[Support] binhex - Sonarr

13 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

It does. You would need to use bridge.

I can not have bridge mode because i didnt really understand the changes with the vpn. Host just worked. that's my hang up. Understanding this i ran this command on the plex console.

sudo netstat -tunlp|grep 8989

which gave me a pid which lead me to a pyhon script that home assistant was running.  I shut down home assistant for the moment and it works. Thank you @wgstarks!

a configuration to change the running sonarr port might be nice.

Hi, hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with both Sonarr and Radarr. Everything was working fine until a couple of weeks back when the containers refused to start.

Now every time I try to start them they just exit immediately, with "Exited (10)". 

Other things that have happened recently, that may be related, include:

- upgrading to Unraid 6.10 > running into permission issues with the .db files and needing to change everything to nobody/users

- downgrading back to 6.9.2 based on the issue above.

Logs below don't seem to have any helpful info either.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm not sure where to start even. 

2022-07-24 15:48:12.610994 [info] System information Linux 6c60ea4c6872 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2022-07-24 15:48:12.637291 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2022-07-24 15:48:12.663228 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2022-07-24 15:48:12.691479 [info] PGID defined as '100'
Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2022-07-24 16:00:50.515417 [info] System information Linux 6c60ea4c6872 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2022-07-24 16:00:50.537848 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2022-07-24 16:00:50.561804 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2022-07-24 16:00:50.587522 [info] PGID defined as '100'
Created by...
___. .__ .__
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

2022-08-03 20:18:22.221588 [info] System information Linux 6c60ea4c6872 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2022-08-03 20:18:22.247155 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2022-08-03 20:18:22.271985 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2022-08-03 20:18:22.298299 [info] PGID defined as '100'
Created by...
___. .__ .__
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

2022-08-13 14:45:27.645429 [info] System information Linux 6c60ea4c6872 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2022-08-13 14:45:27.670912 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2022-08-13 14:45:27.696122 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2022-08-13 14:45:27.722993 [info] PGID defined as '100'

On 5/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, binhex said:

indeed!, all files and folders in the /config folder should be set to owner nobody group users, the ONLY exception to this is the supervisord.log files, which are written as root, as supervisor is running as root user.

Just throwing my experience out there for people: I found that after I upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3, most of my binhex container /config folders were set to root:root, and refused to run. The only ones that were set to nobody:users were the ones that I've spun up in the last few months (the others are on the range of a couple years old now). Things seem to be running normally now on 6.10.3 after I chown'ed them to all be nobody:users.

So this was probably related to something that's changed in these containers over the couple years, and some new docker permission/settings with 6.10 that then caused things to flip out.

7 hours ago, Caldorian said:

Just throwing my experience out there for people: I found that after I upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3, most of my binhex container /config folders were set to root:root, and refused to run. The only ones that were set to nobody:users were the ones that I've spun up in the last few months (the others are on the range of a couple years old now). Things seem to be running normally now on 6.10.3 after I chown'ed them to all be nobody:users.

So this was probably related to something that's changed in these containers over the couple years, and some new docker permission/settings with 6.10 that then caused things to flip out.

For Binhex's dockers, you can delete the perms.txt file in the config folder and on next start the container will reapply correct the permissions

Looking for some automation advice. Please don't flame me if this is considered to be in the wrong support forum. If I should post elsewhere just let me know....

I have Unraid working great with Sonarr, SABnzb, Transmission and Plex. For new TV shows it works flawlessly. My challenge is with older episodes of certain shows where there simply aren't sources for some episodes.

I tried using Plex Live TV/DVR to capture older episodes that air on TV channels. This didn't work all that well for me, so I now have Jellyfin running and find its DVR works better for me. So now I have random episodes downloading to a separate DVR directory on Unraid (i.e. not my Plex media). The shows download with a Jellyfin-generated file name (e.g. The First 48 2022_08_19_21_00_00.ts). FIlebot seems to ignore the .nfo file and try to rename the file with latest episode of the show (wrong). When I look at the .nfo and google the show summary, I can see that it's S21E16. If I rename the file, run comsklip through Unmanic, and manually put the file into my Plex media correct folder, all works well.

