Unraid newbie problems

Amralx1

Hi

I am new to the forum. Last weeki  installed unraid to create an NAS / Gaming / Workstation

I followed the youtube tutorials from Jon and Linus

After creating the first virtual machine and after a few rebbots i started having some problems

1.Random vm freezes and shutdowns´

2. No access to webguy after vm shutdown

3. Sometimes unraid freezes during pc startup

I tried to search in the forum for similar problems but couldn't solve.

I don't know whether they are hardware errors or misconfigured in unraid.

My setup is below, i attached diagnostic files.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Amralx1

unnas-diagnostics-20160123-0004.zip

Hi

I am new to the forum. Last weeki  installed unraid to create an NAS / Gaming / Workstation

After creating the first virtual machine and after a few rebbots i started having some problems

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Amralx1

Please remove all plugins, reboot, and then see if you can recreate your issues.

Hi

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Amralx1

Please remove all plugins, reboot, and then see if you can recreate your issues.

Plugins deleted

rebooted

Vm random shutdows started. i attached system logs, and is showing

errors

Domain id=1 is tainted: high-privileges

Domain id=1 is tainted: custom-argv

Domain id=1 is tainted: host-cpu

warnings

char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)

libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] submiturb failed error -1 errno=28

qemu-system-x86_64: hw/usb/core.c:551: usb_packet_check_state: Assertion `!"usb packet state check failed"' failed.

2016-01-23 23:13:09.275+0000: shutting down

unnas-diagnostics-20160123-2313.zip

I am willing to bet it is a hardware issue, CPU specifically..  I had issues with unRAID freezing up on my server, and losing access to the webGUI also.  I also would get a kernel panic error while booting about 1 in 3 boots.  This started happening after I put a different CPU in the motherboard I was using, and it quit when I just put a new board and CPU in it.  I could confirm because the kernel panic error was occurring while loading some CPU settings.

Without you giving any details as to where it is freezing during PC startup, I can't say for sure.

I am willing to bet it is a hardware issue, CPU specifically..  I had issues with unRAID freezing up on my server, and losing access to the webGUI also.  I also would get a kernel panic error while booting about 1 in 3 boots.  This started happening after I put a different CPU in the motherboard I was using, and it quit when I just put a new board and CPU in it.  I could confirm because the kernel panic error was occurring while loading some CPU settings.

Without you giving any details as to where it is freezing during PC startup, I can't say for sure.

hi

Could be, i had some errors about cpu and kernel in vm.

i  flashed bios and load bios defaut settings and  cpu is stock without overclock.  vm freezes and network disconnect continue to happen.

i already flash bios

thanks

IMG_2064.JPG.f755b100caa4aedd0bf714436697fe73.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG.97b8470489c50ace376a6078781e067c.JPG

hi

Could be, i had some errors about cpu and kernel in vm.

i  flashed bios and load bios defaut settings and  cpu is stock without overclock.  vm freezes and network disconnect continue to happen.

i already flash bios

thanks

Exit your VM in XML editor mode.  Then search for "host-passthrough".  Change that to "host-model" and give that a try.

Before

2016-01-24 18:10:32.087+0000: starting up libvirt version: 1.2.18, qemu version: 2.3.0

LC_ALL=C PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin HOME=/ QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -name Amaral -S -machine pc-i440fx-2.3,accel=kvm,usb=off,mem-merge=off -cpu host -m 16384 -realtime mlock=on -smp 8,sockets=1,cores=8,threads=1 -uuid ce095b34-4ff6-2b4b-4617-5a012bf4bf23 -nographic -no-user-config -nodefaults -chardev socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/Amaral.monitor,server,nowait -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=localtime,driftfix=slew -global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=discard -no-hpet -no-shutdown -boot strict=on -device piix3-usb-uhci,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2 -device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 -drive file=/mnt/user/domains/Amaral/vdisk1.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk2,format=raw,cache=writeback -device virtio-blk-pci,scsi=off,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4,drive=drive-virtio-disk2,id=virtio-disk2,bootindex=1 -drive file=/mnt/user/arrayvidsks/Amaral/vdisk2.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk3,format=revice ioh3420,bus=pci.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1 -device vfio-pci,host=04:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on -device vfio-pci,host=00:1b.0,bus=root.1,addr=01.0 -msg timestamp=on

Domain id=1 is tainted: high-privileges

Domain id=1 is tainted: custom-argv

Domain id=1 is tainted: host-cpu

qemu-system-x86_64: hw/usb/core.c:551: usb_packet_check_state: Assertion `!"usb packet state check failed"' failed.

2016-01-24 18:10:53.017+0000: shutting down

After

2016-01-24 18:14:29.306+0000: starting up libvirt version: 1.2.18, qemu version: 2.3.0

LC_ALL=C PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin HOME=/ QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -name Amaral -S -machine pc-i440fx-2.3,accel=kvm,usb=off,mem-merge=off -cpu Haswell-noTSX,+abm,+pdpe1gb,+rdrand,+f16c,+osxsave,+dca,+pdcm,+xtpr,+tm2,+est,+vmx,+ds_cpl,+monitor,+dtes64,+pbe,+tm,+ht,+ss,+acpi,+ds,+vme -m 16384 -realtime mlock=on -smp 8,sockets=1,cores=8,threads=1 -uuid ce095b34-4ff6-2b4b-4617-5a012bf4bf23 -nographic -no-user-config -nodefaults -chardev socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/Amaral.monitor,server,nowait -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=localtime,driftfix=slew -global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=discard -no-hpet -no-shutdown -boot strict=on -device piix3-usb-uhci,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2 -device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 -drive file=/mnt/user/domains/Amaral/vdisk1.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk2,format=raw,cache=writeback -device virtio-blk-pci,scsi=off,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4,drive=dr4,hostaddr=3,id=hostdev0 -device usb-host,hostbus=1,hostaddr=7,id=hostdev1 -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6 -device ioh3420,bus=pci.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1 -device vfio-pci,host=04:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on -device vfio-pci,host=00:1b.0,bus=root.1,addr=01.0 -msg timestamp=on

Domain id=2 is tainted: high-privileges

Domain id=2 is tainted: custom-argv

2016-01-24 18:22:00.841+0000: shutting down

And vm freezes again, i m getting some libusb error