[Support] binhex - Plex Pass


1135 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Scott Harkless said:

Will a downgrade work if 6.7.2 was a fresh install for me?

Download the appropriate .zip file from the Limetech website.  Overwrite all of the bz* files within it onto the flash drive and reboot.

 

Another alternative would be to also upgrade to 6.8.0-rc1 and see if that makes a difference (Tools - Update OS, select "Next" branch)

Edited by Squid
Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be patient young Jedi everything comes to those who wait, it's automated, as soon as it can be built it will be built. Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

just change your repository to "binhex/arch-plexpass:1.12.0.4829-1-01" without the quotes. you can do this with any repositories, just add a colon and then the specific tag you want to use. 

actually in this instance there was a reason why the update didn't trigger in the usual period of time, and that is simply that the server that does the triggering is my home server (yes im tight and

Posted Images

Hi There;

 

@binhex

 

I was wondering if someone could help me?

 

Plex has been working great until I tried to enable 'enable remote access'. Basically it didn't work and told me remote access was not enabled, now when I try to access the Plex webgui on my local network, all I get is just a white screen.

 

I've tried restarting but it hasn't worked.

 

FYI, I'm running the binhex-plexpass container and this problem has happened before when I first installed it a while back. I ended up deleting and reinstalling a bunch of times and it ended up fixing itself, only this time I have a decent sized library and I don't want to mess things up. I can still watch from my devices.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

Edited by Ninjasaurus
Link to post

Question regarding getting binhex-plasspass. I currently have binhex-plex (non pass) and am considering upgrading to a plex pass account. Do I need to get the plexpass docker container and set it all up again or can I continue to use the non pass container?

Edited by MxGlorY
Link to post
On 10/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Can0nfan said:

HI @binhex sorry to be a pest but an important update that fixes a Live TV issue (I only have Over the Air for my local news for my mother in law and our family) it has been glitching the last few updates to Plex and i thought it was my HD Homerun or ATSC antenna but the issue is only happening with Plex not with the HD Homerun App.

hoping the latest update can be pushed to your container in the next day or so

cheers

 

I had the same issue, but reverting back to 1.17.0.1841 resolved the issue. No loss of functionality. Just have to see notifications that there is an update, which of course you don't want to do. :) 

Link to post
Question regarding getting binhex-plasspass. I currently have binhex-plex (non pass) and am considering upgrading to a plex pass account. Do I need to get the plexpass docker container and set it all up again or can I continue to use the non pass container?
See post #2 in this thread

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to post
18 hours ago, Squid said:

Download the appropriate .zip file from the Limetech website.  Overwrite all of the bz* files within it onto the flash drive and reboot.

 

Another alternative would be to also upgrade to 6.8.0-rc1 and see if that makes a difference (Tools - Update OS, select "Next" branch)

I am having the same sql issue. JUst updated to 6.8.0-rc1 and still have issues with home screen and libraries being unreachable. Are there any other workarounds for this? Would reverting to a backup database from a few weeks ago fix this?

Link to post
1 minute ago, RubiksCube said:

I am having the same sql issue. JUst updated to 6.8.0-rc1 and still have issues with home screen and libraries being unreachable. Are there any other workarounds for this? Would reverting to a backup database from a few weeks ago fix this?

Yes it (restoring the backup) should resolve it if your database was in a good state at the time of the backup.

I can't speak to if 6.8.0-rc1 resolves the issue, @Squid said above he thinks it may help.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, paperblankets said:

Yes it (restoring the backup) should resolve it if your database was in a good state at the time of the backup.

I can't speak to if 6.8.0-rc1 resolves the issue, @Squid said above he thinks it may help.

I went ahead and restored from a backup. It has fixed the library and home screen, they now appear. It's just unfortunate that I have lost ovber a month of watched status/progress. Backups aren't being created every 3 days, but thats another issue. Thanks for the response. 

Link to post
Just now, RubiksCube said:

It's just unfortunate that I have lost ovber a month of watched status/progress. Backups aren't being created every 3 days, but thats another issue.

