[Support] binhex - Sonarr

I don't know if this will help anyone else. I woke up to my server in dismay yesterday after an automatic docker update to binhex-delugevpn and I see its hot topic atm.

I currently have sonarr and radarr set up in bridge mode and feeding traffic through the binhex-delugevpn privoxy. The tightening of the IP tables resulted in sonarr and radar unable to talk to deluge or jackett.

To fix this I entered the server's own IP address (e.g. 192.168.xx.xx) into the "Ignored Addresses" field under proxy settings in both radarr and sonarr so that jacket and deluge URL's can resolve locally outside of the privoxy proxy.

This seems to have brought everything back to life, just wanted to check with @binhex himself that this isn't opening up any massive security holes and if not hopefully this might help others in the same situation.

Edited by xanderflix
1 hour ago, xanderflix said:

I don't know if this will help anyone else. I woke up to my server in dismay yesterday after an automatic docker update to binhex-delugevpn and I see its hot topic atm.

I currently have sonarr and radarr set up in bridge mode and feeding traffic through the binhex-delugevpn privoxy. The tightening of the IP tables resulted in sonarr and radar unable to talk to deluge or jackett.

To fix this I entered the server's own IP address (e.g. 192.168.xx.xx) into the "Ignored Addresses" field under proxy settings in both radarr and sonarr so that jacket and deluge URL's can resolve locally outside of the privoxy proxy.

This seems to have brought everything back to life, just wanted to check with @binhex himself that this isn't opening up any massive security holes and if not hopefully this might help others in the same situation.

Actually this matches the instructions he posted in the faq.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Q26

• Thanks 1

I managed to fix the connection problems to the indexers etc I got with the new update, no problem there.

But I can't for the life of me get the connection to Plex (within Sonarr/Radarr) to work again. The PMS is not on the unRAID machine so it should still use the PMS IP address? Any ideas? The authentication over Plex.tv works.

21-3-2 08:58:29.0|Error|PlexServerService|Unable to connect to Plex Server [v3.0.4.1126] NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexException: Unable to connect to Plex Media Server ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out): 'http://192.168.1.7:32400/library/sections?X-Plex-Client-Identifier=(removed)&X-Plex-Product=Sonarr&X-Plex-Platform=Windows&X-Plex-Platform-Version=7&X-Plex-Device-Name=Sonarr&X-Plex-Version=3.0.4.1126&X-Plex-Token=(removed) ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection timed out

4 hours ago, kim_sv said:

But I can't for the life of me get the connection to Plex (within Sonarr/Radarr) to work again.

Tried deleting the connection and reestablishing in Sonarr?

Do your plex settings enforce HTTPS connections?

Timing out does seem like a networking issue though.

From your unRAID terminal, if you run:

telnet 192.168.1.7 32400

Do you get "connection established"?

edit: what network type/ip address does the Sonarr docker have?

Edited by ConnectivIT

I can’t get Sonarr/Radarr to connect to Plex either. I’m not routing the Sonarr/Radarr dockers through the vpn, only using privoxy for proxy. All dockers (including Plex) are running in bridge mode on the UnRAID server. I’ve tried the UnRAID server IP as well as localhost and the docker0 IP. The connection always fails.

11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I can’t get Sonarr/Radarr to connect to Plex either. I’m not routing the Sonarr/Radarr dockers through the vpn, only using privoxy for proxy. All dockers (including Plex) are running in bridge mode on the UnRAID server. I’ve tried the UnRAID server IP as well as localhost and the docker0 IP. The connection always fails.

did you set the bypass address for lan?, see Q26. https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Correction, I just fixed this by adding my lan network (10.0.1.*) to ignored addresses in the Sonarr/Radarr proxy settings.

