[Support] binhex - Sonarr

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @binhex  First off your docker images are fantastic.  Thank you -- made using UnRAID very easy and I use a number of them. 

I recently added a cache drive and since then (in spite of a few days of reading threads, FAQs, and reinstalls, spaceinvader videos, etc.) I've been completely unable to get Sonarr / Radarr to move files after they've downloaded.  I know this is a newbie question but what's frustrating is that it was working, and is no longer.  Can you (or someone) please take a quick peek at these settings and let me know what the heck I'm doing wrong??

Radarr is reporting that it is "Missing root folder: /media/Movies" 

Sonarr reports that it is "Multiple root folders are missing: /mnt/users/media/TV Shows | /media/TV Shows"

Capitalization looks correct.  Not sure why it's looking for "/mnt/userS" though?

Here's my run command from Sonarr:  

root@localhost/# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-sonarr' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8989:8989/tcp' -p '9897:9897/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/TV Shows/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sonarr':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-sonarr'

And run command from Sabnzbd:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-sabnzbd' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8081:8080/tcp' -p '8091:8090/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/personal':'/personal':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-sabnzbd' 

Not sure what other information is needed to help me figure this out but any leads would certainly be appreciated!

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 12.37.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 12.38.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 12.54.40 PM.png

On 5/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, randomaccess said:

Not sure what other information is needed to help me figure this out but any leads would certainly be appreciated!

Thank you.

Just to follow-up to my own question, the only thing that worked for me after days of trying was to delete the Binhex dockers (Sonarr, Radarr, Sabnzbd) and install the Linuxserver.io ones.  With the exact same settings, everything worked perfectly.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn’t really a docker question but figured someone could still probably help me with this, I’ve been using Sonarr strictly with P2P but thinking about switching to usenet to cut down on the constant bandwidth drain.

Many years ago I used SuperNews for usenet and was thinking about giving them a shot again, but can’t see how to configure Sonarr (or Radarr) to connect to them (or any other usenet host for that matter). Is some other docker (like Jacket) required for indexing usenet sites?

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I know this isn’t really a docker question but figured someone could still probably help me with this, I’ve been using Sonarr strictly with P2P but thinking about switching to usenet to cut down on the constant bandwidth drain.

Many years ago I used SuperNews for usenet and was thinking about giving them a shot again, but can’t see how to configure Sonarr (or Radarr) to connect to them (or any other usenet host for that matter). Is some other docker (like Jacket) required for indexing usenet sites?

Sonarr doesn't handle the downloads, it works in conjunction with things like Sabnzbd or CouchPotato which is where you set up your usenet servers

Edited by UncleDirtNap

11 minutes ago, UncleDirtNap said:

or CouchPotato which is where you set up your usenet servers

this is not correct, couchpotato is a metadata downloader (like sonarr), it cannot communicate with usenet servers or torrent peers.

sonarr downloads metadata only, as in nzb or torrent files/magnets, it then sends the metadata to your download client, in the case of usenet its normally sabnzbd or nzbget (i recommend nzbget) and its then the download client that downlods the file, then sonarr (or radarr, cp etc) post process the download, clean it up and move it to your array.

as for indexing of content you will need to try and register with a decent usenet index site, such as dognzb.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, binhex said:

this is not correct, couchpotato is a metadata downloader (like sonarr), it cannot communicate with usenet servers or torrent peers.

sonarr downloads metadata only, as in nzb or torrent files/magnets, it then sends the metadata to your download client, in the case of usenet its normally sabnzbd or nzbget (i recommend nzbget) and its then the download client that downlods the file, then sonarr (or radarr, cp etc) post process the download, clean it up and move it to your array.

as for indexing of content you will need to try and register with a decent usenet index site, such as dognzb.

Indeed, I originally wrote NZBGet and Couchpotato then realizing my error edited it but just made another mistake by changing NZBGet instead of Couchpotato.

So sabnzbd would take the place of Deluge and a usenet subscription isn’t needed at all? Just an indexer?
You will also need to sign up to a decent Usenet provider, the indexer will only allow you to search and download the metadata, in this case an nzb file.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

So sabnzbd would take the place of Deluge and a usenet subscription isn’t needed at all? Just an indexer?

