would acknowledge this and allow multiple DVR's as it is quite a common issue!

Edited by mbc0

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SoAvenger said:

Any advice at this point is welcome,

Perhaps something here will help you.  Other Plex users have tried to solve this issue and there is a new Plex feature request logged to combine EPGs from different sources.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, mbc0 said:

 

However, if you select the Sky EPG you will only need one instance of the docker for both tuners.

 

Thank you for your input. My issue with this solution is the EPG data is not for my timezone so when I try to record a show listed from the epg data i get a different program than the one I wanted.

I believe Plex is aware of this problem with multiple tuners as they call it a bug.

Edited by SoAvenger

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Perhaps something here will help you.  Other Plex users have tried to solve this issue and there is a new Plex feature request logged to combine EPGs from different sources.

Thank you for your input. I have been looking into this but there are still some problems using XMLTV guide data with plex. I plan to keep watching this and try to find a work around but honestly its above my pay grade so to speak.

 

I don't watch live tv as I cannot stand the commercials (Yup, I'm spoiled). I prefer to record and skip so having two Plex-pass dockers recording seperate shows but combining to one storage would be ideal for me (unless Plex fixes the one EPG per instance of plex problem).

 

Doe anyone know how to run two instances of Plex-pass docker at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, SoAvenger said:

Doe anyone know how to run two instances of Plex-pass docker at the same time?

@nexusmaniac posted this on reddit

 

It really is not all that difficult now that you can create custom docker networks and assign separate IP addresses to Plex docker instances.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Hoopster said:

@nexusmaniac posted this on reddit

 

It really is not all that difficult now that you can create custom docker networks and assign separate IP addresses to Plex docker instances.

Thank you for your input. I worked my way into two working Plex-pass dockers.

Unfortunately, under settings - docker, there is a path for 'default appdata storage location' that cannot be left blank and cannot be overridden by the individuale dockers. This makes both plex dockers essentially the same docker with different access ports. If I change one of the TV tuners in one docker, it is also changed in the other docker. I have tried Binhex/plex-pass with all others and none function as I had hoped. All share appdata path and therefore share internal settings.

 

I want to thank everyone for their efforts on my behalf. I guess I will half to wait for Plex to fix their one EPG for multiple tuners problem.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.