In the past I have had my watch history synced to trakt, and I would just pull it back down if my server got into a bad state. But at this point the only client that I have that can still interface with plex plugins is the Android TV client on my shield. So I expect any time I will no longer be able to restore my watch history. I have no solution to that problem at this time beyond good backups (I only keep one backup nightly and it's burned me so many times, I need a better system as well).

Just now, RubiksCube said:

Thanks for the response. 

For sure

Link to post
20 hours ago, Ninjasaurus said:

Hi There;

 

@binhex

 

I was wondering if someone could help me?

 

Plex has been working great until I tried to enable 'enable remote access'. Basically it didn't work and told me remote access was not enabled, now when I try to access the Plex webgui on my local network, all I get is just a white screen.

 

I've tried restarting but it hasn't worked.

 

FYI, I'm running the binhex-plexpass container and this problem has happened before when I first installed it a while back. I ended up deleting and reinstalling a bunch of times and it ended up fixing itself, only this time I have a decent sized library and I don't want to mess things up. I can still watch from my devices.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

lets rule out database corruption firstly, can you attach the file '/config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log'

Link to post
On 10/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, Ninjasaurus said:

Hi there,

 

Thanks. Please see attached.

Plex Media Server.log 5.08 MB · 2 downloads

ok the good news is, i see no sign of corruption mentioned in that log, the bad news is i got no idea why you are having an issue. 

 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:43 PM, Ninjasaurus said:

when I try to access the Plex webgui on my local network, all I get is just a white screen.

have you tried another browser?, it could be some caching issue, or even tried accessing it via smart phone or something like that?

Link to post
On 10/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, binhex said:

ok the good news is, i see no sign of corruption mentioned in that log, the bad news is i got no idea why you are having an issue. 

 

have you tried another browser?, it could be some caching issue, or even tried accessing it via smart phone or something like that?

So I've installed another browser fresh and I've not had any luck. I do have this to say though:

 

Just before I got the white screen, I attempted to go into plex settings and enable remote access. This didn't work and from then on, I couldn't get back in.

 

I logged in via plex.tv and noticed that the connection to my local server had something which said 'indirect access'. Something like a yellow triangle.

 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, including trying other plex dockers and they all do the same thing.

 

I've been clearing my appdata folder each time i did a reinstall.

 

It has done this once before when I was initially installing plex. It basically solved itself randomly one day without me doing anything.

 

From what I was doing just before it died, I'm convinced it has something to do with trying to enable remote access in plex, I just don't understand why the problem is persistent even when i remove the container and its appdata folder.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks for helping.

Link to post

Ok so i have the issue yet again with my plex not being reachable.  I really dont want to go through redoing my entire library again.  It is going to be too much trouble to pull out a HD from my raid is there a way to maybe put this on the usb boot drive?  Is there any way for me to recover my plex without redoing it?

 

I am on UnRaid Version: 6.8.0-rc3 now.

 

sh-5.0# cat Plex\ Media\ Server.log
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.612 [0x14f33e1e2700] INFO - Plex Media Server v1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc - unknown PC unknown - build: linux-x86_64 redhat - GMT -04:00
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.612 [0x14f33e1e2700] INFO - Linux version: 5.3.6-Unraid (#2 SMP Wed Oct 16 14:28:06 PDT 2019), language: en-GB
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.612 [0x14f33e1e2700] INFO - Processor       Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.612 [0x14f33e1e2700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.610 [0x14f33e6cbb80] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.611 [0x14f33e6cbb80] DEBUG - FeatureManager: Using cached data for features list
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:13.611 [0x14f33e6cbb80] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
sh-5.0# cat Plex\ Media\ Server.1.log
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.580 [0x14769fe40700] INFO - Plex Media Server v1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc - unknown PC unknown - build: linux-x86_64 redhat - GMT -04:00
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.580 [0x14769fe40700] INFO - Linux version: 5.3.6-Unraid (#2 SMP Wed Oct 16 14:28:06 PDT 2019), language: en-GB
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.580 [0x14769fe40700] INFO - Processor       Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.580 [0x14769fe40700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.578 [0x1476a0329b80] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.579 [0x1476a0329b80] DEBUG - FeatureManager: Using cached data for features list
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.580 [0x1476a0329b80] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.581 [0x1476a0329b80] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 26, file is not a database in "PRAGMA cache_size=2000"
Oct 21, 2019 21:24:10.581 [0x1476a0329b80] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: file is not a database for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000

Edited by Scott Harkless
Link to post
9 hours ago, Scott Harkless said:

 It is going to be too much trouble to pull out a HD from my raid is there a way to maybe put this on the usb

boot drive?