I'm unfamiliar with Deluge ... so I can't say what would take its place but if you want to use a usenet service  you need three additional things .... access to an indexer (nzbplanet, nzbgeek, OZnzb etc) ... something to retrieve relevant information from the indexer (Sonarr, Couchpotato etc) which then hands it off to your download software (Sabnzbd, NZBGet etc) 

Also, redundancy with the usenet services and indexers isn't a bad idea but be aware that many of the usenet providers are owned and operated by the same two companies .

Edited by UncleDirtNap

Hi everyone,

I hope that you can help me out here. So, just over the past few days Sonarr has stopped grabbing new stuff. I have looked and I get the below exception error when trying to manually or automatically grab new shows.

[v2.0.0.5163] System.Xml.XmlException: Syntax Error after '<!' characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 2, position 4.

Now, I have been looking around and this does appear to be an issue with the latest update, and then the older version of Mono. The fix relates to updating Mono to the latest version (https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/xmlexception-syntax-error/18599). Now my super noob status comes into play (Sorry). How do I update Mono to the latest version (5.12)(http://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin) in Unraid container for Sonarr? 

Current Unraid version: 6.5.2

Current Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5163

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Hi everyone,

I hope that you can help me out here. So, just over the past few days Sonarr has stopped grabbing new stuff. I have looked and I get the below exception error when trying to manually or automatically grab new shows.

[v2.0.0.5163] System.Xml.XmlException: Syntax Error after '<!' characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 2, position 4.

Now, I have been looking around and this does appear to be an issue with the latest update, and then the older version of Mono. The fix relates to updating Mono to the latest version (https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/xmlexception-syntax-error/18599). Now my super noob status comes into play (Sorry). How do I update Mono to the latest version (5.12)(http://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin) in Unraid container for Sonarr? 

Current Unraid version: 6.5.2

Current Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5163

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

i dont believe mono is the issue, this docker image has mono 5.0.0 included, and from the look of that issue you posted above it looks like that affected people running mono 3.x where the fix is to upgrade to 4.x (linuxserver mono is running an earlier version of mono compared to this docker image). so i would assume the issue would be with a malformed xml page from the indexer, can you try another indexer to see if this works or not?

Thanks for the response. I have tried multiple indexers, and removed and re-added, to no avail. Same error. I was down the Mono path only because it appears to be related to a number of recent incidents. 

This all started appearing out of the blue from 2 days ago. What else could I supply you that may help figure what this is?

Again, thanks for responding.

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

Thanks for the response. I have tried multiple indexers, and removed and re-added, to no avail. Same error. I was down the Mono path only because it appears to be related to a number of recent incidents. 

This all started appearing out of the blue from 2 days ago. What else could I supply you that may help figure what this is?

ok lets rule out mono, its a fairly simple process:-

1. go to unraid web ui/docker tab/left click sonarr and select console

2. copy and paste the below code

export aor_packages="mono" && /root/aor.sh

3. once its finished then close the console window and restart the container, do not edit it otherwise it will revert back to the previous mono version.

if this does fix it then i can make this permanent.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

This could be completely off base but just throwing it out there ...

How sure are you that it's Sonarr that is failing?  I ask because last week I had a problem with my Kodi library not updating for a few days and I thought stuff wasn't downloading but after digging a bit deeper found that there was an update pending to THETVDB addon that was keeping the files that were being downloaded from appearing in my library.   As soon as I updated the addon all the stuff that had previously downloaded appeared.

Just a random thought

Hi Uncle,

I am 90% sure this is related to Sonarr. Other applications are working fine, and if I manually search and add the file Sonarr then notices it in SAB and processes it accordingly. It comes down to Sonarr not searching for new releases based on that previous error I mentioned.

Hi Binhex, Thanks for helping on this.

So, first problem. Copy and pasting that command I get "sh: 1: /root/aor.sh: not found". Maybe a cause for this?!? 
Are you sure you are in the console for the container? Look at my instructions again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk