[Support] binhex - Sonarr

Although getting stuck now on one item for automation with Deluge - Sonarr and Plex.
Any tips on Unrar'ing files in Deluge to be picked up by sonarr?
I've got the extrator plugin working, it's done multiple already. Following SpaceInvader One's video I made a completed, incomplete and unzipped_torrents.

I set the extractor to /data/complete/ as that's where sonarr's looking, but I don't know how to get extractor to looking in the folder for that download /data/complete/XXXXX individual download folder.

Hello.

Ive looked through many of the pages in this thread looking for my answer.

Currently i have access via http.

I am unable to figure out how to access the gui via https.

Container variables as default settings.

Port 1 8989

Port 2 9897

I assumed 9897 was for https.

In sonarr container i set https and put that port in. Saved the settings.

Then restarted the container.

I can still only access rhe gui via http.

http://<host ip>:8989  Fine

https://<host ip>:8989 fails

https://<host ip>:9897  fails

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

55 minutes ago, Convington said:

I'm having a problem getting Sonaar and SABnzbd to work together properly :( I put a post in probably the wrong group before I realized support is here.  Anyway:  

I'm sure it is something stupid, simple.

you need to make sure all your 'ducks' are in a row, the ducks being volume mappings and config, see Q4. for a extended explanation:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

I read through that and I think I have everything 100% accurate in the settings, here are the images:

SONARR

image.thumb.png.59bd6ffd1b074df7a42c2d37bfe22a3a.png

SABnzbd

image.thumb.png.c6ab03acf97f74a5a16d85a1849a8ca3.png

Sonarr doesn't seem to have any settings that I can find to tell it where to check for files that SABZ downloads.  I am assuming "Host Path 3" is the location where it pushes the files to after they are downloaded?  Maybe I am thinking of that incorrectly as well.  

SABZ - everything the same, so folders looks like:

image.png.a12deeed474b452732be6efbf848c2d7.png

I still think I have something wrong.  

54 minutes ago, Convington said:

I still think I have something wrong.  

indeed you do, from the screenshot in sabnzbd your temporary download folder is set to /Downloads/incomplete, but /Downloads does NOT exist in the container, what DOES exist is /data, so you could set it to /data/incomplete.

same deal for completed download folder, you have it set to /Downloads, that doest exist, set it to /data.

to clarify this, take a look at the snipet from your unraid config screen, note the path after 'Container path' is set to '/data'

image.thumb.png.5a8bef4ccccbcd5ef9cf85a3f41ac5d7.png

Edited by binhex
35 minutes ago, binhex said:

indeed you do, from the screenshot in sabnzbd your temporary download folder is set to /Downloads/incomplete, but /Downloads does NOT exist in the container, what DOES exist is /data, so you could set it to /data/incomplete.

same deal for completed download folder, you have it set to /Downloads, that doest exist, set it to /data.

to clarify this, take a look at the snipet from your unraid config screen, note the path after 'Container path' is set to '/data'

image.thumb.png.5a8bef4ccccbcd5ef9cf85a3f41ac5d7.png

I selected that folder directly in sabnzbd, though.  And there are incomplete files in there matching downloads that did not complete.  Does that matter?

Edited by Convington

It is really doing *almost* everything.  The following DOES happen:

1. Add Series
  2. Download Files (to: /data <-->  /mnt/usr/Downloads <--> /Downloads unraid share)

What does NOT happen:

• Sonarr does not seem to know that the files are ready to be parsed and delivered to the /TV folder ( /media <--> /mnt/usr/TV <--> /TV unraid share)

18 minutes ago, Convington said:

I selected that folder directly in sabnzbd, though.  And there are incomplete files in there matching downloads that did not complete.  Does that matter?

Yes, move them to the correct location. Anything you download to that directory in the screenshot will end up in the docker image file, and you will run out of space. Also please remove that last screenshot, don't show what you're downloading unless it's completely legal. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, strike said:

Yes, move them to the correct location. Anything you download to that directory in the screenshot will end up in the docker image file, and you will run out of space. Also please remove that last screenshot, don't show what you're downloading unless it's completely legal. 

I've moved those files to the /TV location several times.  But if it downloads something new, they stay in the /Downloads section.  Both locations are on Disk1, so I am not worried about running out of space - at least not right now.

2 minutes ago, Convington said:

I've moved those files to the /TV location several times.  But if it downloads something new, they stay in the /Downloads section.  Both locations are on Disk1, so I am not worried about running out of space - at least not right now.

I was referring to the incomplete files and what will happen if you don't have your volume mappings set up correctly with the settings in the app. Your docker image file is probably around 10-20 GB if you have not set it anything larger. And if you don't set your mappings correctly it will fill up inside the image file and the container will stop working. 

16 minutes ago, Convington said:

Sonarr does not seem to know that the files are ready to be parsed and delivered to the /TV folder ( /media <--> /mnt/usr/TV <--> /TV unraid share)

I don't use sonarr, but post a screenshot of your sonarr settings. Specifically the part where you set up the moving/copying to the tv folder

7 minutes ago, strike said:

I was referring to the incomplete files and what will happen if you don't have your volume mappings set up correctly with the settings in the app. Your docker image file is probably around 10-20 GB if you have not set it anything larger. And if you don't set your mappings correctly it will fill up inside the image file and the container will stop working. 

I deleted the incompletes.  I had set up the docker.img to 50GB in the settings.  Which is exactly what it was.  Seems to stay that size regardless of removing those files.

4 minutes ago, strike said:

I don't use sonarr, but post a screenshot of your sonarr settings. Specifically the part where you set up the moving/copying to the tv folder

I've posted every setting I know of for Sonarr.  I assumed it knows TV because it is mapped in the container settings (/media <--> /mnt/user/TV/

image.thumb.png.2704edc91e5ecff33d97af6ee74c9942.png

1 minute ago, Convington said:

I deleted the incompletes.  I had set up the docker.img to 50GB in the settings.  Which is exactly what it was.  Seems to stay that size regardless of removing those files.

Ok, yes the docker.img file will stay the size you set on disk. Normally 10-20 GB is more than enough. BUT if you don't set your mappings correctly with the app everything you download will end up in the docker.img file. The file it self will not grow over what you have set so if it fills up because of incorrect mappings all your containers will stop working.

13 minutes ago, strike said:

Ok, yes the docker.img file will stay the size you set on disk. Normally 10-20 GB is more than enough. BUT if you don't set your mappings correctly with the app everything you download will end up in the docker.img file. The file it self will not grow over what you have set so if it fills up because of incorrect mappings all your containers will stop working.

That makes sense.  I think because I have them set to shares, then it would not be putting them in the docker.img though - is that correct?

I still think Sonarr just does not know where the files are.  I thought SABnzbd was supposed to tell it where the files are and it would move them to the /media location?  But it doesn't seem to know where the files were downloaded to... even though the /data location is mapped to the /Downloads share (and that is where SABnzbd is putting them)

Edited by Convington
5 minutes ago, Convington said:

've posted every setting I know of for Sonarr.  I assumed it knows TV because it is mapped in the container settings (/media <--> /mnt/user/TV/

Can you post new screenshots of the settings in sonarr and sab too (not the container settings), now that you have changed to the correct location. I want specifically to see anything that refers to a path you have set which should match your volume mappings. And anything that mention moving/copying files. I don't use sab or sonarr myself, but I use radarr which is very much like sonarr. But sab is the downloader right? So it should move the files to the complete folder when it's complete. And sonarr then should have a setting where it can find the complete downloads. Been ages since I set up my radarr container though, so I  may need to check it to confirm.

11 minutes ago, Convington said:

That makes sense.  I think because I have them set to shares, then it would not be putting them in the docker.img though - is that correct?

The container does not know anything about your shares unless you map them to a location in the container. So if you want access to anything in you shares you first need to map it to a directory in the container. Say you want access to you tv folder, on the host side you set your tv folder path, and on the container side you need to "mount" that folder to a directory we can call /media as an example. So the container does not know anything at all about your files on your server unless you map them to a directory in the container. I know it's all confusing at the start, but we've all been there :P

So your tv folder share would then be /media in the container

Edited by strike

Sure, here are some settings:

SAB - Folders

image.thumb.png.9f348f6357d6ffcf8e2ef57127624156.png

SAB - Categories
image.thumb.png.3443a47b885275b248983bd9efea6ad2.png

This essentially says it will store in /Downloads any file (because no categories are sent up).  As a result, it stores it at:  /data <-> /mnt/user/Downloads

SONARR - Media Management

image.thumb.png.085eba9971a34ac3e66bcf3d5600384a.png

SONARR - Download Client

image.thumb.png.4450cb31ceebb222856f9b4bf8db4168.png

No remote mappings required as far as I am aware, they are all local folders mapped in the container

SONARR - General

image.thumb.png.35e4037a675bb36fdaad76bde50be521.png

That is about it.  I don't see any other settings besides container settings that even mention /media or /TV.

2 minutes ago, strike said:

The container does not know anything about your shares unless you map them to a location in the container. So if you want access to anything in you shares you first need to map it to a directory in the container. Say you want access to you tv folder, on the host side you set your tv folder path, and on the container side you need to "mount" that folder to a directory we can call /media as an example. So the container does not know anything at all about your files on your server unless you map them to a directory in the container. I know it's all confusing at the start, but we've all been there :P

So your tv folder share would then be /media in the container

Yes, I did know most of that... but mostly out of trial and error :)   That is why in SONARR, I have:

image.thumb.png.6ccd22c24d4ddc08bac719f845d25e55.png

Which maps /media to the /TV share, which relates to TV in the User Shares here:

image.png.b8b362256b5da7e2f255df19e320c557.png

Which then relates to:  /mnt/user/TV/

It definitely is confusing at first and I think I got that right.. I do NOT know if SONARR just 'knows' about that /media mapping or if it is looking somewhere else for the downloads.

But I thought you changed the settings in sab after the comment from @binhex? But you haven't, please read his post again. You settings is wrong, remember the /downloads location doesn't map to anything on the host side.

I didn't - that was why I asked so many questions like about selecting that location (so, SAB knows about it if I can select it) and all the files are going there (so, SAB knows about it).  I mean... SAB is doing its job well.  SONARR just doesn't know the files are there (IMO).

/Downloads has all the downloads

/Downloads/incomplete has anything that is incomplete

So.. SAB is downloading and placing the files correctly - which means it understands where it is mapped.

1 minute ago, Convington said:

I didn't - that was why I asked so many questions like about selecting that location (so, SAB knows about it if I can select it) and all the files are going there (so, SAB knows about it).  I mean... SAB is doing its job well.  SONARR just doesn't know the files are there (IMO).

/Downloads has all the downloads

/Downloads/incomplete has anything that is incomplete

So.. SAB is downloading and placing the files correctly - which means it understands where it is mapped.

No, you are wrong, That's why sonarr is unable to find the downloads. Yes sab might have the /downloads folder, but that doesn't mean it's correct, Please read the 2 last pages again. 

No, you are wrong, That's why sonarr is unable to find the downloads. Yes sab might have the /downloads folder, but that doesn't mean it's correct, Please read the 2 last pages again. 

ok.  That is just my ignorance of the whole container and mapping thing :(  Sorry about that.  I am trying to download something else and will find out what it does with it once complete now that I have fixed those folder issues.