[Support] binhex - TeamSpeak

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't get port forwarding to work. Ports are set correctly in pfSense but i can't connect externally. 

I noticed something in the logs: "Unable to open /config/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality"

Can that have anything to do with it? Everything else I've port-forwarded in pfSense work without any issue.

8 hours ago, Ephoxia said:

I can't get port forwarding to work. Ports are set correctly in pfSense but i can't connect externally. 

I noticed something in the logs: "Unable to open /config/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality"

Can that have anything to do with it? Everything else I've port-forwarded in pfSense work without any issue.

These ports are required for running TS:

9987 (UDP)

10011 (TCP)

30033 (TCP) (for file transfers)

Did you specify the internal ports and protocols correctly? In what network type mode are you running the container? You might want to try it in "host". 

The error message "Unable to open /config/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality" is shown, because you have not purchased a full server licese and are operating a server which can only host up to 32 clients (i.e. limited functionality).

Also you might want to consider removing the "enable reporting to server list" option in the server settings, or you server will be listed in their public server list.

If you are still having issues you can also test the official TS docker. There is a short guide I wrote, just in case.

8 hours ago, Seige said:

These ports are required for running TS:

9987 (UDP)

10011 (TCP)

30033 (TCP) (for file transfers)

Did you specify the internal ports and protocols correctly? In what network type mode are you running the container? You might want to try it in "host". 

The error message "Unable to open /config/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality" is shown, because you have not purchased a full server licese and are operating a server which can only host up to 32 clients (i.e. limited functionality).

Also you might want to consider removing the "enable reporting to server list" option in the server settings, or you server will be listed in their public server list.

If you are still having issues you can also test the official TS docker. There is a short guide I wrote, just in case.

So apparently it is accessible for others but i can only use the internal IP. Seems NAT reflection isn't working as it should for Teamspeak. I can connect to other services fine with NAT reflection working as it should just not for teamspeak for some reason...

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.101b17da339f53f1ed5a58e187f4e4ec.png

image.thumb.png.69d070d1dd23016548b5ce15d8f2f4ed.png

Hi Guys,

I can't forward the ports. I do have forwarding for several other dockers setup and running (via duckdns), but I just can't get that one to get going.

The server runs on local network, but can't reach it via duckdns or my public ip.

Any Suggestions?

On 6/9/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ephoxia said:

So apparently it is accessible for others but i can only use the internal IP. Seems NAT reflection isn't working as it should for Teamspeak. I can connect to other services fine with NAT reflection working as it should just not for teamspeak for some reason...

This is most likely because of nat loopback wich is something you would have to enable. Not really needed, but nice to have if you need to troubleshoot :)

13 hours ago, Jaster said:

image.thumb.png.101b17da339f53f1ed5a58e187f4e4ec.png

image.thumb.png.69d070d1dd23016548b5ce15d8f2f4ed.png

Hi Guys,

I can't forward the ports. I do have forwarding for several other dockers setup and running (via duckdns), but I just can't get that one to get going.

The server runs on local network, but can't reach it via duckdns or my public ip.

Any Suggestions?

Would start by changing to Host mode instead of Bridge :) Got identical setup as you except I run Host mode, no issues.

51 minutes ago, Jaster said:

Keep receiving the same error :(

You can reach it if you connect with your local ip? But not remotely? Are you sure it's not just from inside your network like others because of nat loopback?
Have you tried to reach it from outside your network? And if so, and it still dont work, then I would recommend you go over your port forwarding rules again. 

23 minutes ago, Jaster said:

image.thumb.png.b89f6d285266c8fb1613f60b91b26f17.png

My port forwarding seems fine and works for several other dockers, etc.

I can reach the TS server only from my local network using the ip, not the dns name of the server.

Sounds really weird. If you haven't tried it already, I would remove the docker, and all the files and start from scratch in Host mode. I just pulled another and it worked straight away. You are sure you can reach other dockers from inside your network with your external ip?
Some logs would also help, fresh supervisor, server log and run command to be safe :)

Yes, I'm sure. I gave it an extra try right now for sever containers

Here are some logs

ts logs.rar

Actually I did try host and bridge... Same story.

There is one log line

2019-06-20 12:42:38.021304|INFO    |CIDRManager   |   |updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1/32, ::1/128, 

Which seems strange... would that not be a whitelist to local only?...

21 minutes ago, Jaster said:

Yes, I'm sure. I gave it an extra try right now for sever containers

Here are some logs

ts logs.rar 2.68 kB · 0 downloads

Actually I did try host and bridge... Same story.

There is one log line

2019-06-20 12:42:38.021304|INFO    |CIDRManager   |   |updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1/32, ::1/128, 

Which seems strange... would that not be a whitelist to local only?...