 

I do have to warn you, you will have serious io limitations running plex on a usb stick. Make sure to use a usb 3.0+ port and drive, anything less will just be a mess. I don't have any great evidence or articles to back up the io limitations but the gist I hear is usb is much more cpu bound than sata or something else that offloads work (I would love to have some solid reading on this from someone who knows more though).

 

You can absolutely use a usb stick to run the plex appdata folder (via the unassigned devices plugin)

In my case, the ssd my appdata is on has a single partition called appdata.

 

The process will be the same for you, except on a usb stick.

 

 

Link to post

Additional warning, running Plex off of your usb key will most likely end in the drive wearing out quite quickly, resulting in you not being able to boot your system, not a good idea.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to post

Hey guys. I need some help. I have been having some performance issues sporadically with plex since migrating to unraid from windows. I'm running binhex plex pass version. My main source of media is my roku ultra (LAN). I am having buffering issues with direct play, direct stream, and transcoding on the roku ultra. Plex reported all of them around 40-44mbps HOWEVER I did see spikes up to 115mbps occasionally. My server's mobo has gbps ethernet. It is connected to a gbps switch. The mentioned roku ultra is connected to the same gigabit switch. I just realized the roku ultra's ethernet port is only 100mbps. I get a message saying "the server is not powerful enough to convert video" which doesn't make any sense. I am running a 2600x and 16gb of ram. I have looked at plex logs and couldn't see anything but I am only looking at the console. All of my dockers run on the cache (SSD). Transcoding happens on the cache. Plex config is set to privileged. I restarted all the dockers. I even restarted the server. I have a suspicion its the SSD cache drive. Just because it started happening when I was trying to watch a movie, I was transcoding a remote stream to family, I was downloading files to the cache, and I believe I caught the mover running all at the same time because I have it set to hourly. 

 

I see this in the server's debugs:

Oct 27 18:24:23 Kratos kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: AER: Corrected error received: 0000:00:00.0
Oct 27 18:24:23 Kratos kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, (Receiver ID)
Oct 27 18:24:23 Kratos kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: device [1022:1453] error status/mask=00000040/00006000

 

Sorry for the book. I am just trying to get this figured out. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

Link to post
9 hours ago, xTxHiLLx said:

My main source of media is my roku ultra (LAN).

im assuming a bad use of the word 'media' here, you mean playback right?, your actual movie/tv files arent connected in some way to your roku ultra, right?.

 

9 hours ago, xTxHiLLx said:

HOWEVER I did see spikes up to 115mbps occasionally.

hmm this could cause issues for your 100 Mb/s nic in the roku, obviously without transcoding this down it wont be able to achieve this.

 

9 hours ago, xTxHiLLx said:

nd I believe I caught the mover running all at the same time because I have it set to hourly. 

i would advise only running mover during quiet periods, as in 4am till 6am, or something like that, unless you have an insanely small SSD or downloading gigabtes of data per hour then moving nightly should be enough, def not hourly.

 

personally i dont use mover at all, completely disabled, media is moved off cache drive (ssd) using post processing features of sonarr/radarr/etc.

Link to post
3 hours ago, binhex said:
Quote

im assuming a bad use of the word 'media' here, you mean playback right?, your actual movie/tv files arent connected in some way to your roku ultra, right?

Yes. My bad. Its my main source of playback for media inside my home. Hard wired into network. Run plex client on it. 

 

3 hours ago, binhex said:
Quote

hmm this could cause issues for your 100 Mb/s nic in the roku, obviously without transcoding this down it wont be able to achieve this.

I honestly got a little aggravated when I saw this about the roku. But, it's a little strange that plex spikes like that if its not transcoding. It's usually only in the beginning. 

