[Support] binhex - SickRage

Ah ok so that would explain why my sick rage will normally just freeze after a few hours and i need to restart.

I have always updated through the web interface.

I have just updated the docker, but should i just remove the whole docker then reinstall or will the update docker

gone over the web updates?

if you have updated the docker image using either CA or the update button in the unraid web ui then there will be no remanence of the in place upgrade you have done, apart from the potential updating of database or config files which live outside of the docker container (/config folder), but i would think you should be ok.

Ah ok so that would explain why my sick rage will normally just freeze after a few hours and i need to restart.

I have always updated through the web interface.

I have just updated the docker, but should i just remove the whole docker then reinstall or will the update docker

gone over the web updates?

if you have updated the docker image using either CA or the update button in the unraid web ui then there will be no remanence of the in place upgrade you have done, apart from the potential updating of database or config files which live outside of the docker container (/config folder), but i would think you should be ok.

thank you all working great now

Step 1. Enable privoxy in any of binhex's VPN enabled dockers.

Step 2. Fill in proxy host field in advanced general setting to use the privoxy you enabled in step 1.

Step 3. Click checkbox to use proxy for indexers.

Step 4. Profit?

When i do this, my sickrage can no longer communicate with sabnzb...what have i done wrong? Using the delugevpn docker container and pointing sickrage at privoxy on that docker...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Binhex. I have found my sickrage has been acting a bit strangely of late. I will go to the docker and find I can't open the web UI.

I restart the docker and its fine. I then go and click on schedule to see what I have missed and manually download.

It will be fine for maybe a day then I will have the same happen again.

I guess the best thing is to backup my settings from within sickrage then delete the docker and the AppData for the container and reinstall.

Just thought I would ask you before I do this in case it's something simple?

Hi, Binhex. I have found my sickrage has been acting a bit strangely of late. I will go to the docker and find I can't open the web UI.

I restart the docker and its fine. I then go and click on schedule to see what I have missed and manually download.

I guess the best thing is to backup my settings from within sickrage then delete the docker and the AppData for the container and reinstall.

This is not a problem ive seen, sickrage has been very stable for me, with no crashes in the UI for a long time.

This is not a problem ive seen, sickrage has been very stable for me, with no crashes in the UI for a long time.

Same here.. I actually don't remember it ever crashing on me..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi binhex recently i noticed that sickrage is now having trouble connecting to Rutorrent. im getting errors

2016-12-05 08:53:38 SEARCHQUEUE-RETRY-296762 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-05 08:53:38 SEARCHQUEUE-RETRY-296762 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-05 08:50:50 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-269586 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-05 08:50:50 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-269586 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-04 20:58:31 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-314087 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-04 20:58:31 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-314087 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-02 08:57:18 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-314087 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-02 08:57:18 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-314087 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

im running your rutorrent vpn docker and new episodes seem to add fine. Im using IPtorrents for my provider. However when i manually search or backlog search thats when things seem to fail.

it seems to be an issue with ipt because i added TL and it picks those up fine. When was the last time this docker was rebuilt?

Hi binhex recently i noticed that sickrage is now having trouble connecting to Rutorrent. im getting errors

2016-12-05 08:53:38 SEARCHQUEUE-RETRY-296762 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-05 08:53:38 SEARCHQUEUE-RETRY-296762 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-05 08:50:50 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-269586 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-05 08:50:50 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-269586 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-04 20:58:31 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-314087 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-04 20:58:31 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-314087 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

2016-12-02 08:57:18 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-314087 :: Error while sending torrent: timed out

2016-12-02 08:57:18 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-314087 :: rTorrent: Unable to send Torrent

im running your rutorrent vpn docker and new episodes seem to add fine. Im using IPtorrents for my provider. However when i manually search or backlog search thats when things seem to fail.

it seems to be an issue with ipt because i added TL and it picks those up fine. When was the last time this docker was rebuilt?

sickrage image is built against latest github release (29th oct), you will have to wait until the next release to see if this is fixed im afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if the current release is off the latest Sickrage build.  I'm getting a timezone error in Sickrage and the Sickrage creator says on his Github page that its fixed in the latest build.

This image is based off the latest github "release" so it may be lagging some commits to master, they tend to be very good at creating releases so I would expect a new release that incorporates the fix you want fairly soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was wondering if the current release is off the latest Sickrage build.  I'm getting a timezone error in Sickrage and the Sickrage creator says on his Github page that its fixed in the latest build.

This image is based off the latest github "release" so it may be lagging some commits to master, they tend to be very good at creating releases so I would expect a new release that incorporates the fix you want fairly soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

and as expected a new release has been done, image now updated, give it a whirl

Hi guys. I have put together a tutorial showing how to install a Binhex's Sickrage docker on unRAID.

It shows how to configure it and also use optional post processing scripts.

How to install and configure Sickrage on unRAID

Another very thorough video gridrunner, nice job!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply!

I am now running sickgear (if there is a separate thread for support, my apologies).