That file is corrupted and unreadable. Please upload again. Also add your supervisor log and run command.
The log line you listed is normal, I have this aswell.

ts logs.rar

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-teamspeak' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='10m' --log-opt max-file='1' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UDP_PORT_9987'='9987' -e 'TCP_PORT_30033'='30033' -e 'TCP_PORT_10011'='10011' -v '/mnt/user/apps':'/unraid':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/apps/binhex-teamspeak':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-teamspeak' 

supervisor log is included in the archive

1 hour ago, Jaster said:

ts logs.rar 2.68 kB · 0 downloads

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-teamspeak' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='10m' --log-opt max-file='1' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UDP_PORT_9987'='9987' -e 'TCP_PORT_30033'='30033' -e 'TCP_PORT_10011'='10011' -v '/mnt/user/apps':'/unraid':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/apps/binhex-teamspeak':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-teamspeak' 

supervisor log is included in the archive

I think you need to pack the logs again. The rar file is still unreadable. And only 2.68kb

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the docker installed, tested it and can connect with the client, but I still can't login via the command line to do anything. I get the "welcome" text when I telnet in, but no prompt. Everything I type comes back with an error. IE "error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter" when I type "help" or "login"

Edited by thestip
Updated
So I got the docker installed, tested it and can connect with the client, but I still can't login via the command line to do anything. I get the "welcome" text when I telnet in, but no prompt. Everything I type comes back with an error. IE "error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter" when I type "help" or "login"

How are you trying to access the command line and also why do you need to do this?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hello binhex. I'm using your docker for about 2 months now and it worked all fine.
Today my group and I were online and it just crashed from one second to another without any warning.
Now I can't connect on the TS Server. Everything else works fine on my server. (Plex etc.)
I did restart the TS3 docker and later on the server. I still can't connect.
Checked the Ports on my router, all fine. Checket my dns service, allso working.
Checket the logs and found this error:  (the colours are as they are in the log)

2019-10-16 00:15:26,751 DEBG 'teamspeak' stdout output:
2019-10-15 22:15:26.751278|INFO |FileManager | |listening on 0.0.0.0:30033, [::]:30033

2019-10-16 00:15:26,759 DEBG 'teamspeak' stdout output:
2019-10-15 22:15:26.759549|ERROR |VirtualServer |1 |VIRTUALSERVER_DEFAULT_SERVER_GROUP points to 0

2019-10-16 00:15:26,759 DEBG 'teamspeak' stdout output:
2019-10-15 22:15:26.759881|ERROR |VirtualSvrMgr | |loading VirtualServer(1) failed to start, error: invalid group ID

2019-10-16 00:15:26,760 DEBG 'teamspeak' stdout output:
2019-10-15 22:15:26.760115|INFO |VirtualServerBase|1 |stopped

Do you know what this means and how I can fix it?

Thanks and best regards
Akuno

Edited by Akuno
14 hours ago, Akuno said:

Hello binhex. I'm using your docker for about 2 months now and it worked all fine.
Today my group and I were online and it just crashed from one second to another without any warning.
Now I can't connect on the TS Server. Everything else works fine on my server. (Plex etc.)
I did restart the TS3 docker and later on the server. I still can't connect.
Checked the Ports on my router, all fine. Checket my dns service, allso working.
Checket the logs and found this error:  (the colours are as they are in the log)

Do you know what this means and how I can fix it?

Thanks and best regards
Akuno

a quick bit of googling lands me here:-

https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/121642-loading-VirtualServer(1)-failed-to-start-error-invalid-group-ID

with this:-

You do not have any default server group (which should be Guest by default).
In other words, your databse is broken.

so im going to guess you are using unraid 6.7.2, and you have /config for this container stored on the array (not cache drive), am i correct?.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

with this:-

so im going to guess you are using unraid 6.7.2, and you have /config for this container stored on the array (not cache drive), am i correct?.

Yes I'm using unraid 6.7.2 and yes everything is on the array. I hav no cach drive. I'm using an usb 2 stick for unraid and 3x 8GB WD Red HDD as array (1 as parrity disc).

4 minutes ago, Akuno said:

Yes I'm using unraid 6.7.2 and yes everything is on the array. I hav no cach drive. I'm using an usb 2 stick for unraid and 3x 8GB WD Red HDD as array (1 as parrity disc).

i thought so, in that case you are running into the unraid bug with sqlite databases, you can simply restore all your files located in /config (assuming you have a backup) but this will only fix it temporarily until it happens again. 

for a longer term fix your options are:-

1. roll back to unraid 6.6.7

or

2. buy a cache drive and move application config/database/metadata from array to cache

or

3. wait and hope limetech fix the issue in 6.8.0 (still in release candidate stage).

obviously whatever option you choose you will still need to either restore your database back to a working version, or if no backups then you would need to delete everything in /config for this container and re-configure from scratch..