[Support] binhex - Sickbeard

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

I'm assuming the deprecation would be something you can only do for CA right?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I tend to do them to get rid of stuff, but anyone can actually do it.  Add

<Deprecated>true</Deprecated> to the template.

Deprecation will also have FCP trigger warnings advising anyone who has it installed that its deprecated.

And yeah, if someone chooses to actually add your repository to the docker tab, then dockerMan does not honor the tag.  Only CA will

Edited by dockerPolice

Alternatively, I can add a comment if you want merely steering people over to Sonarr and others.  (Also triggers an FCP warning)  Or you can just plain delete the template altogether.  Many options open to you if / when you decide what you want to do.

Edited by Squid

If its not installed it won't appear in any available apps lists and only under previous if you already had it installed

Takes effect next feed update (hour or 2)

EDIT: Already gone

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
23 hours ago, binhex said:

im assuming by my ridicule *cop == squid

Just a little joke where I'm laughing at myself and how I wound up policing the app ecosystem...  I've never had a reason to spank you, so you wouldn't have caught on.  But, lsio on the other hand I've had to spank a few times....

Just a little joke where I'm laughing at myself and how I wound up policing the app ecosystem...  I've never had a reason to spank you, so you wouldn't have caught on.  But, lsio on the other hand I've had to spank a few times....

Lol I def don't want a good spanking, I'm not into the whole fifty shades thing :-) glad to know I always stay "the right side the law", naughty lsio! 

Seriously though squid you really do an amazing job, trying to create a app store type setup for docker is not an easy feat, kudos

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I'm not happy with sickrage and sonarr, very buggy, i just want the old sickbeard. But for some reason i can't find a sickbeard docker using unraid's community apps?

In the opening topic there are some links, but none of them allow me to install this docker?

How do i get this sickbeard docker to install in unraid v6?

I found a sickbeard plugin, using that for now... my problem with sickrage is that it keeps downloading items that i've set to skipped or archived. It should not do that. My problem with sonarr is that i need some time to figure out how it's API works, i have some elaborate postprocessing scripts running in sabnzbd after downloading, and one of the things is that i need to refresh sonarr's (or sickbeards) status for the downloaded file. I know how to do this in sickbeard, but i haven't got it working in sonarr yet. If it works in sonarr, i think i switch to sonarr.

19 hours ago, jowi said:

How do i get this sickbeard docker to install in unraid v6?

This docker image is deprecated, thus you cant see it in CA, the reason its deprecated is because sickbeard is currently a dead project, there hasn't been any development on sickbeard for quite some time and thus i would suspect a lot of sickbeard just wont work (i might be wrong), things like connections to index sites, connections to metadata sites etc probably are broken (api changes).

If you still want to give it a go then you can install it using the old method of adding in the repository:- 

Navigate to "Docker" tab and then the "Docker Repositories" sub-tab in the unRAID webui

Enter in a URL of https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates in the "Template repositories" field

Click on the "Save" button

Click back to "Docker" tab and then click on the "Add Container" button

Click on the "Template" dropdown menu and select binhex-sickbeard

Click the "Advanced View" toggle on the top right and fill in required fields e.g. volume data, environment variables etc

Click on the "Create" button at the bottom of the window to begin pulling down the Docker image

Once the image is downloaded you should see it appear in the "Docker Containers" sub-tab

3 hours ago, jowi said:

I found a sickbeard plugin, using that for now.

I would NOT recommend using a 'plugin' of sickbeard, as these are not maintained and can introduce potential instability issues with unraid but the choice is yours.

13 hours ago, binhex said:

If you still want to give it a go then you can install it using the old method of adding in the repository:- 

Even easier is within CA settings, display deprecated apps.  CA will however always allow you to reinstall a deprecated application if you've previously installed it without changing any setting.

17 hours ago, jowi said:

I found a sickbeard plugin, using that for now

Definitely not recommended.

5 hours ago, Squid said:

Definitely not recommended.

Come on, i've been running unraid v5 over 5 years pretty much non-stop, 24/7 with plugins like sabnzbd, sickbeard, squeezeserver and some other ones. Once i get sonarr's api under control, i switch to sonarr.

6 hours ago, jowi said:

Come on, i've been running unraid v5 over 5 years pretty much non-stop, 24/7 with plugins like sabnzbd, sickbeard, squeezeserver and some other ones. Once i get sonarr's api under control, i switch to sonarr.

The reason things have changed is quite frankly, change. Gone are the days where you can safely run without updates for years at a time. Now, every time we get a new version of unraid, a plugin is likely to either stop working, or worse, stop unraid from working. Dockers are isolated somewhat, and their environment can be updated independently of unraid.

Squid isn't saying you can't get a plugin to work, because, obviously, you can. He's saying KEEPING it working securely while keeping both the plugin and unraid up to date is a fools errand.

I managed to call Sonarr's API series update command using a python script from within sabnzbd's post processing, so i have no need for the sickbeard plugin anymore :) I would rather use sickrage, but sickrage somehow keeps downloading episodes which i set to ignore or skipped. So for now, Sonarr it is.