Any idea how I could automate this process? Also where should I put manually downloaded files so that Sonarr will see them, update the show, and put into the correct Plex media folder?

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 3:23 AM, Duckers said:

I want to request a "discover new media" for sonarr. And possibly a category/genre too within "filters"

While the first one sounds like a good idea, you need to request that from the app developers, not the container dev. So add your feature request here: https://forums.sonarr.tv/

For the second one, you can do this already with a custom filter

image.png.376d14218875e2506bc7a9ab24904d7f.png

image.thumb.png.fb5b80de5dc9c1eb51e5ef0f685d37a1.png

• Like 1
On 9/8/2022 at 7:20 PM, lockrob2000 said:

Within the last two days, Sonarr has stopped connecting to the indexers that I use. 

The logs say something about a trust failure. I will add portions of the log.

Hopefully there is something in there that helps, but I am lost. I appreiate your help. 

Sonarr log 7am.txt 42.62 kB · 3 downloads

I was able to get Sonarr to connect by changing some of the search parametes (adding UHD and removing SD).

Not sure why, but it connects now.

Thanks-

Hi guys, I use Sonarr/Plex with Sabnzbd and Qbittorrent to download. Everything works except I'm having a problem with Sonarr and qbittorrent. Sonarr will send the torrent and QBT will download. When the download ends, the file will sit in "complete" and not get copied to the media folder I want. The only line in Sonarr trace logs is as follows:

2022-09-18 18:55:38.7|Trace|DiskProvider|Hardlink '/data/complete/path/MEDIA.mkv' to '/media/plex path/MEDIA.mkv' failed due to cross-device access.

I can't find anything on "cross-device access". I feel like it's a read/write issue between QBT and Sonarr's file handling. Any advice where else to look?

I have seen ratio/seed time settings in QBT and blank in Sonarr. Should it be the other way around?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to Sonarr. I am using DelugeVPN as the download client. I had added a few torrents via Sonarr. These were imported from my library and missing episodes were successfully downloaded by Deluge. These were then moved by Sonarr to the TV share on the array and Deluge was still seeding the torrents. I was remote and locked myself out of Deluge. Before finding the proper way of removing a password I deleted and re-added the Deluge docker thinking re-adding the Torrent files in order to have them seed again would be easy. I have been unsuccessful thus far.

What I need to do is to download the torrent file in order to seed. I have read through the FAQ and searched this forum but did not see any instruction for this. Can someone point me to a guide that may help? 

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, erfly7 said:

New problem,  lately since sometime in last couple updates, Sonarr has stopped importing whatever it grabbed and downloaded,  something to do with the /data folder that Downloaders and Sonarr use?

Same here since last update @erfly7 - I've had to restart the docker and then Refresh the queue and it will slowly import what is there. I've had to do it again whenever something new downloads.

1 hour ago, ardivian said:

Same here since last update @erfly7 - I've had to restart the docker and then Refresh the queue and it will slowly import what is there. I've had to do it again whenever something new downloads.

Well that would be a pain, sonarr grabs several shows a night for me and having to constant stop and start it will get old quickly.  The "Manual Import" still works for me under Wanted, but that too is a pain.  Glad to hear not just me going crazy

5 hours ago, orlando500 said:

any plans to support version 4 of sonarr in the docker releases now?

when it comes out of beta i will support it, i am all about stability over new shiny things, makes my life easier (less support) and your life less stressful (less breakage) 🙂

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

I hope that someone can help, I just loss all my dockers for deluge, Jacket, Radarr, Sonarr and many more,  I through no problem I use the Add container command, but when I out the docker, I discovered that all my settings, and saved tv shows and films are gone.

is there a way to restore them ?

If you re-install the dockers via Community Applications>Previous all the file paths will be configured as before.

Edited by wgstarks
  • Like 1