 

3 hours ago, binhex said:
Quote

i would advise only running mover during quiet periods, as in 4am till 6am, or something like that, unless you have an insanely small SSD or downloading gigabtes of data per hour then moving nightly should be enough, def not hourly.

That is one thing I did after posting. I downloaded Dynamix SSD to execute trimming on a daily basis in quiet hours and changed the mover to daily at 2am.

 

3 hours ago, binhex said:
Quote

personally i dont use mover at all, completely disabled, media is moved off cache drive (ssd) using post processing features of sonarr/radarr/etc.

You know. This is something I may humor. I don't really see a point after you said this. I have a 500GB ssd. Only bad thing is I seed for a max of 7 days per some private trackers requirements. But, not using mover saves the disk space temporarily on the array and puts the array threw less writes. I may actually do this. I can also execute the mover manually if I need to.


Lastly, something I realized is LIVE TV on plex is a CPU and Network hog. Transcoding to MPEG2 and streaming it on average of around 18mbps. And, with my tuner, I can't change the quality. I am a power user. At most, I could have 2 remote users streaming at 4mbps (both transcoding). A local stream at 20-40mbps. Usually direct play or stream. Sometimes transcoding. And, I usually have a local live tv session watching football. So, I have to figure out if I am saturating my network or if unraid is just consumed with so much writing/reading that my hardware or OS is having issues keeping up.

I didn't have issues on windows. However, the PC had an NVME ssd running windows and plex/transcoding and I had another dedicated SSD for downloading and a RAID 5 array for media data. 

Link to post

Unfortunately my live TV/DVR stops running. Does anybody else having these problems?

 

Ok, removed the DVR and started from scratch... I had to go through the whole setup routine but it is working now.

Edited by Toobie
Link to post

Hey guys! 

I am new to the forum, but I have been running unraid with plex docker container for close to a year now and have just run into an issue.

Yesterday I was using plex and then 30 min later I was unable to connect to the server. 

If I connect to the web UI through the the container it cannot connect to the server.

 

1. My trouble shooting steps so far has been to reinstall the docker. (same issue) 

2. uninstall the docker and delete all app data to try to do a fresh install. (still no luck)

3. installing a different plex docker. (same result)

 

It should be noted that my array is still operational and all of my media is still in their respected folders.

 

If anyone can help me trouble shoot this issue that would be fantastic!. Please let me know what I need to post or if you can point me to the correct forum for troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated!

 

 

Link to post
On 11/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, dev2day said:

Hey guys! 

I am new to the forum, but I have been running unraid with plex docker container for close to a year now and have just run into an issue.

Yesterday I was using plex and then 30 min later I was unable to connect to the server. 

If I connect to the web UI through the the container it cannot connect to the server.

 

1. My trouble shooting steps so far has been to reinstall the docker. (same issue) 

2. uninstall the docker and delete all app data to try to do a fresh install. (still no luck)

3. installing a different plex docker. (same result)

 

It should be noted that my array is still operational and all of my media is still in their respected folders.

 

If anyone can help me trouble shoot this issue that would be fantastic!. Please let me know what I need to post or if you can point me to the correct forum for troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated!

 

 

check its not the sqlite issue, see link below, Q3-Q5:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

Link to post
5 hours ago, binhex said:

check its not the sqlite issue, see link below, Q3-Q5:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

I do not believe this is this issue. I checked in the logs and did not find that the database was corrupted.

 

What I don't understand is if i delete all of the app data why can't i do a "fresh install" and rebuild my libraries and metadata from scratch?

 

I have linked to the log below. 

 

 

Plex Media Server.log

Link to post
20 hours ago, orlando500 said:

hi, im trying to move the location of the metadata for plex to a dedicated SSD. But i cant see the directory location under general advanced in plex web config. btw:Im doing a fresh install before moving my librarys.

any tips?

 

metadata location (as in /config) is shown in unraid web ui/docker tab/ left click plex, select edit, click 'advanced view' top right, click on 'show more settings' and you should then see the host path defined for container path /config.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.