[Support] binhex - Sonarr

Hi

Thanks for teply, unfortunatly didnt work.

:-(

K

Then you really need to post screen shots of the applicable settings of the apps in question, along with the volume mappings (ie: screen shot of what appears when you edit the container)

You need to add a container volume path of /movies mapped to /mnt/user/movies (or whatever your share is actually called

Docker containers only have access to folders which you explicitly allow them access to.  And this is done via the container & host mappings on the edit container screen. 

The host volume is the path to the share.  The container volume is where the actual app looks at.  IE: When you tell the container to look at /movies, it will translate that to look at /mnt/user/movies as an example

Check out the Docker FAQ for some more attempts at explaining all of this.  Host / Container volume mappings is one of those things that's a bitch to explain, but once you understand it, you'll be amazed at actually how simple it is to understand.

Hi

thank you very much for reply, can you please explain in more detail what I need to do, I am use to windows system, I bought UNRAID and paid for UNRAID to set up dockers for me - I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

K

Before you go any further, stop and take a read here.  You need to get your head around folder mappings otherwise you'll struggle with any container...

Docker FAQ

noobie docker guide

Official Docker Guide

Hi

thank you for your replies, I will read up on th3 links you included for me, although I didn't set up the mappings in first place, was a support session, so worried I wont be able to do any better  :-[

many thanks

K

Sounds like they got you up and running with a basic setup, but you're modifying it a bit now.  So you're hitting the same stumbling blocks everyone hits when migrating to docker containers, you're just hitting them a little later as you had someone do the first bits for you..

You'll get there.  You just need to get your head around folder mappings.  Once you do, it's easy.

Hi

I read through them but they all seem contradictory, with I use this way and others do this way, this being my issue (I think) => http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387919#msg387919

But having changed from windows server 2012 R2 for no other reason than I liked the look of unraid, with my pocket $150 lighter and my server mostly offline for 2 weeks I am begining to think this was no more than a folly. My thinking is that if Mr Panozzo's version of the mappings didn't work what chance do I have with my very limited understanding.

I am giving it one last go this morning then, off back to Mr Gates with tail between legs, thank you very much for your help however, much appreciated.

Frustrated from UK

OK firstly don't give up, gates is the devil in disguise :-) seriously though this is a big change for you you need to just take baby steps and you will gain more confidence quickly.

So onto you're issue, one thing you need to ensure is that the host side path is the same for /downloads for ALL dockers. I've spotted this isn't the case, sabnzbd is using /mnt/user/downloads whereas sonarr is using a different path, these need to be the same so change sonarr to use the same as sabnzbd, make sure to reconfigure sonarr to use the new path.

Just to be clear the application can drill down the path but when defining the path in unraid ui they must be consistent for the host.

This is something that tripped me up when I first started out with docker containers, and it looks like even LT are unaware of this needing to be consistent  across containers

Bit more encouragement....

I used Windows Home Server V1 until 2011 then switched to Unraid for my server, then after a couple of years on V5 I switched to WHS 2011 for exactly the reason you're telling us "I was a Windows guy" I stayed for a year before coming back to Unraid and have since made massive in roads in understanding Linux.  Would I go back to Windows?  No.

In fact I now dual boot Ubuntu & Windows 10 on my laptop and eventually would like to ditch Windows entirely.

And to make it clear, I don't work in tech at all, I'm purely a home user.

The problem you're facing is understanding folder maPs, once it clicks, honestly you'll be fine.  We all went through this stage.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

Thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated. I really am trying and thought I had it (when Mr Panozzo was showing me in session) but I am very concerned changing all the things he did.

The whole thing looks great, works great and is perfect, XFS and Docker I love, but after it downloaded 13gig of media through the night I cannot find it and feel so helpless as I just don't get it.  >:( >:(>:(

Anyway thanks again for the words of encouragement and wisdom - I am off work today and am seriously trying to get it working.

Many thanks

K

You're downloading into /downloads and then setting it to move it into /tv or /movies problem is neither /tv or /movies exist in the nzbget container so it creates the folders INSIDE the docker.img image.  Any folder you want any container to have access to MUST be mapped in the container config.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi

Thank you, so changed mappings in all to /mnt/user/downloads, so what do I need to change in SAB catagories?

Many thanks

K

How are the categories defined at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edit sorry I see the screenshot, OK you need to define the folders something like this (watch the case as Linux is case sensitive):-

/downloads/movies

/downloads/tv

/downloads/music

Hi

Great, you need a thanks, like or kudos button on your forum - I much prefer Xenforo to SMF  :)

K

Just take things slowly would be my main advise, i would advise starting one docker at a time, get that one docker working and make sure you understand how its  working (volume mappings, port mappings etc) then start another and link them together, get that working and onto the next. Unfortunately the downside of having somebody else set this up is that when it goes wrong you don't know how it all works and thus can't fix it easily.

Hi

Thank you, unfortunatly it never went right, but I didn't know until it start downloading.

Update - changed to settings above but still not working  :-X Can you please tell me exactly what screenshots needed to see where its going wrong.

My other worry is we now have about 20gig of downloads somewhere on my system taking up space.

K

Hi

Thank you, unfortunatly it never went right, but I didn't know until it start downloading.

Update - changed to settings above but still not working  :-X Can you please tell me exactly what screenshots needed to see where its going wrong.

My other worry is we now have about 20gig of downloads somewhere on my system taking up space.

K

Can you expand on what you mean by not working, you mean it's not in /downloads/<the category>

Hi

wow, it has worked......I am so happy you will never know. I want to sincerely thank you both for your perseverance with me and your words of encouragement.

Best wishes

K

P.S. Just made a small donation

High five chbmb :-) and thanks for the donation keymaster, really appreciated.