I have this in my /boot/config/go script:

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/movies /mnt/movies -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/music /mnt/music -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/tv_shows /mnt/tv_shows -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

The "plex" user has the same username and password on both unraid servers.  I can successfully map from Server1 (content) to Server2 (dockers running).  I am running sickgear and sabnzbd as user "plex" as per your instructions.  However, when I try to add a show in sickgear, it specifically tells me it cannot create the directory.  I know this is a permissions issue, I just can't figure out out.

The "tv_shows" share on 192.168.0.4 (Server1) allows read/write for user "plex"

did you do this? :-

2. change the account that sabnzbdvpn runs as to match one of the two accounts with permissions, to do this issue the following command at unraid ssh command prompt:-

Code: [select]

id <the username>

this wll output the UID and GID for the username, then change the PUID and GUID values in the unraid webui for this docker to match the outputted values, you will also then need to delete the file /config/perms.txt, then finally restart the docker, this will then allow the docker to run as another user, make sure you also change file based permissions too to match the account.

also its SickRage not Sickgear lol

there is a support thread so if we can carry this on there that would be great:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45847.0

Hi Binhex, and thanks again for the great support.

Yeah, I have the UID and GID of the user "plex," and those variables have been used in place of the defaults in the dockers for both sab and sickrage.  I haven't begin troubleshooting sab yet, its downloading but not copying files over, but one issue at a time.  At present, sickrage can't create directories in the 'tv_shows' share.

Thank you for the reply!

I am now running sickgear (if there is a separate thread for support, my apologies).

I have this in my /boot/config/go script:

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/movies /mnt/movies -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/music /mnt/music -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/tv_shows /mnt/tv_shows -o username=plex,password=PLEXUSERSPASSWORD

The "plex" user has the same username and password on both unraid servers.  I can successfully map from Server1 (content) to Server2 (dockers running).  I am running sickgear and sabnzbd as user "plex" as per your instructions.  However, when I try to add a show in sickgear, it specifically tells me it cannot create the directory.  I know this is a permissions issue, I just can't figure out out.

The "tv_shows" share on 192.168.0.4 (Server1) allows read/write for user "plex"

did you do this? :-

2. change the account that sabnzbdvpn runs as to match one of the two accounts with permissions, to do this issue the following command at unraid ssh command prompt:-

Code: [select]

id <the username>

this wll output the UID and GID for the username, then change the PUID and GUID values in the unraid webui for this docker to match the outputted values, you will also then need to delete the file /config/perms.txt, then finally restart the docker, this will then allow the docker to run as another user, make sure you also change file based permissions too to match the account.

also its SickRage not Sickgear lol

there is a support thread so if we can carry this on there that would be great:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45847.0

Hi Binhex, and thanks again for the great support.

Yeah, I have the UID and GID of the user "plex," and those variables have been used in place of the defaults in the dockers for both sab and sickrage.  I haven't begin troubleshooting sab yet, its downloading but not copying files over, but one issue at a time.  At present, sickrage can't create directories in the 'tv_shows' share.

did you also delete the file /config/perms.txt and restart all dockers where you changed the PUID and GUID? if not then permissions will be incorrect.

Yes, I restarted the entire docker, removed the aforementioned file, etc.  I can try that again if you think it may work.

ok can you ssh into unraid and paste the output of

ls -al /mnt/movies

All shares show:

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  0 Oct 29 08:21 file

that's /mnt/movies, /mnt/tv_shows, and /mnt/music

Although I am using the mount command in the go script to mount as another user.....

Yes, I restarted the entire docker, removed the aforementioned file, etc.  I can try that again if you think it may work.

ls -al /mnt/movies

All shares show:

Although I am using the mount command in the go script to mount as another user.....

well that is your problem, its mounted as user root group root, thus no permissions as user plex, i dont do any mounts to other hosts so i wouldnt know the correct command but this is the problem you need to solve :-)

ls -al /mnt/movies

All shares show:

well that is your problem, its mounted as user root group root, thus no permissions as user plex, i dont do any mounts to other hosts so i wouldnt know the correct command but this is the problem you need to solve :-)

Yes, the cifs mounting across unraid servers is causing me major issues, I can't wait to start upgrading my disks in Server2 so I can begin consolidating and moving media over and eliminating the mounting completely.  But that's about a year away as I need 8 8TB disks.

I had this working some time ago (not using docker, meaning working mounting with permissions other than root) using /etc/fstab, however I cannot figure out how to get the changes to /etc/fstab to survive a reboot.  Thus, I am using commands in the /boot/config/go script to mkdir each mount mount, and them mount those mount points.  Trying to force the "plex" user, but getting root instead.

Perhaps I should try this specific question in another subforum.

• 1 month later...

binhex i'm having a issue with sick rage.  it keeps throwing a error of no json can be decoded when i try to connect up deluge.

I have deleted and restalled thinking it would fix but to no advail.  Any advice on how to fix would be helpful.  (total noob when it comes to programming)

I have attached a copy of my log. 

sickrage.log