[Support] binhex - Sonarr

@binhex can you please inform me on where within the unraid docker it keeps all the TV show and for Radrr all the Film library information, as I would like to transfer my Sonarr and Radarr over to a different VM (within Proxmox) as I have been having a lot of trouble with my Unraid of late and I would like to keep my deluge, Radarr, and Sonarr going.

I have looked around, but I can't see anything jumping out to me.

and once I have have resolve my hardware / Unraird issue then I will move my Sonarr, and Radarr back over.

I look forward to your reply

28 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

@binhex can you please inform me on where within the unraid docker it keeps all the TV show and for Radrr all the Film library information, as I would like to transfer my Sonarr and Radarr over to a different VM (within Proxmox) as I have been having a lot of trouble with my Unraid of late and I would like to keep my deluge, Radarr, and Sonarr going.

I have looked around, but I can't see anything jumping out to me.

and once I have have resolve my hardware / Unraird issue then I will move my Sonarr, and Radarr back over.

I look forward to your reply

It’s all in database files in your appdata folder. The default location would be /mnt/user/appdata/< name of container> if you haven’t changed it.

Hello! I have been trying to get instant moves with symlinks working this evening. So far no succes. I think its because this docker image wants /media defined in its configuration.

So far i tried deleting /media variable in docker config and pointing root folder to correct location in Sonarr config. No succes so far. Can someone point me to right direction?

Quide to insant moves: https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/Hardlinks-and-Instant-Moves/

2 hours ago, Paintsu said:

Hello! I have been trying to get instant moves with symlinks working this evening. So far no succes. I think its because this docker image wants /media defined in its configuration.

So far i tried deleting /media variable in docker config and pointing root folder to correct location in Sonarr config. No succes so far. Can someone point me to right direction?

Quide to insant moves: https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/Hardlinks-and-Instant-Moves/

I would suggest since you are using the trash guide you should use their support chat at the bottom of that guide.

9 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I would suggest since you are using the trash guide you should use their support chat at the bottom of that guide.

Hello! Only principal is taken from guide. Binhex docker has /media mapped in variables and im suspecting this is the reason its not working. Im just asking here if it should work with this docker and how people got around this. 

You cant literally follow trash guide because environment config is little bit different with binhex docker.

Hi there,

Was there a recent update breaking /config permissions in the docker? Not sure it's related but I updated to the lastest unRAID the other day.

022-11-11 09:35:43.208718 [info] Permissions already set for '/config'
2022-11-11 09:35:43.237338 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2022-11-11 09:35:43.266610 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2022-11-11 09:35:43,437 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/sonarr.conf" during parsing
2022-11-11 09:35:43,437 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2022-11-11 09:35:43,439 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2022-11-11 09:35:44,441 INFO spawned: 'sonarr' with pid 58
2022-11-11 09:35:44,442 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2022-11-11 09:35:45,023 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Sonarr - /usr/lib/sonarr/bin/Sonarr.exe - Version 3.0.9.1549

2022-11-11 09:35:45,269 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Info] AppFolderInfo: Data directory is being overridden to [/config]

2022-11-11 09:35:45,274 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Trace] DiskProviderBase: Directory '/config' isn't writable. Access to the path "/config/sonarr_write_test.txt" is denied.

2022-11-11 09:35:45,274 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2022-11-11 09:35:45,317 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!
2022-11-11 09:35:45,318 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:

2022-11-11 09:35:45,318 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[v3.0.9.1549] NzbDrone.Common.Exceptions.SonarrStartupException: Sonarr failed to start: AppFolder /config is not writable
  at NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.AppFolderFactory.Register () [0x00088] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\EnvironmentInfo\AppFolderFactory.cs:63
  at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, NzbDrone.Host.IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1[T] startCallback) [0x0005a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:36
  at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00030] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:42

2022-11-11 09:35:45,332 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
Press enter to exit...

2022-11-11 09:35:46,332 INFO success: sonarr entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2022-11-11 09:35:46,333 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
Non-recoverable failure, waiting for user intervention..

Verified that /config is r/w in the docker XML. Was also able to create a new file to /config with docker exec and see the file as unRAID root.

57 minutes ago, trionify said:

Was there a recent update breaking /config permissions in the docker? Not sure it's related but I updated to the lastest unRAID the other day.

this is sadly an unraid bug, lots of people have mentioned permissions issues when upgrading, weirdly it doesnt happen to everybody (i was lucky).

best thing to do to reset permissions is this:-

1. stop container

2. delete file /config/perms.txt

3. start container

note startup time maybe a little slower than normal but this is a one off.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is sadly an unraid bug, lots of people have mentioned permissions issues when upgrading, weirdly it doesnt happen to everybody (i was lucky).

best thing to do to reset permissions is this:-

1. stop container

2. delete file /config/perms.txt

3. start container

note startup time maybe a little slower than normal but this is a one off.

Thanks so much for the quick response. Working now. Hopefully the unRAID team resolves that bug soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having an issue with manual search? I search for an episode and the results it shows are for completely different shows. shows that are in my library but not the one i am searching for. Typically it will give me results for House of the Dragon or Andor. When I am searching for Criminal Minds for example.

• 1 month later...

@Binhex I've been using your Sonarr docker for several years without issue. Recently, when I add new series it shows no picture or other data about the series after adding and says "No episodes in this season." Only noticed the problem after upgrading to the latest version of Unraid, but not sure if that is the cause. Everything else seems to be working. Is anyone else having that problem and any suggestions for fixing?

