[Support] binhex - TeamSpeak

• 7 months later...

Hi :)

First of, great docker as usual Binhex, like 80% of my dockers are ur's :D But I do seem to have run into a small problem on this one. I can't seem to find the conf files for this docker?? Running unRaid 6.6.1.
I see a few places you have referenced the config folder. Can't find it :S The docker is in the normal place like all my others, but the only files in there are the sql files, supervisor log, log files and the icons I have added.

Checked the /usr/share/teamspeak3-server/ and /var/lib/teamspeak3-server/, none of those folders exist.

I'm aware that I'm still a noob and quite fresh on unraid, but where in the world did you hide these files? :D

Regards.

*Edit*

Quick sidenote doh, I do have the docker running and works perfectly, just want to change some settings :D

Edited by ProZac
Adding info
8 hours ago, ProZac said:

I can't seem to find the conf files for this docker

what specific files are you looking for?, from memory teamspeak server stores all configuration in the sqlite/mysql database, if you want to configure the server then you would need to connect via the teamspeak client.

25 minutes ago, binhex said:

what specific files are you looking for?, from memory teamspeak server stores all configuration in the sqlite/mysql database, if you want to configure the server then you would need to connect via the teamspeak client.

Ah was afraid of that. I have been in telnet already, but was hoping they had like a normal config file of sorts that I could edit ports and such for several servers instead of doing it all manual from telnet. A nice .ini file or sommit with the port settings and such hehe.
Where should the whitelist/banlist etc be saved? Would this also be in the mysql database? Read that whitelists normaly are a txt file of sorts? 
On docker start it lists /etc/supervisor/conf.d/teamspeak.conf but this folder /etc/supervisor/ don't exist? :(

Sorry if all theese are weird/noob questions :)

3 minutes ago, ProZac said:

normal config file of sorts that I could edit ports and such for several servers instead of doing it all manual from telnet.

you dont need to use telnet, assuming you are a unraid user you simply edit the port on the host side to whatever you want using the unraid web ui/docker tab its as simple as that, you can then add another docker container, point it at a different path for /config, change its host port ot be something not already in use and voila you then have 2 teamspeak servers.

5 minutes ago, ProZac said:

Where should the whitelist/banlist etc be saved?

im assuming this is alll driven by the teamspeak client, a bit of googling would probably reveal this (not a teamspeak user).

6 minutes ago, ProZac said:

On docker start it lists /etc/supervisor/conf.d/teamspeak.conf but this folder /etc/supervisor/ don't exist?

thats because that path and file exist inside the container, not on the host (as in unraid's file system).

Ah ofc, I already added ports in docker page, shoulda figured haha :D

Normaly there is a folder on the "server" side with a config file and whitelist etc that can be edited, not sure where that went on Unraid, checked all the docker folders, but can't find this anywhere. Maybe not there as most is configured in docker itself and I can just add extra whitelist file, will do some more research. Tnx agan for quick and well explained respons :)

• 1 month later...

anyone else has problem with connection from outside?

I can connect to it via LAN, on the default port.

But portforward still doesn't work

no matter what I do, I can't connect to it

I forward the default 9987 port

I even changed the docker to host mapping to something random, like 8088, and i can connect to LANIP:8088, but when I forward the port, I can't connect to WAN:8088

any ideas?

is it with my router?

I have plenty of other dockers, which work fine with port forwarding (web apps, like radarr, sonarr)

anything special about ts3?

Do I need other ports?

cheers

20 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

anyone else has problem with connection from outside?

I can connect to it via LAN, on the default port.

But portforward still doesn't work

no matter what I do, I can't connect to it

I forward the default 9987 port

I even changed the docker to host mapping to something random, like 8088, and i can connect to LANIP:8088, but when I forward the port, I can't connect to WAN:8088

any ideas?

is it with my router?

I have plenty of other dockers, which work fine with port forwarding (web apps, like radarr, sonarr)

anything special about ts3?

Do I need other ports?

cheers

you have to run this docker as "host" network (the default) not bridged, and thus you cannot specify the port, instead you simply port forward to <your hosts ip address> port 9987 

48 minutes ago, binhex said:

you have to run this docker as "host" network (the default) not bridged, and thus you cannot specify the port, instead you simply port forward to <your hosts ip address> port 9987 

I started with that (default settings), and couldn't forward 9987 either. couldn't join from WAN:9987, but LAN:9987 worked.

same with bridge solution, i mentioned above

btw: any reason this docker uses host, and not bridge?

54 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

I started with that (default settings), and couldn't forward 9987 either. couldn't join from WAN:9987, but LAN:9987 worked.

same with bridge solution, i mentioned above

btw: any reason this docker uses host, and not bridge?

make sure you are port forwarding all the required ports:-

the TS3 server creates a virtual voice server on port 9987 (UDP). The ServerQuery is listening on port 10011 (TCP) and file transfers will use port 30033 (TCP)...

Edited by binhex
yeah google showed me the same.

i used ts3 before, and I only forwarded the default port and it worked.
it doesn't for a while now. any docker specific thing i should know?

does anyone has this working with WAN:port?
Yes, me, I tested it this afternoon and once the correct ports were set I could access it internally or externally, keep in mind you must ensure the protocol is set correctly too (UDP/TCP)

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, mweis said:

nat rule yeh

ok if you created a nat rule and you left the tickbox at the bottom ticked which says something like "now go and also create the subsequent firewall rules" then you shouldn't need to do anything, obviously if you did untick this option then you will need to manually go create the firewall rules.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 11:53 PM, DigitalLF said:

Hi I was just wondering of you know that 3.5.x has been released? If you have the time i would really be thankful! :)

due to changes from AUR to the offical arch repo this snuck through my automation system, so i will need to do some code changes before this gets updates, but its now on my radar to do :-).