UnRAID with a Dune smart player

For those of you using dunes and nfs shares, what magic do i need to perform to get this share to connect?  In the edit network folder option, what do i need to put in there?

My machine is called tower, my local ip for this machine is 192.168.1.52, and i have a share called movies, inside that a folder called br and inside that an iso.

I am also getting only 3.5MB/s read speeds on my unraid smb shares. Suppins going on.

Also, is there anyway to make the dune forget a password for a private share? It seems i only had to enter it once and now it lets me in all the time. I dont want this. I want it to ask me for creds upon each restart.

Yes it says 10000 full duplex. Under that it says lo- loopback.

There is a parity check going on. Would that effect the read speed? UPDATE: no, I just checked.

The dune is getting full 11MB/s from my windows pc but only 8MB/s max from unraid.  It takes a good 3 minutes to climb to 8MB too.  Deja Vu.  I think this is the same exact thing that happened when I tried unRAID 2 years ago.

Is there some switch or button I am missing?

There is a parity check going on. Would that effect the read speed? UPDATE: no, I just checked.

The dune is getting full 11MB/s from my windows pc but only 8MB/s max from unraid.  It takes a good 3 minutes to climb to 8MB too.  Deja Vu.  I think this is the same exact thing that happened when I tried unRAID 2 years ago.

I have never seen that "lo- loopback" before and will defer to others on that. Yes speed is affected during parity operations. Definitely something wrong.

What issues are you having with playing files from your unRAID server on the Dune?  A steady 50Mbps should be enough to stream any BluRay ever pressed. 

Post a screen shot. It doesn't seem to be clear what you mean.

There's not much can be deduced from that screen shot, other than you've got some very odd fan speeds! What exactly is the problem you're experiencing? I understand that you've done some file copying comparisons between unRAID and Windows but 8 MByte/s is equivalent to 64 Mbit/s, which is more than adequate for Blu-Ray replays. Are you getting freezes/stuttering?

A read test on the dune is reading a bd iso at 8MB/s. It should be reading at 11. 11 is the max for the dune smart since the nic on the dune is 100gb/s.

I can transfer the same iso from my windows share and get 11 on the dune.  Im out of options to try.

One word: overhead. Getting the theoretical max of 11-12 MB/s on a 100mb/s link is pretty difficult.

Though John is right, you should be able to stream blu-ray on that link. A single br stream maxes out around 40mb/s (~4MB/s)

There's not much can be deduced from that screen shot, other than you've got some very odd fan speeds! What exactly is the problem you're experiencing? I understand that you've done some file copying comparisons between unRAID and Windows but 8 MByte/s is equivalent to 64 Mbit/s, which is more than adequate for Blu-Ray replays. Are you getting freezes/stuttering?

haha.  Yeah, I have an Antec fan with a 3-way speed switch on my fan.  That screen-shot was posted in response to the "lo- loopback" thing that someone wanted to see.

No, 8MB/s megabytes is not enough for some BD ISO rips.  This causes a brief stutter once or twice during the movie.  Once I changed the "fast smb" option in the dune to on, it went from 8 to 11MB/s and the stutter went away.  It seems 3 MBs is all I needed.

That was on my Windows pc which is what I am currently using to stream my ISOs.  I have 4 HDDs in a windows span.  I am demoing unRAID. 

So, the problem is this:  On my Dune I do a read test from an ISO and get full 11MB/s from the start and it is steady throughout.

I do a read test of the same ISO but from the unRAID share.  It starts out at 500Kb/s and after about 3 minutes to reaches a top speed of 8MB/s.  This is no good.  Switching "fast smb" on in the Dune actually degrades the speed.

I know 3 MB is not a huge deal, but it actually makes a big difference. unRAID is capable in reaching transfer speeds of around 100MB/s but the Dune is getting the data that quick for some reason.

I just ran a Read Test from my Dune HD D1 from my unRaid server (spun up all drives first) and was able to get and sustain a solid 11MB read. No starting slow and climbing as you mentioned at AVS forum.

What are your server's specs?

I see from AVS your windows box is a single core sempron w/4GB and an SSD. You telling us that one can stream just fine, right?

I just ran a Read Test from my Dune HD D1 from my unRaid server (spun up all drives first) and was able to get and sustain a solid 11MB read.

Thanks for doing that.  Yeah, 11MB/s should not be that hard to achieve.  I'm kinda lost here.

right, my Windows machine is an asus gigabyte ga890fxa-ud5, sempron cpu, 4GB ddr3 1333, with green HDDs.  Streaming to the Dune with solid 11MB/s.

The unRAID machine is an Asus p5q pro, intel core 2 duo, 4GB ddr2 1066.  Three 160GB 7200 RPM hdds with 1 of them a parity. Streaming to the dune starts at 500kb/s then maxes out at 8MB/s after about 3 minutes climb.

Not sure if it matters but I hava pretty stock install of unRAID.  If there are some "assumed" tweaks that everyone does, I didn't do any of them.  Love to hear from my fellow Dunies.  I have the smart B1's.  Three of em in the house actually.

But i have already confirmed that i can reach transfer speeds of 100MB/s going to and from the unraid server by transferring files via smb shares. Its gotta be a dune issue not an unraid one.

I used that disk speed test utility recently and can confirm that it still works with unRAID 6.1.7. However, as you say that you think it's a Dune issue rather than an unRAID one I can't add any more to the discussion.