new user - love it! couple questions

How new is this version I just installed? It seems sooooo much easier than the version I tried 2 years ago.  I set up a test server with three 160GB drives in RAID5.  I plan to feed ISOs to my Dune smart players.  I love it so far.  I'm getting about 30MB/s on write.  I wonder what that would be with green drives.

I set up 3 shares, movies, data, videos.  In the movies folder I plan to have 4 more folders organizing my movies.

1. It's ok to have folder hierarchies within shares right?

2. It's ok that a share can be set as both NFS and SMB? I'd like to use NFS for the dune and SMB for windows.

3. Can I set the tower to completely shut down?  Or is it recommended to leave it running 24/7 and just have the drives spin down?

4.  The shares options.  Does anyone just leave this as default?  If I use high-water, do I need to set min free space or change the split level?

Thanks for helping a new guy. 

Not RAID 5. UnRAID doesn't use the conventional RAID levels.

1. Yes, of course. I have only two shares, called Public and Private, with their access permissions set accordingly. Within each is a complex folder hierarchy. I prefer few shares; some people prefer to have several. It's a personal choice.

2. Yes, and if you have a Macintosh you can share with AFP as well.

3. I think it's definitely preferred to leave the server running all the time. Letting the disks spin down saves some energy. I'm sure others have experimented with putting the server to sleep and waking it up when needed.

4. I have mine set to the default, but that was a conscious decision because it best suits my needs. If you use high-water you can change the split level or leave it as it is, depending on what you want. You will need to set the minimum free space to a value larger than the size of the largest file you're likely to save to the server, otherwise you risk getting an out of space error when trying to save such a large file.