[Support] binhex - TeamSpeak

Can you please post a snipped screenshot of the port forwarding config on your router.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9GsBOr7.png

Thanks for the prompt reply! Was just busy pruning some unused apps but you can see I still have several forwarded ports and ranges, the only issues seem to be with the TS3 ports for some reason.

Off Topic, but why Plex is a range? i just forward 32400 and it works well.  Is there any benefits of using multiple ports ?

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201543147-What-network-ports-do-I-need-to-allow-through-my-firewall-

>>

also, when I try updating I'm getting this error: Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

Any clue how to fix this? Do I just need to delete the image and container and start fresh?

Can you please post a snipped screenshot of the port forwarding config on your router.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9GsBOr7.png

Thanks for the prompt reply! Was just busy pruning some unused apps but you can see I still have several forwarded ports and ranges, the only issues seem to be with the TS3 ports for some reason.

Off Topic, but why Plex is a range? i just forward 32400 and it works well.  Is there any benefits of using multiple ports ?

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201543147-What-network-ports-do-I-need-to-allow-through-my-firewall-

>>

also, when I try updating I'm getting this error: Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

Any clue how to fix this? Do I just need to delete the image and container and start fresh?

ok not sure why your getting the configuration not found message, ive never seen that before, you can certainly do a deletion of the container and image and then re-pull again, if your still having issues then please screenshot the settings for the container (unraid web ui/docker tab/left click on the icon and select edit then click advanced view and post the screenshot)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,
So I had a working ts3 server and one day it just wouldn't connect anymore.
So i have tried reinstalling both the docker and the client and i have tried deleting the AppData manually to reset the server, the problem is when i go to log into create the server for the first time it doesn't ask for my privilege key is just attempts to connect then doesn't. Not sure if this means that it is still seeing the old server despite me deleting the AppData. Maybe i am missing a file somewhere? i have deleted the files taht exist in the appdata on the cache and on the main share. both folders named binhex teamspeak. The server even started up giving me the first time the important message with the privilege key. Not sure what is going on...any ideas or experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 
Grimmdus

12 hours ago, Grimmdus said:

Hi,
So I had a working ts3 server and one day it just wouldn't connect anymore.
So i have tried reinstalling both the docker and the client and i have tried deleting the AppData manually to reset the server, the problem is when i go to log into create the server for the first time it doesn't ask for my privilege key is just attempts to connect then doesn't. Not sure if this means that it is still seeing the old server despite me deleting the AppData. Maybe i am missing a file somewhere? i have deleted the files taht exist in the appdata on the cache and on the main share. both folders named binhex teamspeak. The server even started up giving me the first time the important message with the privilege key. Not sure what is going on...any ideas or experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 
Grimmdus

make sure you are deleting on the unraid side whatever is mapped to /config, for example if /config is defined as folder /mnt/cache/appdata/config/teamspeak/ then delete all files/folders in the "teamspeak" folder.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the docker, works great and was easy to setup! I just had one question... is it possible to get set up this docker twice? Is it as simple as just making a new docker with a different port? I was hoping to host both my brothers and my own teamspeak off my server.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Boose77 said:

Thanks for the docker, works great and was easy to setup! I just had one question... is it possible to get set up this docker twice? Is it as simple as just making a new docker with a different port? I was hoping to host both my brothers and my own teamspeak off my server.

Thanks!

yes, simply change the port mapping on the host side so that you dont get a port clash, oh and use a different host path for /config as well.

• Upvote 1

Sorry one more question, i have another teamspeak server that i wanted  to transfer to this docker... is that possible? What files do i need to have?

Basically i have all the files, but when i drag them over into the docker folder so that i can migrate channels, icons, permissions, nothing shows up on docker restart... just a blank fresh server,

Edited by Boose77
7 hours ago, Boose77 said:

Sorry one more question, i have another teamspeak server that i wanted  to transfer to this docker... is that possible? What files do i need to have?

Basically i have all the files, but when i drag them over into the docker folder so that i can migrate channels, icons, permissions, nothing shows up on docker restart... just a blank fresh server,

ive never done this, but yeah it should be possible, one thing you will need to ensure is that the source teamspeak server is running the same version as the docker TS server (as close as possible) otherwise things like database etc wont import ok, im assuming the source teamspeak server is also linux right? if its windows then again you might run into issues with that.

what you could try is slowly transition it over bit by bit, so stop the source TS server, stop the docker TS and then copy just the channels across, then start docker TS and see if that comes across ok, if it does then try icons etc.

Edited by binhex
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, binhex said:

ive never done this, but yeah it should be possible, one thing you will need to ensure is that the source teamspeak server is running the same version as the docker TS server (as close as possible) otherwise things like database etc wont import ok, im assuming the source teamspeak server is also linux right? if its windows then again you might run into issues with that.

what you could try is slowly transition it over bit by bit, so stop the source TS server, stop the docker TS and then copy just the channels across, then start docker TS and see if that comes across ok, if it does then try icons etc.

It should be Linux, I'll check and make sure the old server is updated to the latest version and let you know.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe i'm being completely special, but for some reason I cannot get the default ports to change.  Earlier I read there should be a way to change the default ports in the docker settings themselves, no dice I don't see it at all.  I'm wanting to run a second instance of the docker, but it still starts up with the default ports even when manually entering in additional ports.

• 4 months later...

Cant get the serveradmin password to work trying to generate a new privilege key so trying to reset it.

How do I use the additional parameter :  serveradmin_password=MY_NEW_PASSWORD_HERE

The linix example given here states the following:

Linux example: ./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh inifile=ts3server.ini serveradmin_password=test1234

I was thinking it could be accomplished utilizing the variable function in the container but I am unable to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

10 hours ago, rx8freehk said:

Cant get the serveradmin password to work trying to generate a new privilege key so trying to reset it.

How do I use the additional parameter :  serveradmin_password=MY_NEW_PASSWORD_HERE

The linix example given here states the following:

Linux example: ./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh inifile=ts3server.ini serveradmin_password=test1234

I was thinking it could be accomplished utilizing the variable function in the container but I am unable to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

if you want to reset then stop the container and then delete all files and folders for the host volume mapping /config then start it again, then check the supervisord.log file for the new key.

• 1 month later...

Same here but looking in logs and I'm finding this.

"

Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself."

Trying to figure where to do the change.

Big

On 2/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, rx8freehk said:

After update, Unable to connect to TS :(

Im in the same boat. Just updated and get the following in the logs:

2018-02-26 13:57:20.068386 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2018-02-26 13:57:20.119727 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2018-02-26 13:57:20.195647 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2018-02-26 13:57:20.235663 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
chown: cannot access '/var/lib/teamspeak3-server/': No such file or directory

e":"No such container: 61d96c22a624"}

Edited by wrightbaj
On 2/25/2018 at 6:52 AM, Big Wig said:

Same here but looking in logs and I'm finding this.

"

Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself."

Trying to figure where to do the change.

Big

@Big Wig

This was the first problem I was having setting TS back up yesterday.

Edit your docker for teamspeak and click the "Add another Path, Port, Variable or Device"

Config type: Variable

Name: TS3SERVER_LICENSE

Key: TS3SERVER_LICENSE

Value: accept

But now we are having a permissions issue, so I'd say add the variable and you will have to wait for another update to fix the next issue.