58 minutes ago, binhex said:

did you set the bypass address for lan?, see Q26. https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Do you need to do this if NOT using Jacket?  I have Proxy Settings->Use Proxy->No.  I didn't change this, I just added the ports in the SabNZBDVPN container and changed the Download Client Host (SabNZBD) to Localhost. All the indexers worked fine after this, and the download client communication works fine. I should mention that I was never using the proxy settings in Sonarr/Radarr. I was using routing container traffic using the "Extra Parameters:  "--net=container:binhex-sabnzbdvpn" " in the container settings.

Is there still a reason to add Proxy Settings?

I did have another issue, and unsure if related. I am searching, pulling, forwarding, downloading fine.  Imports are failing.  When I try to manually import these files, I get "Import Rejected: Not enough free space". However, under System->Status->Disk Space it reads 11.1GB Free.  Any ideas?  Related or separate issue.

Edited by mikesp18
1 minute ago, mikesp18 said:

Do you need to do this if NOT using Jacket?  I have Proxy Settings->Use Proxy->No.  I didn't change this, I just added the ports in the SabNZBDVPN container and changed the Download Client Host (SabNZBD) to Localhost. All the indexers worked fine after this, and the donlowd client communication works fine.

Is there still a reason to add Proxy Settings?

you are routing multiple containers through the vpn container, this is different to using a proxy, so please ignore (see q25. for relevant section for you).

1 minute ago, binhex said:

you are routing multiple containers through the vpn container, this is different to using a proxy, so please ignore (see q25. for relevant section for you).

OK, thanks.  I added some extra info, but you answered so quick :) As always, thanks so much for all your hard work.

Any idea on the second part? About the not enough free space?

Hey so trying to just clarify I have setup with Delugevpn  fully up and working.   I have the sonarr and radarr and jackett   previously set to proxy through delugevpn. 

so in https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md   25/26.    am I now having to add the step 24 to also have the proxy working ?   

just trying to clarify what is the next steps ... as I had gone into sonnar and radarr and updated to ignore local address  as per 25/26  but this did not appear to work...  so before I went on to 24  wanted to clarify things... 

Guys I'm really drawing a blank here, I cant seem to get my indexers working through jackett anymore.

I tried reading the FAQ but I'm not sure exactly which parts are relevant for my configuration, could anyone take a look and see what I missed?

https://imgur.com/a/NTsi0ZM

Edit: So today when I checked everything just worked for Sonarr without any more changes, Radarr still have the same problem though and I have the same settings there.

Any tips?

Edited by TorrnapZ

I'm having trouble getting Deluge to connect with Sonarr or Radarr. (binhex versions)

I get error message "Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.149:8112/json'

I've done hard restart of server, reinstalled the containers and checked settings.

I don't see any conflicts, and can't think that i've added or changed anything from while it was working prior; just no longer getting a connection to my Deluge download client for some reason.

all my settings should be based on SpaceInvader One tutorials, and had been working prior.

i can manually send items to Deluge, but even then they are not ported over when completed.

i'm not too tech savvy, so if there is a screen shot i could share, let me know

Edited by strykn
22 hours ago, strykn said:

I'm having trouble getting Deluge to connect with Sonarr or Radarr. (binhex versions)

I get error message "Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.149:8112/json'

I've done hard restart of server, reinstalled the containers and checked settings.

I don't see any conflicts, and can't think that i've added or changed anything from while it was working prior; just no longer getting a connection to my Deluge download client for some reason.

all my settings should be based on SpaceInvader One tutorials, and had been working prior.

i can manually send items to Deluge, but even then they are not ported over when completed.

i'm not too tech savvy, so if there is a screen shot i could share, let me know

Same problem here only I've been running a couple years or more. Deluge downloader is working fine. I can manually search on Jackett, find things and download fine. Looks like it broke last Sunday given all the red on Sonarr calendar...

On 3/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, mayhemkrew said:

@binhex I am sure this was answered but I cannot seem to find it in this long support thread.  Are v3 updates happening on a regular basis?  I upgraded to v3 this morning and noticed the newest version is about 4-5 behind the one installed with the :v3 tag.  Thanks for all you do for the community!

Also curious +1