[Support] binhex - TeamSpeak

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unable to log into server via putty, getting following error. I made sure to get the appropriate server admin username and password from the supervisord.log file in the docker installation folder.

error id=520 msg=invalid\sloginname\sor\spassword

Also, I can connect using my intranet IP but unable to connect via external IP. I've ensured ports are open and forwarded. When I do connect via intranet address, I cannot use the generated superadmin token and of course I cannot log in via putty to generate a second key.

Please advise -- any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Unable to log into server via putty, getting following error. I made sure to get the appropriate server admin username and password from the supervisord.log file in the docker installation folder.

error id=520 msg=invalid\sloginname\sor\spassword

Also, I can connect using my intranet IP but unable to connect via external IP. I've ensured ports are open and forwarded. When I do connect via intranet address, I cannot use the generated superadmin token and of course I cannot log in via putty to generate a second key.

Please advise -- any and all help is greatly appreciated.

ok firstly you cant ssh/telnet into this docker, you simply connect using the official teamspeak client, you use the auto generated admin key to login and you can then setup channels etc as you see fit.

as far as external access, all you should need to do is port forard the correct port and voila, you should be able to access it via the teamspeak client using <your public ip>:<the port you forwarded>

Okay thanks for that binhex -- I was confused from an earlier post in this thread instructing us to telnet into server for additional priv keys.

I'm able to connect to the server now and setup channels that persist through restarts, however I still cannot connect externally. Here are my settings:

lvzqT7d.png

I also have ports forwarded within my router's interface using the same ports and matching protocols. I have many other applications forwarded without issue with my network as I'm pretty familiar with network configuration. As you can see I'm also on 6.2. Please advise -- thank you!

Okay thanks for that binhex -- I was confused from an earlier post in this thread instructing us to telnet into server for additional priv keys.

I'm able to connect to the server now and setup channels that persist through restarts, however I still cannot connect externally. Here are my settings:

lvzqT7d.png

I also have ports forwarded within my router's interface using the same ports and matching protocols. I have many other applications forwarded without issue with my network as I'm pretty familiar with network configuration. As you can see I'm also on 6.2. Please advise -- thank you!

Can you please post a snipped screenshot of the port forwarding config on your router.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can you please post a snipped screenshot of the port forwarding config on your router.

9GsBOr7.png

Thanks for the prompt reply! Was just busy pruning some unused apps but you can see I still have several forwarded ports and ranges, the only issues seem to be with the TS3 ports for some reason.

Okay, I just removed and readded the ports exactly as I had them one at a time, restarted the server and it's working for some reason. No clue honestly.

CanYouSeeMe.org still cannot see me through that port.

Okay, I just removed and readded the ports exactly as I had them one at a time, restarted the server and it's working for some reason. No clue honestly.

glad its sorted, bug in the router software perhaps?

What port?

I belive canyouseeme.org only can detect open tcp ports, and not udp.

Oh, if that's the case then yes it was through UDP via 9987 port. It's honestly been working fine despite that. I really appreciate the prompt replies from everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. EVERY time this docker updates I lose all my channels, and have to enter a new Server Admin key.

Seems a few people are having this issue in this thread, yet no answers. Can we get a fix for this please? This issue makes this container almost useless.

Fixed it after fiddling....

NETWORK = BRIDGE

PRIVILEGED = ON

On the bottom, click "Add another Path,Port, or Variable".

Create the following:

TCP 9987

UDP 30033

UDP 10011

Apply = Win

I have no idea why these things are not in by default for Binhex or linuxserver, but can confirm this works with both.

Capture.PNG.f16c8e896642998fa1b95d4fc824dffc.PNG

I have no idea why these things are not in by default for Binhex or linuxserver, but can confirm this works with both.

Because if the template is set to run in Host mode, then there is no point in adding any ports to the template.  Don't know about the privileged flag though.  (And presumably both Binhex and lsio tested everything in host mode)

9GsBOr7.png

Thanks for the prompt reply! Was just busy pruning some unused apps but you can see I still have several forwarded ports and ranges, the only issues seem to be with the TS3 ports for some reason.

Off Topic, but why Plex is a range? i just forward 32400 and it works well.  Is there any benefits of using multiple ports ?

• 2 weeks later...

Binhex, could you update this docker so then you update the docker itself/recreate it, the icons will not disappear from the server?

/usr/share/teamspeak3-server/sql/files/virtualserver_1/internal

and channel icons are located at

/usr/share/teamspeak3-server/sql/files/virtualserver_1/internal/icons

Maybe add them to the config folder?

Binhex, could you update this docker so then you update the docker itself/recreate it, the icons will not disappear from the server?

Sure, thanks for the feedback

This is now complete, please pull down latest and give it a whirl

This is now complete, please pull down latest and give it a whirl

Looks like it is working fine, thanks!  :D