@Binhex I've been using your Sonarr docker for several years without issue. Recently, when I add new series it shows no picture or other data about the series after adding and says "No episodes in this season." Only noticed the problem after upgrading to the latest version of Unraid, but not sure if that is the cause. Everything else seems to be working. Is anyone else having that problem and any suggestions for fixing?
I'm not seeing this particular issue myself if you are then I would encourage you to post on sonarr github issues as I have nothing to do with development of the application.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

I'm having issues getting my indexers to connect.  Everything was working fine and then within the last few days they have been unable to connect.  I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new year, or not.  Sometimes I can get them to connect for a moment, but not long after they lose the connection.  I'm running the latest stable version of UnRaid, and the as far as I know, the latest version of Sonarr.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Steve

I believe the is the relevant section of the logs:

[v3.0.9.1549] System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError: 'https://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/305574' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0015e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:282 at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x00052] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebOperation.cs:268 at System.Net.WebCompletionSource`1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x0008e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebCompletionSource.cs:111 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000e8] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:956 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000f] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1218 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x00123] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:81 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001c0] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:107 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x00086] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:126 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:59 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:281 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:286 at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.SkyHook.SkyHookProxy.GetSeriesInfo (System.Int32 tvdbSeriesId) [0x0003b] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\SkyHook\SkyHookProxy.cs:50 at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.RefreshSeriesInfo (System.Int32 seriesId) [0x0002c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:63 at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Commands.RefreshSeriesCommand message) [0x00122] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:231

1 hour ago, Steve Ford said:

I'm having issues getting my indexers to connect.  Everything was working fine and then within the last few days they have been unable to connect.  I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new year, or not.  Sometimes I can get them to connect for a moment, but not long after they lose the connection.  I'm running the latest stable version of UnRaid, and the as far as I know, the latest version of Sonarr.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Steve

[v3.0.9.1549] System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError: 'https://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/305574' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0015e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:282 at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x00052] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebOperation.cs:268 at System.Net.WebCompletionSource`1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x0008e] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebCompletionSource.cs:111 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000e8] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:956 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000f] in /build/mono/src/mono/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1218 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x00123] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:81 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001c0] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:107 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x00086] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:126 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:59 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:281 at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:286 at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.SkyHook.SkyHookProxy.GetSeriesInfo (System.Int32 tvdbSeriesId) [0x0003b] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\SkyHook\SkyHookProxy.cs:50 at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.RefreshSeriesInfo (System.Int32 seriesId) [0x0002c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:63 at NzbDrone.Core.Tv.RefreshSeriesService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Commands.RefreshSeriesCommand message) [0x00122] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Tv\RefreshSeriesService.cs:231

I too am having this same issue, almost identical logs. I'm looking for a solution but haven't found one yet.

13 hours ago, Steve Ford said:

Thanks,

Steve

I think I'm having this issue as well, every time I try to search a show I get a "Unable to communicate with SkyHook" from what I've found it looks like it's due to certificate(s) being out of date. I did some searching which led me to a TrueNAS forum post about it but the same steps won't fix the solution here.

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/sonarr-radarr-probably-other-arr-jails-unable-to-verify-ssl-certificates-after-latest-update.96008/

9 minutes ago, Venumoro said:

I think I'm having this issue as well, every time I try to search a show I get a "Unable to communicate with SkyHook" from what I've found it looks like it's due to certificate(s) being out of date. I did some searching which led me to a TrueNAS forum post about it but the same steps won't fix the solution here.

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/sonarr-radarr-probably-other-arr-jails-unable-to-verify-ssl-certificates-after-latest-update.96008/

I was getting the same error on Monday but it resolved itself after about 30 minutes.

23 hours ago, Venumoro said:

I tried it some more and it's working occasionally, I'll have to refresh the page and click the add show button sometimes 2 or 3 times and it'll eventually add. But then I look at my logs and they're filled with protocol errors where it's trying to refresh data on shows. So I have no clue what's wrong since it's working occasionally.

6 minutes ago, Venumoro said:

I tried it some more and it's working occasionally, I'll have to refresh the page and click the add show button sometimes 2 or 3 times and it'll eventually add. But then I look at my logs and they're filled with protocol errors where it's trying to refresh data on shows. So I have no clue what's wrong since it's working occasionally.

This seems to be a problem with the app. I would suggest posting this in the Sonarr forum.

4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

This seems to be a problem with the app. I would suggest posting this in the Sonarr forum.

Thanks for the suggestion, someone had just posted about this there too.

Solution that's working for me so far is this command:

cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

EDIT:

This other command might also be necessary for it to be persistent but I'm not sure.

chmod -R a+rX /usr/share/.mono

Credit: https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/error-with-unable-to-connect-to-indexer-check-the-log-for-more-details/30248/10

EDIT 2:

Never mind errors came back after a while. It appears the fix I posted was related to Synology.

Edit 3:

I'm an idiot, my issues were from something is wrong with my qbit proxy, after I disabled it in sonarr everything works fine.

Edited by Venumoro

My Sonarr is crashing every 90-110 seconds.

I'm a bit of a newb to troubleshooting containers so apologies in advance. I've attached a cut down container log file and Unraid config with more information but the crash report gives the following error:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

I'm unsure how to proceed in this circumstance to bring stability back to application.

Sonarr Unraid Config.png

Cut Down Sonarr Log.txt

Edited by EvadingFate
typos
26 minutes ago, EvadingFate said:

My Sonarr is crashing every 90-110 seconds.

I'm a bit of a newb to troubleshooting containers so apologies in advance. I've attached a cut down container log file and Unraid config with more information but the crash report gives the following error:

Has it been working but just recently stopped or is this a new install?

39 minutes ago, EvadingFate said:

I was able to make progress (fix the issue 🤞) by restoring a backup from almost a month ago.

System > Backup > Restore Backup

Any insight on the root cause?

You would probably need to post in the Sonarr forum for real insight but my guess would be db corruption of some sort,